Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Williamsburg 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
willimsburg returns almost everything

Sizemore who will be the best qb in the mountains next year returns along with both running backs (patrick and lowrie). The teams two leading receivers return (griffith and shelton). Patrick the teams leading tackler returns along with all but two db's.
as for the line, they lose 3 but they have plenty of players who got plenty of playing time last season to step in.
Williamsburg is looking good for 2013
Looks like Williamsburg will be right in the mix next year. They also can throw the ball which will help provide a balanced attack. Any idea what their schedule looks like? Heard they are dropping at least 1 if not all three Tn schools. Would like to see them beef up some. Maybe ad a Somerset or Pulaski.
Looking forward to the cards of Wayne County and the Yelllow Jackets next season should be a good game!
as far as williamsburgs schedule goes, they are playing in the laurel co bowl and Pineville + district games are all they have so far.

harlan, leslie co, allen central and all 3 tn teams are not on the schedule as far as i know.
Loy and Jeffers are big losses up front. Sawyers and Purdy were do it all type kids. They played both sides of the ball and special teams. Hamlin was the big linebacker, back up quarterback and caught several balls. They were not a lot of seniors but they will be sorely missed. Jeffers was district player of the year. Williamsburg will be loaded with skill people next year. Andrew Griffith and Lowery will be able to hold down the inside receiver spots. Over all I expect all the skill positions to be better because they will either be returning kids or replacing them with better athletes. Helton and Caddell will return on the line. Colin will be able to take over one of the spots on the O line. he is big, strong and has good feet. Culver got a lot of snaps this year and will hold his own at guard. Dunn's mother needs to put gravy on his biscuits to put a little weight on him. A few pounds a little time in the weight room and he will be ready. Tough for a freshman to play offensive tackle which he did this year. He will be much better next year. Helton was their best D lineman last year. Colin played really well at the end of the year. Dunn needs only to get older in that he is a heck of an athlete. Patrick has lead them in tackles the last two years. Rose is a tackling machine. Lowery is like Rose very versatile with a nose for the football. Skyler and Cory were awesome in coverage. #7 was tremendous as a freshman. Great speed with a knack of making plays. Hulett will be a playmaker. A little slow but always seems to be in the right spot. 36 needs some of that gravy also. Very good speed but needs to fill out hie uniform this year. Patrick did a very good job kicking after becoming eligible. Sizemore punted the ball very well. His punting was very overlooked last year.
I hated to see Harlan drop Williamsburg. Their fans are good people and Coach Donahue is the personification of class. Long rivalry which has been very close over the years.
Wburg should try to pick up a mboro, and try to talk Corbin into playing again.
Heard they were invited to play Bell / Middlesboro in that Bowl they have. Have not heard if they will or not.
Maybe they can get Mayfield on the schedule. As of right now, I think we may be one team short this coming year.
mysonis55 Wrote:Maybe they can get Mayfield on the schedule. As of right now, I think we may be one team short this coming year.

Gee, you would have to play that one on Saturday. Not a short trip at all.....and even longer on a Old Yeller bus!!!

Although I would pay a fair amount of money to watch that game....LOL
The jackets should win district again and have a good shot at region as long as they can stay healthy
Willamsburg will be a top 5 class A team next year.
the A team Wrote:as far as williamsburgs schedule goes, they are playing in the laurel co bowl and Pineville + district games are all they have so far.

harlan, leslie co, allen central and all 3 tn teams are not on the schedule as far as i know.

add knoxville halls week 0
the A team Wrote:add knoxville halls week 0

Wayne County week 3
Don't yall have any good teams in higher classifications close to you all. We try every year to schedule all of our nondistrict games against good teams in a higher classification. They are usually better competition and they have more bodies. That way we play teams that have speed from start to finish. I noticed outside of Hazard in the east there doesn't seem to be much of that unless you play a 2a or maybe 3a team. The better the competition, the better the team will be at the end for it.
mysonis55 Wrote:Maybe they can get Mayfield on the schedule. As of right now, I think we may be one team short this coming year.

