Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cordia's future in the KHSAA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Buford T Justice Wrote:I think you believe perry is just a little better than they really are. If you want to get down to it perry just barely got by hazard and buckhorn the last time they played. On another note who says Rod is going anywhere and even if he does cordia is still set up for the next 3 years anyway. All these kids have said they dont plan on leaving regardless. Keta(sophomore) Mercedo(sophomore) Henry(junior)Nelson(junior)McDonald(freshman) spurgen(sophomore) the next 2-3 years looks pretty good for cordia. Paparazzi you ole commodores and you good buddy Al will have a rough road to hoe. I guess you guys need to get you a new crop in to replace the gradguating class or you will be playing for second place next year.
Buford your team has never been able to win even with all your out of state players. Bryan Station beat you and they are pitiful. And my Commodores could beat Hazard and Buckhorn combined. And we can beat your lions. It was all you could do to beat Hazard because Big Al out coached you once again. Cordia has a 20 point better team. Your transfers will never win the 14th that's a promise.
^^^WTF has this guy been smoking! Hell the last time cordia played YOUR commodores they beat them and beat them pretty bad. If I was a perry co fan I would never talk about being out coached with the winners you all have brought in there the last few years. Btw Rhodes has a winning record against al holland 5 out of the last 6 games cordia has won. Cordia has put hazard out of the all A 3 years in a row now. You have really showed your ignorance as a matter of fact I can't even believe I am trying to make a point with you Hazard took 30 shots as a team that's about 1 shot per minute hazard tried to hold the ball and in a game like that a 7 point victory is equal to about a 20 point victory. As for buckhorn cordia had a 23 point lead with 1:27 to go in the game and Rhodes cleared the bench. If I recall perry only beat buckhorn by about 6 points the last time they played and beat hazard by about 12. I wouldn't blow too much if I were you until I put them out in the tourney because if the game comes down to coaching the advantage goes to hazard. Speaking of Bryan station cordia was short handed that game they played without their Best 3 point shooter and their best player was questionable until game Time with a hip flexor not to mention a couple of kids the night before had a little too much fun if you know what I mean!! Cordia played 8 games in 12 days against stiff competition with only really 5 players that played nearly every minute so yes they were a little gased. I know it must cramp you that cordia has beat your ole buddy al but trying to make the argument that al out coached Rhodes and al lost the game that is the most ignorant statement I have ever heard. I heard al say once that if he had Chris Hudson he could win the state tournament and he couldn't even hardly get out of the district. You need to quit sipping that al holland Kool-Aid and come back to earth!
It's been pretty quiet on here from the Cordia haters. Actually pretty boring, but Cordia plays in the "all A", beats a few 14th Region teams and the same old crap begins. 14th region teams haven't played Cordia this year in the regular season and Cordia won't be in the region so quit your whining until next year. Then some of you will be on here every day bashing the Lions with the same opinions you've had since Coach Rhodes came to the creek. I really think most Cordia fans just tune it out cause it's the same stuff over and over or simply don't bother to read it. We've heard it all before. Gives some people something to complain about, even if they don't know what they are talking about. And by the way, I'll bet you'd welcome some of Cordia's players to your school just like Hazard did Chris Hudson.
I watched Cordia beat the crap out of Wolfe County last night. Cordia has the most talent in the region.

That being said, Rhodes has to be the worst coach in the region. That is not a "hater" opinion, that is a basketball fan opinion. I don't think Rhodes had his team run one single set play against Wolfe. He put the ball in Anthony Nelson's hands and let him play one on one the majority of the game. If Nelson missed the shot, the majority of the time Cordia's length got the rebound and put it in. I'm not sure if they will come out of region simply because of Rhodes lack of actual in-game coaching skills.
Buford you are way to sensitive. It's just my opinion on the coaching capability. No reason to go ballistic. And I'm never a hater of any these kids. If Perry and Cordia played I think it would be a great game but I think we play better team ball. Your size would be tough for Perry if Rhodes utilized it. I think you got a ton of talent but they are young and will be great if they stick together. Quit being so defensive from a simple opinion.
BrokenArrow Wrote:I think everyone needs to leave cordia alone, OBI has been getting players feom everywhere for the last 40 years, now red bird is doing it. You dont hear all the Clay county people crying over it. It gives these young men a chance to better themselves and thats all that matters

There not crying yet. If Red Bird starts beating them and becomes a threat you will see tears shed.
Mark Emmert Wrote:I watched Cordia beat the crap out of Wolfe County last night. Cordia has the most talent in the region.

