Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
HC returns Ball, Cornett, and Carmichael in the backfield with Ford returning under center. Carmichael showed he was hard to get down at FB as a freshman toward the end of the season, he has potential to be a good one. BUT and here is going to be the big question, who's going to block for them? Loosing almost the entire O-line will be a challenge. Same goes for the D-line. Linebackers have a year under their belt and probably going to need it with an inexperienced D-line. Another tough schedule for the Black Bears next season..

Thoughts?
No question we graduated a lot of beef!! The strength of the lines may hinge on how many players are dedicated enough to work in the off season. I know this time last year, Zak was already hitting the weights.

With some improvement in our skill positions, it's going to be exciting to see where next year takes this Black Bear team!
Big key for next year will be avoiding the injury bug. That hurt the black bears a lot last season.
Get several back from injury including a couple LB's. I agree the line play depends on hitting the weights!!!!

Gotta get back to that Filthy Animal Defense and hitting hard and pressuring the QB.
panther nation Wrote:Big key for next year will be avoiding the injury bug. That hurt the black bears a lot last season.

I amazed you got a like on the injury bug, I thought that was considered an excuse and we know we can't have that at Harlan co.
We can't have any excuses at Harlan co, we are supposed to be able to put a 14 yr old freshman in the game and expect him to perform like a 18yr old sr.
Bear booster Wrote:I amazed you got a like on the injury bug, I thought that was considered an excuse and we know we can't have that at Harlan co.
We can't have any excuses at Harlan co, we are supposed to be able to put a 14 yr old freshman in the game and expect him to perform like a 18yr old sr.
This is a thread about football if you want to do your usual crying and talking bullshit go somewhere else. You should start with football for dummies. Now, tell us what HC has to do or gtfo.
Demarcus ware Wrote:This is a thread about football if you want to do your usual crying and talking bullshit go somewhere else. You should start with football for dummies. Now, tell us what HC has to do or gtfo.

First we need rid of fans who do nothing but blame coaches.
Bear booster Wrote:First we need rid of fans who do nothing but blame coaches.
I put the blame where is goes. Especially when a frosh and soph heavy team comes into your bears backyard and spanks your senior heavy team and then does it again this year with the still same under class men heavy team. Who would you like to blame for that? Go ahead and tell us who's to blame for a 3A team lead by those young guys just laying the smack down on HC at home with their senior heavy team? I'll tell you..The coaches. So your young theory is blown out but my coach theory is still alive. Admit it booster, you can swing from his nu** all you want but the games speak for themselves. Out coached. As for getting rid of fans that blame coaches if we all left HC wouldn't have any fans on here, everyone has run and hid from shame.
Bear booster Wrote:First we need rid of fans who do nothing but blame coaches.
So tell us what HC needs to do and keep the thread on track. Not that you would know but it should be entertaining.
I think it's obvious it will depend on how well our ol and dal develops over the offseason and into the summer workouts. Got a lot of good experience with a lot of youngsters and this should pay off on down the road
JerryGarcia Wrote:I think it's obvious it will depend on how well our ol and dal develops over the offseason and into the summer workouts. Got a lot of good experience with a lot of youngsters and this should pay off on down the road
I agree. I think the off season will be huge. This years team wasn't as strong as what HC is used to seeing, usually HC wins weight lifting meets with ease but it just wasn't so this year. Gotta get stronger and someone is gonna have to develop a whole new line...gonna be a tall order with being understaffed.
Bear booster Wrote:I amazed you got a like on the injury bug, I thought that was considered an excuse and we know we can't have that at Harlan co.

