Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 8, South Floyd 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I think that PHS runs the ball up the middle too much. They don't have the running backs or the O-line to do that. They need to find their style of play and stick to it.
TRAIN85 Wrote:i expected paintsville by alot more.
but good job sf way to hang and play tough
i agree...
:yikes: WOW!!
football_fan Wrote::yikes: WOW!!
Yeah i know its crazy
how did this happen?
the way some of these schools are playin now its untelling whats going to happen in the playoffs!
Redneck Wrote:Rolleyes Here we go again. How many times have we seen this on this site. Every time it gets brought up its the same thing. Other than a couple of LAST YEARS seniors name some of Paintsville's former players that came from JC.

Off an 18 man roster its hard to have names but some that come to mind quick are Kyle Sublett and both of the Reynolds brothers. Could be more but thats off the top of my head.
Wow This Is A Crazy Score Sf Needs The Congrats This Is As Good As A Win For This Team P-ville What Is Going On With That Program??
Kayaker Wrote:Off an 18 man roster its hard to have names but some that come to mind quick are Kyle Sublett and both of the Reynolds brothers. Could be more but thats off the top of my head.

I'm not talking about this year or last year.
football17 Wrote:Wow This Is A Crazy Score Sf Needs The Congrats This Is As Good As A Win For This Team P-ville What Is Going On With That Program??
Yeah its crazy, but my hats off to SF, they only have 18 kids, thats whats wrong with there program. Everyone in the disrict has more players then that
player_5622 Wrote:Yeah its crazy, but my hats off to SF, they only have 18 kids, thats whats wrong with there program. Everyone in the disrict has more players then that

Hold on there, there are a couple of teams in the district that have the same amount or just a couple more. Paintsville only had 18 players against Hazard and 20 against SF. That's whats wrong with a few teams in the district.
Redneck Wrote:Hold on there, there are a couple of teams in the district that have the same amount or just a couple more. Paintsville only had 18 players against Hazard and 20 against SF. That's whats wrong with a few teams in the district.
well jenkins has 23 and r playin better ball now then they have in the past decade
player_5622 Wrote:well jenkins has 23 and r playin better ball now then they have in the past decade

most deff.
Kayaker,,,,,,,,,If you are going to talk about the Reynolds brothers Let talk!!!! Cody and Brett have more years in the Valley area then they do in JC... And they were not the only ones who went to Paintsville they also have 3 more brothers the Spriggs brothers so PLEASE don't leave them out!!! They all now live in the city of Paintsville and that was a move by the parents not the kids. All 5 of these brother's will be fine at any school they attend. JC is a great school, Valley is a great school but Paintsville is the best place for the Reynolds/Spriggs.
Kayaker Wrote:Off an 18 man roster its hard to have names but some that come to mind quick are Kyle Sublett and both of the Reynolds brothers. Could be more but thats off the top of my head.
And how many days of school did these guys attend Johnson Central befor coming tp Paintsville??? Oh...that's right.....ZERO!!!:thatsfunn
The Guru Wrote:And how many days of school did these guys attend Johnson Central befor coming tp Paintsville??? Oh...that's right.....ZERO!!!:thatsfunn

Well obviously you need to go back and read my first reply near the top of this page. I didnt say this players had ATTENDED JC, I stated that they were from the county, which means came up through the county feeder program. The Reynolds went to Paintsville while in Middle School and Sublett went when he started High School. Like I said, those #'s have went way down since the JC program has taken off. Last year, Paintsvilles roster was full of kids that had played in the county feeder system, this year the # is lower, and next year the # will be even lower. So maybe im on to something.
Kayaker Wrote:Last year, Paintsvilles roster was full of kids that had played in the county feeder system, this year the # is lower, and next year the # will be even lower. So maybe im on to something.

I wouldn't say the roster was FULL of them, a couple of them yeah, but one of them grew up in the Paintsville system before he ever went to the county then came back to Paintsville.
Kayaker Wrote:Well obviously you need to go back and read my first reply near the top of this page. I didnt say this players had ATTENDED JC, I stated that they were from the county, which means came up through the county feeder program. The Reynolds went to Paintsville while in Middle School and Sublett went when he started High School. Like I said, those #'s have went way down since the JC program has taken off. Last year, Paintsvilles roster was full of kids that had played in the county feeder system, this year the # is lower, and next year the # will be even lower. So maybe im on to something.

Originally Posted by Redneck
Rolleyes Here we go again. How many times have we seen this on this site. Every time it gets brought up its the same thing. Other than a couple of LAST YEARS seniors name some of Paintsville's former players that came from JC.

