Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How dumb is this dUKe UNC coverage on ESPN?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
"98NCCalum" Wrote:Jusst looked at the schedule what other game would you show?

Why not show bass fishing or the 2003 worlds strongest man. anything other 5 ways to watch UNC bust dUKe's rear on national television.....
I dont know who changed my title but, thats a false statement.
"98NCCalum" Wrote:I love this site and all that QQ does for it, but this site especially being free lends itself to kids getting on here and spouting off.

I made it a point to myself when i joined here and especially when I became a mod that I would not argue wth any kids on here.

You have proven by your immature statements above that you are in fact a kid.

Grow up and when you can bring some actual facts to an argument I may go back and forth with you again on here, until then.....

And for your information, I work for the government, have a college education and went to a very good High School. And College.

Have a nice day.

If you are going to brag about your education and job to a bunch of "kids" work on your grammar. First of all, you should never start a sentence with and. Secondly, you should have combined your last two sentences.
Moofer actually watched it tho!
"TheBlackHole" Wrote:Moofer actually watched it tho!

blackhole lived it.....
why are you picking on me you are acting like a duke fan.
"98NCCalum" Wrote:Calling someone stupid really makes you look intelligent.

Calling people names will not keep you around here for long.

On march 2nd at 1:51 P.M. in the thread titled Are ACC officials biased towards Duke, you said this, "I don't hate UK. Just the ignorant fans." Does calling people ignorant make you look intelligent? Are you calling yourself out also?
"TWOONE" Wrote:On march 2nd at 1:51 P.M. in the thread titled Are ACC officials biased towards Duke, you said this, "I don't hate UK. Just the ignorant fans." Does calling people ignorant make you look intelligent? Are you calling yourself out also?
How about you post the whole quote?

I prefaced my statement...he did not.
It looks like you guys said the same thing to me.
why dont they just go ahead and show it on ESPN Deportes too?
"corndog23" Wrote:why dont they just go ahead and show it on ESPN Deportes too?

Hola! Odio duque Balencesto!
"TWOONE" Wrote:Hola! Odio duque Balencesto!
:lmao:
Before you respond to Corndog anymore, you have to realize, he is the BIGGEST HOMER EVER. Fact.
Sorry Corndog, but you know this to be true.
"98NCCalum" Wrote:I love this site and all that QQ does for it, but this site especially being free lends itself to kids getting on here and spouting off.

I made it a point to myself when i joined here and especially when I became a mod that I would not argue wth any kids on here.

You have proven by your immature statements above that you are in fact a kid.

Grow up and when you can bring some actual facts to an argument I may go back and forth with you again on here, until then.....

And for your information, I work for the government, have a college education and went to a very good High School. And College.

Have a nice day.

Nice post, all though I still dont agree with all the coverage. lol
I personally don't like Duke but I'm siding with NCC on this one. UNC and Duke is a huge rivalry that many people across the country want to see. I for one will probably watch this game just because of the rivalry. ESPN is looking for games that will draw a huge viewing audience and this will be a game that will draw an audience. Like on Sunday UK vs Fla. will be on ESPN. This game is a rivalry so therefore it should draw a big audience.
"TheBlackHole" Wrote:I dont hate KENTUCKY!

My dd doesnt know a thing about college basketball and knows that PUKE is a good team. I am not saying they have a bad team because that would be a dumb thing to say, but I can say I dont like them. Sure UK isnt having the best year but they still have had better years than PUKE. Until they prove otherwise UK is still better than them.

Sorry fellow BGR member...but you cannot and never will be able to spell Puke without UK...so keep trashing Duke and calling them Puke..but then go back to that statement..Puke will always have a U and a K right in the middle..and no..Saturday's showings on 5 ESPN Networks is not stupid..this is the biggest rivalry ever in College Basketball..these two teams are set on the same road..Tobacco Road..only 5 miles apart and you all are saying this game is too hyped and Duke is being biased toward..please..give me a break..name me a better rivalry in college hoops or a bigger game this Saturday..that would be nice to hear...and then..just then I might consider Saturday being a mistake by ESPN.
"SVHSFootball" Wrote:Sorry fellow BGR member...but you cannot and never will be able to spell Puke without UK...so keep trashing Duke and calling them Puke..but then go back to that statement..Puke will always have a U and a K right in the middle..and no..Saturday's showings on 5 ESPN Networks is not stupid..this is the biggest rivalry ever in College Basketball..these two teams are set on the same road..Tobacco Road..only 5 miles apart and you all are saying this game is too hyped and Duke is being biased toward..please..give me a break..name me a better rivalry in college hoops or a bigger game this Saturday..that would be nice to hear...and then..just then I might consider Saturday being a mistake by ESPN.

