Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 50 Raceland 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
64SUR Wrote:In my book this should be the best game of the year in the mountain. Until the Corbin vs Belfry game in the playoffs. Confusederiously:

Sorry 64, but the Paintsville vs Pikeville rematch will be the best game of the year in the mountains.
64SUR Wrote:In my book this should be the best game of the year in the mountain. Until the Corbin vs Belfry game in the playoffs. Confusederiously:
i would say the ashland /jc game would have to be in the mix
dawgbyte02 Wrote:rams domination the last several years made this a highly emoitional statement game for the tigers. they have now beaten 2 of the best 1a programs in the east and know in their hearts they are ready for the post season. a little swagger is good because that shows confidence.

Pikeville was a huge win but I don't think the same can be said for Raceland. Paintsville beat a name tonight not a top team. Paintsville is good and I expect to see them deep in the playoffs but you really can't take too much from them soundly beating a mediocre at best Raceland team.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Sorry 64, but the Paintsville vs Pikeville rematch will be the best game of the year in the mountains.

I agree. HUUUGE. And both teams look quite different from the OT game...
nekysportsfan Wrote:Raceland has some quit in them this year. It's a shame as much pride as their community has in the program. After losing to rival Fairview and getting decimated by Paintsville, though, it's more than evident that something is seriously wrong in Ram land. What's wrong g with this years team?

There's a team who's lost 2 years of players who contributed to Racelands success in those years. It's kind of hard to throw these young kids into the expectations that we had with those teams. I guess when you get used to winning you expect it to keep going. Raceland is a good team ... Not a bad team... Nor a great team.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Sorry 64, but the Paintsville vs Pikeville rematch will be the best game of the year in the mountains.

Williamsburg may upset Pikeville before this game ever happen....Just thinking outside the line. :pondering:
64SUR Wrote:Williamsburg may upset Pikeville before this game ever happen....Just thinking outside the line. :pondering:

Put the bottle down 64. It's bedtime. Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Williamsburg may upset Pikeville before this game ever happen....Just thinking outside the line. :pondering:

Williamsburg will get the same treatment Raceland got tonight.:flame:
Huge win tonight by Coach Chirico and the Tigers. A statement was definitely sent out to 1A football as to who the team to beat is. Complete domination by the Tigers from start to finish.
If the tigers had the Brazilian bomber in that game and pikeville starts on their 20 instead of the tigers I don't know if they score in the first half
District Champs ! Monkey off the back with the best team in years at Paintsville, gotta say I was surprised how the Tigers dominated Raceland especially after Salmons said they will have to take it from us. Paintsville not only took it they stripped it from them and made them pay for it. Congrats to Paintsville in the district championship!
Go Tigers Game :worthy: a
BlueCrew34 Wrote:If the tigers had the Brazilian bomber in that game and pikeville starts on their 20 instead of the tigers I don't know if they score in the first half

Hopefully the Brazilian bomber is a good punter.:biggrin:
Nah won't need to punt
BlueCrew34 Wrote:Nah won't need to punt

Yeah right.
Just saying
As I stated on the original thread, BIG RAM has defected and joined up with them Tiggers and is now known as BIG SHAM. Hope
he stays loyal to you Tiggers.
But I think the coaching staff has just been holding back the real stuff till the playoffs. Then they're really gonna show what it takes to make front page news. The Tiggers can take old BIG SHAM and stick him and that cha-ching cha-ching, cha-ching register and stick them between their stripes cause the REAL DEAL is coming for the playoff run.
You Tiggers & Panthers better enjoy the next game or 2 because when you meat the REAL DEAL in few weeks, the RAMBLES are gonna fool some people. I'll keep you up to date and when to expect him.
I think boogie woodie may want to call doctor Phil cause he got some delusions about the playoffs. Was it just me or did the Tigers Freshman Team look good against the Ram ones
I thought the second stringers were getting work done myself. There were a few starters left in the mix at times though
BlueCrew34 Wrote:I think boogie woodie may want to call doctor Phil cause he got some delusions about the playoffs. Was it just me or did the Tigers Freshman Team look good against the Ram ones

