Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 53 Johnson Central 51
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
"JKWON33" Wrote:I didn't see either team shake hands except the coaches. Paintsville's players were overwhelmed by the fans after the game, so I don't know when there could've been a chance. The one thing that I have to say about it is, why would the people at JC not let the fans celebrate with the players after the game? If JC would've won I think there would've been a celebration, its a tradition for post game celebrations like that. Ah maybe next year. Good game, thought when Central went 8 up on the Tigers midway through the 3rd that Paintsville was going to get blown out, but thankfully that wasn't the case. They fought hard and hit big shot after big shot. Then going up 9 with a little over a minute left to play never expected JC to come back in the manner that they did. Congrats to them for not giving up. Good game, hopefully both teams will get a good draw and draw the Pikeville/Shelby Valley district. I really wouldn't want to face any of the other 4 teams in the first round because they are all playing well.
I really think that it was the police asking the floor to be cleared.:police: From the JC side the students from both schools were going at it pretty good. I guess it was a security thing. I thought the same thing as you, why wouldn't they let them enjoy it? But I do believe the announcer said that they have been asked to clear the floor. I could be wrong though. Wouldn't be the 1st time!LOL
Great game though! Shame a few fans ruin it for the rest!:Angry07:
"jchsrulz" Wrote:I really think that it was the police asking the floor to be cleared.:police: From the JC side the students from both schools were going at it pretty good. I guess it was a security thing. I thought the same thing as you, why wouldn't they let them enjoy it? But I do believe the announcer said that they have been asked to clear the floor. I could be wrong though. Wouldn't be the 1st time!LOL

They probably wanted the floor cleared so they could give out :#1: and :Second: I know if were the powers that be at Central I'd want it to be over with ASAP.
Congrats Pville. 2 great games to win the district. Good luck to both teams in the region.
Both teams in the finals and both teams lose it on their home court. Its not everyday you see something like that happen.
"jchsrulz" Wrote:I really think that it was the police asking the floor to be cleared.:police: From the JC side the students from both schools were going at it pretty good. I guess it was a security thing. I thought the same thing as you, why wouldn't they let them enjoy it? But I do believe the announcer said that they have been asked to clear the floor. I could be wrong though. Wouldn't be the 1st time!LOL

And no, it wasn't from the police. How do I know this, my brother is a cop and was there on the floor around the students to keep them under control. I just called him up and asked him about it, he said no cop went over there and told them to clear the floor, they had things well in hand.
AS they say,Confusedhithappe . We live to play another day though. You could be right on the hurry up and get out theory!LOL
"JKWON33" Wrote:And no, it wasn't from the police. How do I know this, my brother is a cop and was there on the floor around the students to keep them under control. I just called him up and asked him about it, he said no cop went over there and told them to clear the floor, they had things well in hand.
Sounds like you are in the Know! Thanks for clearing up the whole situation. If this was the JC administrations way of handeling the situation, I am sorry. But I do believe that there was a possibility of some problems. Considering the headbutt incident and then Williams walking over and swaying the PHS flag over top of the JC players as they sat their respectful. Where was the PHS administration?
I just thought it would have been a good idea for the police to handel the situation in that manner. After the MC girls beat JC for the title, the police kept them from running onto the floor. It was the JC administration that came over to them and asked them to come down on the floor to celebrate.
Man, great game to watch, very exciting. McCarty hadn't hit a 3 all game til the last minute or so when he pulled off 3 treys, well pulled off 2 and pulled 1 out of his @$$, nice shot though. Paintsville kept their composure when JC jumped ahead by like 8 points, fought back, hit some big shots and made their free throws down the stretch.

And since a couple JC fans started about Chelsee having NO CLASS for not shaking hands cause she was sitting on the floor crying, lets all start talking about how Jesse Meek has NO CLASS. While Paintsville was celebrating their hard fought victory Meek tried to go after someone in the Paintsville crowd and his coaches had to restrain him. HMMM, talk about not having any class, at least Chelsee wasn't trying to fight anyone after she got beat.

Congrats Tigers, keep it together and win the region.

