Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Williamsburg 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
this 22013 Williamsburg team is fast all the way across the board.
Wburg better put all the right things together this year.
This is a senior dominated team. I think theres only 7 or 8 but thats still a lot of seniors for Wburg.

I think a 8-2 regular season at worst with 10-0 not being impossible.
Very possible that they get over the hump and win regio this year.
Skys the limit. should be a fun year to watch.
There may be 7-8 seniors on this team, but only 3 maybe 4 will see any significant playing time. Now one of them will be the QB and the rest linemen so they will be missed after they leave, but this will be a junior dominated team.
Most of the top guys will be juniors — Griffith, Shelton, Helton, Patrick, Creekmore...
I think Williamsburg will win the region this year.
HDE Wrote:Most of the top guys will be juniors — Griffith, Shelton, Helton, Patrick, Creekmore...
I think Williamsburg will win the region this year.

Agreed. Actually a decent region to be in this year. W'burg just needs to avoid a district upset (unlikely with Lynn Camp/Berea/Campbellsville). If they can, they will likely get the usual Jenkins win in Round 1, followed by a fairly easy Round 2 win at home over Harlan or Pineville (no offense to them, but both lost a lot of seniors), and then they would get Hazard at home (2013 goes to the odd District 5). Should be favored for a regional crown. Only downside is W'burg must count on their non-district schedule to prepare them for the semi-finals and/or Bowling Green due to the somewhat lesser Class A competition (Region 3 to be pretty down this year I think outside of W'burg and Hazard).
W'burg wins Region this year.
the A team Wrote:this 22013 Williamsburg team is fast all the way across the board.

Ask Fairview about fast across the board. I look forward to the new season.:Thumbs:
Anything less than a region would be a huge dissapointment for Wburg this year IMO.
I guess all of those good middle school players will be juniors this coming year?
For the next two years, they should be the favorites to win that region then.

This season is there best chance though, IMO, solid in almost every position. There not Mayfield solid, but there definitely the favorite of this region i would think.
It all starts with great coaching. I have heard they have a lot of talent. The last time I heard this much talk about a great qb from a team that I hadn't heard much out of in the past, we lost to a very talented Hancock Co team at home.
I think you say the 2 Patrick boys(twins) were both on the CMS state winning team!
Williamsburg will probably start 4 Juniors up front. Their two best be receivers will be juniors. Patrick and Lowery were their best running backs backs last year and they are juniors. Sizemore will be a senior. The two inside receivers will more than likely be juniors or sophomores. They have some good senior linemen who will play big roles. But outside of Sizemore this will be a junior and sophomore dominated team. Scheduling will be tough again next year.
The week 1 bowl at South Laurel will put Williamsburg against a very good North Laurel team.
hoops_town Wrote:The week 1 bowl at South Laurel will put Williamsburg against a very good North Laurel team.

Confusednicker: this will be a good game for williamsburg an north but williamsburg winsConfusedmoke:
^
North Laurel improved a lot last year.
If Larkey can figure out how to stop the pass and keep Sizemore from getting outside, it should be a good ball game.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
North Laurel improved a lot last year.
If Larkey can figure out how to stop the pass and keep Sizemore from getting outside, it should be a good ball game.

:Shaking: lets see if larkey can figure out how to stop the pass.we will let patrick an lowrie run around them jaguar.and if they can keep sizemore from getting outside griffith,shelton an huskey will catch around 10 passes each.and it will be a good ball game RIUTG
64SUR Wrote::Shaking: lets see if larkey can figure out how to stop the pass.we will let patrick an lowrie run around them jaguar.and if they can keep sizemore from getting outside griffith,shelton an huskey will catch around 10 passes each.and it will be a good ball game RIUTG

How good will the Williamsburg defense be?
64SUR Wrote::Shaking: lets see if larkey can figure out how to stop the pass.we will let patrick an lowrie run around them jaguar.and if they can keep sizemore from getting outside griffith,shelton an huskey will catch around 10 passes each.and it will be a good ball game RIUTG

Gees you guys must be unstoppable. I don't see how anyone can hang with you.
HAT51 Wrote:How good will the Williamsburg defense be?

The defense will be just like like last year fast, hard hitting with shutdown backs. They return the interception leader and leading tackler and added several talted players in the backfield. on the line they will be solid and i feel sorry for anyone who gets in the way of helton he is 6'3 300+ lbs and runs a sub 5 forty.
One thing is for sure, if they don't win state this year we will have to all plan to be at visitation for 64. His old heart will stop. I wonder if the head stone will read "you just got served"
Wow look everyone, another Williamsburg site.
mysonis55 Wrote:Wow look everyone, another Williamsburg site.

We welcome all football fans to this site.we love our football teams and surrounding teams and eastern Kentucky teams :notbad:
the A team Wrote:The defense will be just like like last year fast, hard hitting with shutdown backs. They return the interception leader and leading tackler and added several talted players in the backfield. on the line they will be solid and i feel sorry for anyone who gets in the way of helton he is 6'3 300+ lbs and runs a sub 5 forty.

Does the big boy have any big offers? If he can move as well as you say then D1 schools will be lining up for him. I've spoken to several big coaches at clinics I've attended. Said they recruit size, speed, and strength...they can teach you to play football. Hope it works out for him.
the A team Wrote:add knoxville halls week 0

What was Knoxville halls record last year and are they any good
Does the Sizemore have any offers?
Halls High in Tenn is a 5A school and plays A very tough schedule I doubt Williamsburg with all it's tallent will avoid getting embarrased however this game will make the jackets a better team.
Halls will be a tough game.
I dont know if Wburg will play anyone near that level the rest of the year.
Full deck Wrote:What was Knoxville halls record last year and are they any good

They were 1-9 last year, but did play a lot of good teams. Knox Central beat them by 20 late in the year.
SEKYFAN Wrote:They were 1-9 last year, but did play a lot of good teams. Knox Central beat them by 20 late in the year.

Knox Central (KY) beat Karns 14-7 last year. Karns was Halls only win.
SEKYFAN Wrote:They were 1-9 last year, but did play a lot of good teams. Knox Central beat them by 20 late in the year.

:howdy: i was at that game and knox central score late in the game to win 14-7.big win for knox.don't no where you get this 20 late in the year SEKYFAN it's was a h### of a game and a kentucky win over a tenn teams.Confusedmoke:
64SUR Wrote::howdy: i was at that game and knox central score late in the game to win 14-7.big win for knox.don't no where you get this 20 late in the year SEKYFAN it's was a h### of a game and a kentucky win over a tenn teams.Confusedmoke:
I'm sorry, it was Knoxville Central who beat Halls by 20.

This game should be a good test for Williamsburg.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7