Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Nobody will play Pikeville Jr. High
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
PHSFAN Wrote:People aren't afraid to play Pikeville...QUIT making OUR school look bad. There is a lot of talent coming up at Pikeville right now with the talented underclassmen playing quality minutes on Friday night and the JV and Jr. High teams are talented. The future is looking better with regards to the Pikeville football program than it has in about a decade IMO...lets them do the talking on the field in the next couple of seasons on FRIDAY NIGHTS when the games count. I could care less who wins a Jr. High and/or JV game, its all about getting the kids better and ready for when their name is called on Friday nights in the varsity game...Pikeville will be one of the top teams in EKY for several years on the horizon.

DUDE!!!!!!! I agree with the following:
I could care less who wins a Jr. High and/or JV game, its all about getting the kids better and ready for when their name is called on Friday nights.

I also feel the same about our JFL. We have coaches who are so bent on winning that they forget we are all from the same school. This is why I am pushing for us to go to grade ball. Our kids get tired of beating on each other and then have to go to school listening to other kids who taunt and tease their schoolmates.. This builds hostilities and seperation in the school, NOT THE BEST WAY TO BUILD TOGETHERNESS AND TEAM WORK IN MY OPINION.
Sorry for the rant on JFL... But the point you posted says it all. Its all about prepping the kids for High School ball.
Devilologist Wrote:DUDE!!!!!!! I agree with the following:
I could care less who wins a Jr. High and/or JV game, its all about getting the kids better and ready for when their name is called on Friday nights.

I also feel the same about our JFL. We have coaches who are so bent on winning that they forget we are all from the same school. This is why I am pushing for us to go to grade ball. Our kids get tired of beating on each other and then have to go to school listening to other kids who taunt and tease their schoolmates.. This builds hostilities and seperation in the school, NOT THE BEST WAY TO BUILD TOGETHERNESS AND TEAM WORK IN MY OPINION.
Sorry for the rant on JFL... But the point you posted says it all. Its all about prepping the kids for High School ball.

Some of what you say is true and you have a right to your opinion...but the part that you could care less, what are you doing here :dontthink thats a low blow! Those kids care!! They give up as much time of their summers and after school and they practice their butts off with the same blood, sweat and tears as the kids a couple of years older than them! Their parents and sibblings also give up a lot ALL FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME and yes to prepare for High School! But after all they do for football and for their coaches YES they care if they win or lose. They need to learn from their losses but yes they care and they should care, thats where trying hard comes in at.

It dont hurt them to play against each other Rolleyes its no different than playing each other all season during Baseball then in the end several kids from each team who fought to beat each other all year, COME TOGETHER and create an All star team thats awesome because they forget last month and play as a team and they are also friends and classmates off the field. If you dont care about who wins other than varsity then IMO you shouldnt post in anything other than varsity threads because these kids read this stuff...and they care
Beef Wrote:I think that he as referring to the “tradition rich program” as to be Pikeville, and that you were embarrassing Pikeville’s tradition by making comments such as people are scared to play.

well beef you might want to go back and read the posts. because i never said anyone was scared to play us. i said they called and cancelled, someone else said and i dont appreciate your slanderizing comments.
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:Your right! Corbin is a VERY GOOD team!
Our "tradition rich program" played them for our very first opening game :yikes: . It was a good game! Top of the 4th score was 20-7. Final 26-7 Corbin. I have "heard" that they had not been scored on before Belfry and that this was their 4th or 5th game. I also heard that Corbin beat Pikeville 28-0 without Corbins starting running back.

Belfry/Pikeville should be a good game!! But I dont see where we should be scared if we're playing 8th against 8th.
TongueirateSho
do you only read other ppl posts about what i supposedly said.
read my posts i never said anyone was scared i said virgie cancelled on us.
whoever started the post said ppl were scared. pikeville/belfry should be a good game.
PantherPride68 Wrote:The KHSAA needs to step in and do something but refuses to. I guess they dont see enough reason$ why.