That being said, Rhodes has to be the worst coach in the region. That is not a "hater" opinion, that is a basketball fan opinion. I don't think Rhodes had his team run one single set play against Wolfe. He put the ball in Anthony Nelson's hands and let him play one on one the majority of the game. If Nelson missed the shot, the majority of the time Cordia's length got the rebound and put it in. I'm not sure if they will come out of region simply because of Rhodes lack of actual in-game coaching skills.

Why would he need to run a play that game JBS was watching and he did not play any of his big men the entire second half that was not a accident. Basically he played rotated 2 guard and his bench players the entire 2nd half.
When nobody else in the surrounding area would play Cordia, Wolfe county's coach. Not only did he play Cordia, he sent an email complimenting the team's, coaches, and fans behavior. Total class act and it was posted on the bulletin board for the students to read. One does not forget such acts. Coach had his plan for the game against Wolfe. Nothing but respect for their coach and players.
The people who say Rhodes can't coach probably think Calipari can't coach. I guarantee most teams would love to have coach Rhodes.
RoyHobbs Wrote:When nobody else in the surrounding area would play Cordia, Wolfe county's coach. Not only did he play Cordia, he sent an email complimenting the team's, coaches, and fans behavior. Total class act and it was posted on the bulletin board for the students to read. One does not forget such acts. Coach had his plan for the game against Wolfe. Nothing but respect for their coach and players.

He's playing and bragging on cordia at the same time he has the KHSAA on speed dial, complaining about cordia recruiting!!! Wolf County's coach is a Wolf in sheep's clothing!!!
Dont worry guys Rhodes may not even be there next year is what I was told, but if he is Cordia will still be beatable....there is no way Cordia will be heads and sholders above the rest. They got the best talent but that dont mean alot. If they get in foul trouble there destoryed
It is true a lot of local school will not play cordia for some reason, why I dont know but eventually if they get to play in the region you have to play them.
HD28 Wrote:Anybody can get an occasional transfer; hell one every now and then is bound to happen. SO, to point at Player A and say "well he isn't from District X" is foolish. Cordia cheats. And they got caught. Kids from all over the world come there, and for what? The world class education? The cosmopolitan area? I doubt it. And, did it happen before Rhodes? I'll wait for the answer...
I think Cordia won the 55th district in 1993. Shannon Woods was a transfer from MC Napier, Jamie Hughes was a transfer from Hazard, Bo Spencer was from Dilce Combs. A few local boys rounded out the team and Cordia kicked a lot of A_ _ with other schools rejects I guess??
hoghead Wrote:Dont worry guys Rhodes may not even be there next year is what I was told, but if he is Cordia will still be beatable....there is no way Cordia will be heads and sholders above the rest. They got the best talent but that dont mean alot. If they get in foul trouble there destoryed

You actually think Rhodes will be satisfied with the players he has coming back next year? He already has one sitting on the bench that is not eligible yet, that's probably better than the players playing now! He will have served his time, the chicken ____ khsaa won't touch him. He will have plenty players!!! And we will all watch our friends and neighbors sons get humiliated!!!

DON'T SCHEDULE CORDIA!!!!!!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:You actually think Rhodes will be satisfied with the players he has coming back next year? He already has one sitting on the bench that is not eligible yet, that's probably better than the players playing now! He will have served his time, the chicken ____ khsaa won't touch him. He will have plenty players!!! And we will all watch our friends and neighbors sons get humiliated!!!

