Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ Sheldon Clark 9/21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thoughts and predictions.
Belfry wins big.
Good for a quarter...then Belfry will do whatever they want...Pirates by 4 T.D.'s
Winner has the inside path for homefield advantage throughout the playoffs.

SC scraps for a while, but Belfry pulls away in the 3rd:

Belfry 46
SC 14
Belfry will win this one big as well. They seem to be on a roll right now. Defense really stepped up against Pikeville. Robinson w/ 4 pics by hisself And i belive the Pirates had 5 all together. Best pass defense I have seen in a while. If they play like that the rest of the season and continue to stop the run, they will be back in Bowling Green. 48-14 the final score.
I assume Z. Taylor went back into the starting lineup this past week at Pikeville. Where did he play?

Sheldon Clark has given up points to everyone they have played. I think Belfry will be able to control the LOS and move the ball at will. It will be interesting to see if Sheldon Clark's offense can put some pressure on the Pirates D. It seems like the coaches are still figuring out where to play certain guys. This past Friday Austin Hatfield moved to OLB and Timmy May played down at DT.

One of the things this Belfry team has going for it is so many quality guys who can play. Assuming Z. Taylor replaced Joey Duty on the o-line, that means there will only be 3 full time offensive players who also play D. Being able to 2 platoon in 3A is a luxury. Also, tons of guys have seen quality time on the D-line -- Barnes, Duty, May, H. Hatfield, #16, #30, and #56 have all been in there alot. Love being able to rotate so many guys and stay fresh.

I was telling a guy I work with the other day, all 5 offensive lineman for Belfry only play offense (assuming Taylor steps in for Duty). That is such a luxury IMO.

Belfry - 55
Sheldon Clark - 14
Belfry rolls
Belfry 42

Sheldon Clark 20
I recall an autumn night back in 2006 when the Pirates traveled to the rock. SC with the upset here.
Real Badman Wrote:I recall an autumn night back in 2006 when the Pirates traveled to the rock. SC with the upset here.
:please::lmao:
I seen some of the S.C. an P.C.C an the workman kid can play some ball an i'f sani is out it will put alot of pressure on the back up(taylor kid i think).. Tight game till
halftime then the pirates roll...46-21!!!!
pirate_time Wrote:I seen some of the S.C. an P.C.C an the workman kid can play some ball an i'f sani is out it will put alot of pressure on the back up(taylor kid i think).. Tight game till
halftime then the pirates roll...46-21!!!!
I dont think he will be under a lot of pressure. He ran the offense pretty good against pikeville. He will be alright.
skully03 Wrote:Belfry will win this one big as well. They seem to be on a roll right now. Defense really stepped up against Pikeville. Robinson w/ 4 pics by hisself And i belive the Pirates had 5 all together. Best pass defense I have seen in a while. If they play like that the rest of the season and continue to stop the run, they will be back in Bowling Green. 48-14 the final score.

It wasn't good pass defense, it was poor throws downfield by Pikeville's freshman QB. There were open receivers and the QB had burned Belfry several times on short passes. Our pass defense stinks, plain and simple.

We still had tackling problem early on too. This is not a good tackling team right now.

Plenty to work on for the Pirate D. Unfortunately, we have two weak opponents in a row and if we don't improve Ashland will hurt us when we travel there.
Real Badman Wrote:I recall an autumn night back in 2006 when the Pirates traveled to the rock. SC with the upset here.

this will be an autumn night in 2012,BUT WONT have same results...:thatsfunn
mccameraman Wrote:belfry wins big.

Ditto!
belfrys defense is so slow off the ball.they gave up 5+yards alot.
pikeville moved the ball but turnovers killed them.

sc will play with belfry frist half.final score 46to20
Belfry 56
SC 14
Belfry definately has the tendency to let some guys get behind them in the secondary. Usually it isn't a big deal thought because the guys up front have done a nice job getting pressure on the QB or at least making him move around and forcing bad throws.

If a team can keep a clean pocket and develop deep routes, Belfry is prone to give up the big play. IMO, our safeties should play with the golden rule of "let no one behind you" in mind.
J Duty plays Tackle. Z Taylor plays guard. T Willis took Taylors spot until he gets better.
Sani could have played Friday, Coach just chose not to play him just in case. Zach Taylor did not dress Friday, but I'm not sure if he's not ready to go or just took another week to take it easy before the district stretch. Francisco also did not dress. Timmy May played DT because Hayden Hatfield is out. He was in a car accident and has a ton of stitches in his back.
I would have never dreamed Taylor and Fransisco had such serious injuries by seeing them move around on the sideline.

At this point, both T. May and A. Hatfield have played alot at OLB/DE. What role will Fransisco fill when he returns?

I personally would love to see Haywood start working on a Nickel Package for obvious passing situations. For Example, I would let Payton Mullins come off the field on 3rd and long and replace him with another DB type guy. I know this has not happened for the last 10 years, but I think it is something the staff should really think about considering Breathitt is going to put 4 talented receivers off on routes in such situations.
Belfry 44 Sheldon,Clark 22. Sheldon clark will move the ball but Belfry will move it also,
Belfry 49
Sheldon Clark 14
I like Belfry by a lot in this one. Sheldon Clark is a much better team then last year but just not on Belfrys level yet. 50-13
Buc-a-roo Wrote:It wasn't good pass defense, it was poor throws downfield by Pikeville's freshman QB. There were open receivers and the QB had burned Belfry several times on short passes. Our pass defense stinks, plain and simple.

We still had tackling problem early on too. This is not a good tackling team right now.

Plenty to work on for the Pirate D. Unfortunately, we have two weak opponents in a row and if we don't improve Ashland will hurt us when we travel there.

I love honesty, its so rare a trait on here.
Keeping it real, Leo. Big Grin
Buc-a-roo Wrote:It wasn't good pass defense, it was poor throws downfield by Pikeville's freshman QB. There were open receivers and the QB had burned Belfry several times on short passes. Our pass defense stinks, plain and simple.

sorry, i didnt get to go to this one. i had to work and listened to it on the radio. i was just going by the stats.

I mentioned this in a thread last week, we've been given up way to many yards and T.D's all season. We had several passes in the Henry Clay and P'burg game were receivers were wide open ten yards down the field behind our dbacks. Need to get out of the zone and play up tighter on the recevers out wide,when teams are in a passing situation. I also mentioned we should pass more,even if our backup is in the game. Let the boys throw the ball some.
Belfry, with a running clock.
skully03 Wrote:sorry, i didnt get to go to this one. i had to work and listened to it on the radio. i was just going by the stats.
No problem skully, I wasn't trying to be a jerk, just calling them like I see them.

Pirates2012 Wrote:I mentioned this in a thread last week, we've been given up way to many yards and T.D's all season. We had several passes in the Henry Clay and P'burg game were receivers were wide open ten yards down the field behind our dbacks. Need to get out of the zone and play up tighter on the recevers out wide,when teams are in a passing situation. I also mentioned we should pass more,even if our backup is in the game. Let the boys throw the ball some.
I have no problem with the defense we play, that system has served us well. Coach will try to rush 3 and cover with 8 against passing teams while trying to keep the ball in front of us to try and limit the "big play". We just aren't where we need to be yet in executing it, but we will get better.
Pages: 1 2 3