Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 57th "Draw"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Okay folks...
Paintsville drew Magoffin
SCHS -vs- LCHS with winner playing JCHS and that winner playing PHS or MCHS in the final. Any thoughts... oh yeah, they voted on the format for next year and again... "drawing" will be the method of determination.Rolleyes But I guess one has to :Clap: some schools dogged determination to continue such a process.
MAN! Looks like a tough bracket for SCHS, LCHS & JCHS. PHS still has to play MCHS though, You never know. BUT, No matter what the 57th will be well represented. Good Luck to all and hope to see ya there! When and what time do the games start?
Well, I don't know times... I thought I was doing well to post the "draw"!
You did Great! Appreciate the info! BUT, Next time find out everything! LOL!!!
Thanks!
Monday, May 22nd 6pm @ Inez LCHS takes on SCHS
Tuesday, May 23rd 5:30pm PHS takes on MCHS, followed by JCHS and Monday's winner
Finals, Thursday @ 6pm.
:Thumbs: :kneel: :worthy: :notworthy

You got it going on!!
Worst possible scenario for my cards. i hope we can make it to the finals...it will be a tough go.
SC and LC got what they deserved I hope they draw each other every year.
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:SC and LC got what they deserved I hope they draw each other every year.

And hopefully it will be the 4 and 5 game so they will have to play an extra game every year.:rockon:
corndog23 Wrote:Worst possible scenario for my cards. i hope we can make it to the finals...it will be a tough go.
Just shows how much confidence your coach has in his players. If I were the players of Sheldon Clark High School I would be ashamed and embarrassed. Your coach is the very reason that why you got the draw you got. Shame on Randy Keeton for having a yellow streak as well.
Well it sounds like someone other than Sheldon Clark or Lawrence Co is the ones that are a little scared to face LC or SC, but if I here you call a coach again by name and then call him yellow or what ever else you will be doing from the outside and then we will see who is yellow.
Batpuff Wrote:Well it sounds like someone other than Sheldon Clark or Lawrence Co is the ones that are a little scared to face LC or SC, but if I here you call a coach again by name and then call him yellow or what ever else you will be doing from the outside and then we will see who is yellow.
What else would you call it Batpuff?

I bet if the comment was made about someone other than a coach that was at Lawrence Co. , you would not have even responded , would you? There is an obvious bias in the tone of your post. I thought this was a forum where honest opinions could be expressed, without fear of being scrutinized by someone who just doesn't want their own criticized. Come on now he is wrong and you know he is wrong. Please dont use your position to censor a statement that was in this instance very true and justifiable just because he is the coach of the school that you root for. That's just not right.

The only thing that everybody wants is for Hall and Keeton is to do the right thing and to seed based on regular season performance. I think that you see that those wishes is overwhelming by just about every poster.
bigcountry Wrote:What else would you call it Batpuff?

I bet if the comment was made about someone other than a coach that was at Lawrence Co. , you would not have even responded , would you? There is an obvious bias in the tone of your post. I thought this was a forum where honest opinions could be expressed, without fear of being scrutinized by someone who just doesn't want their own criticized. Come on now he is wrong and you know he is wrong. Please dont use your position to censor a statement that was in this instance very true and justifiable just because he is the coach of the school that you root for. That's just not right.

The only thing that everybody wants is for Hall and Keeton is to do the right thing and to seed based on regular season performance. I think that you see that those wishes is overwhelming by just about every poster.

To be honest I could careless if it was seeded or by Draw. And yes you can say what you want but when you start calling players and coaches out by name and then call them names it stops there, that is for everyone not jus the LC coaches as you're trying to say. And I think that I have gotten on to everyone that has done that in here and even gotten rid of a few who didnt know how to follow the rules.

And to be honest you are the only one that has said that it should have changed I havent seen anyone else say anything, sounds like they are scared of SC and LC. But wouldnt you have it that the two best teams in the district drew each other. So why is every complaining as you say.
[QUOTE=Batpuff] And I think that I have gotten on to everyone that has done that in here and even gotten rid of a few who didnt know how to follow the rules.

QUOTE]
Is it againt the rules to say a coach i scared to seed???
I am with you Bigcountry. Seeding for the district should be mandated by the KHSAA, but since its not, you have to look at the coaches. For years now, MC and SC have been the 2 to vote against seeding, and now it appears LC is going to follow suit. You would think that after having to play Boyd Co. a few years in the first round of the district, LC would be begging to seed, but they aren't.
Batpuff Wrote:To be honest I could careless if it was seeded or by Draw. And yes you can say what you want but when you start calling players and coaches out by name and then call them names it stops there, that is for everyone not jus the LC coaches as you're trying to say. And I think that I have gotten on to everyone that has done that in here and even gotten rid of a few who didnt know how to follow the rules.

