Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Nobody will play Pikeville Jr. High
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
panther- Wrote:Pikeville did not drop out of the Big Sandy Confrence because level of talent or competition it is because the Pike Co. offered to get them back in the confrence they once were years ago.

Belfry is a very good (GREAT) football school as well as pikeville they are the leaders so far in this confrence and are both loaded with talent.

Oh and all of the people criticizing these two teams for not being as talented as years before remember its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog. And both of these teams as well as others (dont get me wrong i am not downing any other team) have played and practiced they're hardest every day!

You will see both of these teams in 2-3 years walk out of louisville with a state ring on their finger.

Nice post..:Thumbs: and I agree 100%
Old Timer Wrote:Who said anything about Belfry??

It's already started at Pikeville.
Smaller enrollment in upcoming grades, smaller kids(look at the lack of depth on the line), more kids playing soccer...Pikeville has stayed ahead of the pack by playing better competition...My point is unless the jr hi kids are challenged regularly there will be a drop off in the future.

Come on guys, what does Pikeville gain by playing teams like Mullins??
Take off the maroon colored glasses.

Come on old timer ----- soccer!!!! Nobody on the soccer team is going to play football except for the current kicker for the high school. These kids will be heavily challenged during the month of October once the county season is complete. The sixth and seventh grade classes are smaller, but the ones behind these two are very large. I can not agree with you on them not being challenged either. The competition is down, but Belfry and Corbin are good, and Millard is not too bad either. They are being challenged in the fact that they have played six games in the last two weeks. They will be challenged again when they play Belfry in the county finals. They will have had all they want when the season is complete.
nice post hillbilly i agree completely. and old timer, i mentioned belfry because someone else said something about them playing in the conference as well as us. there is plenty of talent coming uo at pikeville, and these work there butts off. our off season program is grueling. we had a pikeville college football player( who does nothing but work out and looks like a greek god) try to work out with us this summer, he made through one day and said it was harder than anything he had ever done before. and ive seen the guy work out for 7 straight hours before. i know its fun to talk about the future, but keep watching and we will surprise you, since you obviously think we will be aweful in the next few years.
hillbilly Wrote:Come on old timer ----- soccer!!!! They are being challenged in the fact that they have played six games in the last two weeks. They will be challenged again when they play Belfry in the county finals. They will have had all they want when the season is complete.
Yep
SOCCER...try to look beyond next season.
Soccer is taking the young athletes that would play football but will never try when they are in 3rd or 4th grade because it's an option for them.

BTW...six games in two weeks is not challenging as far as football goes when competition is weak...challenging toward conditioning not the Big Picture.
TRAIN85 Wrote:there is plenty of talent coming uo at pikeville, and these work there butts off. i know its fun to talk about the future, but keep watching and we will surprise you, since you obviously think we will be aweful in the next few years.
I know there is talent coming, BUT PLENTY??? I don't think so.
That's my point the quantity is not there.
And please don't put words in my mouth, I never said they would be awful in the next few years. Pikeville will be average(beat their district competition then get spanked by a northern KY team)...play average competition you will never get better....How many games does Pikeville play?? Ten?
Belfry, Corbin, Belfry again...that's only 30% of your games against challenging opponents.
Old Timer Wrote:I know there is talent coming, BUT PLENTY??? I don't think so.
That's my point the quantity is not there.
And please don't put words in my mouth, I never said they would be awful in the next few years. Pikeville will be average(beat their district competition then get spanked by a northern KY team)...play average competition you will never get better....How many games does Pikeville play?? Ten?
Belfry, Corbin, Belfry again...that's only 30% of your games against challenging opponents.

The eighth graders season will not be done after the county finals. Do not jump to conclusions about the quality of their October competition.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:does anyone know if pikeville can compete in the county tournment or do they still play hold backs? just asking cause i am not sure.
Its school policy that if a child is held back it sits out of sports one year so no Pikeville cant play holdbacks.
sorry i never though no one would get this mad i was just trying to ask virgie and mullins why they cancelled but it doesn't matter now pikeville played both of them sorry every onbe can calm down now i never thought everyone would get so mad:yikes:
when ERHS played pikeville JV team @Pikeville sum of there players played in the Feds creek/pikeville game maybe thats y no1 wats to play p'ville
warriorpride Wrote:when ERHS played pikeville JV team @Pikeville sum of there players played in the Feds creek/pikeville game maybe thats y no1 wats to play p'ville

Are u serious? sorry but that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. there is no one on that team over 14. most of the 8th graders are 13! Pikeville just beat them up and downConfusedhh:
warriorpride Wrote:when ERHS played pikeville JV team @Pikeville sum of there players played in the Feds creek/pikeville game maybe thats y no1 wats to play p'ville
before you post lies i would try to find out the truth. the "no one wants to play pikeville" is stupid, but your statement about the jr high and jv teams is just plain ignorant. i hope they kick you off here for trying to spread lies that are so far from the truth. come on down and ill show you personally the game films from both games. the jr high is just that good compared to feds creek. dont get mad its just the truth.
I have a question! DID YOU NEVER HEARD PIKEVILLE WANTING TO PLAY VIRGIE BEFORE?
Have Some Class! Good Jr High Teams Come And Go. You Will Be Down Some Year And Then I Bet The People You Play Will Be Throwing The Ball On You When Your Up Forty Points!
hootie Wrote:Have Some Class! Good Jr High Teams Come And Go. You Will Be Down Some Year And Then I Bet The People You Play Will Be Throwing The Ball On You When Your Up Forty Points!
what does throwing the ball on someone that is beating you forty have to do with anything?
hootie Wrote:Have Some Class! Good Jr High Teams Come And Go. You Will Be Down Some Year And Then I Bet The People You Play Will Be Throwing The Ball On You When Your Up Forty Points!

Have some class? Every team will go through ups and downs with talent and abilities. That is just the facts here in EKY with a limited population base to draw students from. It would be nice to be able to draw students like the large metro areas (LEX-Louis-NKY) but we in EKY have to develop what talent is blessed with each school.
hootie Wrote:I have a question! DID YOU NEVER HEARD PIKEVILLE WANTING TO PLAY VIRGIE BEFORE?

YES it was about four or five years ago that Virgie and Pikeville played at Bob Amos Park when Virgie was undefeated. The Eagles left the hill with a major spanking. Virgie has had a lot a of good talent over the last few years and this year they are down, but like I said in a previous post it will run in cycles.
man i gurantee you Martin County will play them and bet them with ease...
keep thinking that all-star or no-star
Martin Co will play them gladly..and I want to know why they think no one will play them?
some little kid was just running his mouth and this thread shoulf have been closed a long time ago. btw the kid apologized about what he started, if you would have read all the posts. we know that anybody would play us so this shouldnt even be a question. will someone please close this thread.
I'll be glad to close it.
It has indeed run it's course.
Pages: 1 2 3 4