Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell @ Belfry 11/28(State Semi-final)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Thoughts/Predictions
Russell wins @ Belfry with a 5 man front.
28-21
We Hang 8 Wrote:Russell wins @ Belfry with a 5 man front.
28-21

I am fairly sure a 5 man front wont be anything new to the Pirates Wink
After the way Belfry played tonight I have to go with Belfry to win this game. I think I may pick them to win the super bowl this year as well.
It worked for Pikeville
What does it do for Pikeville now? Belfry is in a show down with an old time foe. Belfry 34-21:flame:
Belfry-34
Russell-14
We Hang 8 Wrote:It worked for Pikeville
They have seen that exact same defense numerous times before Pikeville and numerous times after Pikeville this year.

If Russell beats Belfry it will be because they out-play and out-execute Belfry.
Even with that defense Belfry still gained well over 300 yards that game. There is no scheme they will throw Belfry hasn't already seen from a defensive standpoint.

If Russell wants to beat Belfry it begins and ends with making tackles on the edge and taking putting three hats on Hatfield at the LOS. If Hatfield is rolling look out. The flip side is Russell also has to finish their drives and keep the clock moving.

I think Russell can beat Belfry...but I think the Devils better pack a lunch if the Belfry offense executes like it did tonight.
Belfry starting to roll...Going with the Pirates 35-13
It's gonna be a brawl. I going with Belfry 28 to Russell 21.
Belfry returns to Bowling Green!

Belfry - 35
Russell - 17
russell tackles well. russell runs well. this gsme is goina come down to who can make a stop here and there.

Russell 21
Belfry 14
The Pirates are starting to Click!!!!! Offense looked smooth and The defense is playing lights out.. Pirates win at the CAM next Friday!!!!! 35-15
Belfry wins and so does Central,so next week we have Belfry/Central round 5 and Belfry gets them this yr..
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:russell tackles well. russell runs well. this gsme is goina come down to who can make a stop here and there.

Russell 21
Belfry 14

Belfry tackles better, Belfry runs better, Belfry scores better. Won't be close. Pirates win 42-14.
^ Bold prediction.

I think it will be closer. Not ready to name a score yet though.
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ Bold prediction.

You have seen a lot of both teams brotha. Whatcha thinking?
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ Bold prediction.

Just going with what I feel after talking to my trusty Friday night sidekick lol. To be honest I'm just glad Russell is back in the mix.
I'm going with Belfry in this one with a score like against LC tonight or more.
bucslover68 Wrote:Just going with what I feel after talking to my trusty Friday night sidekick lol. To be honest I'm just glad Russell is back in the mix.

From what I have seen of Russell I like the matchup. Think Belfry has a big edge in the team speed and athleticism department... also think Russell's strengths play into Belfry's. What does worry me is I KNOW Belfry would have had an advantage up front vs. Bourbon's line play.... but Russell has some guys who can go toe to toe with Belfry.

You also know Russell is going to be fundamentally sound and won't beat themselves. Bourbon wasn't afraid to take the low percentage deep shot and waste a down... but with Russell you know they are just looking to keep the sticks moving.

Korzep is the closest thing Belfry will have seen to Daric Pugh and McKee manages the game well.

Once again it is all about the Bull in the China Shop known as Austin Hatfield though. Russell hasn't seen anything like him and he is impossible to prepare for physically.

I see a fast moving game.
Hatfield is The Man out there. I have seen many, many FB's over the years. He is definetly top 3!!
Hello everyone. In case it's not obvious, I'm new here. I've been observing from a distance for some time now and thought I would finally contribute my two cents. I'm a former Red Devil and very proud of this years squad. They are playing with a lot of confidence and momentum right now. They'll need both next week. A healthy Belfry can be bad for your ownhealth.
Thoughts?
already a thread
Belfry with a running clock in the 3rd, maybe even before half time.
Good to see you again, Red Devils, but not that good.
Friday night plans, hopefully are to go as follows. Strap on helmets, lodge cleats in Russell's ass, make reservations for Bowling Green.*

* Subject to change if we play like we did in Pikeville
You know the Belfry fans can get on here and thump their chests and sing Belfrys praises. Talk about how big of a beating they are going to put on Russell.

Haywood has certainly earned every bit of the respect he gets.

What I will say is that the Russell faithful should be VERY proud. New coach. new offense. New defense and here they are playing for the state semis. Going in to this season I had very low expectations because of all the changes. Have to say I am quite happy with Maynard and what he has done. If I recall correctly the new defensive coach on the sidelines has a little bit of knowledge about Belfry as well. I believe in his playing career he lost to them once and beat them once.

Looking forward to seeing what TJ can do with another year under his belt.
Actually - the more I think of it, if Belfry comes to play I do like them pretty big too.

Playing at home on a fast track I think Belfry's team speed causes the Devils fits.

The thing that does concern me is if Russell comes out and mixes it up so well offensively and gets Belfry playing defense on their heels. If the Belfry D is thinking more than they are flying around - advantage Devils.
Red Devils in a rout and a running clock Confusednicker:
I would love to see Russell win this one but I think Belfry pulls away late.

Belfry 28
Russell 7
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13