Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 53 Johnson Central 51
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
it was a close game all the way though
Great game to watch. There were some calls that were missed on both ends of the floor, but that just proves what we all believe to be true THE REFS ARE BLIND. I beleive these two teams will meet again for the regional title. These are two quality teams who will represent the district well in Pikeville. As for the celebration thing. After a tournament championship trophies need to be given out and nets have to be cut down. There is no good way to do this. After the girls championship the Lady Hornet fans cheered and then filed onto the floor and cheered more as there ladies cut down the nets. The showed a great deal of class. After the boys game the fans rushed the floor. Nothing wrong with that. But then while the Tigers were cutting down the first net the crowd started chants directed at the JC student section  to which the students answered. It went on for too long. From a winners perspective let them celebrate all night. From the losers lets give out the trophies and get out of here.
[quote author=Cash link=topic=20352.msg203660#msg203660 date=1141507294]
It was a great game, no matter what the outcome was..Some JC players may have pushed and shoved, but so did Paintsvilles. We boo your players, and you boo our players. Thats how it is and always will be. As far as Chelsee goes, she is a great player and probably the best player to ever play at Paintsville on that team. I can understand why she wouldnt shake hands. And when Paintsville has a district tourny at home, i bet they will get to have their own music also. So dont go complaining about that, because you guys will get it too.
[/quote]

Paintsville's gym is too small to host a District Tournament in my opinion...the hottest blasted gym in eastern Kentucky.
Great game, JC played well but not well enough
[quote author=57TheLargeOne link=topic=20352.msg204459#msg204459 date=1141606314]
Great game to watch. There were some calls that were missed on both ends of the floor, but that just proves what we all believe to be true THE REFS ARE BLIND. I beleive these two teams will meet again for the regional title. These are two quality teams who will represent the district well in Pikeville. As for the celebration thing. After a tournament championship trophies need to be given out and nets have to be cut down. There is no good way to do this. After the girls championship the Lady Hornet fans cheered and then filed onto the floor and cheered more as there ladies cut down the nets. The showed a great deal of class. After the boys game the fans rushed the floor. Nothing wrong with that. But then while the Tigers were cutting down the first net the crowd started chants directed at the JC student section  to which the students answered. It went on for too long. From a winners perspective let them celebrate all night. From the losers lets give out the trophies and get out of here.
[/quote]

I will say this and then nothing else about it......

The chants were aimed directly at the student section and the players who were sitting on their bench watching Paintsville cut down the nets in their gym. The boys were respectful and didn't say anything out of the way to Paintsville or their fans....however, the fans and cheerleaders were deliberately antagonizing the Eagle players and student section.  It showed no class whatsoever. 

When the cheerleading trophy was given out Paintsville's cheerleaders again showed no class by chanting District Champs over and over while JC's cheerleaders were receiving their trophy.  It is a sad moment when you can't be happy for another team simply because some of the group are just being out and out rude.

Whatever happened to good old fashioned sportsmanship?  I guess it is just another sign of the times in which we live....truly sad.

However, when the trophy's were given out for the All Tournament Team....class was shown on both sides when the JC players and the Paintsville players shook hands and a couple of hugs were exchanged.  Maybe the cheerleaders and fans need to take lessons from the players that they are there to support....when the buzzer sounds the game is over...there is no need to turn around and be rude to the losing team.  Like it or not both teams played their hearts out and no matter who won...both teams deserved it.  I screamed my heart out for my Eagles and my heart broke when the game was over and I saw the heartbreak on the faces of everyone of the Central players. They never gave up and fought hard...very hard... both teams did and that in itself deserves and demands the respect of everyone in that gym...whether you were wearing blue and white or black and gold. We need to remember why we were there in the first place.... to support our team and show them that we are behind them win or lose.

Now for all of you who will get on here and start throwing darts at me because of what I said...I want you to know that I would be saying the exact same thing if the tables were turned and it was the Eagles who were cutting down those nets....if our cheerleaders and fans had been the ones antagonizing the other players and fans...it doesn't make a difference.  Unsportsmanlike conduct is unsportsmanlike conduct no matter who is involved and it does nothing but degrade the fans and the institution involved.

Having said all of that....

Congrats to the Tigers for a hard earned championship

And Eagles...do not get your heads down.  You are a great team and no one can take that from you.... In our hearts and minds you are the best and we love you with the trophy or without! Focus...do not give up...we are behind you and we love our Golden Eagles!
Pages: 1 2 3 4