And to be honest you are the only one that has said that it should have changed I havent seen anyone else say anything, sounds like they are scared of SC and LC. But wouldnt you have it that the two best teams in the district drew each other. So why is every complaining as you say.
Batpuff you are way to close to this discussion to make anything other than an unbiased comment. Your statement saying that you could care less whether they seed or draw says volumes about your own apathy towards seeing that your very own school and it's players receive the best possible opportunity to represent their school at Applebees. You must not have read the two previous posts before my original post to see other examples of what I stated. Those who work hard their whole lives and value fairness CARE. You should be just as ashamed to get on here and make those comments just as Coach Keeton should be ashamed in striking his vote to draw. You can praise Randy Keeton for many things but this one issue should be an embarrassment to all associated with the Lawrence County School system and if I were a fan, parent , or player at Lawrence Co. I would be outraged. For two staight years Lawrence Co. has had one of the top two teams in the 16th region, and have had to play the other top two team in the opening round of the 64th district. Both times Lawrence fell and had to spend the rest of the season at home listening to the radio. Kids like Michael Compton and Steve Blevins who have worked their tails off their whole lives should not have had that done to them. This same scenerio has happened way to many times in the 57th district over the years. All it does is make a mockery out of the procedure of busting your tail in practice every day and trying to put the best possible team on the field come game day. It is disgusting to me to have to see coaches just gamble on getting that lucky draw, than actually having to work for something to recieve the benefits. Purely disgusting and a very poor example being set forth for the kids IMO. That to me says volumes about the internal makeup of some of these coaches.

I assure you that nobody that chooses to vote to play based on their merits are afraid to face anybody. It's just a shame that you have acts of cowardice that negate a kids hard work. Do you understand now where I am coming from?
fox sports Wrote:[QUOTE=Batpuff] And I think that I have gotten on to everyone that has done that in here and even gotten rid of a few who didnt know how to follow the rules.

QUOTE]
Is it againt the rules to say a coach i scared to seed???

Well i'm not saying that but i am saying not to call a coach out by name and then call him a name. And its just like I stated above, it doesnt matter which coach it was its not correct to call anyone names on here and to call them out just as if it were a player its not correct.
Batpuff Wrote:[QUOTE=fox sports]

Well i'm not saying that but i am saying not to call a coach out by name and then call him a name. And its just like I stated above, it doesnt matter which coach it was its not correct to call anyone names on here and to call them out just as if it were a player its not correct.
The word I said was used to descibe an action that was taken by someone else. Mentioning the name of the person has no relevance to award your criticism of my post. It was a fair an honest appraisal of the action that he chose to do. I think everybody else on here can clearly see the intended usage of the wording. Again I plead, that if it had been a coach of another school, you would have never said a word, IMO.
bigcountry Wrote:Batpuff you are way to close to this discussion to make anything other than an unbiased comment. Your statement saying that you could care less whether they seed or draw says volumes about your own apathy towards seeing that your very own school and it's players receive the best possible opportunity to represent their school at Applebees. You must not have read the two previous posts before my original post to see other examples of what I stated. Those who work hard their whole lives and value fairness CARE. You should be just as ashamed to get on here and make those comments just as Coach Keeton should be ashamed in striking his vote to draw. You can praise Randy Keeton for many things but this one issue should be an embarrassment to all associated with the Lawrence County School system and if I were a fan, parent , or player at Lawrence Co. I would be outraged. For two staight years Lawrence Co. has had one of the top two teams in the 16th region, and have had to play the other top two team in the opening round of the 64th district. Both times Lawrence fell and had to spend the rest of the season at home listening to the radio. Kids like Michael Compton and Steve Blevins who have worked their tails off their whole lives should not have had that done to them. This same scenerio has happened way to many times in the 57th district over the years. All it does is make a mockery out of the procedure of busting your tail in practice every day and trying to put the best possible team on the field come game day. It is disgusting to me to have to see coaches just gamble on getting that lucky draw, than actually having to work for something to recieve the benefits. Purely disgusting and a very poor example being set forth for the kids IMO. That to me says volumes about the internal makeup of some of these coaches.

I assure you that nobody that chooses to vote to play based on their merits are afraid to face anybody. It's just a shame that you have acts of cowardice that negate a kids hard work. Do you understand now where I am coming from?

