Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How dumb is this dUKe UNC coverage on ESPN?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
"corndog23" Wrote:i probably will watch alot of it, lol. i just wish it wasnt the only thing i can watch. id rather watch a division III conference quarterfinal.

by the way, all you dUKe lovers out there, im not pissed because it is dUKe. if it were Michigan Ohio State football i would still be pissed. dont flatter yourselves into thinking i am mad ONLY because its dUKe. i hate UNC too....
And also one last time I will ask, if it Chritian LAettner is the reason you hate Duke, how old were you when he graduated 13 years ago?
"98NCCalum" Wrote:Again I ask, and you have never answered the three times i've asked it.

What gives you the intelligence and forthright to tell a multi-national, multi billion dollar company what is good and what is not good their programming?
umm last time i checked this was pretty much an opinion based site. doesn't really need anything to make an statement about his opinion. You speak of intelligence , but I would say he is smarter than you.
Alright i like UK and hate Duke but i can see why ESPN is doin this. The Duke/UNC game is always a huge game and everybody wants to watch it. What other big games are there tonite? Ok then there you go. Good move by ESPN
"golfman42" Wrote:Alright i like UK and hate Duke but i can see why ESPN is doin this. The Duke/UNC game is always a huge game and everybody wants to watch it. What other big games are there tonite? Ok then there you go. Good move by ESPN
yeh we have discussed that already...but 5 different avenues?? thats a little much. i dont care who the hell is playing, 5 ways to watch the same thing freakin stupid.
"98NCCalum" Wrote:And also one last time I will ask, if it Chritian LAettner is the reason you hate Duke, how old were you when he graduated 13 years ago?

"corndog23" Wrote:I was 5 years old 98. Thats the FIRST basketball game i can ever remember watching. i remember when laettner did that i looked up to my older brothers and said "you guys kick me all the time and it hurts me. did he hurt him" My brothers told me yes he did hurt him and he's not allowed to do that. I've hated him ever since that moment...had laettner missed the last shot and Kentucky had gone on to a final four, dUKe is still my most hated team...

You asked me the same question in another thread and this is what i wrote...

is that good enough for ya o great 98??
"corndog23" Wrote:You asked me the same question in another thread and this is what i wrote...

is that good enough for ya o great 98??
Yeah, nice story.

So, by your logic, you hate your brothers too right? And will forever? And since you said that you hate Duke b/c they let a player like that play for them, you hate your family too, right, since they allowed your brothers to kick you?
"moofer" Wrote:umm last time i checked this was pretty much an opinion based site. doesn't really need anything to make an statement about his opinion. You speak of intelligence , but I would say he is smarter than you.
One could argue that a large part of being intelligent would be to be able to open up your thought process and see things from another perspective.

33 on my ACT, twice, since you want to question my intelligence.

I am sure neither of you can match that.
"98NCCalum" Wrote:Yeah, nice story.

So, by your logic, you hate your brothers too right? And will forever? And since you said that you hate Duke b/c they let a player like that play for them, you hate your family too, right, since they allowed your brothers to kick you?

nice try.....maybe if laettner was timberlakes brother i would have looked at it differently....do you have any brothers 98?? im assuming you dont or you would no the difference between the 2........ i can pick on my brother but you cannot pick on my brother....timberlake and every other player to wear a kentucky uniform are my brothers.......thatd good enough for ya o great 98?
"corndog23" Wrote:nice try.....maybe if laettner was timberlakes brother i would have looked at it differently....do you have any brothers 98?? im assuming you dont or you would no the difference between the 2........ i can pick on my brother but you cannot pick on my brother....timberlake and every other player to wear a kentucky uniform are my brothers.......thatd good enough for ya o great 98?
Yes I have a younger brother.
"corndog23" Wrote:timberlake and every other player to wear a kentucky uniform are my brothers
This tells me all I need to know about you, this thread, and the amount of time I will send in it from this point forward. :omg: :lame: :lmao:
"corndog23" Wrote:thatd good enough for ya o great 98?
Yup. Thanks son.
:wtf1: :beerwez:

"98NCCalum" Wrote:This tells me all I need to know about you, this thread, and the amount of time I will send in it from this point forward. :omg: :lame: :lmao:
Quote:
Hey you can come talk to me when Duke has as many national title than Kentucky or has more wins. Until then you really have no leg to stand on.:rules:
Quote:
      Moofer is awesome, Yes dUKe is garbage, ESPN is garbage, Dick Vital is garbage. UK has the best basketball history of any college team anywhere, period, never will be matched. Peace
[quote author=98NCCalum link=topic=20328.msg203811#msg203811 date=1141520134]
"moofer" Wrote:umm last time i checked this was pretty much an opinion based site. doesn't really need anything to make an statement about his opinion. You speak of intelligence , but I would say he is smarter than you.
One could argue that a large part of being intelligent would be to be able to open up your thought process and see things from another perspective.

