Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin coaching search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Don't think he moved? He has always lived in Knox as far as I know.

He is a important get for Knox b/c they maybe able to keep Barger playing if the new kid plays QB. Barger don't want to play QB.
William Muney Wrote:Don't think he moved? He has always lived in Knox as far as I know.

He is a important get for Knox b/c they maybe able to keep Barger playing if the new kid plays QB. Barger don't want to play QB.

If he didn't move, especially if he already lived in the Knox district, he will more than likely have to sit out next year. If it's who I'm thinking of, he had a good shot at being Corbin's starting QB next year.
Someone said that he left for Academics. Smile
SEKYFAN Wrote:If he didn't move, especially if he already lived in the Knox district, he will more than likely have to sit out next year. If it's who I'm thinking of, he had a good shot at being Corbin's starting QB next year.

I think he played JV QB. Dad played at Knox.
William Muney Wrote:I think he played JV QB. Dad played at Knox.

He got a decent amount of varsity time as the backup QB. This will be a big loss in both football and baseball for Corbin.
redstorm Wrote:Someone said that he left for Academics. Smile

Corbin is only allowed to have 405 Knox District kids in their system in the reciprocal agreement they recently signed with Knox, maybe he was #406.
He was leaving before Corbin's season ended. Just didn't know where.
William Muney Wrote:He was leaving before Corbin's season ended. Just didn't know where.

Were they unhappy that he didn't start as a freshman last year or just not like the coaching staff?

He would have started somewhere this year, maybe not at QB, but he would have more than likely been the starting QB as a junior and senior.

Has he been declared eligible to play baseball at KC this spring?
SEKYFAN Wrote:Were they unhappy that he didn't start as a freshman last year or just not like the coaching staff?

He would have started somewhere this year, maybe not at QB, but he would have more than likely been the starting QB as a junior and senior.

Has he been declared eligible to play baseball at KC this spring?

Some parents told me today that he would be declared eligible for this season they thought,and that the parents had moved. They also told me the holdup on the matter was the state tournaments and that soon as they were over the matter would be taken care of.
He was ruled eligible 3-17
Everything that I have heard about this is that it had very little to do with football. More of a decision based on baseball.
If Corbin makes the right hire you will see less kids transferring out to other schools. Corbin really has it going on right now and the right coach will be a big boost to the school, program, and community.
Goingdeep Wrote:Everything that I have heard about this is that it had very little to do with football. More of a decision based on baseball.

That might make more sense seeing that the position he plays in baseball is spoken for the next couple of years at Corbin. I'm glad he is eligible though and should be a big help to KC in both sports.
Getting back to football, Brent Jackson has done a great job as ms coach. Get him, probably stop any transferring nonsense? His brother the same?
He may be most qualified if they stay in house!!!
Who is doing the hiring?
redstorm Wrote:Who is doing the hiring?

This is funny but I honestly heard Joker Phillips name twice yesterday.:please:
A few years ago I would have said they would go out and get a big name coach, but they seem to be less enthusiastic about athletics, which should point to them hiring someone who is an asst. coach now.
Does anyone know who has applied? Hearing some rumors that I need not post.
Also hearing Corbin may stay in house. Any word?:thanks:
Corbin is hot and heavy on Dudley Hilton!!! I would imagine it will do about as good as Whitley did!!
Dudley has on desire to come to Corbin!!!
He told me at state tournament that he would have taken Whitley job if coming back to high school.
He looks forward to coach his son , John Dudley his senior year.
Go Big Red! Wrote:Corbin is hot and heavy on Dudley Hilton!!! I would imagine it will do about as good as Whitley did!!

redstorm Wrote:Dudley has on desire to come to Corbin!!!
He told me at state tournament that he would have taken Whitley job if coming back to high school.
He looks forward to coach his son , John Dudley his senior year.

I dont think there is any interest from either side...
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I dont think there is any interest from either side...
^
^
^
This.
BJ saw him with his realtor in Corbin last week.
heard they had made a few calls down south 75
1/4bak Wrote:heard they had made a few calls down south 75

Not to any schools in the state of KY....
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I dont think there is any interest from either side...

I have very very very reliable connections. I didn't post this to waste my time not yours!! They have expressed concern and talked to Dudley. If you think other wise your mistaken. I don't think he's coming but that doesn't mean they are not talking. I was the first to post Dudley and Whitley talks and that was before Black was gone. Not trying to be rude or come across the wrong way but Corbin would give anything for Dudley. The only reason I don't see him coming is because his son. The reasons I do see him coming is because Corbin is a high profile job, they have a great feeder system that is already in place, he has coached with Roark at Bell, and the railroad still has plenty of money while the coal fields are broke!!! I don't see it happening but to say neither side is interested is absurd!!!
I can tell you that the hiring committee has not talked to Dudley. They are the ones that matter.
redstorm Wrote:I can tell you that the hiring committee has not talked to Dudley. They are the ones that matter.

Who are the members of the committee besides the A/D and the Principal?
I was told that there was no time table for the hire and not to be surprised if it becomes a drawn out process. There is no hurry to hire a head coach as most of the existing staff will be retained because there are no open teaching positions for new assistants. The existing staff can run the program until a new guy is hired. I'm sure a new coach can name his coordinators. I was told Farris was told that he would be the freshmen coach only. I was also told as of now no insiders were being considered as they thought new ideas and blood was needed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26