Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin coaching search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Bull s###
To get back to the top of the state in football, it is very crucial hire. You hire an average coach, you will be average.
To beat the Belfrys, highlands, Johnson Central and some of the elite teams in state, you better hire high quality!
redstorm Wrote:To get back to the top of the state in football, it is very crucial hire. You hire an average coach, you will be average.
To beat the Belfrys, highlands, Johnson Central and some of the elite teams in state, you better hire high quality!

See...to me, that's the problem. Corbin isn't there YET.

Happen to see the 5 year record at Belfry before they won their back to back 03-04 titles? Had Jewell or the new coach coming in had those records (and, Jewell did his last 2-3), their butts would have been strapped to a pine log and sent on their way.

It's a process, and by judging off what seems to be far too many Corbin fans on here, I'm not sure that is totally understood (or maybe it's understood, yet feel as though they are exempt from that).
I agree 100% with you , they are not there, but at one time they was one of the ELITE teams. The past 10 years has really dropped for some reason!
I really believe with the tradition of Corbin Football it can get back to one of the ELITE TEAMS. Must hire that Elite coach.
I keep hearing that Jody Mouser has the inside track on the job. How long has Mouser been an Asst. coach?
SEKYFAN Wrote:I keep hearing that Jody Mouser has the inside track on the job. How long has Mouser been an Asst. coach?

I have him at 50% plus now SEKYFAN Confusednicker:
SEKYFAN Wrote:I keep hearing that Jody Mouser has the inside track on the job. How long has Mouser been an Asst. coach?

He has been around for a few seasons now. Good guy and if they do make an inside move it should be him. Corbin boy, kids seem to like him and he is a good man.
I think Jody would be a good coach for Corbin if they want to keep it in house. He wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldn't be upset if happened to get the job. I just think that right now, Corbin may want to look for a more proven coach based on the talent they have returning.

As for what I have heard, this is what I have been told they are looking towards putting together.

Head Coach- Jody Mouser
Offensive Coordinator- Tommy Reid
Defensive Coordinator- Tommy Greer
Special Teams- Greg Duncum

That would be a fine staff for sure. However, I would switch Reid to the head coach and Mouser to the OC. That may very well be the plan and I heard it wrong. I just find it hard to justify Reid going from college head coach to offensive coordinator. I think making him the head man would be a grand slam and Jody would make a fine OC for however long Reid is the Head Coach and then he could take over down the road.
Haddix would be the grand slam...but jewell will pick the coach and friends. Confusedhh:
HAROLD Wrote:I think Jody would be a good coach for Corbin if they want to keep it in house. He wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldn't be upset if happened to get the job. I just think that right now, Corbin may want to look for a more proven coach based on the talent they have returning.

As for what I have heard, this is what I have been told they are looking towards putting together.

Head Coach- Jody Mouser
Offensive Coordinator- Tommy Reid
Defensive Coordinator- Tommy Greer
Special Teams- Greg Duncum

That would be a fine staff for sure. However, I would switch Reid to the head coach and Mouser to the OC. That may very well be the plan and I heard it wrong. I just find it hard to justify Reid going from college head coach to offensive coordinator. I think making him the head man would be a grand slam and Jody would make a fine OC for however long Reid is the Head Coach and then he could take over down the road.

Greer has an Administrative job, so he cannot be on the staff.
If I'm not mistaken Mouser is the current defensive backs and special teams coach. If he does get the head job he would need a offensive coordinator. If they hire someone else he doesn't move into the offensive coordinators job. Duncum is the offensive mind on the current staff. And, IMHO 2013 would have looked a lot different if he was calling the plays.
64SUR Wrote:Haddix would be the grand slam...but jewell will pick the coach and friends. Confusedhh:

Mouser is in Key West right now with Coach Jewell, so he may very well have the inside track.:pondering:
SEKYFAN Wrote:Greer has an Administrative job, so he cannot be on the staff.

votes are beginning to add up SEKYFAN...Greer is Administrative,Jewell now is an Administrative it can only go mouser way...I will be shocked if Haddix even get interview. :pondering:
I thought Duncum was a offensive guy.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:See...to me, that's the problem. Corbin isn't there YET.

Happen to see the 5 year record at Belfry before they won their back to back 03-04 titles? Had Jewell or the new coach coming in had those records (and, Jewell did his last 2-3), their butts would have been strapped to a pine log and sent on their way.

It's a process, and by judging off what seems to be far too many Corbin fans on here, I'm not sure that is totally understood (or maybe it's understood, yet feel as though they are exempt from that).
If Corbin makes the right hire they will be right back as one of the top programs in the state. If they put a quality product on the field the community will support it. They will be old timers who have not been to a game in years beating the doors down to give money. Some of these guys took it for granted and did not realize how far it had slipped because of how weak there district was. They have stayed away in groves over the last few years. With the right hire I believe it will rejuvenate the program and bring it up to where the people from Corbin believe it belongs.
Mouser is an offensive guy as well. He played QB their in the early 90's. I keep seeing his name on here maybe he will be the one.
Any interest in Tommy Greer up there for Corbin? He's been a long time asst. at Bell. I heard he was working down there at Corbin.
WOW, in an interesting turn of events Steve Jewell will remain HC at Corbin. It will be interesting to see who will now take the Assistant Principal job.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:WOW, in an interesting turn of events Steve Jewell will remain HC at Corbin. It will be interesting to see who will now take the Assistant Principal job.

April Fools ???
ArJay Wrote:Any interest in Tommy Greer up there for Corbin? He's been a long time asst. at Bell. I heard he was working down there at Corbin.

Greer in a Principle and will not step down to coach
OldJacket Wrote:April Fools ???

Hoping since I didn't go overboard with it someone might believe it...
^
Talk about a meltdown if true lol.
ArJay Wrote:Any interest in Tommy Greer up there for Corbin? He's been a long time asst. at Bell. I heard he was working down there at Corbin.

I don't think Corbin will be that stupid.
I wouldn't touch Tommy Greer if I were Corbin. If hes still got the administrative position they cant anyways, but I wouldn't even if he didn't.
He's liable to leave for Bell after 2 years lol.
Mouser or outside chance Reid.
I heard this hire could be a shocker.
Old Redhound Wrote:I heard this hire could be a shocker.

A "shocker" may be just what we need.
Not Reid. Just because he coached college doesn't make him a good high school coach.
SEKYFAN Wrote:A "shocker" may be just what we need.

May be what we need, but not likely to happen.
Goingdeep Wrote:Not Reid. Just because he coached college doesn't make him a good high school coach.

Truest. Words. Ever. Spoken
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26