Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 53 Johnson Central 51
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
"Eagle89" Wrote:There was alot of dirty play and cheap shots that went on last night. Some that I couldn't believe was let go. I am beginning to believe that the NBA has trickled down to the high school level. There is a difference between hard competetion and just plan dirty play and there was a whole lot of dirty play went on last night.

I saw some stick figure slap Daniel Pugh in the face, I saw the Whittaker boy stick his knee out trying to knock down Landon on a shot but ended up hurting himself more, I saw Jesse Meek shove Shane Grimm in the back several times on rebounds, and that was all in the second half on my side. Obvious enough that I couldn't believe the refs didn't call it and I was sitting all the way in the nose bleeds. I'm sure there was a lot more though.
# 3 from JC, when he was in, was always trying to start something with Daniel. For instance, DP was guarding him tight and # 3 was trying to run off a screen and he pushed DP, this led to DP getting the ball and # 3 slapping for the ball and hitting DP. Then DP was walking away and # 3 gave him a little tap on the butt, DP didn't like it and started to walk back, but showed his class and just walked away. That's the incident with DP that I saw and it was very obvious. No fouls at all were called during this sequence of events.
Who were the ref's?
2 guys from West Virginia and one from Belfry I think.
Well when Williams was shaking hands with them Meeks gave him a little shove and Williams walked up to him then Meeks spit his face and said " let's go i will whip yo' ass" Then Williams laughed and head butted him. Meeks quickly shup up. But Williams did knock the hell out him during the game so i understand why Meeks was so mad, but he does need to pick on someone who will not kill him.
"Pupaw" Wrote:# 3 from JC, when he was in, was always trying to start something with Daniel. For instance, DP was guarding him tight and # 3 was trying to run off a screen and he pushed DP, this led to DP getting the ball and # 3 slapping for the ball and hitting DP. Then DP was walking away and # 3 gave him a little tap on the butt, DP didn't like it and started to walk back, but showed his class and just walked away. That's the incident with DP that I saw and it was very obvious. No fouls at all were called during this sequence of events.

After that stuff happened Rice was yelling at #3 (justin murray) telling him to shut up and play, but 3 was yelling back at the SENIOR and him only being the little bitch of a sophomore. If i were Rice i would rip him a new one.
I wish we would not turn this into another thread that gets yanked.
This was a great game from 2 great programs, played by a bunch of great High School athletes!!! Let's keep it to that.
This game was exactly what i thought it was going to be a great game. A lot closer than last meeting. But i am glad that PHS came out with the victory. What is their record against central at central? Has to be awesome. Now its time to bring home another regional title to PHS.
:blabbermo 1
Meeks played most of the game and ended up with 10 maybe...Williams played a little bit and scored maybe 2...what is his deal I wish he had BGR account because I would like to PM him and talk to him because Williams isn't nothing but a piece of trash that shouldn't be playing with players like Grimm, Vanhoose and Slone. He should be at David playing for them.
"Old School" Wrote:Second PC98 you were ripping members for saying Chelsee showed no class. Now here you go trying to start the samething with a JC player. How can you justify saying the person who made the comments about Chelsee not having any class and you do the samething. Looks like your just a guilty as they are.

I would say that Chelsee is one of the best players to wear a Paintsville uniform.

I believe they all were ripping Chelsee for NO REASON. None of JC's players shook hands lastnight after they lost, does that mean they don't have any class, NO it doesn't. They all ripped Chelsee cause she was sitting on her ass crying her eyes out while the teams were shaking hands. Unless you have been in her situation you have no idea. Hell Jesse Meek goes into Paintsville's mosh pit trying to fight someone, but none of the ones who started on Chelsee was gonna bring that up were they. I have every right to being it up Old School when they bash someone from Pville for NOTHING yet don't say anything about one their players acting like a pure thug.
"Eagle Eye" Wrote:I think first of all that most of the Eagle fans clapped when Chelsee came out of the game at the end. She was a great player and I for one wish her well at Pikeville. What do you call that? Not all kids are that appreciative of a good player but most are. How can you see Jesse having no class. Just because a player is not intimidated by some of your players then they have no class? A player headbutts someone and he must take it. I think he was yelling at the player and the player was yelling back at him. Then the player takes a flag and waves it over the players heads. So this makes the Paintsville player have no class? Just checking or is it a double standard for the players from Paintsville? :Cheerlead