33 on my ACT, twice, since you want to question my intelligence.

I am sure neither of you can match that.
[/quote]

i must have missed this before.......its not quite a 33,  but how bout a 30 on my first and only try at the end of my sophomore year.........
Well then open up your thought process, because you are just as close minded. and just because you scored high on your ACT doesn't mean you are inteeligent about everything.
Yeah I didn't know ACT scores played a part in peoples opinion on sports...maybe I should just quit posting then lol...
[quote author=TennisCAT23 link=topic=20328.msg205213#msg205213 date=1141668333]
Yeah I didn't know ACT scores played a part in peoples opinion on sports...maybe I should just quit posting then lol...
[/quote]
Yeah I might as well quit too. I just scored a 27 so I am not smart enough to post about sports with these guys.
sorry guys, you two are just too dumb to be posting on here with us smart folks! :lol:
If it was all about the ACT you know im out! the moofer, corndog, and tennis cat are probably the highest in here.  :pirateshoot:
[quote author=Torn_Apart link=topic=20328.msg205009#msg205009 date=1141624949]
Quote:
Hey you can come talk to me when Duke has as many national title than Kentucky or has more wins. Until then you really have no leg to stand on.:rules:
Quote:
      Moofer is awesome, Yes dUKe is garbage, ESPN is garbage, Dick Vital is garbage. UK has the best basketball history of any college team anywhere, period, never will be matched. Peace
[/quote]

Hey, I hate to tell you, but UCLA has 11 National Championships...I think their history goes a little deeper and is a little more rich than that of Kentucky and Adolph Rupp. You can't compete with I think it was 2 undefeated seasons in a row and 11 National Titles.
[quote author=SVHSFootball link=topic=20328.msg205626#msg205626 date=1141690178]
Quote:
Quote:
[/quote]

Hey, I hate to tell you, but UCLA has 11 National Championships...I think their history goes a little deeper and is a little more rich than that of Kentucky and Adolph Rupp. You can't compete with I think it was 2 undefeated seasons in a row and 11 National Titles.
[/quote]

UCLA has a history of about 11 years. Come talk to me when they can say they are the WINNINGEST PROGRAM IN ALL OF COLLEGE BASKETBALL!!!!
[quote author=corndog23 link=topic=20328.msg205636#msg205636 date=1141690579]
[quote author=SVHSFootball link=topic=20328.msg205626#msg205626 date=1141690178]
Quote:
Quote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

UCLA has a history of about 11 years. Come talk to me when they can say they are the WINNINGEST PROGRAM IN ALL OF COLLEGE BASKETBALL!!!!
[/quote]

Yeah...they may be the winningest team ever, but when it comes down to it..what is the whole point of the season? To get to and win the big dance. And as you can see, Kentucky doesn't really have it all together in the Title game, and I don't quite think they have had as many productive players sent on to the NBA as UCLA has had, It doesn't matter who is the winningest team EVER, the big dance is the whole point of the season, and if you can't win that...your season wasn't held up to its full potential, so UCLA, given the 11 titles, is the best team ever in College Basketball.
Didn't mean to try to edit your last post..I accidently hit that instead of quote, but nothing changed...But you need to get your facts staight before spouting off some of the things you just said..I dont have time to argue with you about it now because I have to finish a paper and study for two tests, but Im sure corndog will have his way with you..:lol:
how come no one ever talks about the NITs that UK on.  Am I mistaken or did that not used to be the big tourny bfore the NCAA> Didn't it use ot be more prestegous to win the NIT?
[quote author=SVHSFootball link=topic=20328.msg205829#msg205829 date=1141698300]
[quote author=corndog23 link=topic=20328.msg205636#msg205636 date=1141690579]
Quote:
Quote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah...they may be the winningest team ever, but when it comes down to it..what is the whole point of the season? To get to and win the big dance. And as you can see, Kentucky doesn't really have it all together in the Title game, and I don't quite think they have had as many productive players sent on to the NBA as UCLA has had, It doesn't matter who is the winningest team EVER, the big dance is the whole point of the season, and if you can't win that...your season wasn't held up to its full potential, so UCLA, given the 11 titles, is the best team ever in College Basketball.
[/quote]

Alright. Do you want to talk about the history of college basketball? Or do you want to talk about the 1970's?  Do you want to talk about John Wooden's tenure at UCLA which began in 1948?? Do you want to talk about when Wooden became dominant in the late 60's when Rupp's days were coming to an end? Do you want to talk about the "passing of the torch" from Rupp to Wooden? Do you want to talk about the magical 11 or 12 year run that UCLA had? the ONLY run that UCLA had?? you pick my friend......
IF you didn't think ESPN overdid it just a bit, check out this.......  Have/would they do this for any other team other than Dook?  Not a chance.

