Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County 29 Fairview 25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
AnotherPirateTD Wrote:I was wrong by a little. I'm thinking the refs played a big part in the win. Bad calls on Fareview all night.

Speaking of a WV idiot Confusednicker:
dawg fan Wrote:I don't know where your birds eye view was the fumble they called on lc at the 1 yard line was a horrible call.
I don't see where fairviews roster is decimated at all. They lost 3 or 4 players. They play hard and fast. But lc stoped them on 1st and goal 5 or 6 times.
Lc is one of top 5 3a teams its just that belfry is so far ahead of everybody else in the east. It really don't matter if your 2 or 10 when you meet belfry in the playoffs your season is over.

The fumble call as LC was going in for the TD (which ended up being a safety anyway) was really bad.
If I were a Fairview fan I would be scratching my head on the play-calling inside the 5 with less than 3 mins to go to take the lead. 4 and 2 and you run that play? Roll your QB out and give him the option to run or throw from the 2 yard line.
Bob Seger Wrote:Yep, sure looks like this is that 3A powerhouse that nobody wants a piece of this year.Confusednicker:

Fairview is a 1A school with a decimated roster, right?:yikes:

That would beat JC a team that is mediocre in 4a.
KyRock Wrote:I think they could I don't know about Belfry but JC is overrated. I do know that Fairview would compete and do good against alot of other teams in 3a.

I would take Washington from Fairview on my team anyday and twice on Sunday. Kid is gritty and has wheels!!
Eagle84 Wrote:Week 2 & 3 open for JC if LC or Fairview wants a game I am sure we can work that out.

KY Rock I have notice you have not call Pathway for Mental Health Treatment. Do I need to give you the number again.

I would be careful calling out little 1a Fairview because they would spank 4a JC.
Oh yeah All Day long!
KyRock Wrote:That would beat JC a team that is mediocre in 4a.

You keep telling yourself that enough maybe you can get your coach to call and schedule a game. Like I said JC had week 2 and 3 open.

Do not misunderstand what I am saying. I am not putting LC down I think they are or have the ability to be a very good football team the next few years. I do believe the game would be a good game for both teams.
The recent LC teams are a great example of a good feeder program I must add. I watched these young men play many years ago at the youth level and if you want to have a winning program you must start at the youth levels. These guys have been playing football a LONG time already.
Bob Seger Wrote:Yep, sure looks like this is that 3A powerhouse that nobody wants a piece of this year.Confusednicker:

Fairview is a 1A school with a decimated roster, right?:yikes:

And Bobby you might want to worry about JC winning a playoff game this year. And not choke like they do in every sport, every year! :biglmao:
Eagle84 Wrote:You keep telling yourself that enough maybe you can get your coach to call and schedule a game. Like I said JC had week 2 and 3 open.

Do not misunderstand what I am saying. I am not putting LC down I think they are or have the ability to be a very good football team the next few years. I do believe the game would be a good game for both teams.

I would love to see LC and JC play win or lose it would benefit us alot.
Sorry again KY Rock you do not need Pathway's. You need 48 hour commitment at Three Rivers Medical Center. (606) 638-9451
Congrats to LC on a hard fought game. Good job Fairview. Way to hang tough. Sounded like two evenly matched teams on the radio.
If Fairview gets better inside the 20 they are going to be hard for anybody to beat. IMO
Call TC for their advise.
Eagle84 Wrote:Sorry again KY Rock you do not need Pathway's. You need 48 hour commitment at Three Rivers Medical Center. (606) 638-9451

:yawn: You girls need to keep working at it. You are still no where close its the same old stuff :yawn: At least come up with something new no matter how it sounds. Because either way I will make you look stupid which isn't hard to do. You do a great job doing that on your own.:biglmao::hilarious:
Did anyone notice the adjustment LC made from running belly on the interior to veer on the midline?
I am glad to see that QB off to a good start for Fairview. That program, right or wrong, is going to have a tough time getting a break from anyone because of the stuff that had been going on there. Looks like to me that they have the right coach and the right offense to get that team back in the swing of things faster than many thought, me included. Good luck to them and Coach Roy, I am glad I was wrong about this game being a blowout by Lawrence County.
Ok I'm bored with the JC crap gonna go check scores from everyone else.
Good Job again to both Teams!
Eagle84 Wrote:Call TC for their advise.

TC is that one of the cupcakes on JC's schedule? Confusednicker:
Congratulations LC on your win!
Eagle84 Wrote:Call TC for their advise.

Or is it one of those Mexican Teams JC plays? :biglmao:
dawg fan Wrote:I don't know where your birds eye view was the fumble they called on lc at the 1 yard line was a horrible call.
I don't see where fairviews roster is decimated at all. They lost 3 or 4 players. They play hard and fast. But lc stoped them on 1st and goal 5 or 6 times.
Lc is one of top 5 3a teams its just that belfry is so far ahead of everybody else in the east. It really don't matter if your 2 or 10 when you meet belfry in the playoffs your season is over.

