Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Williamsburg 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I wish Williamsburg still was playing Oneida if they play a Tennessee team. Good small school that has lots of tradition, a great game last year, and 45 minutes away. Halls may not be a world beater, but it's hard to slam a school that is scheduling one that's at least 5 or 6 times larger in enrollment. Halls has put some very good teams on the field in the past and will be probably be good competition for W-Burg.
Full deck Wrote:Didnt Knoxville Halls only win 1 game last year. If Williamsburg has as good a team as some say, then why are they not playing someone good.

Yeah Halls one victory was over Knoxville Karns a team that took Knox Central to the wire (14-7) in the pig skin classic. Knox Central beat ROCK like ( 47-14 ) so I think Halls will be a big challenge for the jackets. Halls plays a heck of a schedule
Webb 12-1 State Champs
Seiver 10-2
Powell 12-2
Oak Ridge 10-2
Knoxville Central 6-5
These are all big schools and traditional powers in their region, Karns was the worst team on their schedule, and they could have hung with about any team in this area. :blondetea
QUOTE=Full deck;1588351]Didnt Knoxville Halls only win 1 game last year. If Williamsburg has as good a team as some say, then why are they not playing someone good.[/QUOTE]:dudecomeon: full deck give williamsburg coaches a call we need another game on our schedule maybe your team would like to play us.I don't think so.:phone::phone::phone:
Full deck talking out of the wrong end.
64SUR Wrote:QUOTE=Full deck;1588351]Didnt Knoxville Halls only win 1 game last year. If Williamsburg has as good a team as some say, then why are they not playing someone good.
:dudecomeon: full deck give williamsburg coaches a call we need another game on our schedule maybe your team would like to play us.I don't think so.:phone::phone::phone:[/QUOTE]

The team I follow is Highlands, so Ill pass the word to some of my buddies.
Full deck Wrote::dudecomeon: full deck give williamsburg coaches a call we need another game on our schedule maybe your team would like to play us.I don't think so.:phone::phone::phone:

The team I follow is Highlands, so Ill pass the word to some of my buddies.[/QUOTE]

No you don't!!!! You don't have 1 post pertaining to anything about Highlands. But you do seem interested in Rockcastles schedule.
footballfever Wrote:The team I follow is Highlands, so Ill pass the word to some of my buddies.

No you don't!!!! You don't have 1 post pertaining to anything about Highlands. But you do seem interested in Rockcastles schedule.[/QUOTE]

First of all Highlands is my favorite team and yes I know people up there. Do I have to be from there to know a lot about them. I am also a Bengals fan and dont live in Cinn or Ohio, am I allowed to be that too.

I know a lot about Rockcastle and have followed them for a long time also, used to be one of my favorites. I know a lot of good people in rockcastle and feel the same as they do now. Had a lot of family go through there. BUT I HAVE ALWAYS LIKED HIGHLANDS SINCE I WAS A TEEN. I dont have to post about them if I dont want too.

I also root for the NY Yankees and I am not from there, but I do know a few in NY.
Full deck Wrote:No you don't!!!! You don't have 1 post pertaining to anything about Highlands. But you do seem interested in Rockcastles schedule.

First of all Highlands is my favorite team and yes I know people up there. Do I have to be from there to know a lot about them. I am also a Bengals fan and dont live in Cinn or Ohio, am I allowed to be that too.

I know a lot about Rockcastle and have followed them for a long time also, used to be one of my favorites. I know a lot of good people in rockcastle and feel the same as they do now. Had a lot of family go through there. BUT I HAVE ALWAYS LIKED HIGHLANDS SINCE I WAS A TEEN. I dont have to post about them if I dont want too.

I also root for the NY Yankees and I am not from there, but I do know a few in NY.[/QUOTE]

OK, you got me... call your buddies from Highlands and see if they want to "get it on" with Williamsburg week 4!!!!!
I have nothing to do with it but I believe Corbin has an opening. Maybe they could get together. It would be a great game with a great atmosphere. Next years Jrs. were both 8th grade State Champs.
Old Redhound Wrote:I have nothing to do with it but I believe Corbin has an opening. Maybe they could get together. It would be a great game with a great atmosphere. Next years Jrs. were both 8th grade State Champs.

Thats not going to happen for a few reasons.

