Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Potential Clay Coach?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
I heard Dudley was in town dining at the World Famous Pat's Pool Room and Snack Bar last night.
TheTigersEye Wrote:I heard Dudley was in town dining at the World Famous Pat's Pool Room and Snack Bar last night.

Once against tiger man you mock the attention Humble Hilton likes by flirting with endless programs about being thier hc but let me tell you something your mockery is coming to an end. I call on all hiltonites everywhere to contact the mods ASAP and have the tiger eye banished from our boards forever. #HiumbleHiltonLivesforever
This job will not pay enough to attract a Hiltonesque coach. Critical hire for the program. Wrong move and you can use Tiger Stadium for extra parking.
Money is there for right person.
I would go after Randy Frazier. I think he would be a good fit there. He took a Middlesboro program that was in bad shape and they won nine games his last year and was coach of the year.
Frazier would make a good asst.
Jim Black good asst.
Go after Dudley and pay him good and all the toilet paper he can care home weekly.. Sorry, should be nice, but just had to say that..
Tigercreek Wrote:Money is there for right person.

You're being sarcastic, right?
Would clay be willing to reach into their pockets to bring in a big time coach? We've had trouble doing it at SL.
SLHSCard, I realize I haven't been on this board very long, but I've noticed that the last few posts you've had are pretty negative towards the coaching situations at South. It seems to me that all things considered, South has made two decent hires in two of their last 3 coaches. Coach Rymer brought some excitement after the Welch debacle and the team started slow this past season, but they were very competitive in the North game and beat a decent Leslie squad.
They are decent, no disagreeing, I didn't even think Welch was that bad, South just hasnt been very talented in recent years.
SLHSCard Wrote:They are decent, no disagreeing, I didn't even think Welch was that bad, South just hasnt been very talented in recent years.

:bball:
EXACTLY

If you grow up in Clay county and your 6' 5" 284 Lbs, most think wow Offensive linemen....NOPE NOT IN CLAY....He's a Point Guard, Daddy teaches him his whole life he's going to be the Jarred Lorenzen of the hardwood by breaking the traditional point guard mold. Six years down the road he's changing oil at the quick Lube.
Six years down the road he's changing oil at the quick Lube.
At least he would be working. More likely he will be in line at the bank at 12:00 on the first.
Oldtiger Wrote:EXACTLY

If you grow up in Clay county and your 6' 5" 284 Lbs, most think wow Offensive linemen....NOPE NOT IN CLAY....He's a Point Guard, Daddy teaches him his whole life he's going to be the Jarred Lorenzen of the hardwood by breaking the traditional point guard mold. Six years down the road he's changing oil at the quick Lube.

True. Clay and Laurel are both all about basketball.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Frazier would make a good asst.
Jim Black good asst.
Go after Dudley and pay him good and all the toilet paper he can care home weekly.. Sorry, should be nice, but just had to say that..
How funny. Frazier had the program going on the right direction and won nine games. I would take him at my school any day. Nine games for a program that was in shambles was pretty impressive.
pjdoug Wrote:True. Clay and Laurel are both all about basketball.

Can't speak for Laurel but, until recent success (winning region tourney) in basketball, Clay County hasn't be "all about" anything in sports for a long time.
5 of 6 trips to Bowling Green for girls basketball from 2006-2012 and back to back region titles for baseball in 2010 and 2011. Clay had some success before the boy's basketball got back to Rupp. Golf even had a kid make 6 state appearances and his brother won the Jr PGA with several state appearances and both are at UK. Didn't volleyball just win the district? Tennis has some really good individual girls. Even the cheerleaders (I do not consider a sport) have made several trips to nationals with a couple runner-up finishes. Football was pretty good in 2010 just ran into a good Pulaski team with 3-4 big players out. Clay County has had success in sports.
UKCC Wrote:5 of 6 trips to Bowling Green for girls basketball from 2006-2012 and back to back region titles for baseball in 2010 and 2011. Clay had some success before the boy's basketball got back to Rupp. Golf even had a kid make 6 state appearances and his brother won the Jr PGA with several state appearances and both are at UK. Didn't volleyball just win the district? Tennis has some really good individual girls. Even the cheerleaders (I do not consider a sport) have made several trips to nationals with a couple runner-up finishes. Football was pretty good in 2010 just ran into a good Pulaski team with 3-4 big players out. Clay County has had success in sports.

Not gonna argue your points. My comment was aimed at a couple of previous comments about the (boys) football and basketball teams drawing from the same talent pool while insinuating basketball has been great as of late. I was not referring to girls sports or any other sport. Take away a few recent recruits from Boys Basketball and they have by no means been a juggernaut in recent history.