Good Luck Sean Music, Kyle Rice and Ryan Fannin...
I wonder if he was going after Pugh? Big mistake if it was, agree PC?
"JKWON33" Wrote:I wonder if he was going after Pugh? Big mistake if it was, agree PC?

Probably. Daniel is a 4 sport athlete. The 4th being boxing. Trust me, you better know what you are doing before you decide to square off against him.
"Udon'tKnowMe" Wrote:Probably. Daniel is a 4 sport athlete. The 4th being boxing. Trust me, you better know what you are doing before you decide to square off against him.

EVERY game I have went to this year every time someone from the other team always goes after Pugh, always starting something with him. Why, IDK, but they are making a big mistake. If Pugh was a thug like some players in this region he would have already added quite a few wins to his record. Maybe one of these days we will get to see someone actually hit him and set him off and see him lay into someone. That wouldn't be good for either player seeing that they would get tossed form that game and then some, but one of these days I got a feeling it's gonna happen.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:EVERY game I have went to this year every time someone from the other team always goes after Pugh, always starting something with him. Why, IDK, but they are making a big mistake. If Pugh was a thug like some players in this region he would have already added quite a few wins to his record. Maybe one of these days we will get to see someone actually hit him and set him off and see him lay into someone. That wouldn't be good for either player seeing that they would get tossed form that game and then some, but one of these days I got a feeling it's gonna happen.

That's why he is so clutch under pressure, he uses that to get them off their game. If they want to fight, they aren't thinking about the game and he is thinking about the game. Daniel is a very smart player and knows that tempers are players worst foe. All they need to do is watch a couple of his films boxing and they might decide thats not a battle they want to be part of.
"Udon'tKnowMe" Wrote:That's why he is so clutch under pressure, he uses that to get them off their game. If they want to fight, they aren't thinking about the game and he is thinking about the game. Daniel is a very smart player and knows that tempers are players worst foe. All they need to do is watch a couple of his films boxing and they might decide thats not a battle they want to be part of.

Agreed. But even when Pugh isn't doing anything to get in their heads someone starts something with him, trying to get him mad. The little kid from JC hit Daniel in the face tonight and Daniel got him back and a foul was called on him. The little kid patted him on the butt and said something to him and Daniel got mad, BUT he kept his temper down and kept playing the way he did all game.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:Agreed. But even when Pugh isn't doing anything to get in their heads someone starts something with him, trying to get him mad. The little kid from JC hit Daniel in the face tonight and Daniel got him back and a foul was called on him. The little kid patted him on the butt and said something to him and Daniel got mad, BUT he kept his temper down and kept playing the way he did all game.

It's always the 2nd guy that gets caught. I don't know why teams think that type of stuff will bother him, it hasn't all year.
"Udon'tKnowMe" Wrote:It's always the 2nd guy that gets caught. I don't know why teams think that type of stuff will bother him, it hasn't all year.

Yep, I know all about that, believe me, lol. It hasn't bothered him all year and it won't. Daniel is a good kid and a classy individual, not to mention he is a competitor who gives everything he's got every time he touches the court, football field or the baseball diamond. When it comes game time, he means business and he isn't gonna let anything get in the way of that.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:Agreed. But even when Pugh isn't doing anything to get in their heads someone starts something with him, trying to get him mad. The little kid from JC hit Daniel in the face tonight and Daniel got him back and a foul was called on him. The little kid patted him on the butt and said something to him and Daniel got mad, BUT he kept his temper down and kept playing the way he did all game.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:Man, great game to watch, very exciting. McCarty hadn't hit a 3 all game til the last minute or so when he pulled off 3 treys, well pulled off 2 and pulled 1 out of his @$$, nice shot though. Paintsville kept their composure when JC jumped ahead by like 8 points, fought back, hit some big shots and made their free throws down the stretch.

And since a couple JC fans started about Chelsee having NO CLASS for not shaking hands cause she was sitting on the floor crying, lets all start talking about how Jesse Meek has NO CLASS. While Paintsville was celebrating their hard fought victory Meek tried to go after someone in the Paintsville crowd and his coaches had to restrain him. HMMM, talk about not having any class, at least Chelsee wasn't trying to fight anyone after she got beat.