1. Last time Corbin played Wburg they lost and it was embarassing to the Corbin faithful.
2. Alot of that State Champion Corbin team is now at Wburg. That tends to breed some bad blood.
3. Corbin doesn't want to admit locally how far they have fallen. Thats why you haven't seen any local teams on their schedule the last few years. Now that might change with this next schedule but who knows I doubt it.
^
The hard truth.
johnnyd Wrote:Thats not going to happen for a few reasons.

1. Last time Corbin played Wburg they lost and it was embarassing to the Corbin faithful.
2. Alot of that State Champion Corbin team is now at Wburg. That tends to breed some bad blood.
3. Corbin doesn't want to admit locally how far they have fallen. Thats why you haven't seen any local teams on their schedule the last few years. Now that might change with this next schedule but who knows I doubt it.

1. Williamsburg was very good that year, no embarrassment losing to the Jackets.
2. I saw a bunch of Corbin players down at Williamsburg supporting the Jackets at a game last year, doesn't seem to be much bad blood. How many kids have transferred to Wburg from Corbin anyway?
3. The athletes at Corbin do not all play football anymore, which is why they are so successful at tennis, golf, soccer, basketball, etc. Also, the other area schools have really upgraded their football programs over the last few years, which is a good thing.
The Patrick boy is the only starting player from the 8th grade team to be at Williamsburg. The other guys I believe will be players given the opportunity. They seem to be good athletes, but needed the time to grow and mature. I wish them all the luck in the world and hope to see them play for a state championship. Corbin like Williamsburg is loaded with talent in this class. Which team will grow up to be the best Varsity is yet to be seen. We as fans should pressure our schools to make this game happen. Unfortunately (for us Corbin fans) the Corbin domination of football is this area is over and has been for a while. Lets learn to support each other and enjoy great competition.
Old Redhound Wrote:The Patrick boy is the only starting player from the 8th grade team to be at Williamsburg. The other guys I believe will be players given the opportunity. They seem to be good athletes, but needed the time to grow and mature. I wish them all the luck in the world and hope to see them play for a state championship. Corbin like Williamsburg is loaded with talent in this class. Which team will grow up to be the best Varsity is yet to be seen. We as fans should pressure our schools to make this game happen. Unfortunately (for us Corbin fans) the Corbin domination of football is this area is over and has been for a while. Lets learn to support each other and enjoy great competition.

I don't believe you will see these 2 play before Sizemore graduates. Coach Jewell probably made a mistake in not welcoming Sizemore and giving him a shot at the starting QB job when he moved back to Corbin before his sophomore year.
Old Redhound Wrote:The Patrick boy is the only starting player from the 8th grade team to be at Williamsburg. The other guys I believe will be players given the opportunity. They seem to be good athletes, but needed the time to grow and mature. I wish them all the luck in the world and hope to see them play for a state championship. Corbin like Williamsburg is loaded with talent in this class. Which team will grow up to be the best Varsity is yet to be seen. We as fans should pressure our schools to make this game happen. Unfortunately (for us Corbin fans) tIhe Corbin domination of football is this area is over and has been for a while. Lets learn to support each other and enjoy great competition.

I think Williamsburg has 6 of Corbin's state middle school team.
SEKYFAN Wrote:I don't believe you will see these 2 play before Sizemore graduates. Coach Jewell probably made a mistake in not welcoming Sizemore and giving him a shot at the starting QB job when he moved back to Corbin before his sophomore year.

Looks like Williamsburg will have a Sizemore for a while, Daltons younger brother was the starting qb at the middle school this year as a 7th grader, and is a very impressive player looks to be about 6' with a thick body.
This should solve the the number of Wburg players that played at Corbin.
This is the roster from this past season....