DON'T SCHEDULE CORDIA!!!!!!
But it is all for the purpose of making a positive difference in troubled youth's lives, correct?
FunFan Wrote:But it is all for the purpose of making a positive difference in troubled youth's lives, correct?

Of course it is, except for the troubled youth's that live on Lotts Creek!!!

DON'T SCHEDULE CORDIA!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuxRM5SzF784HgWNXkTSL...jcHQ_ZdFPA] Wowza! Ole Fatpat just saw the future bolz! Future is bright for the Pats! Lions?SMH.Plenty of time to jump on the Patriot bandwagon! #JTHOLDSLIONSFUTURE More mash taters please!!!
Everyone will turn their attention to the Combs Road next year you can mark that down....The reinforcements are on the way!!!
hoghead Wrote:Dont worry guys Rhodes may not even be there next year is what I was told, but if he is Cordia will still be beatable....there is no way Cordia will be heads and sholders above the rest. They got the best talent but that dont mean alot. If they get in foul trouble there destoryed

Leaving on his own or by some other force?
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:I think Cordia won the 55th district in 1993. Shannon Woods was a transfer from MC Napier, Jamie Hughes was a transfer from Hazard, Bo Spencer was from Dilce Combs. A few local boys rounded out the team and Cordia kicked a lot of A_ _ with other schools rejects I guess??
That team had the best shooter in the region with Richard Richie but as I recall the coach duke kent combs got them beat by Napier in the regional semi finals. Cordia had an 11 point lead in the third quarter and took his starters out and Harold Brashear (hazard girls coach) came in for Napier and scored 11 straight points. If it hadn't been for that cordia would have won the region that year. But anyway, cordia probably has the most talent in the region but Rhodes is not that good of a coach. He's getting better though.
Best of luck to the lions in the All 'A'.
Not that I care, but just curious what you 14th region people think about Cantrall not even including Cordia in his rankings? Sorta like the USA Today college poll not giving votes to teams who are on probation. I thought that was funny to see.
It's not about the ranking but about the Hardware!
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:It's not about the ranking but about the Hardware!

I am guessing that is Cordia's All A region trophy? That is cute. Now maybe they can win one eventually that actually means something. The WYMT tourney that PCC just won is three times the tournament then the All A. If your gonna brag at least have something to really brag about. I mean congrats on it and all. But let's not act like All A is a big deal. Hazard won All A state one year and PCC still put them out in the first round of district. It is just another mid season tourney that dont really mean anything.
The WYMT? Congrats!
dore20 Wrote:I am guessing that is Cordia's All A region trophy? That is cute. Now maybe they can win one eventually that actually means something. The WYMT tourney that PCC just won is three times the tournament then the All A. If your gonna brag at least have something to really brag about. I mean congrats on it and all. But let's not act like All A is a big deal. Hazard won All A state one year and PCC still put them out in the first round of district. It is just another mid season tourney that dont really mean anything.

I said earlier I was for PCC to beat Lex. Cath. But it's fans like this that make it so hard to be for perry cent. Extremely arrogant.
is there much gratification winning with east coast players while the local boys watch from the stands?
pjdoug Wrote:is there much gratification winning with east coast players while the local boys watch from the stands?

Who are you referring to east coast. The Commodores are local. We have one kid who came here as an 8th grader and he's been here ever since. All the rest were born and raised here.
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:The WYMT? Congrats!

Why Ty. It definitely has better teams then the All A that is for sure. But just like the All A, it as well was a meaningless mid season tournament. The only trophy any one needs to post on here are the ones that matter. District, Region or State.
Easy Wind Wrote:I said earlier I was for PCC to beat Lex. Cath. But it's fans like this that make it so hard to be for perry cent. Extremely arrogant.

Over the years PCC has earned the right to be arrogant. Cordia fans get on here and pop off and make outlandish predictions for no reason. They have never won anything meaningful and never will.
Pages: 1 2 3