Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 57th "Draw"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Sports Fan Wrote:You might want to check out the new field info for Sheldon Clark. Last I heard it was a no go AGAIN. That field has been talked about for the last 5 years. Everyone had high hopes this time around. You would think the county would want it's parks and fields looking their best and it election year. The little league or Cal Ripkin league teams need a place to play as well as the high school baseball and softball teams.
I haven't heard about it being a no go but I know they have been giving money for a new baseball field and a girls softball field from what i hear has to be done.
corndog23 Wrote:Let me just say that the coaches make the decision to draw because they fell like that is what is best for their team. Why else would they do it? Seriously, why would you vote for something that would not help your team?? it is in their best interests, so they do it. The folks from JC and Paintsville just cannot understand that. You can get on here and whine and complain all you want but nothing will change because of it. Coach Hall will not change his way of thinking because some dude named Snake thinks hes a yellow belly, which he is not by the way, not by a long shot. If you ask me, Pville should be overjoyed and they should keep their mouth shut about the draw this year. had we seeded, You would be in a WORLD of hurt...

If we seeded, yes it would have been different, but we will never know. We didn't play LC this year, if we seeded we would have.

So since your beloved coach has elected to draw next year, I guess he is hoping to get as easy as a draw as possible because he must believe his players will not be good enough to play themselves into the best position in the tournament. That shows alot of confidence in your players!!:lmao:

I promise you, the teams from Johnson County (JC & PHS) would not complain if their play had them end up in the 4th or 5th seed. Yes we would be devestated, but we are big enough to accept it. All we're asking is for you to let the kids decide it during the regular season. Show pride in your program!! Your players deserve it!:Cheerlead
jchsrulz Wrote:If we seeded, yes it would have been different, but we will never know. We didn't play LC this year, if we seeded we would have.

So since your beloved coach has elected to draw next year, I guess he is hoping to get as easy as a draw as possible because he must believe his players will not be good enough to play themselves into the best position in the tournament. That shows alot of confidence in your players!!:lmao:

I promise you, the teams from Johnson County (JC & PHS) would not complain if their play had them end up in the 4th or 5th seed. Yes we would be devestated, but we are big enough to accept it. All we're asking is for you to let the kids decide it during the regular season. Show pride in your program!! Your players deserve it!:Cheerlead
You tryin to say SC has no pride in its program??? you gonna sit here and bad mouth us because you disagree with how we do things??? my friend that is just not smart... truly classless to degrade a team, school, city,and county because you disagree...but hey, what should i expect from a johnson countian...
rooster Wrote:Yes I've been there, and I have certainly seen a lot worse than at Sheldon Clark. Go to any field in Floyd County. Like I said a lot of little things like raking and tamping a little dirt back in the holes in the mound and raking a little dirt back in the holes at the plate does not require anything of a budget. It only takes just a few minutes of effort. It just takes a little pride by the players and whomever is running the show to do just little tiny minor things. I just think it's an easy excuse to blame stuff like that on someone else, when in my opinion that should be the players job to begin with. Go to any college field and most high school fields. It is the players that do the field maintenance work. I know you cant help the things like the sewer plant being next door, but you can at least make the field safe to play on for the players, ESPECIALLY FOR YOURSELVES. If you all just want to sit and wait for someone to do something for you, then chances are you never have anything.

I don't understand how you can sit and question the pride that Sheldon Clark takes in their team. I disagree wholeheartedly about maintaining the field being the players responisibility. The players responsibility is to practice hard and play hard. Nowhere did they agree to maintain their baseball field that their home county obligated themselves for that job. I don't think its the player and coaches pride that is in question my friend, I think its the county's pride in their school and team.
corndog23 Wrote:You tryin to say SC has no pride in its program??? you gonna sit here and bad mouth us because you disagree with how we do things??? my friend that is just not smart... truly classless to degrade a team, school, city,and county because you disagree...but hey, what should i expect from a johnson countian...

:igiveup: Whoah big guy, I didn't say that YOU didn't have pride in your program, your posts on here back that up. I mistyped the last sentence when I said typed you, when I meant the coach and the administration for voting to draw.

If they had voted to seed this year, they probably would have been better off. And next year they have already sent the message that "chances are they will finish 4th or 5th, so let's better our chances by drawing." I just don't agree with that, I feel SCHS has a great program that can hold their own year in year out. I think the coach and administration should let the kids earn their placement.

Once again I am sorry if you don't agree with me, but that is what makes this forum great, opinions are like :moon: , everyone has them! You fans are some of the best, but just like at every school, you have a few that ruin it for the rest. I can tell by most of your posts that there is some resentment towards Johnson County.
This thread has ran its course. Bye Bye.
Pages: 1 2 3