--ESPNU Full Circle complete schedule: North Carolina at Duke

-- ESPN: Traditional game telecast with commentators Brad Nessler (play-by-play), Dick Vitale (analyst) and reporter Erin Andrews (reporter) plus "look-ins" to how other entities are covering the game.

-- ESPN2: Entire game action live from "Above the Rim" camera (traditional feed during deadballs).

-- ESPN and ESPN2 HD: Both ESPN HD and ESPN2 HD will offer high definition presentations of game coverage; the widescreen view provided by HD's 16x9 aspect ratio will offer a unique glimpse into offensive and defensive strategy, particularly for ESPN2 HD's "Above the Rim" telecast.

-- ESPNU: Entire game live from cameras on and within famed "Cameron Crazies" (Duke student fans) section, split screen with traditional feed.

-- ESPN360: Live traditional game feed on ESPN's customized broadband service enhanced with extra stats not featured on telecast, hosted by ESPN Radio's Jeff Rickard.

Mobile ESPN: Game alerts, live updates and in-game polling for a replay of a classic UNC-Duke matchup (see ESPN Classic below).

-- ESPN International: Coverage offered to approximately 120 countries worldwide, including on ESPN Taiwan, ESPN Israel, ESPN Mas (South America), ESPN Philippines, ESPN Atlantic, ESPN Pacific Rim, ESPN Dos, J-Sports (Japan) and more.

-- ESPN.com: Live chats, in-game polling for a replay of a classic UNC-Duke matchup (see ESPN Classic below) and highlights on ESPN Motion.

-- ESPNEWS: Frequent updates and analysis.

-- ESPN Zones: Viewing parties with fans wearing North Carolina or Duke colors and watching on ESPN HD and ESPN2 HD.

Pregame amp;& Postgame Plans for ESPNU Full Circle: North Carolina at Duke

-- ESPN: College GameDay Fueled by Diet Dew on location in Durham for multiple shows and daily reports, plus SportsCenter coverage and related guests on numerous talk shows such as Jim Rome is Burning.

-- ESPN2: The U studio show on location in Chapel Hill for live pregame program, plus K-Ville documentary about Duke students who camp out for games.

-- ESPNU: Duke and North Carolina Cram Session (programming theme block), plus several related specials, including K-Ville, Faces of Sport and Honor Roll: Fiercest Rivalries.

ESPN Classic: Replays of top North Carolina-Duke games over the years, related specials, plus a replay telecast of one of the best games in the rivalry's history (voted by fans on ESPN.com and Mobile ESPN ) immediately following the live game.

-- ESPN.com: ESPN Motion video previews from ESPN experts plus postgame highlights, video blog by ESPN.com senior writer Andy Katz, SportsNation polling related to North Carolina and Duke fans, topical chat sessions and postgame column from Katz.

ESPN360: A dedicated North Carolina-Duke channel featuring condensed versions of the top five games between the two teams, a music video retrospective on the two teams, plus a condensed version of the March 4 game and multiple-part series on top North Carlolina-Duke moments and teams.

-- ESPNEWS: Pregame segments on The Pulse, including fan polls and e-mails, plus live postgame press conferences.

ESPN International: Theme block of top North Carolina-Duke games on ESPN Classic Europe.

-- ESPN Radio: Live presence in Durham for weekly College GameDay radio program (Saturday), plus frequent guests and commentary in the days surrounding the game.

-- ESPN Wireless: North Carolina-Duke trivia tidbits with Stump The Schwab star Howie Schwab.

Mobile ESPN: Features on top college basketball players.

-- ESPN on Demand: Replays of the March 4 game and the top five North Carolina-Duke matchups.

-- ESPN The Magazine: Preview coverage, including GameNight piece with North Carolina and Duke players plus Senator John Edwards in a game of H-O-R-S-E (also on ESPN.com) with the corresponding video of GameNight presented through ESPN Motion and ESPN360.