Please someone correct me If I am wrong, but I believe that the KHSAA has no jurisdiction over middle school sports programs.
TRAIN85 Wrote:do you only read other ppl posts about what i supposedly said.
read my posts i never said anyone was scared i said virgie cancelled on us.
whoever started the post said ppl were scared. pikeville/belfry should be a good game.

and do you take everything so personal? I read the thread from first to last. I quoted you on the fact that corbin was a very good team and on OUR game with them and on the thread in general. I don't see where I balled you out or anything for saying anyone was scared Rolleyes I just said we shouldn't be.....chill
TRAIN85 Wrote:well beef you might want to go back and read the posts. because i never said anyone was scared to play us. i said they called and cancelled, someone else said and i dont appreciate your slanderizing comments.

Get off your high-horse, young-en.
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:Some of what you say is true and you have a right to your opinion...but the part that you could care less, what are you doing here :dontthink thats a low blow! Those kids care!! They give up as much time of their summers and after school and they practice their butts off with the same blood, sweat and tears as the kids a couple of years older than them! Their parents and sibblings also give up a lot ALL FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME and yes to prepare for High School! But after all they do for football and for their coaches YES they care if they win or lose. They need to learn from their losses but yes they care and they should care, thats where trying hard comes in at.

It dont hurt them to play against each other Rolleyes its no different than playing each other all season during Baseball then in the end several kids from each team who fought to beat each other all year, COME TOGETHER and create an All star team thats awesome because they forget last month and play as a team and they are also friends and classmates off the field. If you dont care about who wins other than varsity then IMO you shouldnt post in anything other than varsity threads because these kids read this stuff...and they car

Okay let me clarify----- I could care less.... is in refence to the winning by all costs....... The post was copied for the fact of people focus on winning so much that rules get stretched and lines get blurred. Try going to play a 5th grade game and find out the other team has 7th graders on the team wearing practice jerseys on so you cant figure out who is who. I do care about kids or I would not be in the game.........EVER heard a coach tell a kid " you should have broken your leg this week so I would not have to play against you." Have kids comeup to your son during the pregame and tell you that they are going to break ther arm in the game.... Wanna scare a kid to death, have him listen to that...... Yes I know about being friends and schoolmates, but hearing this from SOME or a COUPLE of kids will make you think twice at times about having your son ona football field espescially if they are just young kids. I am not saying that the coach told the kid to say it but when the coach is informed of the kids words he laughed it off and said. "well, kids will be kids" Tryto explain that to a kid who loves football and then have to play WITH the kid during the end of the season team when they all come together by grades..
:Thumbs: Our 7th graders played against mostly 8th grade teams, with hold backs, last year. It can get ugly!!
first of all, Virgie dont have a feild to play on because of the Shelby Valley feild not being done
and if Pikeville wants someone to play, tell them to schedule John's Creek, im sure John's Creek will give them a game
bball fan Wrote:Corbin played them and spanked their little butts 28-0.
It was a monsoon today!! No one wants to sacrifice their field this early in the season, especially for a jr. high game. Like I said earlier, some of you young boys are embarrassing a tradition rich program with this garbage that you are posting!!
Trust me, no one is afraid of you....because you aren't that good!!!

bball fan pikeville had a rlly bad game that day, i was there, why dont u stick to bball and go to a diff topic. and their a lot bette than u think they are
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Whitesburg will gladly play them again and beat them just like they did last [email=year@!]year@![/email]

playboy pikeville shouldve won but they had a td called back and they ended up losing by 2
Mr. Right Wrote:Get off your high-horse, young-en.
Edited...No Real content
NYY10 Wrote:and if Pikeville wants someone to play, tell them to schedule John's Creek, im sure John's Creek will give them a game
johns creek is already on their schedule, considering they are in the same conference and have to play.
Eaglewings42 Wrote:playboy pikeville shouldve won but they had a td called back and they ended up losing by 2
Excuses???

You never used to hear a Pikeville team make excuses, It's kind of sad.
THIS IS A STUPID POST
even though pikeville beat belfry
fox sports Wrote:Excuses???

