Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central vs. Boyd County updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Bob Seger Wrote:If a Highlands fan would have gotten on the other site and tried to humiliate Mueller (either wrongly or rightfully, it wouldn't matter), you can bet your life that every HHS fan on the board would swarm over his comments like ducks fighting over a June bug......I remember back a few weeks ago when the site owner did have enough class to alter a thread that was aimed at Matney's presumed running the score up on Fairview in a scrimmage....Matney was crucified by the same old same, same old crowd, (of course led by the HHS faithful) over something that he didn't do.......Of course there was never one apology from the first poster for saying the mean nasty things they did when it was proven that Matney was not guilty of what they criticized him for. It's just the mentality over there.....Point is that if Kayaker had truly been concerned with the perception of Matney or the JC program, then this was entirely the wrong approach.

Yeah, I will agree with you on the potential playoff scenario.. I'm looking forward to seeing a real game.
That "other" website has apparently fallen upon hard times. The over representation of arrogant Highlands fans, the biased overbearing moderators, and the fact that subscribers must pay for the privilege of wearing a tight-fitting muzzle, have driven other members away in droves. It is sometimes a nice place to visit, but I would not want to live there.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:That "other" website has apparently fallen upon hard times. The over representation of arrogant Highlands fans, the biased overbearing moderators, and the fact that subscribers must pay for the privilege of wearing a tight-fitting muzzle, have driven other members away in droves. It is sometimes a nice place to visit, but I would not want to live there.

Agree 100%....I noticed the other day that they were offering amnesty to get those that they have wrongly eliminated over the years to come back....
I need to visit this "other" website. Bet I could beat the record for getting kicked off in the least amount of time!

Wink
Granny Bear Wrote:I need to visit this "other" website. Bet I could beat the record for getting kicked off in the least amount of time!

Wink
Would you believe that I was once a moderator over there? I don't think that I ever had a user booted, though. Confusednicker:

I also went through quite a few screen names while I was a member because of political disagreements with the former moderator known as Rockmom. Hoot Gibson was the last name that I used.
Another blow-out for Johnson Central. Like I said Boyd County needs to drop there football program what a joke they are. Johnson Central only compettion is Belfry . The teams they have played are a joke . Playoffs are coming up . Lets see if they overload the side to stop Jordan Ray or the fullback . If I was an opposing coach I would try to stop Belcher and let the other players try and beat me . Cov Cath and Highlands are coming up .
podunker Wrote:Another blow-out for Johnson Central. Like I said Boyd County needs to drop there football program what a joke they are. Johnson Central only compettion is Belfry . The teams they have played are a joke . Playoffs are coming up . Lets see if they overload the side to stop Jordan Ray or the fullback . If I was an opposing coach I would try to stop Belcher and let the other players try and beat me . Cov Cath and Highlands are coming up .

I disagree with the suggestion that Boyd County should drop football. I liked the intensity of the players and they did not quit. I think they will be competitive in a few years.

As far as teams overloading against JC. We see how that worked for Harlan County.
Kayaker Wrote:I am in no way shape or form bashing the kid. I'm excited to see JC with such an explosive special teams weapon. I just think out of respect for the opponent and the game it could have been done differently. I hope that he gets the record just not in that style, but since I'm the only who appears to see it that way I'll drop it.

Don't drop it. I wasn't at the game but I heard the same thing. Some fans aren't very happy with the way it happend!!
dns Wrote:Don't drop it. I wasn't at the game but I heard the same thing. Some fans aren't very happy with the way it happend!!

Some fans are not going to be happy with anything Coach Matney does. I heard that some fans didn't like what he had for lunch last Tuesday.
lol.............Yeah, and it seems like it's the one's who's sons don't get the amount of carries that they think he should get too.
podunker Wrote:Another blow-out for Johnson Central. Like I said Boyd County needs to drop there football program what a joke they are. Johnson Central only compettion is Belfry .

I don't think they need to drop "their" program. They have good numbers, a new coach, young at several key positions and they didn't quit. All those things lead towards success in future years. To say that a bunch of 14-18 year olds are a joke is a rather rude thing to say. Do you think they want to be on the lopsided part of the score board? No, but at least they have to gumption to go out and play, representing BCHS with pride.

