Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is This a Rumor ?: Quentin Baker to Transfer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Rumor that I just heard from a hard core ASH Land alumni is that Al Baker has landed another job...Is this the end of the Quentin Baker era at ASH land already? More importantly is this gonna be a blockbuster package deal that will include NotsoBADCAT ? Anyone one else at Putnam World hear anything like this on the street? If not true, don't shoot the asker of questions.
Where is he supposed to be going?
Wonder if that is tied in with what I heard about Matney offering him a job?
heard this rumor last year
Matney offered Al Baker a job? Jesus....
really???
He would be a great fit. They would really crush people with that kind of skill behind a Matney line.
They switched middle schools three different times so it wouldn't be a suprise.
I've been hearing a rumor for several weeks, it doesn't involve Al Baker getting a new job, but has more to do with the new offense that Ashland installed and the inconsistent touches that Quentin has been receiving. Who knows...
I dont know if Matney did or not but I figured if we are gonna speculate on rumors then what the heck I'm game. Does Matney even offer coaching positions to guys whose kid plays somewhere else? Dont know.

I believe Baker left Verity in the middle of 7th grade and went to Boyd Middle for a year and came back to Verity in the 8th grade. I do not believe the move was athletic related.

Here is something you didn't know though, he is an incredible kicker and has regulary hit field goals at 65 yards in practice. I heard that Ashland was gonna give him the ball every play against Boyd and then let them return a few kick offs for TDs to get more possessions so he can have the single game rushing record and then they were gonna have the full back run back to the 48 of Boyd so he can kick a 65 yarder and have both records in the same game.

Just what I heard.
Whatever kind of work Al Baker does, we need it on Pond Creek. Big Grin
I don't know the situation at JCHS but I doubt Coach Matney is in the position to offer Teaching jobs. He can offer Coaching Positions of course but most Coaches teach. IDK, I could be wrong
Teaching spots can be found. Is there any substance to this rumor or is it just someone stirring.
E's Army, what your looking at is utter nonsense of stirring up garbage. Baker is a really nice player and I'm sure any Coach would love to have that kid but from his track record of coming and going would a Coach want to go out of his way to get him? I don't know the current situation at JCHS but I talked to a friend and he tells me JC has no teaching Jobs to offer at this time and they have hired very few teachers the past 2-3 years.
Pure rumor about moving to JC . Not going to say more than that , except i know for a positive fact moving to JC is just a rumor .
lol.....My goodness, how did JC get involved in any of this....An Ashland guy told me about the Bakers....I'm just asking questions of whether there was anything to it or not....All anyone has to say is no it's not true, or yes it is true....Right?
PooperScooper Wrote:E's Army, what your looking at is utter nonsense of stirring up garbage. Baker is a really nice player and I'm sure any Coach would love to have that kid but from his track record of coming and going would a Coach want to go out of his way to get him? I don't know the current situation at JCHS but I talked to a friend and he tells me JC has no teaching Jobs to offer at this time and they have hired very few teachers the past 2-3 years.

Maybe by someone with the moving to JC junk, but the original topic was definitely not told in a stir it up mode....There was a real concern from this individual.....Someone just say it's true or say it's not true....That settles the whole question either way you go..
I didn't bring up JCHS. Someone else did and I just answered someones question. No one mentioned you or anyone else for that matter. But threads like these do stir the pot whether it's intentional or not
PooperScooper Wrote:I didn't bring up JCHS. Someone else did and I just answered someones question. No one mentioned you or anyone else for that matter. But threads like these do stir the pot whether it's intentional or not

Yeah, I guess it's just the nature of the beast, pooper.
Idiots
washed up Wrote:Wonder if that is tied in with what I heard about Matney offering him a job?

So you are saying that it may be beyond "rumor" status?
washed up Wrote:Idiots

Then confirm it either way... That, would take care of that wouldn't it?
Sorry, I don't know anything about Al Baker's employment situation. Therefore I can neither confirm or deny what you say. Really none of my business anyway. If I did know it wouldnt change the fact that some are idiots for not realizing I was just poking fun with the JC thing. If you need to know how JC became involved then all you need to do is take the person that started the thread and determine who he roots for from this you will be able to draw the conclusions of "who" and "why" . Pretty simple really.
washed up Wrote:Sorry, I don't know anything about Al Baker's employment situation. Therefore I can neither confirm or deny what you say. Really none of my business anyway. If I did know it wouldnt change the fact that some are idiots for not realizing I was just poking fun with the JC thing. If you need to know how JC became involved then all you need to do is take the person that started the thread and determine who he roots for from this you will be able to draw the conclusions of "who" and "why" . Pretty simple really.

Why does it matter who Mr. Kimball roots for? He's already stated that an Ashland fan told him the information.
Have heard the rumor too!! Al works at ACTC and if the rumor is true J.C isn't where he is going! I heard Lexington or NKY!!! If it is NKY i have heard Highlands but it is just a rumor!!! Ashland if he stays next season will have a team that might be able to take out Highlands!!
And what makes you think they will be able to challenge Highlands or any other NKY team? Baker coming back is really all they will have. The feeder programs have been so bad there isnt anything coming up and the offense is very bland. A good RB needs plenty of touches and he doesnt get them. Add that in with the product that has been coming out of Veritey lately, I just dont see the help coming to beat JC and you think theyll challenge Highlands?
Don Carlo Wrote:Why does it matter who Mr. Kimball roots for? He's already stated that an Ashland fan told him the information.

Because in post 16 he asked how JC got involved all I did was answer his question.
T-CATS Wrote:Have heard the rumor too!! Al works at ACTC and if the rumor is true J.C isn't where he is going! I heard Lexington or NKY!!! If it is NKY i have heard Highlands but it is just a rumor!!! Ashland if he stays next season will have a team that might be able to take out Highlands!!

That is both delusional and hilarious.
washed up Wrote:Sorry, I don't know anything about Al Baker's employment situation. Therefore I can neither confirm or deny what you say. Really none of my business anyway. If I did know it wouldnt change the fact that some are idiots for not realizing I was just poking fun with the JC thing. If you need to know how JC became involved then all you need to do is take the person that started the thread and determine who he roots for from this you will be able to draw the conclusions of "who" and "why" . Pretty simple really.

Then shoot the whole thing down with a flat denial....I notice you're not willing to do that. Seems there are posts from other Ashland supporters that seems to be adding a bit of creedence to it.....Like has been said, this comes straight from a strong Tomcat supporter...Again shoot it down, if this is all a bunch of nonsense. All I did was ask a question, I certainly don't know either way.
FBALL Wrote:That is both delusional and hilarious.
Ashland isn't losing much off this years team and if Baker is back, he will be one of the premiere players in the state. That is a very good start!!
Pages: 1 2 3