Awesome stuff yellow snow. And the best part about it is dUKe got busted in front of all those people!!!
Anyone know ESPN's ratings on this. Were they any higher than they would have been if it was only showe on ESPN's regular channel?
[quote author=corndog23 link=topic=20328.msg207940#msg207940 date=1142006324]
Awesome stuff yellow snow. And the best part about it is dUKe got busted in front of all those people!!!
[/quote]

I knew you'd come around to liking me, corndog... Everyone usually does given the proper amount of time.....but alfus is a bit overdue.  Looks as if I'm gonna hafta work overtime on that boy...... :clap:
[quote author=Yellow Snow link=topic=20328.msg207936#msg207936 date=1142005787]
IF you didn't think ESPN overdid it just a bit, check out this....... Have/would they do this for any other team other than Dook? Not a chance.

--ESPNU Full Circle complete schedule: North Carolina at Duke

-- ESPN: Traditional game telecast with commentators Brad Nessler (play-by-play), Dick Vitale (analyst) and reporter Erin Andrews (reporter) plus "look-ins" to how other entities are covering the game.

-- ESPN2: Entire game action live from "Above the Rim" camera (traditional feed during deadballs).

-- ESPN and ESPN2 HD: Both ESPN HD and ESPN2 HD will offer high definition presentations of game coverage; the widescreen view provided by HD's 16x9 aspect ratio will offer a unique glimpse into offensive and defensive strategy, particularly for ESPN2 HD's "Above the Rim" telecast.

-- ESPNU: Entire game live from cameras on and within famed "Cameron Crazies" (Duke student fans) section, split screen with traditional feed.

-- ESPN360: Live traditional game feed on ESPN's customized broadband service enhanced with extra stats not featured on telecast, hosted by ESPN Radio's Jeff Rickard.

Mobile ESPN: Game alerts, live updates and in-game polling for a replay of a classic UNC-Duke matchup (see ESPN Classic below).

-- ESPN International: Coverage offered to approximately 120 countries worldwide, including on ESPN Taiwan, ESPN Israel, ESPN Mas (South America), ESPN Philippines, ESPN Atlantic, ESPN Pacific Rim, ESPN Dos, J-Sports (Japan) and more.

-- ESPN.com: Live chats, in-game polling for a replay of a classic UNC-Duke matchup (see ESPN Classic below) and highlights on ESPN Motion.

-- ESPNEWS: Frequent updates and analysis.

-- ESPN Zones: Viewing parties with fans wearing North Carolina or Duke colors and watching on ESPN HD and ESPN2 HD.

Pregame amp;& Postgame Plans for ESPNU Full Circle: North Carolina at Duke

-- ESPN: College GameDay Fueled by Diet Dew on location in Durham for multiple shows and daily reports, plus SportsCenter coverage and related guests on numerous talk shows such as Jim Rome is Burning.

-- ESPN2: The U studio show on location in Chapel Hill for live pregame program, plus K-Ville documentary about Duke students who camp out for games.

-- ESPNU: Duke and North Carolina Cram Session (programming theme block), plus several related specials, including K-Ville, Faces of Sport and Honor Roll: Fiercest Rivalries.

ESPN Classic: Replays of top North Carolina-Duke games over the years, related specials, plus a replay telecast of one of the best games in the rivalry's history (voted by fans on ESPN.com and Mobile ESPN ) immediately following the live game.

-- ESPN.com: ESPN Motion video previews from ESPN experts plus postgame highlights, video blog by ESPN.com senior writer Andy Katz, SportsNation polling related to North Carolina and Duke fans, topical chat sessions and postgame column from Katz.

ESPN360: A dedicated North Carolina-Duke channel featuring condensed versions of the top five games between the two teams, a music video retrospective on the two teams, plus a condensed version of the March 4 game and multiple-part series on top North Carlolina-Duke moments and teams.

-- ESPNEWS: Pregame segments on The Pulse, including fan polls and e-mails, plus live postgame press conferences.

ESPN International: Theme block of top North Carolina-Duke games on ESPN Classic Europe.

-- ESPN Radio: Live presence in Durham for weekly College GameDay radio program (Saturday), plus frequent guests and commentary in the days surrounding the game.

-- ESPN Wireless: North Carolina-Duke trivia tidbits with Stump The Schwab star Howie Schwab.

Mobile ESPN: Features on top college basketball players.

-- ESPN on Demand: Replays of the March 4 game and the top five North Carolina-Duke matchups.

-- ESPN The Magazine: Preview coverage, including GameNight piece with North Carolina and Duke players plus Senator John Edwards in a game of H-O-R-S-E (also on ESPN.com) with the corresponding video of GameNight presented through ESPN Motion and ESPN360.

[/quote]

With all this going for 'ya, why the need to recruit??  Totally unfair to say the least.
Pages: 1 2 3 4