JC has a fairly good team this year and it has been three years in the making. Boyd Co. is a district game but three opponents(Cabell Midland Fairview, Harlan Co.)that they have played against, including scrimmages, were all coming off great seasons from 2012. Those three teams have one common factor as the others, they all had a running clock prior to halftime. I'm not sure how this weeks game will go, Ironton (OH) has a traditionally solid team and an even more formidable opponent at Tank Memorial Stadium. JC will have to limit its mistakes and play solid fundamentally. Congratulations on the win and take it one week at a time gentlemen.
It wont be a running clock week 10 for the eagles. Belfry will hand them the first loss of the season.
Call like I see it . Ironton is a small class in Ohio football. Johnson Central will beat them by a least 3 touchdowns . Like I said the only game Johnson Central will have a true test is Belfry . Since I been here watching Boyd County they should drop to class single A. It will help there program out they dont have any athletics. Just calling it like I see it . Not being rude call it like I see it .
Cov Cath and Highlands are coming up for Johnson Central. This is where you find your true athletics at . Not against teams like Boyd County, Ironton, Canada, Alternative School out of Indiana, Rowan County, Ashalnd, Greenup County. Belfry will test Johnson Central for the first true test . Johnson Central has a stud running back give him the ball more then 10 times a game . Cant believe that .
But we have to satisfy the parents so they will not get mad.
podunker Wrote:But we have to satisfy the parents so they will not get mad.

Sounds like we have at least one unsatisfied parent.:eyeroll:
Hey Poodunk, I am a parent of one of the other backs and I'm satisfied with the carries he's getting because we are winning games. And that's the most important thing. Who cares who has more carries or more yards as long as we are winning. It sounds like to me you're the only one unsatisfied.
podunker Wrote:Cov Cath and Highlands are coming up for Johnson Central. This is where you find your true athletics at . Not against teams like Boyd County, Ironton, Canada, Alternative School out of Indiana, Rowan County, Ashalnd, Greenup County. Belfry will test Johnson Central for the first true test . Johnson Central has a stud running back give him the ball more then 10 times a game . Cant believe that .

Have you watched any of the games? JC has 3 stud RBs. Also, it's a little difficult to get any one player a lot of touches when you are fighting a running clock in every game and have quick scoring drives. This is the most balanced team I have ever seen at JC...which is why it has a good shot at competing for a title this year.

One other thing, it was not an alternative school that came from Indiana.
podunker Wrote:Call like I see it . Ironton is a small class in Ohio football. Johnson Central will beat them by a least 3 touchdowns . Like I said the only game Johnson Central will have a true test is Belfry . Since I been here watching Boyd County they should drop to class single A. It will help there program out they dont have any athletics. Just calling it like I see it . Not being rude call it like I see it .

Do you know anything about KY high school football?

Schools do not get to choose in which class they compete. That is determined by the KHSAA. Schools are allowed to play up a class but they can't play down.
I don't care if you are a parent or not. Like I said if you have a stud running back give him the ball. 10 touches is not going to get it. Time will tell. The true athletics come out when you play good teams.
If I recall you had good running backs when jj jude played. I don't recall seeing you on bluegrass rivals e mailingl about my son plays in the backfield. Then you had running backs too.
khsgamenight Wrote:Do you know anything about KY high school football?

Nope; afraid not.

Schools do not get to choose in which class they compete. That is determined by the KHSAA. Schools are allowed to play up a class but they can't play down.

I've explained the class system to podunk in yet another thread that he hijacked, but you're justing wasting your time trying to talk to him.
Bob Seger Wrote:If a Highlands fan would have gotten on the other site and tried to humiliate Mueller (either wrongly or rightfully, it wouldn't matter), you can bet your life that every HHS fan on the board would swarm over his comments like ducks fighting over a June bug......I remember back a few weeks ago when the site owner did have enough class to alter a thread that was aimed at Matney's presumed running the score up on Fairview in a scrimmage....Matney was crucified by the same old same, same old crowd, (of course led by the HHS faithful) over something that he didn't do.......Of course there was never one apology from the first poster for saying the mean nasty things they did when it was proven that Matney was not guilty of what they criticized him for. It's just the mentality over there.....Point is that if Kayaker had truly been concerned with the perception of Matney or the JC program, then this was entirely the wrong approach.

Yeah, I will agree with you on the potential playoff scenario.. I'm looking
forward to seeing a real game.

