Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 8, South Floyd 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Final.
Got to hand it to the Raiders and Coach Donny Daniels. They kept Paintsville's offense off the field the entire night. The Barker kid from SF ran superbly as he carried the ball 31 or 41 times.
Paintsville is hurting, they probably lose the next two weeks and finish 5-6...
wow...i think this was a good job by the raiders...gotta hand it to em..
congrats Paintsville...good job raiders...better luck next year.
Well I thought PHS would win by much more ! But they must be hurting really bad! Do they have only 18 players that can dress up ?
This was a very good game i was there and SF did a great job at Defense. the game was 0-0 until the 4th quarter and Painsville got a 10 yard run i think to take the lead 6-0 and they got the 3 point conversion to take the lead 8-0 and SF had a good drive and with 5.7 they was on like the 10 and then they threw a incomplete pass and there was .7 left and PHS sacked the QB which ended the game
ARE YOU SERIOUS..WHAT ALL HAS HAPPENED TO Paintsville? Congrats South Floyd..Keep working hard..You all are young!
Flat out pitiful. Gotta give it South Floyd though, they fought their hearts out tonight. They had control of the ball the WHOLE 3rd quarter, Paintsville never touched the ball til the 4th. SF ran over 60 offensive plays to Paintsville's 27-28. It was good to see Brian Walker back out on the field night for Paintsville afteyr being out since the Pburg game with the shoulder injury, BUT Paintsville lost a good one tonight in JJ Hensley, looked like and ankle injury, hope it was just a mild sprain and nothing serious. Boys better step it up next week or it will back to Hazard for the first round of the playoffs, that is if Hazard loses to Pikeville tom night.
Are you Serious!! Paintsville has gone down as bad as any team I can remember, and seem to get worse every game. If they played like this the whole season Jenkins and AC would BOTH make the playoffs, I bet they wish they could have scheduled them a little later in the season now..What has happened??
Paintsville wins but what is going on with the Tigers? I can't believe that the level of play has gone down this much in only 3 yrs. Paintsville has a problem and I don't know what it is, but they better fix it or things may go south real quick!
And Paintsville's team is nothing but Freshman with the exception of Barker and #81..lol..
When I first read this I thought it was a JV score honestly. I would have picked paintsville by 50+.one of the most suprising scores of the year for me.
Congrats to Paintsville...Really suprised with the score though
Why did they play this game tonight??? Congrats Tigers and congrats to S.F. on a hard fought game. I do believe that the Tigers have 18 players, maybe less than that now. Anyone know how many players they do have?
I was at the game and Paintsville done everything they could to give South Floyd the game...South Floyd did impress me though they had every reason in the world to just lay down and quit and not even try ...but they showed HEART...as for the Barker kid I think pound for pound he is one of the better backs I have ever seen....and I was down by the fence at the end of the game when they called Pugh for hitting Barker to early ...that was a horrible call that was nothing but good D...which I think the Refs did everything they could for South Floyd anyway...just my 2 cents.
Old_Trojan Wrote:I was at the game and Paintsville done everything they could to give South Floyd the game...South Floyd did impress me though they had every reason in the world to just lay down and quit and not even try ...but they showed HEART...as for the Barker kid I think pound for pound he is one of the better backs I have ever seen....and I was down by the fence at the end of the game when they called Pugh for hitting Barker to early ...that was a horrible call that was nothing but good D...which I think the Refs did everything they could for South Floyd anyway...just my 2 cents.

I agree about the refs, never in my life have I ever seen so many measurements and it be short 2-3 yards. Ironic part is the next play was a five yard penalty, or something to that effect. Nor have I ever seen a player get hit at the line of scrimmage, get driven backward, blown dead for forward progress and gain to yards. Ridiculous, but that still no excuse.
Barker is a really good back, I've got to hand it to Daniels for excuting a great play. Barker held on to the ball for most of the night, although there were a few clean strips it seemed South Floyd fell right back on them. Barker had 31 carries for 91 yards, you do the math or do you need me to? That's about 3 yards per carry, not astoundishing and their fullback had had 15 carries for 45 yards. SF longest run couldn't have been much over 10 yards all night. But that 3 yards and a mud puddle along with some key penalities and bad spots resulted in SF's clock control. Paintsville ran 25 plays compared to 67 of the Raiders' plays. AC and Jenkins are playing for the 4th spot tomorrow night, leave them out of this thread. They both lost to Paintsville, and good luck to both tomorrow. To bring up Jenkins, hey didn't Pikeville just beat them by 7 last week. I think Pikeville, and Paintsville found themselves in similar situations back to back weeks. While I'm at it, hey Playboy good luck to your Cavs tomorrow night. Hopefully Puckett won't be the best player for AC, because that will still result in a loss. Barker definitely wasn't on Paintsville's side, kudos for the kid as he played his hind parts off. I don't know how many the Tigers are dressing currently but I do know on a lucky night it would be about 20.
Pikeville will crush Paintsville next week. 2 and out for Paintsville. This is the worst Paintsville team in many years.
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville will crush Paintsville next week. 2 and out for Paintsville. This is the worst Paintsville team in many years.

