Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County @ Knox Central 9/21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
HonestJohn Wrote:Quick had 82 or 72 yards rec against St X-Ohio-I can't remember. If not for the RB to punch that last TD in (hurt I might add) with less than a minute to go, they wouldn't have got the 14-13 win. I didn't see your can't miss player catch the TD to win this game. He may not even be the best player on his team. If it gets to crunch time, watch Knox Central go to Canady every time. Also, Canady is not surrounded by recruited players from all over the state. It helps make you look better when your team has 20 all state caliber players to help you look good. I am not saying KC doesn't have any other good players, but they are not as highly touted as the trinity recruits.

I'm a big believer in Canady and dread to face him as all teams should be but the competition for Knox this year has been less than impressive. The Tennessee teams are a combined 3-10 on the season and the ky teams 4-5. When the better teams come I actually think that Knox will depend on Canady more, but time , starting Friday will show us more.
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:I'm a big believer in Canady and dread to face him as all teams should be but the competition for Knox this year has been less than impressive. The Tennessee teams are a combined 3-10 on the season and the ky teams 4-5. When the better teams come I actually think that Knox will depend on Canady more, but time , starting Friday will show us more.

How's Harlan County's schedule holding up? Gate City is currently 1-3, Lee is 1-3 as well. Tates Creek is 2-3 with huge losses to Henry Clay and Scott County.

This game will probably reveal more about both teams.
Hatz Wrote:How's Harlan County's schedule holding up? Gate City is currently 1-3, Lee is 1-3 as well. Tates Creek is 2-3 with huge losses to Henry Clay and Scott County.

This game will probably reveal more about both teams.

Good one Hatz. Stick it to them.Confusednicker:
Who is the toughest team each team has played?
I'm pretty sure Coach Larkey knows all about KC and their other weapons, we sit on here and talk about him because he is a super talent but we are not coaches working on a game plan either. But if I was my main objective would be to stop Canady and take my chances with the others. Not saying they are not good players but Canady's name is included with Mr. Football names.

Having said that I expect the Black Bears Defense to show up Friday night Tates Creek recovered 3 or so onside kids when Harlan County was up 30-6 and got relaxed that got them out of sync and tired, I don't see that happening again. Morristown East (a good TN team) was the first game of the season and the Bears are typically not a good first game team they lost to Pulaski 40-8 and South Western 35-7 and 40-8 to kick off the season's past so I'm hoping the Black Bear Defense have worked out early season kinks and come to play.

As stated already this should tell us a lot about both Teams!

I'm going to say Cole Wilson is the difference in this game

Black Bears 24
Knox 21
You very well could be right, Patriot.

Cole impressed me with that FG at Lee County last week. He had SO MUCH room after that kick!
I agree but it not the field goals that makes Cole Wilson it the fact as he will be the other D1 player on the field that Knox Central will have to worry about. I think it will be a hard game for both but I would have to say that Harlan County will just be to hard to stop for Knox. HC has Middleton, Maggard, Long and again Cole Wilson who still might be the best player on the field and will more than likely end up in the Mr. Football talk next year.JMO.
HC-48
KC-21
As a Bear fan I have to admit that we can't just concentrate on Canady....Knox has many weapons....I just hope we come to play and I believe we will....I believe Larkey will have them ready....Good luck Knox Central.
HonestJohn Wrote:Quick had 82 or 72 yards rec against St X-Ohio-I can't remember. If not for the RB to punch that last TD in (hurt I might add) with less than a minute to go, they wouldn't have got the 14-13 win. I didn't see your can't miss player catch the TD to win this game. He may not even be the best player on his team. If it gets to crunch time, watch Knox Central go to Canady every time. Also, Canady is not surrounded by recruited players from all over the state. It helps make you look better when your team has 20 all state caliber players to help you look good. I am not saying KC doesn't have any other good players, but they are not as highly touted as the trinity recruits.

Quick has his choice of scholarship offers from anywhere he wants to play, period. I would guess that he is the only kid in Kentucky that can say this. Now, EKU is a fine place to play but Quick can go anywhere he wants. And yes, I still stand by he being a can't miss NFL quality receiver.
^
:truestory:

If you got to ESPN and look up Quick on recruiting then you'll see just about every school in the country offering.
I think people in the mountains get mountain phobia sometimes Confusednicker:

Canady is a great player, and one of the best in South Eastern KY, but he hasn't had the exposure Quick has. Either way, Canady will play somewhere in college.

As for the game, I might change my mind and head to Knox for this one. God knows it will be better than the Whitley/Lynn Camp game. Might be one of the best of the year.
I believe Harlan Co. will win by two TD's and Middleton will out rush Canady. Middleton may be the best overall player in the mountains. I have been told by many that he runs the football much like Coach Scott Russell did back in the day at Evarts. Both teams are very solid, but I believe Harlan Co. will have to much in the 4th.
FIRST Wrote:I believe Harlan Co. will win by two TD's and Middleton will out rush Canady. Middleton may be the best overall player in the mountains. I have been told by many that he runs the football much like Coach Scott Russell did back in the day at Evarts. Both teams are very solid, but I believe Harlan Co. will have to much in the 4th.

