Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
64SUR Wrote:Harlan County has the talent to surprise some teams this year. Good luck Black Bears from 64SUR......:Cheerlead

sounds like they have big numbers which should give plenty talent to choose from:Thumbs:
Granny Bear Wrote:Eddie Creech is a wonderful person and hard working man. His head coaching ability is new, so we'll just have to wait and see. The kids sure do believe in him. It was their petition that finally convinced him to take the job that he had refused 3 times before.

Most of the staff returns, but not all are hold overs. As far as the problem with Larkey that got him fired....who knows? Certainly the Black Bear fans don't. Oh, you will hear stories from people who think they know a whole lot more than they do, but trust me....it's a mystery to everyone but the one who fired him in a 3 line email.

Now, I refuse to go back down that road so I'm going to shut up. It makes me so mad to think about the way Larkey was treated that I get a headache, BUT Eddie Creech had NOTHING to do with it!!
I appreciate it Granny. I had no idea what had happened. And, like u, think Eddie is a fine young man who will do a great job!
Yes no one knows for sure. But pretty well guess it has to do with the School Board and who is (related/very good friends) with the School Board that got this action started. We are a small community and hard to keep secrets from getting out. Only a handful of people actually had it done and it didn't hurt that its an election year. If Eddie Creech hadn't quit 3/4 of the way into it, would any of this have even happened? Weird that he quit and told numerous people he would never coach again. A coincidence or a fixed deal. Many people I talk to have mixed opinions, because like I said , we are a small community and everyone knows everyone's business. It also bothers a lot of old timers that a coach quits on a team and the players actually wanted him back. Regardless of him being a good person or whatever, he still quit on the team.
Bear booster Wrote:Yes no one knows for sure. But pretty well guess it has to do with the School Board and who is (related/very good friends) with the School Board that got this action started. We are a small community and hard to keep secrets from getting out. Only a handful of people actually had it done and it didn't hurt that its an election year. If Eddie Creech hadn't quit 3/4 of the way into it, would any of this have even happened? Weird that he quit and told numerous people he would never coach again. A coincidence or a fixed deal. Many people I talk to have mixed opinions, because like I said , we are a small community and everyone knows everyone's business. It also bothers a lot of old timers that a coach quits on a team and the players actually wanted him back. Regardless of him being a good person or whatever, he still quit on the team.
And you dont know his reasoning for stepping away yet still run your pie hole. Your hero is gone, get over it already.
Bear booster Wrote:Yes no one knows for sure. But pretty well guess it has to do with the School Board and who is (related/very good friends) with the School Board that got this action started. We are a small community and hard to keep secrets from getting out. Only a handful of people actually had it done and it didn't hurt that its an election year. If Eddie Creech hadn't quit 3/4 of the way into it, would any of this have even happened? Weird that he quit and told numerous people he would never coach again. A coincidence or a fixed deal. Many people I talk to have mixed opinions, because like I said , we are a small community and everyone knows everyone's business. It also bothers a lot of old timers that a coach quits on a team and the players actually wanted him back. Regardless of him being a good person or whatever, he still quit on the team.

I cannot refute or doubt anything that you said booster except for this being a fixed deal. It DID bother me that he quit mid-season, but I don't know the reason behind that either.

I believe with all my heart that Eddie planned on not coaching again, but couldn't deny the kids when they petitioned him. I don't agree with everything he does, but I don't agree with everything ANYBODY does......

But, it don't matter much now. It's time to get behind the kids and support them for next season...IMO
Demarcus ware Wrote:And you dont know his reasoning for stepping away yet still run your pie hole. Your hero is gone, get over it already.

Confusednicker:
Don't forget to come out and support the kids in the weight lifting competition....Lift Above the Line.
You don't have to have a huge team to be successful. Knox was very successful last year and they had a line that might have averaged 230. That's being gracious. As long as HC's coach gets his players to buy into the weight room, I'm telling you they'll be alright. Between 2008-2013 Knox had some absolute Giants on the field. But if you play like Jane it doesn't matter if you look like Tarzan. Change is a good thing sometimes
Pantherfan59 Wrote:You don't have to have a huge team to be successful. Knox was very successful last year and they had a line that might have averaged 230. That's being gracious. As long as HC's coach gets his players to buy into the weight room, I'm telling you they'll be alright. Between 2008-2013 Knox had some absolute Giants on the field. But if you play like Jane it doesn't matter if you look like Tarzan. Change is a good thing sometimes