I have to say I tried the "other" site during the free trial and like many HHS fans I know, we do not like it. It is the same people on there and if you do not agree with them they want to kick you off. I made two posts on the site and had three people come up to me at a game complaining about what I posted. There is a very small contingence of HHS fans on there and the rest of teams think it represents all fans. If I think Highlands coaching does something wrong I will be first to get on here and say so. But I will also say something when I think your coach pulls a bone headove like last night. Like I said before not the end of the world but makes himself look real stupid. As for playoffs, if JC is anywhere near as good as th teams that hung close to highlands, they will easily beat COV CATH in playoffs this year!
podunker Wrote:I don't care if you are a parent or not. Like I said if you have a stud running back give him the ball. 10 touches is not going to get it. Time will tell. The true athletics come out when you play good teams.

Glad to see you are living up to your screen name.

Not only do you know nothing about KY high school football, you also seem to struggle with the English language. I think the word you are looking for is "athletes" not "athletics".
Granny Bear Wrote:I've explained the class system to podunk in yet another thread that he hijacked, but you're justing wasting your time trying to talk to him.

Thanks Granny

I'm starting to realize that talking to pod under is akin to talking to my dog. Wait, make that a wall. My dog listens.
Boyd County is in the same shape we were in under Humphrey and Ross. Have a lite compassion; there but for the grace of God (and hiring a good coach) goes us. They have the athletes there to be competitive, they just need somebody at the top who can put it all together. That team was a tough, gritty opponent once, and probably will be again.

As for the "other" site, it's way too easy to touch a nerve and get suspended there. Apparently the last time I did it without even realizing and they expect you to dance a jig and kowtow for forgiveness if you break one of their precious 145 rules. God forbid you accuse Cordia of recruiting in basketball, or the sky of being blue...
khsgamenight Wrote:Glad to see you are living up to your screen name.

Not only do you know nothing about KY high school football, you also seem to struggle with the English language. I think the word you are looking for is "athletes" not "athletics".

podunker is a true athletic supporter
Confusednicker:
dns Wrote:Don't drop it. I wasn't at the game but I heard the same thing. Some fans aren't very happy with the way it happend!!

I'm so glad that you took your boy to Central. Have you ever been in a program that you didn't try to corrupt? You were nothing but a cancer at Paintsville and I pitty the folks at Central for having to put up with you now. I don't think our program would've ever gotten over the hump with both you and rail running behind everybody's back trying to cause problems.
podunker Wrote:Another blow-out for Johnson Central. Like I said Boyd County needs to drop there football program what a joke they are. Johnson Central only compettion is Belfry . The teams they have played are a joke . Playoffs are coming up . Lets see if they overload the side to stop Jordan Ray or the fullback . If I was an opposing coach I would try to stop Belcher and let the other players try and beat me . Cov Cath and Highlands are coming up .
Let me start off by saying, I feel this is a good JC football team. We should be competitive with any 4a school in the state. One of the biggest reasons is our depth. We don't have three running backs we have five or six. Damion is a big part of our success and he is having a great year. It's just a shame that some idiot (podunker) feels the need to get on here and bring bad publicity to him and our team. You give the impression that you have the kids best intentions in mind so if it makes you feel better brag and rant away, but you are not helping him or this team. My name is Darrick Preston and I am Jordan Ray's step dad.I have been a big part of his life since he was three years old and I couldn't be more proud of the young man he has turned out to be. Our household wants a state championship and we don't care who carries it. I do not feel the need to get on here and bash young men but I would love to know who you are and I will try to find out. If I do find out and my son's name comes out of your mouth one more time I will knock the taste out of it for you. If you have a problem with that you can find me every home game on the forty yard line about 3/4 of the way up in the stands. So if you have the guts just give me a call I'm in the book. I would love to see how you talk to a grown man face to face instead of blasting an 18 year old while hidding behind a computer screen.
Kudos to Coach Cherico at Paintsville and Coach Matney for the seasons they're having and for having to put up with punks like Tiger Blues,Dns,and podunker getting on here and constantly trying to stir crap up. You Central fans would really be suprised of who Podunker really is. You would think that he would concentrate his efforts on staying sober and at his true calling as Coach Mckenzie's human victory cigar. You better get yourself prepared podunker it's difficult sitting at the end of the bench for four solid months during basketball season.

And everyone wonders why no schools will play JC!! I thought you ran the football foward!
Pages: 1 2 3 4