Who ever told you that maybe smoking the crop too much!!!! Middleton is a nice player but not in the same league as Scotty.

What number is the Wilson kid? Never heard of him.
Canady will prove to be too much for Harlan County this year. After watching Harlan County, I observed there defense not to be as strong as it has been in the past. With that being said Knox County wins 42-35.
rojas Wrote:Quick has his choice of scholarship offers from anywhere he wants to play, period. I would guess that he is the only kid in Kentucky that can say this. Now, EKU is a fine place to play but Quick can go anywhere he wants. And yes, I still stand by he being a can't miss NFL quality receiver.

I never said he wasn't one of the best receivers in KY I just said his team is so talented that he may not be the best player on his team (the # 1 team in the nation according to a thread on here). The RB won the game against St. X-Ohio. It seems to me if Quick is the best receiver in KY (or the nation if he has scholarship offers from anywhere he wants to go) that he would be the go to guy in crunch time. But no, they chose a running play. You can't fault them, it worked and they won against a very good team. That is what it takes to win, a TEAM not one superstar.

Back to the rat killing, I think Canady is one of the best players in KY, but I don't think KC as a team can beat Harlan Co. Playing at home will be a big plus for KC but I think Larkey will have Harlan Co ready. This should be the GOTW.
It's game day in the mountain, I think HC by 2 TD's!!

:Wave::football: GO BEARS!!! :football::Wave:
Game Want be long now!

Found on the side of US HWY 25 outside Knox Field!
[Image: dead_panther.jpg]

There were bear tracks coming from it! lol
[Image: HC_to_host_%E2%80%98Passing_with_a_Purpo...836273.jpg]
HonestJohn Wrote:I never said he wasn't one of the best receivers in KY I just said his team is so talented that he may not be the best player on his team (the # 1 team in the nation according to a thread on here). The RB won the game against St. X-Ohio. It seems to me if Quick is the best receiver in KY (or the nation if he has scholarship offers from anywhere he wants to go) that he would be the go to guy in crunch time. But no, they chose a running play. You can't fault them, it worked and they won against a very good team. That is what it takes to win, a TEAM not one superstar.

Back to the rat killing, I think Canady is one of the best players in KY, but I don't think KC as a team can beat Harlan Co. Playing at home will be a big plus for KC but I think Larkey will have Harlan Co ready. This should be the GOTW.

The RB you are talking about is Dalyn Dawkins. The son of Ralph Dawkins who played RB at the University of Louisville and the Nephew of current NFl Safety, Brian Dawkins. Has offers from Ball State, Cincinnati, Colorado State, Illinois, Purdue, and Western Kentucky.
Gameday!!!

Go Black Bears!!!!
HonestJohn Wrote:I never said he wasn't one of the best receivers in KY I just said his team is so talented that he may not be the best player on his team (the # 1 team in the nation according to a thread on here). The RB won the game against St. X-Ohio. It seems to me if Quick is the best receiver in KY (or the nation if he has scholarship offers from anywhere he wants to go) that he would be the go to guy in crunch time. But no, they chose a running play. You can't fault them, it worked and they won against a very good team. That is what it takes to win, a TEAM not one superstar.

If I was near B'ville this evening I would go to this game for sure.
McCameraMan Wrote:The RB you are talking about is Dalyn Dawkins. The son of Ralph Dawkins who played RB at the University of Louisville and the Nephew of current NFl Safety, Brian Dawkins. Has offers from Ball State, Cincinnati, Colorado State, Illinois, Purdue, and Western Kentucky.

His dad Ralph also played for the New Orleans Saints. I forgot to mention that part. Not too bad of a football background for this young man.
Sorry I missed most of the fun on this thread. Had a long week at work...

Still - I have been looking foward to this game all year. HC is a great team with great support. That makes them a terrific opponent. I have not seen them play at all this year so I have no idea how we will beat them. I do believe we will find a way though.

KC 32
HC 28

Time to head up there and get some chilli and a seat!
HC
In Nashville. Going to miss my first HC game in 4 years. Need some updates please...

I hear Canady took one 95 yards for 6 about two hours ago....Confusednicker:
One thing I will say is that having homecoming on the night you play HC might not have been good thinking.
Go Panthers.
Go Bears! I wish I was going to be there to cheer you on!
does anyone know where i can listen to this online?
CanYouLiveWithoutIt Wrote:does anyone know where i can listen to this online?

Can watch it on http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Can watch it on http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home

thanks
Pages: 1 2 3