Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County @ Knox Central 9/21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thoughts and predictions.
Please ensure dates of games and put in order of who will be the home team by using the "@" to make it easier to know when these games are being played. The below guidelines are posted in every sporting section, as well as all of the existing threads that are created. If you need help, just let me know.

Thx. SD

ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS - Posting Scores and Creating PredictionThreads http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum...ad.php?t=99032
HC by a nose. HC 32-25.
Iv'e been waiting for this game since Week 1. These are the best two teams in SE Kentucky IMO. Both teams know each other's strengths and weeknesses. If we can hold on to the football and do a decent job containing Canady in the open field, I think we will come out on top. But I don't know, I'm liable to change my mind several times. This is going to be an instant classic

HC 32
Knox 21
KC with the upset. Canady has the ability to take a game over, and I look for him to do it.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:KC with the upset. Canady has the ability to take a game over, and I look for him to do it.

He certainly can do that. I think he's the best so far of the Canady clan. The next Canady's to come along will have big shoes to fill because of him.
Backwoods Wrote:He certainly can do that. I think he's the best so far of the Canady clan. The next Canady's to come along will have big shoes to fill because of him.

He's the best player in the state this year IMO, and one of those kids that with him, KC can have an 12-13 win season, without him very well possibly .500.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:He's the best player in the state this year IMO, and one of those kids that with him, KC can have an 12-13 win season, without him very well possibly .500.

Agreed. People say "one player doesn't make a team" and that may be true but he for sure makes them a much better team.
Backwoods Wrote:Agreed. People say "one player doesn't make a team" and that may be true but he for sure makes them a much better team.

Absolutely, anytime you have a player on the field that can arguably lay stake to the claim he's the best player in the state..you're a heck of a lot better with him than you are without.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:KC with the upset. Canady has the ability to take a game over, and I look for him to do it.

After witnessing Cole Wilson's field goal last night, and how much room he still had even from the 23, I'm taking Harlan County by 10.

However, this is going to be some kind of contest. IMO no matter which team wins this game it will be no upset.

Go Black Bears!!!
I just hope the Black Bears come ready to play...if we do...we will win in a very close one....if we don't we will get it handed to us.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:He's the best player in the state this year IMO, and one of those kids that with him, KC can have an 12-13 win season, without him very well possibly .500.

Canady is a very good player, but best in the state? Have you even heard of Quick at Trinity? He is an NFL can't miss player.
I'm not going to make any predictions just yet on this one other than this is by far the best game is week in southern Kentucky, Harlan is a very good coached team they do all the little things good it will be a hard fought win for who does win this game...
rojas Wrote:Canady is a very good player, but best in the state? Have you even heard of Quick at Trinity? He is an NFL can't miss player.

NFL can't miss? Ok. Since he's in high school, hasn't played a college down..and he's NFL can't miss.
HC will be too much for Knox.

HC 35
KC 20
I think this will be a great game if Canady has a good game I think KC will win by 7 if not Harlan Co. wins by 7. Canady is a great player and he is the type of player that can put the game on his back and make a difference in the game. I think another factor will be KC's defense, they have not been consistent this year at times they play very well at other times very average. Either way it will be a great game
The Bears have to get "Filthy" or this one could turn out like the HC/Tates Creek game. I'm going with the Black Bears making a statement with there defense.
Harlan County will be too strong for knox central. After watching clinton tn run the football really good all night against knox i just think they won't be able to stop the powerful running game of the black bears.. I think knox central offense will do fine its the defense that lacks right now..

Harlan county 35

Knox Central 31
Beating several teams from Tennessee won't be the same as beating the Black Bears. HC by at least 14.
Hc is down this year I hope my panthers can pull it off! But I am afraid our weak schedule will catch up!
Game of the week in the mountains. Knox Central probably has better skill people but Harlan County is always very good up front.
This will be a dandy. HC is big and fast. We are too. I have not seen HC play this year which makes it tough for me to say how we will do. I am confident that we have a great shot at pulling this one out though. Special teams are a bit of a concern for me but we will find a way.

KC wins a barn burner 22-20.

Good luck to the Bears. Since we were robbed the chance to play Bell this year we need to beat you and then have you beat Bell so we can lap up a little moral victory anyway... LOL.
HC will win in a tough road game. As much as everyone is touting Canady, I think HC s defense will be ready for him. If not it could be a long night. I'll be listening from memorial colliseusium at BBM Campout!
Knox,Cent 34 Harlan,Cent 24 Harlan has no defense.
Knox might score but good luck outscoring HC, Middleton running behind Tucker Lewis and Carson Whitehead and that HC line ...goodluck with that

Kc could play 12/13 games with him? He is capable of 200 plus yards Friday night and several tackles on defense, but the best player in the state? He is more than a good high school player with good size, strength and speed but the best player in the state? I wil have to agree to disagree on that statement. Also, his ( I think) uncle Mark was an all American at EKU so we will have to wait on the best Canady of the bunch because he still has some work to do! Having said that - I think he is a great player and for sure can put his team on his back!
ballboy Wrote:Knox,Cent 34 Harlan,Cent 24 Harlan has no defense.

I understand the Harlan County has no defense comments. But, Harlan County has really only had one bad game defensively. Giving up 35 points to Morristown West isn't horrible considering they were ranked #2 in Tennessee in 5A after they beat Harlan County. Harlan County's first team defense didn't give up a point against Gate City or Lee, Va. I know these aren't the best teams on the schedule, but not giving up a point in two weeks is still pretty impressive. So, the one bad performance came against Tates Creek, and in that game Harlan County was up 30-6 before Tates Creek came back. Not making excuses for allowing 54 points to Tates Creek, there is no excuse for that, but I believe some of that was simply letting off the gas a little. This week will be a good gauge of just how good Harlan County's defense is.
Daddycat27 Wrote:HC will win in a tough road game. As much as everyone is touting Canady, I think HC s defense will be ready for him. If not it could be a long night. I'll be listening from memorial colliseusium at BBM Campout!

You referring to the ticket line for midnight madness??
Evenly matched teams that both have good offenses and still a little uncertainity for both on defense. Im going with HC 42-28.
I agree with your synopsis, but think the game will be closer.....
Hope you are correct!!
Pages: 1 2 3