Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central vs. Boyd County updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'll try to update as often as possible....

Running the chains keeps me busy.
JC - 6
Boyd - 0

10:45 left in the 1st
Safety on Boyd County...

JC - 8
Boyd - 0

8:33 in the 1st
JC - 15
Boyd - 0

4:22 in the 1st.
JC - 15
Boyd - 0

4:22 in the 1st.
JC - 22
Boyd - 0

9:34 in the 2nd
JC - 29
Boyd - 0

5:44 left in the 2nd qtr.
JC - 35
Boyd - 0

3:15 on the 2nd qtr.
Five games. Five running clocks. Ain't nothing wrong with THAT.

Go Eagles.
It's obvious Matney will do anything in search for a record.. Telling a kid to intentionally run the ball backwards in search of a record setting field goal is a joke.. It's hard to stomach
JC - 35
Boyd - 7

21.6 left in the 2nd qtr.
Diogenes Wrote:Five games. Five running clocks. Ain't nothing wrong with THAT.

Go Eagles.
Shouldn't be a running clock yet. Point differential has to reach 36 first. But it will get there.
Kayaker Wrote:It's obvious Matney will do anything in search for a record.. Telling a kid to intentionally run the ball backwards in search of a record setting field goal is a joke.. It's hard to stomach

Lol....The great thing about living in America is that you can always go root for another school somewhere else then....

BTW, letting a kid set a record may just be all it takes to get him a scholarship offer somewhere.:eyeroll:
Kayaker Wrote:It's obvious Matney will do anything in search for a record.. Telling a kid to intentionally run the ball backwards in search of a record setting field goal is a joke.. It's hard to stomach

He does really, really go out of his way to not run up the score. And he does play the kids on the bench early in games like this. And he refuses to shut people out. We haven't recorded a shutout since 2006 at Mason County in the Mud Bowl.

Btw, apparently the 60 yd FG try for the state record was just short, for those reading out there.
Bob Seger Wrote:Lol....The great thing about living in America is that you can always go root for another school somewhere else then....

BTW, letting a kid set a record may just be all it takes to get him a scholarship offer somewhere.:eyeroll:

Yes but I still have pride in this school and this program. The kid is a sophomore, don't u honestly think there would have been somewhere along the way he could have went for the record without the antics. Plain and simple that is poor sportsmanship. A record alone isn't going to earn a scholarship, kicking camps is where that takes place. Running the ball back 30 yds to attempt the record is wrong.
Yeah, I guess he could just keep piling the score on to embarrass Boyd Co. even more.......Who knows it may take a 60 yard FG somewhere on down the line to win a game that really matters.....Good opportunity to work on stuff like that in a live game situation, IMO.
Bob Seger Wrote:Yeah, I guess he could just keep piling the score on to embarrass Boyd Co. even more.......Who knows it may take a 60 yard FG somewhere on down the line to win a game that really matters.....Good opportunity to work on stuff like that in a live game situation, IMO.

Then do it as your driving the ball. Not running the ball back 30 yds with a player that doesn't get PT to set it up. IMO it is more embarrassing to Boyd co. to bluntly set yourself up for a record than it would be to just play the game straight and establish a running clock.
I guess we can agree to disagree on that...I personally don't have a problem with it.
JC - 35
Boyd - 14

11:21 in the 3rd qtr.
JC - 35
Boyd - 14

11:21 in the 3rd qtr.
LC scores Goble 1 yard run 2pt conversion no good score LC 20 Raceland 7
wrong thread sorry
JC - 42
Boyd - 14

9:45 in the 3rd
JC - 49
Boyd - 14

6:51 left in the 3rd
JC - 49
Boyd - 14

6:51 left in the 3rd
JC - 56
Boyd - 14

9.0 left in the 3rd qtr
I have watched all the games this year and Matney has done everything to control blowouts respectively toward other teams . Quit crying like a pup that someone stepped on your tail. It gets tiresome
JC - 62
Boyd - 14

5:13 left in the game
JC - 62
Boyd - 14

5:13 left in the game
JC - 69
Boyd - 14

2:24 left
Pages: 1 2 3 4