Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Nobody will play Pikeville Jr. High
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
little Buddy Wrote:pikeville dropped out of the big sandy conference....does anyone know the reason for that??????????????

Is this correct???
PiratePride Wrote:Beter competition?? i think belfry middle gave them enough compitition i mean a 2 point game can be turned around very easlily

I think ?? PHS1986 IS JUST BEING ROTTEN. But I could be wrong...:igiveup:
yhea...we dropped out because we didnt have enough money in our budget this year cause the school wont give us hardly any....trust me, we were dyin 2 play in it...or at least all of the 7th graders from last year did.....and we miss it so bad.....if we could have been it we would have...it aint cause we wanted more compition or nuttin...its cause we had no choice..
Thanks for the info..
dont' worry dreamweaver... I just PM'd Pirates~R~Us... LOLOL...
I really hate to hear that!

We have to fund raise for everything we do. Have you guys thought about doing that?
phs1986 Wrote:dont' worry dreamweaver... I just PM'd Pirates~R~Us... LOLOL...

:moon:
REALLY do hate it for the kids... they (all teams in the county) work too hard for something like this to happen... :Sad04:
I'm too old and slow....I was busy typing a post --then it got answered....so I edited it....
phs1986 Wrote:REALLY do hate it for the kids... they (all teams in the county) work too hard for something like this to happen... :Sad04:

Absolutely.....unless you are a parent of a athlete most people have no idea how much time these young kids dedicate to their sports....:rockon:
LMAO.... get those fingers typin girl!!!!
We fundraise out the ying yang... things like making sure the kids have food to eat before EVERY away game, getting them something to eat AFTER away games, ALL money from concessions and gates- from my understanding goes into the account with the varsity. Our coach is been pretty good though about purchasing uniforms and stuff for them... I guess we are lucky!!!
Dream_Weaver Wrote:I'm too old and slow....I was busy typing a post --then it got answered....so I edited it....

:lmao:
I try Smile
we fundraise all of the time but alot of it goes 2 the hs team...and our coach is doin alot but it is all going 2 the hs team....not puttin him down or nuttin....but we do alot of workin in practice and we didnt get new jersys or ne thing....the hs team did...well we did get a few new helmets and shoulder pads but me personally would rather play aginst the best around here with crappy equipment than sucky teams with good stuff....its not the pads that make u better its the talent....and p-ville has alot of talent this year
...PANTHER-44... Wrote:we fundraise all of the time but alot of it goes 2 the hs team...and our coach is doin alot but it is all going 2 the hs team....not puttin him down or nuttin....but we do alot of workin in practice and we didnt get new jersys or ne thing....the hs team did...well we did get a few new helmets and shoulder pads but me personally would rather play aginst the best around here with crappy equipment than sucky teams with good stuff....its not the pads that make u better its the talent....and p-ville has alot of talent this year

:Thumbs: your right! its not the new equipment its the talent and you guys have a lot of it. I hate this for you guys.
so someone run by me what is going on with pikeville like im a 4 year old.
Pirates~R~Us Wrote::Thumbs: your right! its not the new equipment its the talent and you guys have a lot of it. I hate this for you guys.

yhanx....bms has a great team 2.....and i cant wait 2 play them again....with how things are going right now...im guessin we will see each other again
we dont get 2 ply in the big sandy confrence cause budget...(mainly)
Dang Hate to hear that for you guys
...PANTHER-44... Wrote:but me personally would rather play aginst the best around here with crappy equipment than sucky teams with good stuff....its not the pads that make u better its the talent....and p-ville has alot of talent this year

Panther 44,
Could you please try to use proper spelling and puncuation?
Also, If one student were to be seriously injured because of poor equipment your entire perspective would change.
A game...any game is not worth a serious injury because of equipment.

BTW...I think it is sad that a school like Pikeville cannot fund it's junior high program. If this continues, It will show in Pikeville's varsity program in a couple of years.
I wonder if the community is aware of this.
fox sports Wrote:Panther 44,
Could you please try to use proper spelling and puncuation?
Also, If one student were to be seriously injured because of poor equipment your entire perspective would change.
A game...any game is not worth a serious injury because of equipment.