They did and I don't understand why most of our 1's were on the beginning of that last offensive drive. Them Tiggers took their 1's out, we should've not put ours in. No need to try to score after them Tiggers had removed their offense after that last interception.
I do believe that BIG SHAM was in one of those Tigger's Frosh uniforms.
Coach might have figured out by that time that his BIG RAM had jumped ship and had a Tigger jersey on and that may be reason he put 1's back in on last offensive drive.
Good luck to them Tiggers and that traitor "BIG SHAM". Unless we are fortunate to make it far enough in the playoffs to meet again, and if we make it that far I hope we get even with BIG SHAM ! ! ! ! !
BlueCrew34 Wrote:I think boogie woodie may want to call doctor Phil cause he got some delusions about the playoffs. Was it just me or did the Tigers Freshman Team look good against the Ram ones

I think I need to see a Proctologist or whatever them fellers are called worse than Dr. Phil. Them Tiggers gave me a rectum scratcher.
raceland is better than what they showed. Every year after the raceland lc game one team moves forward and the other one moves backwards.i can't explain it but it's a real reality.
im not ready to count out the Rams just yet, still lots of football left!
Orange Blaze Wrote:Congrats to Paintsville you were clearly the better team. With that said, how much can you possibly hype one player up? Kash is good, I get that. But are the cash register sounds everytime he makes a play really necessary? I have never seen one player hyped up and celebrated like that kid was tonight. I hope he has a good future I really do but I can see all the hometown hype setting him up for some major disappointment later down the road because he will not always have the godlike status that he has obtained at Paintsville.
Seriously? I remember a young man by the name of Aaron Pettrey being pretty hyped up not too many years ago. Does that ring a bell? I do agree about the Pink Floyd cash register sounds though.

Which line? Smile
BlueCrew34 Wrote:Just saying

Just saying a bunch of silly,delusional BS Confusednicker:
Orange Blaze Wrote:Congrats to Paintsville you were clearly the better team. With that said, how much can you possibly hype one player up? Kash is good, I get that. But are the cash register sounds everytime he makes a play really necessary? I have never seen one player hyped up and celebrated like that kid was tonight. I hope he has a good future I really do but I can see all the hometown hype setting him up for some major disappointment later down the road because he will not always have the godlike status that he has obtained at Paintsville.

I agree with this. inflated egos get deflated.
I believe that some of our posters are misinterpreting the raw emotion of celebration in the heat of competition. Extremely confident and youthfully exuberant, yes. However, his humility, grace, and respect are exemplary and above question.
[quote=BlueCrew34]if the tigers are fortunate to win the title this year I have a feeling that some of you will be saying that it was a down year in 1A. This is a very good team and maybe best team in Johnson county.[/QUOTE

Tigers are dominant but can't debate single A is down.
At some point coaches have to re-think their system in comparison to what their team's strengths are. This group of kids in the JR and SR class, have never been a run and gun team, they are a downhill, smash mouth football style of offense. What is the use running the spread without having any threat to go downfield, run the stretch, or burn you? And no, its not me being uspest because we arent winning, I have said we need to go under center more and let our RBs get behind their pads more and run between the tackles. Atleast thats my opinion.

I dont want to talk down about these kids, I have been where they are and took a sound thumping to a superior team, no shame in that. But to just lay over and let them keep running over you, is something I havent seen out of a Raceland team, maybe ever. In the last 30 years or so, that may be the worste beating any Raceland team has taken.

Paintsville took us to the woodshed, no doubt about it. But that game was over the minute we got into our first 3rd and long situation. Been on a downhill slide the kast several weeks. Hooefully we can turn things around and make something a little more respectable out if this season.
Raceland has lost a lot of good football players the last couple of years. The young kids opportunities are diminished because of quality kids in front of them. Some times it just catches up with you. This team has a bunch of good players but doesn't seem to have any difference makers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5