Unlike you I have a good sense of what football is all about. Anyone who knows anything about sports know injuries play a Hugh roll into how a team performs on the field. Unless you want to talk football I suggest you go some place else and leave football talk to the men and women who know what the hell their talking about!!!!
Will you have the same Qb this year as last season? Kid really showed some promiss.
Half a page in and already fighting. Keep it going HC. You'll miss the playoffs next year.
panther nation Wrote:Will you have the same Qb this year as last season? Kid really showed some promiss.
Yeah Ford will be back next year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Half a page in and already fighting. Keep it going HC. You'll miss the playoffs next year.
Not really fighting, every fan base has one that thinks they know something about footballConfusednicker just so happens this one thinks its a real booster but I'm guessing don't even go to half the games.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Not really fighting, every fan base has one that thinks they know something about footballConfusednicker just so happens this one thinks its a real booster but I'm guessing don't even go to half the games.

Booster will never let you back in another game. Considering we will be coaches I don't know what he will do. He's even run granny off Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Booster will never let you back in another game. Considering we will be coaches I don't know what he will do. He's even run granny off Confusednicker:
:hilarious: Good thing we are anonymous on here. We will be some awesome coaches that's for sure.
Injuries certainly didn't help, but the real good Harlan County teams in the past had injuries (Tucker Lewis, Austin Maggard etc.) and still won.
Harlan County lost too many players who would have been starters. Just on defense you had:

Fred Massey and Chance Brown, linebackers
Zach Jenkins, end
Bobby Huff, nose guard
Mark Messer and J.T. Cabbell, tackles
Kelin Gist and Josh Lee, cornerbacks

You can't lose that many players and win. That's six seniors and two juniors who had started in previous years. Someone with the program has to make sure that doesn't happen again. It's not guys playing other sports, it's players who just quit or left.
When you are counting on returning players from a 2-9 team that is not a good sign in my opinion. If the coaching staff stays the same it wont matter about what kind of potential the QB has because he will just be handing it off. The running backs that have been mentioned all played hard and did well but are just not the game breaking backs HC have had in the past like Massey, McMillon, Cain, Whitehead etc. They just don't break the 70 yard runs when they get through the line. It is much more of a 3 yards and cloud of dust offense than ever before. That may be the lines fault. I don't know but I just think that HC's chance to play in Bowling Green may have passed us by. I hope not but I don't see it getting much better.
Demarcus ware Wrote:This is a thread about football if you want to do your usual crying and talking bullshit go somewhere else. You should start with football for dummies. Now, tell us what HC has to do or gtfo.

James Earl is that you...lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Half a page in and already fighting. Keep it going HC. You'll miss the playoffs next year.

We could miss the playoffs the next two years and still be light years ahead of Whitley... Oh I forgot you run with Bowling Green now....wait they got their ass handed to them too. Next thing you know you'll be wearing one of those
Maroon Hines hats....:please:
^^^^^

Better be careful throwing names around, I seen one mod already say if you even hinted to an identity you would be suspended. Let's see what happens now...
Bear Paw = Kimbo James.....Suspend me....
^^^Well that explains alot

We probably will miss the play offs next year, but at least we're not running after the "Dud" crying with our hands out.
Smile

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Booster will never let you back in another game. Considering we will be coaches I don't know what he will do. He's even run granny off Confusednicker:

NEVER!!!!
Bear_Paw Wrote:James Earl is that you...lol

Kimbo it's not me now! My Facebook post was a poke at Jason lol plus you know I would never have a UK helmet as my pic! Lol I'm staying out of all this! Just wanted to clear that before someone thinks it is me talking all this lol👍
Bear_Paw Wrote:We could miss the playoffs the next two years and still be light years ahead of Whitley... Oh I forgot you run with Bowling Green now....wait they got their ass handed to them too. Next thing you know you'll be wearing one of those
Maroon Hines hats....:please:

I'm a Pulaski fan through and through.TongueirateSho
HugyBear Wrote:Kimbo it's not me now! My Facebook post was a poke at Jason lol plus you know I would never have a UK helmet as my pic! Lol I'm staying out of all this! Just wanted to clear that before someone thinks it is me talking all this lol👍
Gotta love the UK helment Confusednicker:
You need the new helmet Demarcus!!!

[Image: Chrome.JPG]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9