40 Carter Berryhill Off: FB, Def: LB Fr.
5 Brently Patrick Off: K, Def: K So.
50 Ryan Caddell Off: OL, Def: LB So.
25 Jefferson Patrick Off: FB, Def: LB So.
62 Zach Culver Off: OL, Def: DL Jr.
31 Alex Patterson Off: WR, Def: DB Fr.
55 Dakota Dunn Off: OL, Def: DL Fr.
52 Luke Perry Off: OL,Def: DL, Jr.
45 Nate Gibson Off: WR, Def: DB Fr.
20 Micah Purdie Off: WR, Def: DB Sr.
3 Andrew Griffith Off: WR, Def: LB Fr.
13 Noah Purdie Off: WR, Def: DB Fr.
14 Skyler Griffith Off: QB, Def: DB So.
81 Tanner Rains Off: WR, Def: DB Fr.
15 Logan Hamblin Off: QB, Def: LB Sr.
11 Michael Rose-Creekmore Off: WR, Def: LB So.
64 Mikey Hamblin Off: OL,Def: DL, Sr.
55 Chris Sawyers Off: OL,Def: LB, Sr.
60 Chris Helton Off: OL, Def: DL So.
36 Dalton Shackleford Off: FB, Def: LB Fr.
57 Stone Hughett Off: OL, Def: LB Fr.
23 Corey Shelton Off: WR, Def: DB So.
7 Austin Huskey Off: FB, Def: LB Fr.
16 Dalton Sizemore Off: QB, Def: DB Jr.
78 Jacob Jeffers Off: OL,Def: DL, Sr.
65 Zach Smith Off: OL, Def: DL Fr.
75 Collin Lamoree Off: OL, Def: DL So.
70 Justin Solis Off: OL, Def: DL Fr.
51 Clayton Lowe Off: OL, Def: DL Jr.
66 Bob Sulfridge Off: OL, Def: DL Fr.
21 Chase Lowrie Off: FB, Def: LB So.
35 Justin Taylor Off: WR, Def: DB Fr.
76 Dakota Loy Off: OL,Def: DL, Sr.
27 Justin Taylor Off: WR, Def: DB So.
22 Matthew Mattingly Off: WR, Def: DB Fr.
77 Tyler Taylor Off: OL,Def: DL, Jr.
61 Tommy Nguyen Off: OL,Def: DL, Jr.
68 Lee Jay York Off: OL, Def: DL Jr.
8 Jordan Osborne Off: WR, Def: DB Fr.
johnnyd Wrote:I think Williamsburg has 6 of Corbin's state middle school team.

just maybe corbin had 6 of williamsburg middle school player who cares. :Sad04::Sad04::Sad04:
the kids from Williamsburg gave a passing game lesson at the nuc combine.
Im sorry, but i just cant feel sorry for Corbin for losing players to wburg when they consistently ripped players from the county for years.

I dont like the fact that Wburg is opening up there arms, but what are you going to do when the KHSAA's transfer rules are innefective.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im sorry, but i just cant feel sorry for Corbin for losing players to wburg when they consistently ripped players from the county for years.

I dont like the fact that Wburg is opening up there arms, but what are you going to do when the KHSAA's transfer rules are innefective.

It happens everywhere. Corbin loses players to Whitley, Lynn Camp, etc all the time. You just don't hear much about because we don't gripe about it.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im sorry, but i just cant feel sorry for Corbin for losing players to wburg when they consistently ripped players from the county for years.

Why in the world are there transfer rules in place in high school anyway? A kid should be able to go where they want. If there is a better oppurtunity somewhere else, wouldn't you want kids to be able to take advantage. Most kids really do not care about what school they are playing at, they just want to have fun and have a good experience. I want as many kids as possible to be able to play and have a good time. Sometimes kids transfer just so they will get some playing time, what is wrong with that. If it was a situation like college where kids get 5 years to play 4 seasons, I could see instituting a transfer rule. The fact is kids get only four years, and if we were truley putting kids first we wouldn't want to take away from their time to play.
BDC Wrote:Why in the world are there transfer rules in place in high school anyway? A kid should be able to go where they want. If there is a better oppurtunity somewhere else, wouldn't you want kids to be able to take advantage. Most kids really do not care about what school they are playing at, they just want to have fun and have a good experience. I want as many kids as possible to be able to play and have a good time. Sometimes kids transfer just so they will get some playing time, what is wrong with that. If it was a situation like college where kids get 5 years to play 4 seasons, I could see instituting a transfer rule. The fact is kids get only four years, and if we were truley putting kids first we wouldn't want to take away from their time to play.