Originally Posted by Kayaker
Off an 18 man roster its hard to have names but some that come to mind quick are Kyle Sublett and both of the Reynolds brothers. Could be more but thats off the top of my head.

Redneck asked you how many players came from JC( we had been referring to JC as Johnson Central)
Your asnwer were names of kids that never attended JCHS!!! Nice try though!
BTW....Why do you have the gall to think that we could possibly need any of your players??? IT'S YOUR COACH DUMMY!! Now him....we would take!!
Now that's funny.
The Guru Wrote:Originally Posted by Redneck
Rolleyes Here we go again. How many times have we seen this on this site. Every time it gets brought up its the same thing. Other than a couple of LAST YEARS seniors name some of Paintsville's former players that came from JC.

Originally Posted by Kayaker

Redneck asked you how many players came from JC( we had been referring to JC as Johnson Central)
Your asnwer were names of kids that never attended JCHS!!! Nice try though!
BTW....Why do you have the gall to think that we could possibly need any of your players??? IT'S YOUR COACH DUMMY!! Now him....we would take!!
Justin Meek went to Johnson Central didn't he?

That fact is last years team was made up of probably at least 35-40% of kids that attended Johnson County schools at one time or another.

Funny you all would take Matney now. You all did nothing but mock him, cuss him, belittle him, and say every insulting thing you could think of when he came to Johnson Central.
JC can be interpreted as JOHNSON COUNTY as well. I believe that if he were referring to the high school he would have posted it as JCHS.
I think it was in the Bill Music era, that the really good athlete started staying at JCHS.
Before Bill came, Paintsville got most of the real good FB players from the county because Paintsville had the best FB program at that time and the years before Bill got there. You couldn't blame a kid who had a lot of FB talent to come to Paintsville. They made the playoffs about every year, going to the semi or finals pretty frequently.
Now JCHS has turned the tables. They are keeping their athletes in the system, they have hired a no nonsense coach with some good insight for the program, and a direction for the young men to follow.
Congrats on a great year. Playoffs will be good especially staying at home to play.
OK2NV Wrote:It is my belief that Pugh has been playing hurt all year. He is not the same player this season. Even last yr. PHS didn't have a line but he was able to make things happen with his feet. I haven't seen many of those crazy runs like he made last season. It could also be the fact that for some reason he is getting limited snaps to run with the ball and make something happen.

I heard that pugh got hurt, what exactly happened to him??
Ankle is hurt.
HSFootballFreak Wrote:I heard that pugh got hurt, what exactly happened to him??
Ankle has been hurt most of the season, well all season. But I'll go out on a limb and say he plays this Friday.
rooster Wrote:Justin Meek went to Johnson Central didn't he?

That fact is last years team was made up of probably at least 35-40% of kids that attended Johnson County schools at one time or another.

Funny you all would take Matney now. You all did nothing but mock him, cuss him, belittle him, and say every insulting thing you could think of when he came to Johnson Central.

Johnson Central wouldn't have won region in basketball without a certain young man who grew up in the Paintsville system before leaving in middle school, so what's your point.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Besides Johnson Central, because they are the biggest school in this area and have plenty of talent to chose from, the overall area as a whole is down in talent. Prestonsburg beat SC, so how could you say that. SC then turned around and beat Belfry. Not knocking any schools but the overall talent up and down the Big Sandy River is down compared to the last 10 years. And I say this and can be positive in saying this as I've been watching high school football in this area for a little over two decades.

I have been watching football in this area for over two decades now too. Just bc SC lost to Pburg doesn't mean they are down. Its a rival game that they over looked and got caught. They have a reciever with great hands and one of the most athletic backfeilds they have ever had. All three backs are all state wrestlers and hardnosed runners. And they always produce a big line. Belfry is still deep and has alot of speed. Paintsville and Pburg are struggling but not everyone is down.
so.. how bout them raiders? that's what this thread was about.. so get it back on topic or it'll be shut down real soon..
Redneck Wrote:Johnson Central wouldn't have won region in basketball without a certain young man who grew up in the Paintsville system before leaving in middle school, so what's your point.
Do your homework before you spout off.

He went to Oil Springs before he went to Paintsville, and then transferred back and has always lived in the Oil Springs area, so what's your point?
rooster Wrote:Do your homework before you spout off.

He went to Oil Springs before he went to Paintsville, and then transferred back and has always lived in the Oil Springs area, so what's your point?

He still went to Paintsville, I said he GREW UP in the Paintsville system. Meaning it was the coaches he had during his time at Paintsville that taught him how to play ball, the fundamentals etc. I know he went to Oil Springs, I know Kyle real well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4