Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County 29 Fairview 25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
final
Closer than I thought it would be, might have a better team over there in westwood than people thought they would have.
Probably a bit of a reality check for Lawrence County. Still a long way to go to start throwing their hat in the same arena as the 3A elite.

Nice showing by the 1A Fairview team though!
nice hard fought win dawgs!!!
Anyone seen or heard from kyrock and the rest of lc chest-thumper's on this blow-out victory? Confusedhh:
I must say Fairview really surprised me playing Lawrence so close.
I don't know how Fairview completes a pass QB stares receivers down from the get go. Lawrence is Lawrence....they will not quit and they will knock your head off. If Fairview is gonna run that up tempo style they better get in better shape.
Lawrence got some horrible calls all night long.
Big Don Wrote:Anyone seen or heard from kyrock and the rest of lc chest-thumper's on this blow-out victory? Confusedhh:

Yep, sure looks like this is that 3A powerhouse that nobody wants a piece of this year.Confusednicker:

Fairview is a 1A school with a decimated roster, right?:yikes:
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Lawrence got some horrible calls all night long.

:thatsfunn
LC is overrated Fairview gave the game away to what people said would be a blowout. Was a heck of a game to watch. Fairview dropped a pass in the endzone with less than 2 minutes to go to take the lead. I really thought the game would've been higher scoring but was surprised with the defense. Good luck the rest of the way to both teams it was worth the price of admission.
By god......it ain't funny.
I was wrong by a little. I'm thinking the refs played a big part in the win. Bad calls on Fareview all night.
LC is overrated or their fans is absolutely crazy. Fairview gave the game away with less than 2 minutes dropped a pass in the endzone. All and all was a heck of a game to watch but Belfry is untouchable in 3a on this side of the state. I wish them well but I wouldn't trash talk a team that should've beat you tonight but gave it away. Like I said was a heck of a game to watch good luck to both teams.
Congrats to LC. Fairview is better than most thought.
This score surprised me. It's now obvious that Fairview is better than I thought. I'm blown away at how quickly these kids are grasping an offense that is a total 180 from what they've done in the past. Hats off to Fred Ray and the kids. However, the season is still young.
Ramcat77 Wrote:This score surprised me. It's now obvious that Fairview is better than I thought. I'm blown away at how quickly these kids are grasping an offense that is a total 180 from what they've done in the past. Hats off to Fred Ray and the kids. However, the season is still young.

Maybe their competition just wasn't all that great. Ever think of that?
Wow didn't expect Fairview to keep it this close. Congrats to Lawrence County
Great effort tonight by a young team! We had a chance to win. I was glad we were in that position. Talk bad all you want about Roy but he is by far the best QB in this area.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Lawrence got some horrible calls all night long.

They were the right calls. Which call could you possibly argue. I had a bird's eye view for the entire game. What game were you watching?
Just got in from that game and I left more confused than ever. Is Fairview better than I thought or is LC not as good as I believed? Maybe a little of both. The QB from Fairview has a nice arm but 90% of the Fairview offense is passing in the flats and rarely do they throw deep unless just throwing deep and hoping for a prayer. You have to be aware of their screen game but nothing about that offense is complicated. Its simple but efficient. They do a good job of getting the ball to their athletes in space. LC played well enough to win and some of the calls were bad both ways. Still dont understand some of the calls even now. Good luck to both teams in the future.
Clint Westwood Wrote:They were the right calls. Which call could you possibly argue. I had a bird's eye view for the entire game. What game were you watching?

Honest question, what did you see from your seat on the spot of the ball that gave LC the first down but intially had Fairview to believe they had it?
Fairview is 4 Real!
Bob Seger Wrote:Maybe their competition just wasn't all that great. Ever think of that?

Add Fairview to the list of teams that not only would compete but IMO beat JC up and down the field.
Big Don Wrote:Anyone seen or heard from kyrock and the rest of lc chest-thumper's on this blow-out victory? Confusedhh:

Just getting in Donnie but I don't claim to be a chest thumper Confusednicker: I admit I was wrong Fairview is the real deal and might win a game or 2 this season. Great job by both teams!
KyRock Wrote:Add Fairview to the list of teams that not only would compete but IMO beat JC up and down the field.

I love your perspective but I don't see Fairview hanging with the JCs and Belfrys anytime soon.
Clint Westwood Wrote:They were the right calls. Which call could you possibly argue. I had a bird's eye view for the entire game. What game were you watching?

Huh for one Josh Ratliff getting a flag thrown for doing what he was supposed to have been blocking. Horrible, Terrible Calls must have been an idiots from Johnson Co. or from WV some place like Belfry or something.
StrayBullet Wrote:I love your perspective but I don't see Fairview hanging with the JCs and Belfrys anytime soon.

I think they could I don't know about Belfry but JC is overrated. I do know that Fairview would compete and do good against alot of other teams in 3a.
I don't know where your birds eye view was the fumble they called on lc at the 1 yard line was a horrible call.
I don't see where fairviews roster is decimated at all. They lost 3 or 4 players. They play hard and fast. But lc stoped them on 1st and goal 5 or 6 times.
Lc is one of top 5 3a teams its just that belfry is so far ahead of everybody else in the east. It really don't matter if your 2 or 10 when you meet belfry in the playoffs your season is over.
Week 2 & 3 open for JC if LC or Fairview wants a game I am sure we can work that out.

KY Rock I have notice you have not call Pathway for Mental Health Treatment. Do I need to give you the number again.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5