I did say A COUPLE JC fans started on her, I DIDN'T say ALL the JC fans did. Whether Meeks was intimidated or not doesn't matter and you know that. If teh situation was flip flopped ALL you JC fans would be saying the same thing. He just acted out like that for show, so he would look tough infront of all his buddies, I'd bet if Williams would have told him to meet somewhere he wouldn't have went. As for the fans being cleared from the floor, If JC would have won nothing would have ever been said. Whitaker and Trimble are just alike, they are big P.O.S. They both would have been out there celebrating like they were in high school. Another thing that isn't right is all the special treatment JC got during the tournament. Getting their special music played when they call out their starting line-ups, and their announcer who has an orgasm when they score a basket. I was the district tournament, there should be no special treatment like that for the home team.
I always thought the #1 seed was the home team and got to wear their home uni's, but last night they were the visitors?? It doesn't really mean a hill of beans to me, but Paintsville won a good game, lets move on to Regional play.
Always a great Rivarly, congrats to Bill Mike.
Will JC get another chance in the regionals?
It was a great game, no matter what the outcome was..Some JC players may have pushed and shoved, but so did Paintsvilles. We boo your players, and you boo our players. Thats how it is and always will be. As far as Chelsee goes, she is a great player and probably the best player to ever play at Paintsville on that team. I can understand why she wouldnt shake hands. And when Paintsville has a district tourny at home, i bet they will get to have their own music also. So dont go complaining about that, because you guys will get it too.
Guys, things have definately changes since I played at Paintsville. When I played you played hard during the game and then after both teams shook hands and talked and wished each other well. There was no bickering, or "challenges," or running into the stands, etc. I think too many people watch the NBA and try to act like those guys (like idoits). Keep it clean and have fun, one of these days everyone will look back and see what asses they were in front of people and regret it!!!
Good job Tigers
"Waterbug5" Wrote:After that stuff happened Rice was yelling at #3 (justin murray) telling him to shut up and play, but 3 was yelling back at the SENIOR and him only being the little bitch of a sophomore. If i were Rice i would rip him a new one.
After what I've seen out of Murray this season he should rot on the bench. I quiver when he comes into the game just wondering what kind of stunt will he pull next or how many turnovers will he have.
Congrats Tigers on the win. Nothing to hang your head about Eagles you played hard last night but during the 4th the shots wouldn't fall (until the last minute). I hope there will be a rematch between these two teams next Saturday and if there is would someone playing for JC please know where Grimm is at all times because he has killed us three times this year by nailing three's on wide open looks.
"Cash" Wrote:It was a great game, no matter what the outcome was..Some JC players may have pushed and shoved, but so did Paintsvilles. We boo your players, and you boo our players. Thats how it is and always will be. As far as Chelsee goes, she is a great player and probably the best player to ever play at Paintsville on that team. I can understand why she wouldnt shake hands. And when Paintsville has a district tourny at home, i bet they will get to have their own music also. So dont go complaining about that, because you guys will get it too.

SHE DIDN'T SHAKE HANDS BECAUSE SHE WAS SITTING ON THE FLOOR CRYING. It had nothing to do with her not wanting to shake hands, she couldn't get up, I had to pick her up and walk her to the lockerroom.

As for the music and all that and Paintsville having the districts at home. I would say you are right, they probably will do the same thing, but we didn't the last time it was held at Paintsville and Paintsville won the district.
"Golden Eagle" Wrote:After what I've seen out of Murray this season he should rot on the bench. I quiver when he comes into the game just wondering what kind of stunt will he pull next or how many turnovers will he have.
Congrats Tigers on the win. Nothing to hang your head about Eagles you played hard last night but during the 4th the shots wouldn't fall (until the last minute). I hope there will be a rematch between these two teams next Saturday and if there is would someone playing for JC please know where Grimm is at all times because he has killed us three times this year by nailing three's on wide open looks.
Your right, he is nothing but a pure embarrassment to the program. You really have to question someone who not only allows him to be on the squad, but someone who would actually play him. Everytime he steps on the floor it is always some type of garbage out of him.
One crazy thing that happened at the final buzzer of the game was the score. I'm surpised that the fact that it is the same score as last year's game hasn't been mentioned yet. 51-53 crazy. It was a great game and I'm sure there is more to come from both teams in Regionals. Good Luck to both.
congrats tigers
back to the game...how did whitiker cope with missing those free throws at the end of the game. some one said he was pretty tore up...any truth to this? nevertheless great game to watch.. i hope to see these two teams faceing in the regional tournment.
Congrats to Paintsville!..
Awesome game Shane!
51-53 the last two meetings, thats kinda odd, and what do you all think the chances of next years district championship betweent these two schools will be the same as the prior 2??? Its a long shot but I'd be willing to place a few bets in Vegas.
Good job Sheeve!! Its really a pleasure watching you play the game, I still think you are one of the only ones left that uses the backboard on a shot like it is supposed to be. Good fundamentals, keep up the hard work and it'll all pay off for you in the future.
Knowing Tyler....it bothered him for a while, but has already put it behindhim!!! He knows there is a lot of basketball left for him this year!
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:SHE DIDN'T SHAKE HANDS BECAUSE SHE WAS SITTING ON THE FLOOR CRYING. It had nothing to do with her not wanting to shake hands, she couldn't get up, I had to pick her up and walk her to the lockerroom.

As for the music and all that and Paintsville having the districts at home. I would say you are right, they probably will do the same thing, but we didn't the last time it was held at Paintsville and Paintsville won the district.

Ok you misunderstood me....i understand why she didnt shake hands, or wouldnt want to....i dont mean that in a bad way. Hell if it was my senior year and wasnt going to make it to region, then i would probably do the same, especially if i had a highschool career like she has had.
great job tigers
Pages: 1 2 3 4