3 or 4 seniors can carry a basketball team, no way 3 or 4 can carry a football team. Every year that Clay has had 12 or more seniors on the football team they have a shot at a district title. As soon as we figure out how to get our best athletes playing all sports, being happy with a district win and a few region wins here and there will be history. Going deep in playoffs and state tourneys will be frequent.
So we all have opinions about what is wrong at CC. Who is the one guy that can fix it and may have an interest in doing so?
I don't know who the man is to fix it, but they need to have a huge interest and say in the grade school system and middle school teams. Also, I see what SkinnyPig is saying, the Clay coaches in all sports need to support and share the athletes.
Tigercreek Wrote:So we all have opinions about what is wrong at CC. Who is the one guy that can fix it and may have an interest in doing so?

There is no "one guy" that can fix it. A commitment will have to be made first by the admin, the principal and athletic directors, parents, boosters and the community. Actually, when we have those things in order, there's a lot of guys that can successfully coach here.

It's as if we want to hire someone that gets football winning again, then we support him and the program. Sorry fellow Clay Countians, it VERY RARELY works out like that.
I agree, there's many people in the community that support all sports, I do my best too. However, some people aggravate me when they're only a fan of one sport due to lack of interest or jealousy. I attend both boys and girls basketball, football, baseball, and other sports when I can. The sad but truth is, any community including administration and boosters will support a guy at first and give him some time to win but after a season or two it's hard to watch losing. What is the unwritten year mark, 3? It's human nature. There's too many big mountain boys roaming that school not to have one of the biggest lines around. I understand they must be taught how to play too though. I'm all for whoever as long as, like you all sad, they have Clay County and its athletes' interest at heart.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Not gonna argue your points. My comment was aimed at a couple of previous comments about the (boys) football and basketball teams drawing from the same talent pool while insinuating basketball has been great as of late. I was not referring to girls sports or any other sport. Take away a few recent recruits from Boys Basketball and they have by no means been a juggernaut in recent history.

3 or 4 seniors can carry a basketball team, no way 3 or 4 can carry a football team. Every year that Clay has had 12 or more seniors on the football team they have a shot at a district title. As soon as we figure out how to get our best athletes playing all sports, being happy with a district win and a few region wins here and there will be history. Going deep in playoffs and state tourneys will be frequent.
Whitley's leading receiver this year was a basketball player that hadn't played football before. hopefully Clay can go in that direction after hiring a good head coach.
I wouldn't say the basketball has been great but they have been pretty good. Back to back trips to the sweet 16. How long has it been since the football team has won a district title, little lone a regional title. Neither of the transfers lead the basketball team to a victory, I will say House was a spark, but Chip's leadership and Blake's lockdown defense was the key factors in the majority of their wins. And, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't House give football a try?
Not confirmed yet but couple of very good coaches have inquired with both being very interested.
Who are you hearing TC? This is about as quiet of a coaching hire I have seen here.
Can't say as of yet. Want proof first but it's from great source. You know how some people are they would try to deter the process. One is veteran coach who is highly thought of and one is up and comer that comes from championship program.
Bird Wrote:I wouldn't say the basketball has been great but they have been pretty good. Back to back trips to the sweet 16. How long has it been since the football team has won a district title, little lone a regional title. Neither of the transfers lead the basketball team to a victory, I will say House was a spark, but Chip's leadership and Blake's lockdown defense was the key factors in the majority of their wins. And, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't House give football a try?

I don't understand. You ask how long it's been since the football team won a district or region title, as if someone was bragging on football. I'm not bragging or ragging on either sport, just replying to a poster that insinuated the football team should be as good as the basketball team because they draw from the same talent pool. I just so happen to disagree, nothing more. Our basketball team used to dominate the region. Even though we have won the past two (and that's a great thing), we're nowhere near being king of the hill like in the past.

Winning district and regional titles in basketball and football are two VERY different things...Apples and oranges.
Tigercreek Wrote:Can't say as of yet. Want proof first but it's from great source. You know how some people are they would try to deter the process. One is veteran coach who is highly thought of and one is up and comer that comes from championship program.

Will he be another commuting coach, or will he live in Clay County? Don't need a commuter.
TheTigersEye Wrote:Who are you hearing TC? This is about as quiet of a coaching hire I have seen here.

It will probably stay quiet, at least until the job is advertised. Was it advertised today? I don't think it had been advertised last week.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29