BTW...I think it is sad that a school like Pikeville cannot fund it's junior high program. If this continues, It will show in Pikeville's varsity program in a couple of years.
I wonder if the community is aware of this.
its not that pikeville cant fund its jr high, thats absurd. they are just trying to cut back on expenses so the team can get better equipment and things of that nature. it doesnt help the cause when you drive all the way to leslie co on a saturday for a game then you get there and they have scheduled a game with another team and hadnt told us any different. yes we called them on the thurs. before the game and they said it was on. but it was a different story when we got over there. i miss the old conference not only because it was the one that i played in, but because of the competition. the kids cant help what happens at the board levels and what they decide, all they can do is keep playing football no matter what the conference. at least we get belfry every year now.
TRAIN85 Wrote:its not that pikeville cant fund its jr high, thats absurd. they are just trying to cut back on expenses so the team can get better equipment and things of that nature. it doesnt help the cause when you drive all the way to leslie co on a saturday for a game then you get there and they have scheduled a game with another team and hadnt told us any different. yes we called them on the thurs. before the game and they said it was on. but it was a different story when we got over there. i miss the old conference not only because it was the one that i played in, but because of the competition. the kids cant help what happens at the board levels and what they decide, all they can do is keep playing football no matter what the conference. at least we get belfry every year now.

that is a better way to put it.:Thumbs:
...PANTHER-44... Wrote:that is a better way to put it.:Thumbs:
No, it's not, that's sugar coating the problem.
If Pikeville were properly funding the program then the proper needed equipment would be in place AND they would be able to afford the costs involved in playing/traveling to play Quality competition.
Watch and See...when a team plays lessor competition, they will suffer down the road.
Pikeville did not drop out of the Big Sandy Confrence because level of talent or competition it is because the Pike Co. offered to get them back in the confrence they once were years ago.

Belfry is a very good (GREAT) football school as well as pikeville they are the leaders so far in this confrence and are both loaded with talent.

Oh and all of the people criticizing these two teams for not being as talented as years before remember its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog. And both of these teams as well as others (dont get me wrong i am not downing any other team) have played and practiced they're hardest every day!

You will see both of these teams in 2-3 years walk out of louisville with a state ring on their finger.
ANd another thing whoever made this post is terribly wrong. there were good reasons they could not play pikeville. and i am from pikeville. whoever posted this does not kno wat they are talking about
panther- Wrote:Pikeville did not drop out of the Big Sandy Confrence because level of talent or competition it is because the Pike Co. offered to get them back in the confrence they once were years ago.

Belfry is a very good (GREAT) football school as well as pikeville they are the leaders so far in this confrence and are both loaded with talent.

Oh and all of the people criticizing these two teams for not being as talented as years before remember its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog. And both of these teams as well as others (dont get me wrong i am not downing any other team) have played and practiced they're hardest every day!

You will see both of these teams in 2-3 years walk out of louisville with a state ring on their finger.

Great post.:Thumbs: All of this is true, and just watch in a few years. You will see us in louisville. Yoiu can trust all of us on that one fox sports
panther- Wrote:Pikeville did not drop out of the Big Sandy Confrence because level of talent or competition it is because the Pike Co. offered to get them back in the confrence they once were years ago.

You will see both of these teams in 2-3 years walk out of louisville with a state ring on their finger. Just Watch and See Fox Sports!

Nice post :thumpsup:
fox sports Wrote:No, it's not, that's sugar coating the problem.
If Pikeville were properly funding the program then the proper needed equipment would be in place AND they would be able to afford the costs involved in playing/traveling to play Quality competition.
Watch and See...when a team plays lessor competition, they will suffer down the road.
first off the equipment is in fine shape, the other kid was talking about jerseys and things like that. but they too are in decent shape and fairly new. if pikeville and belfry are going to suffer down the road make sure you come see me down the road. because both schools will have something to say about that.
TRAIN85 Wrote:first off the equipment is in fine shape, the other kid was talking about jerseys and things like that. but they too are in decent shape and fairly new. if pikeville and belfry are going to suffer down the road make sure you come see me down the road. because both schools will have something to say about that.
Who said anything about Belfry??

It's already started at Pikeville.
Smaller enrollment in upcoming grades, smaller kids(look at the lack of depth on the line), more kids playing soccer...Pikeville has stayed ahead of the pack by playing better competition...My point is unless the jr hi kids are challenged regularly there will be a drop off in the future.

Come on guys, what does Pikeville gain by playing teams like Mullins??
Take off the maroon colored glasses.
Pages: 1 2 3 4