Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 8, South Floyd 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Wow this really surprised me... i was thinking that Paintsville would run away with this one... good job south floyd, i got to hand it to the raiders
good job paintsville, wow south floyd hell of a game..! when was this game played?
All_state_RB#1 Wrote:good job paintsville, wow south floyd hell of a game..! when was this game played?

yea when and where was this game?
The Game Took Place Last Night At South Floyd
Old_Trojan Wrote:I was at the game and Paintsville done everything they could to give South Floyd the game...South Floyd did impress me though they had every reason in the world to just lay down and quit and not even try ...but they showed HEART...as for the Barker kid I think pound for pound he is one of the better backs I have ever seen....and I was down by the fence at the end of the game when they called Pugh for hitting Barker to early ...that was a horrible call that was nothing but good D...which I think the Refs did everything they could for South Floyd anyway...just my 2 cents.

I was at the fence too. One of us must have had our eyes crossed to see something different in one call. Hell with your words....watching a whole different game. "given, lay down and quit"???

Great game Raiders. We are young we will be back!!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Thanks, but not sure what you are saying about Puckett? Could you explain?

Think about what you said of Barker and #81 being the best players Paintsville's got?? What the heck is that suppose to mean?
TRAIN85 Wrote:The Game Took Place Last Night At South Floyd

Man, i wish i could have been there, sounds like it was a great game! congrats to both teams!
Paintsville played with absolute zero enthusiasm til the fourth and they woke just enough to win the game!
Our offense was pitiful! Has been all year! Could someone please send us some plays that will work, where the line doesn't have to block anyone??
Our defense is not all that bad, so don't think that just anybody is going to roll all over us.
SFHS_basketball Wrote:This was a very good game i was there and SF did a great job at Defense. the game was 0-0 until the 4th quarter and Painsville got a 10 yard run i think to take the lead 6-0 and they got the 3point conversion to take the lead 8-0 and SF had a good drive and with 5.7 they was on like the 10 and then they threw a incomplete pass and there was .7 left and PHS sacked the QB which ended the game
3 point conversion, You really are a basketball guy lol.:yikes:
The Blue Blur Wrote:Very possible, and we appreciate your support. Same could be said for Pikeville. Along with many other schools, if you don't think talent is down in this area compared to the last ten years. You're crazy.

Talent may be down at Paintsville and a few other schools, but overall, talent is fairly consistent in this area. Some schools like JC, SC and Belfry are doing fine. Others, like Lawrence Co., Prestonsburg, and Paintsville are down. But it will change. It always does.
That score is very shocking
Well I was wrong about this game, Congrats to Paintsville
I would love to have seen this game
i really expected paintsville to obliterate sfhs..good job south floyd
Congrats to Paintsville
Nascar99 Wrote:I was at the fence too. One of us must have had our eyes crossed to see something different in one call. Hell with your words....watching a whole different game. "given, lay down and quit"???

Great game Raiders. We are young we will be back!!

Apparently you have never played football...anyone who has could have seen that was not pass interference, its was just a good hit...as for my words "LAY DOWN AND QUIT" it was ment that South Floyd had nothing to play for, not a playoff spot not a winning season, nothing...if you are a trure FOOTBALL fan you would have seen that.
EKY Sportster Wrote:Talent may be down at Paintsville and a few other schools, but overall, talent is fairly consistent in this area. Some schools like JC, SC and Belfry are doing fine. Others, like Lawrence Co., Prestonsburg, and Paintsville are down. But it will change. It always does.

Besides Johnson Central, because they are the biggest school in this area and have plenty of talent to chose from, the overall area as a whole is down in talent. Prestonsburg beat SC, so how could you say that. SC then turned around and beat Belfry. Not knocking any schools but the overall talent up and down the Big Sandy River is down compared to the last 10 years. And I say this and can be positive in saying this as I've been watching high school football in this area for a little over two decades.
Congrats Paintsville and South Floyd on a hard fought game.
All-American Lineman Wrote:I would love to have seen this game

Yea Me too
Im ready for the playoffs now
Why do kids like Landon Slone, J.D. VanHoose, Shane Grimm, Daniel Meade, Blake Bundy and the Ferguson kid not play? That is the problem that I see. In years past, they WOULD have been on the field. That being said, I hope Tigers can turn things around because for what I hear Coach Allen is a very nice guy. However Paintsville grads will not tolerate losing. Getting destroyed by Central, possibly finishing under .500 and not hosting a playoff game will be the kiss of death for any Paintsville coach.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Besides Johnson Central, because they are the biggest school in this area and have plenty of talent to chose from, the overall area as a whole is down in talent. Prestonsburg beat SC, so how could you say that. SC then turned around and beat Belfry. Not knocking any schools but the overall talent up and down the Big Sandy River is down compared to the last 10 years. And I say this and can be positive in saying this as I've been watching high school football in this area for a little over two decades.

Pikeville is loaded with talent right now, all the way through Jr. High. If you don't believe me, ask anyone who is close to the program.
Congrats Paintsville and a lot of heart shown by SF
good job guys..
I think that Paintsville's main problem is they arent getting as many players from out in the county. Face it, JC's program is on the rise and starting to get statewide attention. What young man wouldnt want to play for a team like that. Paintsville is now in the same situation that JC was after Musick left, changing coaches like they change underwear. As long as JC has the success it is having right now, Paintsville will not be the Paintsville they once were.
Kayaker Wrote:I think that Paintsville's main problem is they arent getting as many players from out in the county. Face it, JC's program is on the rise and starting to get statewide attention. What young man wouldnt want to play for a team like that. Paintsville is now in the same situation that JC was after Musick left, changing coaches like they change underwear. As long as JC has the success it is having right now, Paintsville will not be the Paintsville they once were.

That statement is so true who wouldnt want to play for a State Championship
Didnt see this coming. Ive read most of everyones post on here and havent seen anything said about Pugh. Anything wrong with him?
It is my belief that Pugh has been playing hurt all year. He is not the same player this season. Even last yr. PHS didn't have a line but he was able to make things happen with his feet. I haven't seen many of those crazy runs like he made last season. It could also be the fact that for some reason he is getting limited snaps to run with the ball and make something happen.
Kayaker Wrote:I think that Paintsville's main problem is they arent getting as many players from out in the county. Face it, JC's program is on the rise and starting to get statewide attention. What young man wouldnt want to play for a team like that. Paintsville is now in the same situation that JC was after Musick left, changing coaches like they change underwear. As long as JC has the success it is having right now, Paintsville will not be the Paintsville they once were.

Rolleyes Here we go again. How many times have we seen this on this site. Every time it gets brought up its the same thing. Other than a couple of LAST YEARS seniors name some of Paintsville's former players that came from JC.
good job SF wish you all could have came away with the win
Pages: 1 2 3 4