And no i am not close to the situation, And I could care less either way on seed or draw, its just like you said when we were playing in the 16th we had to play either Ashland or Boyd Co. every year. If coach Keeton didnt have all the confidence in the world that his team could play with who ever then I he probably wouldnt have taken the chance on a blind draw. But you can argue this point all day long and there are several views on this issuse that has been pounded in the ground for years by several including the player and Coaches. And yes its ashame to see kids like the two you mentioned have to set at home and listen to the game on the radio. But we are not the coaches and they make the choices. I agree the KHSAA has to do something, either all districts have to be seeded or they all have to be draw. They should'nt be any other way, to see some districts seeded and others by draw i will never figure it out. All I was trying to get across was not to call a coach or player out by name and then call him a name. And No its not just Lawrence Co that I am about, its about all the players and coaches that I dont like to seen called out by name and then called a name. If I offened you in anyway I am sorry. But I stand by what I say when it comes to calling someone out by name just to call them a name.
BIG COUNTRY. YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY "DEAD ON", CORRECT ON THIS MATTER! Thank you & well put in every post!
Batpuff Wrote:And no i am not close to the situation, And I could care less either way on seed or draw, its just like you said when we were playing in the 16th we had to play either Ashland or Boyd Co. every year. If coach Keeton didnt have all the confidence in the world that his team could play with who ever then I he probably wouldnt have taken the chance on a blind draw. But you can argue this point all day long and there are several views on this issuse that has been pounded in the ground for years by several including the player and Coaches. And yes its ashame to see kids like the two you mentioned have to set at home and listen to the game on the radio. But we are not the coaches and they make the choices. I agree the KHSAA has to do something, either all districts have to be seeded or they all have to be draw. They should'nt be any other way, to see some districts seeded and others by draw i will never figure it out. All I was trying to get across was not to call a coach or player out by name and then call him a name. And No its not just Lawrence Co that I am about, its about all the players and coaches that I dont like to seen called out by name and then called a name. If I offened you in anyway I am sorry. But I stand by what I say when it comes to calling someone out by name just to call them a name.
I did not call any body out and call them a name. I said that the action showed a streak of yellow, and by that I stand also. He is the coach and was the one that made his decision to do what he did. Who was I supposed to say made the decision? The janitor or the bus driver? Or possibly make up a fictitious name? When you are the one to where the buck stops at , then that means that you are the one that is required to take the blunt of the criticism. That is just the consequence of claiming the title of head coach and decision maker for the program.
IISnakE Wrote:BIG COUNTRY. YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY "DEAD ON", CORRECT ON THIS MATTER! Thank you & well put in every post!
Thank you, but my posts represent nothing more than just the general concensus of anyone who values fairness and the reward for hard work.
bigcountry Wrote:Thank you, but my posts represent nothing more than just the general concensus of anyone who values fairness and the reward for hard work.
:thumpsup: Point well taken. I also know that several people would agree with your statements in all aspects. I also know that names and comments have been mentioned in the past with no repercussions to the person making the comment.
I'm not sure how anyone could be upset this year with how the draw went. The three teams that voted to draw got the worst of it BY FAR. As for drawing next year, you have to give those coaches the benefit of the doubt in that they were doing what they believe gives them the best opportunity to move on to the region. To me, that would be considered looking out for their teams' best interests.
bigcountry Wrote:Thank you, but my posts represent nothing more than just the general concensus of anyone who values fairness and the reward for hard work.

And that's exactly how I took it... and was in agreement with you. I also appreciated your last post in this thread.

I did not call any body out and call them a name. I said that the action showed a streak of yellow, and by that I stand also. He is the coach and was the one that made his decision to do what he did. Who was I supposed to say made the decision? The janitor or the bus driver? Or possibly make up a fictitious name? When you are the one to where the buck stops at , then that means that you are the one that is required to take the blunt of the criticism. That is just the consequence of claiming the title of head coach and decision maker for the program.
Trotline Wrote:I'm not sure how anyone could be upset this year with how the draw went. The three teams that voted to draw got the worst of it BY FAR. As for drawing next year, you have to give those coaches the benefit of the doubt in that they were doing what they believe gives them the best opportunity to move on to the region. To me, that would be considered looking out for their teams' best interests.
I agree with you that it's of my opinion that that is how the draw turned out as well this year, BUT,and I cant emphasis BUT enough that it is a shame that it has to be done in a blind draw. As far as Lawrence Co., they have everyone back next year, so to me it makes no sence to me at all to draw, absolutely zero. That's really looking out for their best interests trotline, they have not earned the right to have a benefit of a doubt directed their way. Wait and see some deserving team will have to sit out of the regional tournament again next year because of the coach at Lawrence Co. and at Martin Co. Some deserving kids will once again get the shaft. We'll not even bring Magoffin into this , because it's not even worth bringing them up. They want respect and cry about not getting it all the time,but they will do nothing at all to earn it, so I doubt that you will ever see any directed that way. It's all a disgrace in the manner the regional representatives process is determined in this district.
Well......I am just tickled at the draw!!
The Guru Wrote:Well......I am just tickled at the draw!!
I guess you are.
rooster Wrote:I guess you are.

:letsparty :lmao: :Clap:
rooster Wrote:I agree with you that it's of my opinion that that is how the draw turned out as well this year, BUT,and I cant emphasis BUT enough that it is a shame that it has to be done in a blind draw. As far as Lawrence Co., they have everyone back next year, so to me it makes no sence to me at all to draw, absolutely zero. That's really looking out for their best interests trotline, they have not earned the right to have a benefit of a doubt directed their way. Wait and see some deserving team will have to sit out of the regional tournament again next year because of the coach at Lawrence Co. and at Martin Co. Some deserving kids will once again get the shaft. We'll not even bring Magoffin into this , because it's not even worth bringing them up. They want respect and cry about not getting it all the time,but they will do nothing at all to earn it, so I doubt that you will ever see any directed that way. It's all a disgrace in the manner the regional representatives process is determined in this district.

There are always deserving kids sitting at home, Know matter how you have it, there are always going to be kids that shouldnt be home sitting there and say man that should have been us there instead.
Pages: 1 2 3