Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin coaching search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Could be time for an Air Raid. At least the coach's colors wont change much.
A coach from the louisville area and one from tennessee have applied. A couple of current head coaches not too far from corbin have also shown interest.
With as long as it is taking to hire a new coach. You can bet that it will not be a in house hire. Unless all the other candidates fail at one thing or an other.

Look for someone completely off the radar to get the job..
Hearing now mike holcomb :yikes:
I hear this on WSGS 101.1 FM sports show on radio tonight. I think it will be on until 9.00 pm
Justin Haddix or Mike Halcomb either one would be a homerun for Corbin. Haddix played for Halcomb winning a state championship,and these two have remained close, maybe we could get them both if Farris would hang it up.:Thumbs:
I'm going to Haveto recalculate my percentage if Corbin looking outside of the locker room for a new coach for Sur.This is my new update.

Haddix 40 %
Holcomb 35 %
Mouser 25 % { mouser drop 25% tonight }

If I had a vote I would vote haddix...which I don't....Good luck Corbin....:Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:I'm going to Haveto recalculate my percentage if Corbin looking outside of the locker room for a new coach for Sur.This is my new update.

Haddix 40 %
Holcomb 35 %
Mouser 25 % { mouser drop 25% tonight }

If I had a vote I would vote haddix...which I don't....Good luck Corbin....:Cheerlead
I was told by someone currently on staff that Duncum is making a major push for the job, so if it is an in house hire I would look for him to get the job over Mouser. That same person told me Farris has already been told that regardless who the new coach is, his services would no longer be required.
jamesdeane Wrote:I was told by someone currently on staff that Duncum is making a major push for the job, so if it is an in house hire I would look for him to get the job over Mouser. That same person told me Farris has already been told that regardless who the new coach is, his services would no longer be required.

How did Coach Farris take that news?
Mouser is ahead of Duncum.
E's Army Wrote:Mouser is ahead of Duncum.

I believe you are right. I also think that Mouser is behind 2-3 others from outside the system. We will just have to wait and see if any of those work out or not.
SEKYFAN Wrote:How did Coach Farris take that news?
I don't know. But with coach Jewell moving on he had to see the writing on the wall. It was obvious to everyone but him that the game has passed him up.
What does Corbin offer to a coach looking to move from another school?
Some of the coaches mentioned on here have good deals in their schools.

Considering the landscape of 3A in the next alignment and the expectation this would be a tough job to sell for a lateral move
Cardfan1 Wrote:What does Corbin offer to a coach looking to move from another school?

Considering the landscape of 3A in the next alignment and the expectation this would be a tough job to sell for a lateral move

I-75 north and south Confusednicker:
Cardfan1 Wrote:What does Corbin offer to a coach looking to move from another school?

Athletes, academics, community support, and program tradition....
My question was genuine. UK is only a good job because it pays like an elite program with the ability to get elite athletes otherwise it would be nothing more than an nba job.

All those things are great but most schools have some of those things especially if a coach is having success there.
Cardfan1 Wrote:My question was genuine. UK is only a good job because it pays like an elite program with the ability to get elite athletes otherwise it would be nothing more than an nba job.

All those things are great but most schools have some of those things especially if a coach is having success there.

Kentucky football does not pay elite level. This is the reason we have a family name instead of a proven winner. If they make the same hire in basketball they made in football BARNHEAD gets run out of down that same day. Corbin has everything you need to be a Elite except a coach.
insideinfo Wrote:Kentucky football does not pay elite level. This is the reason we have a family name instead of a proven winner. If they make the same hire in basketball they made in football BARNHEAD gets run out of down that same day. Corbin has everything you need to be a Elite except a coach.

I was talking basketball hence the nba comment.

Successful coaches don't leave a good job for a harder job for the same pay.

I guess I need to be more specific. What does Corbin do for it's coaches...extended days, yearly raises, limited teaching responsibilities, etc
insideinfo Wrote:Kentucky football does not pay elite level. This is the reason we have a family name instead of a proven winner. If they make the same hire in basketball they made in football BARNHEAD gets run out of down that same day. Corbin has everything you need to be a Elite except a coach.