:howdy:mysonis55 i would love for williamsburg to schedule mayfield.it would be great for our kids to play against the 2012 STATE CHAMPION.:champ:an beat yall.Confusedmoke::truestory:
One thing about it, you dont give up 64. I'm pretty confident that we will give a great run at making it back there next year, so we will see. I know we loose my pick for Mr Football, Jonathan Jackson, and some other really good ball players, but we have a whole lot returning. We have 2 rb's back. We have our qb back. We have 2 receivers back. We have the entire line that played at state back. We also have a lot of speed and talent that will be able to fill in. As long as we keep our coaching staff intact, I like our chances again next year.
mysonis55 Wrote:Don't yall have any good teams in higher classifications close to you all. We try every year to schedule all of our nondistrict games against good teams in a higher classification. They are usually better competition and they have more bodies. That way we play teams that have speed from start to finish. I noticed outside of Hazard in the east there doesn't seem to be much of that unless you play a 2a or maybe 3a team. The better the competition, the better the team will be at the end for it.

I agree 110% with you no more tennessee teams period to many good teams around here like knox central,whitley co,corbin,bell,north laurel middleboro,clay co,rockcastle,somerset and throw in south laurel all within 50 miles.amen mysonisoldernwiser55 :Thumbs::Wave::Wave:
64SUR Wrote:I agree 110% with you no more tennessee teams period to many good teams around here like knox central,whitley co,corbin,bell,north laurel middleboro,clay co,rockcastle,somerset and throw in south laurel all within 50 miles.amen mysonisoldernwiser55 :Thumbs::Wave::Wave:

Knox Halls 5A, N or S Laurel 5A, Wayne Co. 3A and a 3 point lose to Central in playoffs.
Wburg right now has 2 home games and 5 away games for 2013.1 of the away games is Bowl game at Laurel next 2 years which means no return home game 2014. I'm sure Coach Herron would love to have help with the schedule and I'm sure he would be easy to get in touch with.
footballfever Wrote:Knox Halls 5A, N or S Laurel 5A, Wayne Co. 3A and a 3 point lose to Central in playoffs.
Wburg right now has 2 home games and 5 away games for 2013.1 of the away games is Bowl game at Laurel next 2 years which means no return home game 2014. I'm sure Coach Herron would love to have help with the schedule and I'm sure he would be easy to get in touch with.

Should have plenty of home games next year as long as we win playoffs games they all will be at home.10-4 footballfeverConfusedhh:
rednblackattack Wrote:Looks like Williamsburg will be right in the mix next year. They also can throw the ball which will help provide a balanced attack. Any idea what their schedule looks like? Heard they are dropping at least 1 if not all three Tn schools. Would like to see them beef up some. Maybe ad a Somerset or Pulaski.

Somerset offered W'burg said No Thanks.
^
If that is true, thats a shame.
Somerset would be a very good team for Wburg to play. The two should play every year IMO.
Cellking Wrote:Somerset offered W'burg said No Thanks.

Believe you got your teams confussed! Talked to Coach Herron and Somerset had week 10, Wburg already had a game week 10 so Coach Herron said "we have a game week 10". Now, Alcoa Tn did call and offer to come to Wburg and play week 2 and Coach Herron said "no thanks".
I wonder if Mcreary has any open dates?
I know that they were invited to play Bell next year and Middlesboro the next and said no thanks.
AnswertheBell Wrote:I know that they were invited to play Bell next year and Middlesboro the next and said no thanks.

I agree. But they are already playing in the Laurel Co. Bowl with 4 more away games. If schedule that away game that would be 6 for 2013 and the 2 bowl games would also be away games 2014 and they would still have 2 open dates for 2013.
They were also invited to come to Columbus Ohio to play someone and they said no thanks.
You cant play everyone!!!!
Cellking Wrote:Somerset offered W'burg said No Thanks.

Confusednicker:CELLKING get your facts straight,:Thumbs:footballfever on the update that sound true :novb:
64SUR Wrote:Confusednicker:CELLKING get your facts straight,:Thumbs:footballfever on the update that sound true :novb:

They are straight, I knew when I posted you would have something Smart to Say. I don't care who you Play or don't Play. I do think W'burg will have a fine Football Team next year.:flame:
Cellking Wrote:They are straight, I knew when I posted you would have something Smart to Say. I don't care who you Play or don't Play. I do think W'burg will have a fine Football Team next year.:flame:

if this is true come to williamsburg we need a home game.Confusedhh: sound like you are the smart :moon:Confusednicker:
Never said you were a Smart Ass, just said I knew you would have something smart to Say!!!!
Cellking did Somerset drop Whitley so they could play 1A schools?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7