A lot of jobs, SEEK funding on on the line to keep kids at the schools that they start at. Losing 25 kids at a school cuts a teacher at most schools. It would be armageddon for some schools that are more successful within city's or counties with multiple schools. Some schools would become essentially minor league schools for other programs that are traditional winners. As one talented class of seniors leave, kids from surrounding areas would move to the school decimating the school they are leaving. There would be nothing to stop this without a transfer rule. It happens regularly now but the scale at which kids would transfer back and forth would be nuts within cities counties with multiple schools. While this might be good for a select few kids who have the means to drive/ move around it would however be determintal to a poor kid who cannot change schools. How is this fair. Should we just drive kids wherever they want to go? You have to understand that some kids do not have the parental backing to not make a rash decision when things dont go their kids way. It would be utter chaos.
BDC Wrote:Why in the world are there transfer rules in place in high school anyway? A kid should be able to go where they want. If there is a better oppurtunity somewhere else, wouldn't you want kids to be able to take advantage. Most kids really do not care about what school they are playing at, they just want to have fun and have a good experience. I want as many kids as possible to be able to play and have a good time. Sometimes kids transfer just so they will get some playing time, what is wrong with that. If it was a situation like college where kids get 5 years to play 4 seasons, I could see instituting a transfer rule. The fact is kids get only four years, and if we were truley putting kids first we wouldn't want to take away from their time to play.

Im fine with going whereever you want to start school.
But, when your losing kids in the eighth grade and even up in there sophomore and junior years then its not right.
Doesnt really happen anymore.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im fine with going whereever you want to start school.
But, when your losing kids in the eighth grade and even up in there sophomore and junior years then its not right.
Doesnt really happen anymore.

It still happens. Corbin had a kid who transferred earlier this year(2013) and then pitched against his old teammates a few weeks later in a district game.
SEKYFAN Wrote:It still happens. Corbin had a kid who transferred earlier this year(2013) and then pitched against his old teammates a few weeks later in a district game.

I was referring to kids going to Corbin, not leaving.
For those of you who keep insisting that scheduling has nothing to do with how the teams perform. I want you to chew on this bit of information. First if you listen to most of your pro atheletes and commentators speak, they will always tell you about adjusting to the speed of the game. If you are playing weaker teams, you will not see the speed of the game change much from that of practice. If you play all small schools there is another couple things you dont think about. First is the fact that the bigger schools have more atheletes with speed and size, therefore you don't just have one or two players to watch out for. Next is the fact that money plays into this. For the most part, the bigger schools can afford to pay more money to get a higher calibre coach, unless you have a coach that is dedicated to your school and wont leave. Therefore, you have not only the fact that you have more atheletes to scheme for, you had a better coach in most cases, on the opposite sideline to counteract. The following is an example of the schedule that you should try to emulate:

Class A State Champs 2012 schedule

1) at Warren Central 5a 11-2 lost in 3rd round to state champs
2) Madisonville North Hopkins 4a 7-5 lost in 2nd round
3) Paducah Tilghman 3a 8-4 lost in 2nd round
4) Murray 2a 10-3 lost in 3rd round
5) Graves Co 5a 9-3 lost in 2nd round
6) Marshall Co 6a 5-6 lost in 1st round
7) Fulton City 1a 1-10 lost in 1st round
8) Fulton Co 1a 1-9 lost in 1st round
9) Russellville 1a 8-4 lost in 2nd round
10) Caldwell Co 2a 11-4 class 2a state runners up

2013 schedule

1) Fort Campbell 3a 9-3 lost in 3rd round
2) McCracken Co 6a first year, should be top 5 in 6a
3) Paducah Tilghman 3a 8-4 lost in 2nd round
4) Murray 2a 10-3 lost in 3rd round
5) Graves Co 5a 9-3 lost in 2nd round
6) Marshall Co 6a 5-6 lost in 1st round
7) Fulton City 1a 1-10 lost in 1st round
8) Fulton Co 1a 1-9 lost in 1st round
9) Russellville 1a 8-4 lost in 2nd round
10) Caldwell Co 2a 11-4 class 2a state runners up
:notbad:you can talk the talk but sadly :Sad04:you can back it up mysoniss55 our schedule is a little tougher so hazard bulldog see you soon in williamsburg Confusedmoke:
I'll be over to watch the Burg this year, Should be very good. Dalton should have another Great Year. They are the team to beat in the East.
williamsburg has good numbers out lifting and Sizemore is one of if not the strongest qb's in the state
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7