You never used to hear a Pikeville team make excuses, It's kind of sad.

its not a lousy excuse its just the fact pikeville couldve won the game
Eaglewings42 Wrote:its not a lousy excuse its just the fact pikeville couldve won the game

NOT taking away from the kids the night Belfry played Pikeville!! Both teams played hard. Thumbs up to all of the kids from both teams!!!

But after reading all this lol I HAVE to wonder what the reaction would be if someone said....Belfry could have won the game against Pikeville the other night. Our boys didn't play the first quarter and it was only a TWO point game....I've watched them all year, I know what they are capable of and I know both of their records....and IM NOT blaming refs, as I said BMS didnt play the first quarter just check out the rest of the game. And Im also SURE there were calls missed on BOTH sides but I MYSELF saw where there was holding, 2 face mask (both kids slung on the ground), pass interference and offsides not called against Pikeviile. Not making excuses just like these others on here are not, but with an open mind...it could have just as easily went the other way. BEFORE anyone replies to quick or imaturely PLEASE re-read and remember that Im not blaming the refs or making excuses. Some people have acted like Pikeville BEAT (killed) Belfry.....it was 2 points!! Pikeville won. GREAT job Pikeville :Thumbs:
does anyone know if pikeville can compete in the county tournment or do they still play hold backs? just asking cause i am not sure.
Was Told Iftheir Were Hold Backs,s They The Holdbacks Would,nt Get To Play Who Knows Tho. At This Time In Pike Co Politics. Anything Can Happen.
yhea...it agree with pirates r us...it was a hard fought game and their were calls missed on both sides...the referees werent the best in the world....the boys really worked hard and showed great sportsmanship in the game....even thought the 2 schools are rivals their was no foul language or any kids trying 2 hurt anyone on purpose...it was a hard fought game and ive already watched film of the game and even that gets me fired up
...PANTHER-44... Wrote:yhea...it agree with pirates r us...it was a hard fought game and their were calls missed on both sides...the referees werent the best in the world....the boys really worked hard and showed great sportsmanship in the game....even thought the 2 schools are rivals their was no foul language or any kids trying 2 hurt anyone on purpose...it was a hard fought game and ive already watched film of the game and even that gets me fired up

:thumpsup:
Quote:Corbin played them and spanked their little butts 28-0.
It was a monsoon today!! No one wants to sacrifice their field this early in the season, especially for a jr. high game. Like I said earlier, some of you young boys are embarrassing a tradition rich program with this garbage that you are posting!!
Trust me, no one is afraid of you....because you aren't that good!!!

Your def. from virgie. pikeville will spank them also
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:Some of what you say is true and you have a right to your opinion...but the part that you could care less, what are you doing here :dontthink thats a low blow! Those kids care!! They give up as much time of their summers and after school and they practice their butts off with the same blood, sweat and tears as the kids a couple of years older than them! Their parents and sibblings also give up a lot ALL FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME and yes to prepare for High School! But after all they do for football and for their coaches YES they care if they win or lose. They need to learn from their losses but yes they care and they should care, thats where trying hard comes in at.

It dont hurt them to play against each other Rolleyes its no different than playing each other all season during Baseball then in the end several kids from each team who fought to beat each other all year, COME TOGETHER and create an All star team thats awesome because they forget last month and play as a team and they are also friends and classmates off the field. If you dont care about who wins other than varsity then IMO you shouldnt post in anything other than varsity threads because these kids read this stuff...and they care

good post:Thumbs: ...and i agree many young kisd do get on here and care about this stuff that is posted and they do work their butts off in practice all of the time
pikeville dropped out of the big sandy conference....does anyone know the reason for that??????????????
OMG Had not heard a word! Why?? Anybody??
HUM.... maybe they found some "better" competition!!
phs1986 Wrote:HUM.... maybe they found some "better" competition!!

Alright girl are you serious or are you being a smarty OR are you gonna leave me guessing?? Confusedhh:
Beter competition?? i think belfry middle gave them enough compitition i mean a 2 point game can be turned around very easlily
Pages: 1 2 3 4