noone is disputing the fact that it is not the biggest rivalry in college basketball. I would not have had such a problem with it had it only been 2 networks. maybe espn and espnu, but they went WAY overboard with this. What are the people who do not want to watch this game going to do? like someone stated earlier, the same people who were going to watch before are going to watch, and the same people who werent going to watch before are still not going to watch! there would be more people watch espn2, and espn combined if they were going to show sportscenter or something. had the game only been aired on one channel, the same amount of people would still watch, bnut since its on 5 things, the same amount of people will be spread out among 5 networks and there will be some ESPN fans, myself included, left with nothing to watch tommorow night....
"BCF4L" Wrote:I personally don't like Duke but I'm siding with NCC on this one. UNC and Duke is a huge rivalry that many people across the country want to see. I for one will probably watch this game just because of the rivalry. ESPN is looking for games that will draw a huge viewing audience and this will be a game that will draw an audience. Like on Sunday UK vs Fla. will be on ESPN. This game is a rivalry so therefore it should draw a big audience.

like i said, i dont dispute it being on espn, i dispute that they are showing the same thing 5 different places. Its not smart from a business standpoint IMO.
The fact that people think that a whole television channel being devoted to just showing the Cameron fans/Duke students is justified ,is so biased towards Duke there's no point in even trying to argue with them...Thats the dumbest damn thing I've ever heard..What sane person in a right state of mind is going to sit and watch a channel of nothing but Duke fans..The coverage is ridiculous, and I would say that for any school...
"corndog23" Wrote:noone is disputing the fact that it is not the biggest rivalry in college basketball. I would not have had such a problem with it had it only been 2 networks. maybe espn and espnu, but they went WAY overboard with this. What are the people who do not want to watch this game going to do? like someone stated earlier, the same people who were going to watch before are going to watch, and the same people who werent going to watch before are still not going to watch! there would be more people watch espn2, and espn combined if they were going to show sportscenter or something. had the game only been aired on one channel, the same amount of people would still watch, bnut since its on 5 things, the same amount of people will be spread out among 5 networks and there will be some ESPN fans, myself included, left with nothing to watch tommorow night....

Hate to tell you..but there is ABC, CBS, MSNBC, TBS, CSTV, all of these channels also show college basketball games..so if you don't know how to click over from ESPN to these channels..like you've obviously stated saying you are left with nothing to watch, I am sorry for you, as there are many other channels that are affililiates of the NCAA. So try a new channel every once in a while and quit hating on Duke.
"SVHSFootball" Wrote:Hate to tell you..but there is ABC, CBS, MSNBC, TBS, CSTV, all of these channels also show college basketball games..so if you don't know how to click over from ESPN to these channels..like you've obviously stated saying you are left with nothing to watch, I am sorry for you, as there are many other channels that are affililiates of the NCAA. So try a new channel every once in a while and quit hating on Duke.

TBS and MSNBC doesn't show college basketball games..What are you talking about?
"SVHSFootball" Wrote:Hate to tell you..but there is ABC, CBS, MSNBC, TBS, CSTV, all of these channels also show college basketball games..so if you don't know how to click over from ESPN to these channels..like you've obviously stated saying you are left with nothing to watch, I am sorry for you, as there are many other channels that are affililiates of the NCAA. So try a new channel every once in a while and quit hating on Duke.

do me a favor and look at what sports casts are being aired tommorow on all these channels from 9 to 12......

Ill hate on dUKe if i want to.....
"corndog23" Wrote:do me a favor and look at what sports casts are being aired tommorow on all these channels from 9 to 12......

Ill hate on dUKe if i want to.....

You going to watch the game Corndog?
If you dont like watching it..
Find another Sports Provider and stop watching it?
Simple as that. I'm done in this ridiculous thread, and with you my friend.
i agree that ESPN is going a bit overboard on the coverage for this game
"Cameron Crazy" Wrote:If you dont like watching it..
Find another Sports Provider and stop watching it?
Simple as that. I'm done in this ridiculous thread, and with you my friend.

dont call me your friend......im far from that....
"Eike Kusch" Wrote:You going to watch the game Corndog?

i probably will watch alot of it, lol. i just wish it wasnt the only thing i can watch. id rather watch a division III conference quarterfinal.

by the way, all you dUKe lovers out there, im not pissed because it is dUKe. if it were Michigan Ohio State football i would still be pissed. dont flatter yourselves into thinking i am mad ONLY because its dUKe. i hate UNC too....
You know considering Duke and Unc is one of the biggest rivarlys in college basketball, why not coverage on every espn channel? Is there any big games going on? Im sure there isnt because this is the primetime game. Plus i hate duke but i like watchin the duke unc games because there always intense dont matter who the players is playing.
Loco Loco Loco!
"corndog23" Wrote:like i said, i dont dispute it being on espn, i dispute that they are showing the same thing 5 different places. Its not smart from a business standpoint IMO.
Again I ask, and you have never answered the three times i've asked it.

What gives you the intelligence and forthright to tell a multi-national, multi billion dollar company what is good and what is not good their programming?
Pages: 1 2 3 4