Fairview lost 3 or 4 players? Are you kidding me ? Here is a partial list of starters Fairview had last year that isnt with Fairview anymore.
1. RB/LB Tanner Dolen
2. FB/LB Armonde Yetts
3. RB/CB Kurtlen Brown
4. RB/WR/ CB Isaiah King
5. WR/FS Fred Hightower
6. C Goble ( cant remember his 1st name)
7. LB Goble ( the other Goble Brother)
8. DE / TE Caleb McNight
9. TE / WR/DE Logan Thovson
10. CB/RB Jalen Thomas
11. OL/DL Anthony Roark
12. OL/DL Tanner Young
13. OL/DL Cody McPeek
14. DL Fitchpatrick
15. DE/DL Chris Perkins

Here is a list of players i can think of who either started or contributed quite a bit from last yrs team who are returning as starters this yr
1. QB Alex Roy
2. OL Dan Metzler
3. CB/ WR Kyle Stormes

PS number 3 on this years team is a Jr who never played football before this year
Talon Wrote:Fairview lost 3 or 4 players? Are you kidding me ? Here is a partial list of starters Fairview had last year that isnt with Fairview anymore.
1. RB/LB Tanner Dolen
2. FB/LB Armonde Yetts
3. RB/CB Kurtlen Brown
4. RB/WR/ CB Isaiah King
5. WR/FS Fred Hightower
6. C Goble ( cant remember his 1st name)
7. LB Goble ( the other Goble Brother)
8. DE / TE Caleb McNight
9. TE / WR/DE Logan Thovson
10. CB/RB Jalen Thomas
11. OL/DL Anthony Roark
12. OL/DL Tanner Young
13. OL/DL Cody McPeek
14. DL Fitchpatrick
15. DE/DL Chris Perkins

Here is a list of players i can think of who either started or contributed quite a bit from last yrs team who are returning as starters this yr
1. QB Alex Roy
2. OL Dan Metzler
3. CB/ WR Kyle Stormes

PS number 3 on this years team is a Jr who never played football before this year

Didn't Fairview have a transfer or 2 come in though? And no I'm not trying to be funny with that. LC also has some kids playing that this is their first year Chaffins, Richardson and I am sure I am missing some. And what people forget they are just Sophmores or Juniors.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Probably a bit of a reality check for Lawrence County. Still a long way to go to start throwing their hat in the same arena as the 3A elite.

Nice showing by the 1A Fairview team though!

Not really. People need to remember that this same Fairview team beat us by a few TD,s last year. I think it was a reality check with the fact that even though we have a deeper roster then last year we won't get to play everyone one way like the coaches are trying to do to this point. The Bulldogs still have yet to put the best defensive unit on the field to this point but will have no choice when we get into the meat of our schedule. I still think we are the 2nd best team in district 8 and one of the best 3a teams in the mountains below Belfry and I said that from day one before the season started, but we will see how the season goes. A lot of football to go and a lot of improving to do.
StrayBullet Wrote:The recent LC teams are a great example of a good feeder program I must add. I watched these young men play many years ago at the youth level and if you want to have a winning program you must start at the youth levels. These guys have been playing football a LONG time already.
That is the secret of the Belfry and JC success or any HS program for that matter in any sport. It takes many years to build a solid program no matter how many you tube videos you watch.
Before I give my take on the Dawg's I will say a few things about Fairview.
If teams in 1a like Raceland and Hazard had Fairview marked as an easy win on the schedule then they better change it. I think a lot of people were thinking that the Eagles would be way down from all the stuff that went on with the program last year, but they are just as good as last year and this time they don't have any of that stuff hanging over their heads. I have some family from the area and they said that people knew something bad was coming way before the KHSAA dropped the hammer last year. The Fairview offense has something that they didn't last year and that is balance, they can run and throw. Very very fast defense and they have very good team speed all around. The Fairview QB is very good and very calm. This team is going to shock some people in 1a this year. Good job Eagles and I am a Bulldog fan 1st but I like to follow Fairview because I have saome family ties to the area. :Clap:
KyRock Wrote:Didn't Fairview have a transfer or 2 come in though? And no I'm not trying to be funny with that. LC also has some kids playing that this is their first year Chaffins, Richardson and I am sure I am missing some. And what people forget they are just Sophmores or Juniors.

Fairview had 2 transfer in , they are brothers one is a freshman the other is a Jr , but niether one are starters . The older one does get some playing time on D , but not a tremendous amount
#3?
Now for my take on the Dawg's. I think people knew from the get go that this team would be good on offense and the defense would be the question mark. The Bulldogs did not play very well in this game to start with, but I have noticed a few problems that will need to be adjusted. From game one the coaches have been trying to play a lot of people one way and even though we have a deeper roster then last year, I don't think we are deep enough to do that on the better teams on the schedule. Another problem I see is the defensive line. Not trying to knock the kids on the D line but you can have all the talent and speed in the world at the linebacker position and the defensive backfield, but our defensive line is slow as smoke and never seem to get any real penetration on the offensive line. The lines on both sides of the ball in football is what makes a team and unit and if those are weak then it makes the whole team and unit look weak. With the linebackers and defensive backs that we have on this team there's no reason why we should not be getting more pressure on the QB then we do. Another big problem is the pass blocking. On one play it looks great but then the very next play it is like one or two of the linemen just move out of the way and let one or two people come through untouched. I still think we have a few good players on this team who are not being utilized correctly or to the fullest extent of what they are capable of but who am I. With the teams we have coming up on the schedule I think you will see a lot of people going both ways and the best athlete's on the field at all times and I think this team is going to keep getting better as the season goes on. Is this team better then last year at this point........yes but we still have a long way to go in this program to compete with the best teams in the area but we are coming right along IMO.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5