Did McCarty even score in the game before he hit those threes at the end? Daniel shut him down the whole game before that.
He had 4 points before going "off" in the last 1:30 and hitting those last three's. He ended up with 13.
Great game between two good teams. Incidents will happen when there is this much emotion in a game. Nothing really serious. Neither team wanted to lose.
I am really impressed with shane Grimm, i think he was the diffrence maker in this tourney. I also think Jeese Meek was a big diffrence maker for JCHS in this tourney. If these two players had not stepped it up it would be Magoffin and Sheldon Clark going to the regional tourney. Anyway good luck to both teams in the region.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:Man, great game to watch, very exciting. McCarty hadn't hit a 3 all game til the last minute or so when he pulled off 3 treys, well pulled off 2 and pulled 1 out of his @$$, nice shot though. Paintsville kept their composure when JC jumped ahead by like 8 points, fought back, hit some big shots and made their free throws down the stretch.

First Congrats to Paintsville on winning the district championship.
Second PC98 you were ripping members for saying Chelsee showed no class. Now here you go trying to start the samething with a JC player. How can you justify saying the person who made the comments about Chelsee not having any class and you do the samething. Looks like your just a guilty as they are.

I would say that Chelsee is one of the best players to wear a Paintsville uniform.
Well back on the subject good win for the Tigers. McCarty tried to keep them in it at the end. I don't think Paintsville will win the region though.
IDK about how much he done in their first game, but in all honesty all I saw from Jesse Meek last night was him flopping around on the floor trying to get player control fouls called on Paintsville when you could clearly see he never got touched, or nudged a little.
Sounds like a great game. Tough loss for Central at home.
"moofer" Wrote:Well back on the subject good win for the Tigers. McCarty tried to keep them in it at the end. I don't think Paintsville will win the region though.
Tried to keep them in at the end? If he had not played so dumb they would not have had to worry about trying to come back.

I think first of all that most of the Eagle fans clapped when Chelsee came out of the game at the end. She was a great player and I for one wish her well at Pikeville. What do you call that? Not all kids are that appreciative of a good player but most are. How can you see Jesse having no class. Just because a player is not intimidated by some of your players then they have no class? A player headbutts someone and he must take it. I think he was yelling at the player and the player was yelling back at him. Then the player takes a flag and waves it over the players heads. So this makes the Paintsville player have no class? Just checking or is it a double standard for the players from Paintsville? I thought it was a great game. Shane Grimm and J.D. just love playing against us. Every time we thought we had an advantage they come up with a great play. We missed a couple of easy shots late in the game that really killed us. We didn't quit though but we have to be smarter late in the game. At least we have a chance next week. Region is wide open. I hope we meet again next saturday. The expo center will be packed!!!!:Cheerlead
There was alot of dirty play and cheap shots that went on last night. Some that I couldn't believe was let go. I am beginning to believe that the NBA has trickled down to the high school level. There is a difference between hard competetion and just plan dirty play and there was a whole lot of dirty play went on last night.
This game was fantastic to watch!!! Neither team shoulda lost!!!I just knew it was over, and then Rice drains a trey with 51 secs remaining!!! Tigers miss the front of bonus, then McCarty nails another trey from top of the key!! Bundy knocks both FTs down, then Meek nets another trey, Pugh gets a FT, and McCarty sinks a last trey, and Paintsville smartly lets time run out without even trying to inbound again!!
Great game , great intensity, great everything!!!
I would like to say, I am sure that not everyone was happy with everything at this tourn. But I really thought that the People at JCHS truly put on a first class Regional Tourney!!! Great job to all!!
Congrats to the tigers great game and awesome win!!!!
Come on Eagle Eye, we had a convo about all this Paintsville vs. JC stuff. I think PC has every right to wonder about it last night, because if you read half of the stuff on the girls forum that they posted about her, what he said wasn't 1/100th as bad as that. He just made an observation, the people about his sister was just down right horrible and hopefully she didn't read any of it.
Congrats to Paintsville!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4