Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central vs. Boyd County updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
pulp fiction Wrote:jc - 69
boyd - 14

2:24 left

ouch!
maximus73 Wrote:I have watched all the games this year and Matney has done everything to control blowouts respectively toward other teams . Quit crying like a pup that someone stepped on your tail. It gets tiresome

Get this, now he gets on the other website and even STARTS A THREAD bashing Matney and calls it "More Matney Antics" and then starts all this "just wants the program to have respect" crap......Personally I wish someone would take your hide and Tack ett to a barn wall somewhere........Anything Matney has done is not even close to being as embarrassing as what you have just done....You are a dang disgrace!!!.....I wish you would go watch South Floyd and root for them and just stay there...
69-14

Final. JC.
Bob Seger Wrote:Get this, now he gets on the other website and even STARTS A THREAD bashing Matney and starts all this "wants the program to have respect" crap......Personally I wish someone would take your hide and Tack ett to a barn wall somewhere........Anything Matney has done is not even close to being as embarrassing as what you have just done....You are a dang disgrace!!!.....I wish you would go watch South Floyd and root for them...

As you said earlier it is my right as an American to use free speech on any forum. For those who don't know my name is john tackett and I regularly post on the website bluegrasspreps as jc alumni 76. I don't get on here to much due to the fact that any retard can get on here and say what they please.
Kayaker Wrote:As you said earlier it is my right as an American to use free speech on any forum. For those who don't know my name is john tackett and I regularly post on the website bluegrasspreps as jc alumni 76. I don't get on here to much due to the fact that any retard can get on here and say what they please.

In that case, welcome to site "retard".
Bob Seger Wrote:In that case, welcome to site "retard".

Thanks retard
Kayaker Wrote:Thanks retard

Like I said, go watch South Floyd. Everybody is about sick of you..
Bob Seger Wrote:Like I said, go watch South Floyd. Everybody is about sick of you..

Let's go together want to
Podunker might go with you! If not please take him any ways!
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Podunker might go with you! If not please take him any ways!

They are about one and the same .
One does spell better than the other. I bet you can guess witch one!
Bob Seger Wrote:They are about one and the same .

It won't matter.. They should suspend me for complaining about the site anyways.. I'll see u guys in Putnam where they my get tested.. Not sure I want to see anymore games of that style
brown_ind1977 Wrote:One does spell better than the other. I bet you can guess witch one!

Looks about the same to me.:eyeroll:
Hey, I'd love to watch 15 straight blowouts, personally.
I think you need to get all you info about this sophomore bef
Kayaker Wrote:Yes but I still have pride in this school and this program. The kid is a sophomore, don't u honestly think there would have been somewhere along the way he could have went for the record without the antics. Plain and simple that is poor sportsmanship. A record alone isn't going to earn a scholarship, kicking camps is where that takes place. Running the ball back 30 yds to attempt the record is wrong.
I think you need to get all the info about this sophomore before you post. Not only has he tied the state record for a field goal kick but he has an awesome gpa that could earn a scholarship on it's own. Just some info Ithpught you should know!y
Kayaker Wrote:It's obvious Matney will do anything in search for a record.. Telling a kid to intentionally run the ball backwards in search of a record setting field goal is a joke.. It's hard to stomach

Your kidding right??
Dang phone......:eyeroll:
JC making a statement for #1 in Mountains.
It is Coach Matney's job to get his team ready for the post season. There is nothing wrong with avoiding the running clock. If he doesn't avoid it, the starters would once again get limited reps...especially on offense. The lack of live snaps will severely hurt stamina late in the season and in the post season. The starters must see more time on the field. How can they be expected to play a full game late in the year if they haven't played one all season?
Packfan Wrote:I think you need to get all the info about this sophomore before you post. Not only has he tied the state record for a field goal kick but he has an awesome gpa that could earn a scholarship on it's own. Just some info Ithpught you should know!y

I am in no way shape or form bashing the kid. I'm excited to see JC with such an explosive special teams weapon. I just think out of respect for the opponent and the game it could have been done differently. I hope that he gets the record just not in that style, but since I'm the only who appears to see it that way I'll drop it.
Kayaker Wrote:I am in no way shape or form bashing the kid. I'm excited to see JC with such an explosive special teams weapon. I just think out of respect for the opponent and the game it could have been done differently. I hope that he gets the record just not in that style, but since I'm the only who appears to see it that way I'll drop it.

Oh so you're going to just drop it , huh?............How about an entire thread over on the other site that you created?...You said you want to see the program get respect? Just tell me how creating a thread entitled "More Matney Antics" can bring respect to the program?...You intentionally did the reverse of what you are claiming, and you intentionally tried to rally the troops to humiliate Matney...Of course, fortthomashighlandspreps.com eats up everything they can to make Matney look bad. Just what would you expect? And here you precipitate it!! You knew exactly what you were trying to do......You really do have a screw loose somewhere.
maximus73 Wrote:I have watched all the games this year and Matney has done everything to control blowouts respectively toward other teams . Quit crying like a pup that someone stepped on your tail. It gets tiresome

Gentlemen, it has taken a couple weeks to get over the sting from the beating that Johnson Central laid on my Black Bears. That said, I can personally confirm what maximus73 posted. That game could've been worse...MUCH worse but for the respect that Matney apparently had toward my team. I appreciated his class.