Very possible, and we appreciate your support. Same could be said for Pikeville. Along with many other schools, if you don't think talent is down in this area compared to the last ten years. You're crazy.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Very possible, and we appreciate your support. Same could be said for Pikeville.

LOL, i don't think so. Paintsville lost to Fairview, lost 2 or their last 3 while putting up 1td per game (2 of those 3 were very late when the game was over.) Pikeville and Paintsville not in the same football universe right now, and are going in opposite directions.
jetpilot Wrote:LOL, i don't think so. Paintsville lost to Fairview, lost 2 or their last 3 while putting up 1td per game (2 of those 3 were very late when the game was over.) Pikeville and Paintsville not in the same football universe right now, and are going in opposite directions.

I wasn't singling out Pikeville nor Paintsville. I just knew Pikeville is your school, along with the recent disgust over Coach J's offense and the Jenkins game. I'm talking about talent has a whole, as in team talents. I'm not putting Pikeville in the same universe as Paintsville. I've got nothing to say about next weeks game other than, you got Hazard tomorrow night, I'm not friends with Dion Warwick and that's why they play them on Friday's. Just ask SF and Jenkins.
I don't like Dion Warwick either.
jetpilot Wrote:I don't like Dion Warwick either.
Did she give you the wrong prediction on a UK game like she did me? Confusedhh: Man, I miss that $100. LOL
No, she told me Pikeville would beat Jenkins by 8+. Made me look like a fool.
i expected paintsville by alot more.
but good job sf way to hang and play tough
The Blue Blur Wrote:Very possible, and we appreciate your support. Same could be said for Pikeville. Along with many other schools, if you don't think talent is down in this area compared to the last ten years. You're crazy.

Talent seems to be doing just fine at JC and Sheldon Clark.
The Blue Blur Wrote:I agree about the refs, never in my life have I ever seen so many measurements and it be short 2-3 yards. Ironic part is the next play was a five yard penalty, or something to that effect. Nor have I ever seen a player get hit at the line of scrimmage, get driven backward, blown dead for forward progress and gain to yards. Ridiculous, but that still no excuse.
Barker is a really good back, I've got to hand it to Daniels for excuting a great play. Barker held on to the ball for most of the night, although there were a few clean strips it seemed South Floyd fell right back on them. Barker had 31 carries for 91 yards, you do the math or do you need me to? That's about 3 yards per carry, not astoundishing and their fullback had had 15 carries for 45 yards. SF longest run couldn't have been much over 10 yards all night. But that 3 yards and a mud puddle along with some key penalities and bad spots resulted in SF's clock control. Paintsville ran 25 plays compared to 67 of the Raiders' plays. AC and Jenkins are playing for the 4th spot tomorrow night, leave them out of this thread. They both lost to Paintsville, and good luck to both tomorrow. To bring up Jenkins, hey didn't Pikeville just beat them by 7 last week. I think Pikeville, and Paintsville found themselves in similar situations back to back weeks. While I'm at it, hey Playboy good luck to your Cavs tomorrow night. Hopefully Puckett won't be the best player for AC, because that will still result in a loss. Barker definitely wasn't on Paintsville's side, kudos for the kid as he played his hind parts off. I don't know how many the Tigers are dressing currently but I do know on a lucky night it would be about 20.
Thanks, but not sure what you are saying about Puckett? Could you explain?
i think he is trying to say that if puckett doesnt make any mistakes they will win.
this is crazy, way to stay in ther south floyd. i woulda like to watch this game. WOW!!
COngrats Paintsville but gotta give props to my raiders
Pages: 1 2 3 4