Confusednicker:

Never heard that one before!!
This team is just getting better and better. I can't wait til the first game.
Black Bear Dad Wrote:This team is just getting better and better. I can't wait til the first game.

can't wait to see granny bear and 64 at Corbin and Harlan scrimmage, we may need a chaperone, and a English teacher if Demarcus Ware comes.: hilarious:
1/4bak Wrote:can't wait to see granny bear and 64 at Corbin and Harlan scrimmage, we may need a chaperone, and a English teacher if Demarcus Ware comes.: hilarious:
You wont see me there. I live in walking distance to corbins field and still wouldn't watch a game with them playing.
1/4bak Wrote:can't wait to see granny bear and 64 at Corbin and Harlan scrimmage, we may need a chaperone, and a English teacher if Demarcus Ware comes.: hilarious:

You need more than that.

Sadly I don't have anybody playing high school football anymore!!
:Sad04:

I still support the Black Bears and always will, but a lot of my time this fall will be chasing after college games.
Granny Bear Wrote:Sadly I don't have anybody playing high school football anymore!!
:Sad04:

I still support the Black Bears and always will, but a lot of my time this fall will be chasing after college games.
I know a little guy you can watch play in a few years Granny. He's going to be a beast, im just not sure what high school he will be attending yet Confusednicker:
Demarcus ware Wrote:I know a little guy you can watch play in a few years Granny. He's going to be a beast, im just not sure what high school he will be attending yet Confusednicker:

a high school at Goldbug:biggrin:
Demarcus ware Wrote:I know a little guy you can watch play in a few years Granny. He's going to be a beast, im just not sure what high school he will be attending yet Confusednicker:

If you let him play for Corbin, I will never speak to you again!!!

Lay the wood!!!
Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:If you let him play for Corbin, I will never speak to you again!!!

Lay the wood!!!
Confusednicker:
Oh don't worry Granny. Never would happen Confusednicker: I'll never forget hearing lay the wood :hilarious:
Me either!! That was so funny!!
Everybody remember May 30th at Coal Miners Memorial Stadium. Passing for a Purpose. All ages are welcome to this camp, so come on out and have a great time doing it too.
Yes everyone come out to the passing camp. A lot of learning with a great atmosphere
Check out the Lift-A-Thon stats. Danged if Jake Casolary is a beast! Pretty impressed with one of our 8th graders squatting 600+lbs.

Future looks great for the Black Bears.
Black Bear Dad Wrote:Check out the Lift-A-Thon stats. Danged if Jake Casolary is a beast! Pretty impressed with one of our 8th graders squatting 600+lbs.

Future looks great for the Black Bears.
I think that was his total weight for all lifts and not a total squat. 600lbs would crush an 8th grader. But you're right he had a great day and something to be proud of
Casolari will be a great addition this year. His numbers were impressive. Our running backs are pretty impressive, too!! Jake and Rhett were right in there with the big boys!
Granny Bear Wrote:Casolari will be a great addition this year. His numbers were impressive. Our running backs are pretty impressive, too!! Jake and Rhett were right in there with the big boys!
I agree that kid is a monster. I know his squat was over 500 and I think his bench was well over 300. Jake and Rhett have grown alot this off season, both will be hitting hard and jake has the speed coming out of the backfield.
This is the real thread for Harlan county.....you guys have a tough schedule. :truestory:
64SUR Wrote:This is the real thread for Harlan county.....you guys have a tough schedule. :truestory:
No doubt about it 64Sur. Its gonna be a rough road this season.
Demarcus ware Wrote:No doubt about it 64Sur. Its gonna be a rough road this season.

I see Harlan winning the second game of the season against clay county at home. Then I think starting October 2 Harlan county will be able to play with anybody in the district. Those will all be toss up game for me. Good luck this season would loved to see Harlan pass more....I understand Harlan county has good RB....4-6 or 5-5 season would be a good year imo. QB and WR could be the turning points in the season and the futures. Keep Granny Bear Alive. :Cheerlead
Black bear dad or any of the locals up there, anything going on? Boys still working hard? Been pretty quiet lately
The youth part of the camp was great. My faith in Coach Creech and the boys is just growing by leaps and bounds.

I've never seen a session where the boys, all of them, don't give Creech 110%.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9