Oh, and congratulations on last night's victory.
Kayaker Wrote:I am in no way shape or form bashing the kid. I'm excited to see JC with such an explosive special teams weapon. I just think out of respect for the opponent and the game it could have been done differently. I hope that he gets the record just not in that style, but since I'm the only who appears to see it that way I'll drop it.
You will find plenty of Highlands fans who will agree with you on that "other" website. They are the same fans who defended Dale Mueller running up the score on JC a few years ago by leaving Patrick Towles and his first string offense in for nearly the entire game. This is not strictly a NKY website. If you like wearing a muzzle and having everybody tell you what a good boy you are for agreeing with the owner of a website and his band of merry Golden Triangle mods, then, by all means, you should air your grievances there.

Jim Matney has done more good for Johnson Central than most of its alumni could do in two lifetimes. For example, he was instrumental in helping get our wrestling program off to a good start by participating in a couple of scrimmages while he was still a Belfry student. I remember him and a few of his teammates hanging around after the scrimmage to share his wrestling knowledge with our team. Unless my memory is failing me, those wrestlers drove their personal cars from Belfry to Johnson Central and were not even accompanied by a coach. He made a very positive impression on me the first time I met the man as one of the state's outstanding wrestlers. Yes, he was a cocky young man - always confident in his considerable skills, but he was also an outgoing boy who was always happy to help others reach their potential.

I have no problem with you criticizing Matney - none of us is perfect, but Matney has earned the respect of every Johnson Central parent, student, and alumni. Criticize him publicly if you must, but at least be respectful when you do so and do not lose sight of his considerable contributions to the school and the football program.

I have no doubt that you would feel very different about Matney if you had the privilege to play for him. Unfortunately, you and your teammates had two endure the three worst years of JC football history. No player should have to put up with what you went through in those years. If you want to be bitter and angry at somebody, direct your outbursts toward those former administrators who stole from you three years of what should have been good times as a member of Johnson Central's football team. People make mistakes, but hiring Jim Matney was no mistake. He and Bill Musick built JC into a very respectable program. Be happy that they did.
As always, very well put Hoot.
Diogenes Wrote:Hey, I'd love to watch 15 straight blowouts, personally.

Trust me, it gets really boring watching blowouts. Football fans want to see their teams win, but you also want to see a good, exciting game.
sstack Wrote:Trust me, it gets really boring watching blowouts. Football fans want to see their teams win, but you also want to see a good, exciting game.
I am already bored. I don't think that JC will see a competitive ball game until Belfry. I am sure that Matney wishes that the schedule was peppered with some stronger opponents this season.
Bob Seger Wrote:Oh so you're going to just drop it , huh?............How about an entire thread over on the other site that you created?...You said you want to see the program get respect? Just tell me how creating a thread entitled "More Matney Antics" can bring respect to the program?...You intentionally did the reverse of what you are claiming, and you intentionally tried to rally the troops to humiliate Matney...Of course, fortthomashighlandspreps.com eats up everything they can to make Matney look bad. Just what would you expect? And here you precipitate it!! You knew exactly what you were trying to do......You really do have a screw loose somewhere.

You need to look at who is posting on the other site about this, it is far from just Highlands fans. In fact the biggest Highlands hater is on there saying he thought it was a bad move. I know it is hard for JC fans to like Highlands when they are the ones who have kept JC from winning a title lately, but it is not just their fans disagreeing, it is around the state. I do not think it was the end of the world, but do think it really makes the coach look like an idiot. As for JC fans who hate Highlands, this might be the year to get over the hump. JC looks to have offense rolling and Highlands D is sputtering. Will JC D be able to stop HIGHLANDS O? Will Highlands D be able to stop JC O? JC always tries to keep HHS O off the field and just might be
able to this year. We will start to get a better feel for Highlands today. The playoffs should be a lot of fun this year.
I never want to hear about a HHS fan complaining about 15 straight blowouts, or as they refer to it, "another season". Maybe you sneak in a close game with Elder for S and G's. I'd really just like to see us have another fair and balanced shot at it again. I see that dropped touchdown pass in the corner endzone in my nightmares. One time, I'd like to see us not bring a knife to the gun fight and look like we are on something like equal footing, even if we don't win.

Of course, I'd prefer to blow out everyone in our way...but for us mortals, that isn't possible, sadly.
sstack Wrote:You need to look at who is posting on the other site about this, it is far from just Highlands fans. In fact the biggest Highlands hater is on there saying he thought it was a bad move. I know it is hard for JC fans to like Highlands when they are the ones who have kept JC from winning a title lately, but it is not just their fans disagreeing, it is around the state. I do not think it was the end of the world, but do think it really makes the coach look like an idiot. As for JC fans who hate Highlands, this might be the year to get over the hump. JC looks to have offense rolling and Highlands D is sputtering. Will JC D be able to stop HIGHLANDS O? Will Highlands D be able to stop JC O? JC always tries to keep HHS O off the field and just might be
able to this year. We will start to get a better feel for Highlands today. The playoffs should be a lot of fun this year.

If a Highlands fan would have gotten on the other site and tried to humiliate Mueller (either wrongly or rightfully, it wouldn't matter), you can bet your life that every HHS fan on the board would swarm over his comments like ducks fighting over a June bug......I remember back a few weeks ago when the site owner did have enough class to alter a thread that was aimed at Matney's presumed running the score up on Fairview in a scrimmage....Matney was crucified by the same old same, same old crowd, (of course led by the HHS faithful) over something that he didn't do.......Of course there was never one apology from the first poster for saying the mean nasty things they did when it was proven that Matney was not guilty of what they criticized him for. It's just the mentality over there.....Point is that if Kayaker had truly been concerned with the perception of Matney or the JC program, then this was entirely the wrong approach.

Yeah, I will agree with you on the potential playoff scenario.. I'm looking forward to seeing a real game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4