You are confused. Kentucky's coordinators are in the upper half of the SEC as far as pay is concerned and Stoops has been there for one season and pulled the two best recruiting classes in UK history. Football programs don't turn around in a year he was and is a great hire.
As for Corbin, the landscape was much different in football the last time they were state title contenders/winners. If you think that they are within two to three years of competing with Boyle, Belfry, or Louisville Central you are delusional. (Not saying you said that but it has been mentioned in this thread)
Mike Holcomb will be back at Letcher Central, Corbin has 0% of him being the new Coach.
Cellking Wrote:Mike Holcomb will be back at Letcher Central, Corbin has 0% of him being the new Coach.

Cellking O% is that 100% :popcorn:
Brooks4Prez Wrote:You are confused. Kentucky's coordinators are in the upper half of the SEC as far as pay is concerned and Stoops has been there for one season and pulled the two best recruiting classes in UK history. Football programs don't turn around in a year he was and is a great hire.
As for Corbin, the landscape was much different in football the last time they were state title contenders/winners. If you think that they are within two to three years of competing with Boyle, Belfry, or Louisville Central you are delusional. (Not saying you said that but it has been mentioned in this thread)

I'm not saying your wrong but Kentucky football coaches have traditionally been the lowest paid on the SEC and look where we are, and as for as our top recruiting class we was still 10th in the SEC so I would not be getting to excited. As for Stoops I'm a big fan. I just can't stand BARNHEAD. He caused me to give up my season tickets after more than 25 years. As for as Corbin goes I believe they could rise to the top quicker than any team in South Eastern Ky. I would guess that they already have more talent than Bell and with the right Coach if they played Louisville Central 10 times they would win 3 or 4 times.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:You are confused. Kentucky's coordinators are in the upper half of the SEC as far as pay is concerned and Stoops has been there for one season and pulled the two best recruiting classes in UK history. Football programs don't turn around in a year he was and is a great hire.

Corbin can compete with Belfry and Louisville Central right now, and to think otherwise is delusional.

Corbin was real close last year to being at that level. They lost some confidence after the regular season loss to Wayne Co. and never really jelled the again after that.

Wayne Co. and Bell Co. found and exposed a weakness in Corbin's offensive line and were able to slow down the running game, which shut down the Redhound offense.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Corbin was real close last year to being at that level. They lost some confidence after the regular season loss to Wayne Co. and never really jelled the again after that.

Wayne Co. and Bell Co. found and exposed a weakness in Corbin's offensive line and were able to slow down the running game, which shut down the Redhound offense.
Corbin offense was one dimensional last year. The passing game was non existent. Everyone knew they were going to run, run, run. Wayne was able to stop the run in the second game and Corbin had no options. Bell was able to stop the run in their game and shut Corbin out. Hopefully a new coach will be able to develop some type of passing game.
64SUR Wrote:Cellking O% is that 100% :popcorn:

Talked to Mike a couple days ago. He likes his situation at Letcher Central. His wife likes it in Breathitt Co. Mike will stay close to home. That is why I said 0%.
Cellking Wrote:Talked to Mike a couple days ago. He likes his situation at Letcher Central. His wife likes it in Breathitt Co. Mike will stay close to home. That is why I said 0%.

that make sense. :Thumbs:
Can someone post Corbin schedule for 2014 season?
Not district, just first 4 games
jamesdeane Wrote:Corbin offense was one dimensional last year. The passing game was non existent. Everyone knew they were going to run, run, run. Wayne was able to stop the run in the second game and Corbin had no options. Bell was able to stop the run in their game and shut Corbin out. Hopefully a new coach will be able to develop some type of passing game.

Wayne was able to stop everybody, no matter what they did.

Paducah Tilghman threw for around 2K on the year, and Wayne County beat the pulp out of them in ever facet of the game.

Why is it we never here people talk about passing teams being too one dimensional?

....not as cool to do that I guess.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Wayne was able to stop everybody, no matter what they did.

Paducah Tilghman threw for around 2K on the year, and Wayne County beat the pulp out of them in ever facet of the game.

Why is it we never here people talk about passing teams being too one dimensional?

....not as cool to do that I guess.
Wayne didn't stop Corbin the first game. They ran the ball up and down the field on them. The problem was Corbn couldn't stop them either.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26