Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell Co-24 vs Harlan Co-14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Stardust Wrote:Hiding!!!

Anybody that knows me know I do not hide from anything......I posted congratulated, and ate my crow.
HC has a good team congrats on a good game and thier game plan on Davenport sort of worked but we cam out on top good luck Black Bears in the playoffs!:Thumbs:
NothingTrivial Wrote:Haha, very nice play on my use of words...I like it. Good luck to you guys in the playoffs. Bowling Green looked tough tonight.
that was supposed to be a picture of a crow on a plate...can't get my pics to work right tonight....lol...sorta like other things not going our way tonight too!

oh well..that pics gonna look good come Christmas!...:biggrin:

Still love my Black Bears!...very proud of their season this far and look for them to keep advancing forward!
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Something caught my eye in this game, I'm not complaining, made it more enjoyable to me. There was a group of HC men standing in the back of the endzone on the scoreboard side jawing Bell players all night..after the Oslonian run, anyone notice him run up to the group of them and jaw right back at them? Big Grin

I noticed that as well...they were jawing at oslonian when he was back in the endzone on D. I know he's going to get an earfull from coach for that, but I like that the kid has enough fire to go out and make a play to shut them up like that.
LivingTheDream Wrote:I don't have a dog in this fight, but this game probably came down to one play!

With seconds left in the third quarter, the Black Bears had the ball 1st and goal at the three-yard line. Instead of punching it in, and taking a 21-12 lead in the fourth, a senseless, irresponsible, atrocious personal foul penalty on the HC tight end, gave the Bears a 1st and 10 from the 21.

Give Bell the credit for holding HC on four downs, but I really think the Black Bears would have won the game if not for that penalty. It was a good call, as the tight end threw the player to the ground after the whistle. I don't think the HC player was being dirty, just a little too careless.

Great game by both teams. I hope they both go on to win the title in their respective classes!

Fact is Bell gets the victory and congrats to them. Hope Bell does great on their run for the state title. Fact is that personal foul call was a horrible call. Nothing but football pancake block. On the same play Mcmillian was brutally face masked and no call. That call changed the outcome. The personal foul was called and the face mask wasnt and thats it. Bells defense stood strong and gained the victory. Hats off to Bell.
BB CLAW Wrote:Fact is Bell gets the victory and congrats to them. Hope Bell does great on their run for the state title. Fact is that personal foul call was a horrible call. Nothing but football pancake block. On the same play Mcmillian was brutally face masked and no call. That call changed the outcome. The personal foul was called and the face mask wasnt and thats it. Bells defense stood strong and gained the victory. Hats off to Bell.

McMillan was definetely face masked on that play...
BB CLAW Wrote:Fact is Bell gets the victory and congrats to them. Hope Bell does great on their run for the state title. Fact is that personal foul call was a horrible call. Nothing but football pancake block. On the same play Mcmillian was brutally face masked and no call. That call changed the outcome. The personal foul was called and the face mask wasnt and thats it. Bells defense stood strong and gained the victory. Hats off to Bell.

That same player was killing Dylan Cox well after the play was called dead for 3 full quarters.

I didn't see the face mask so I can't comment, but I did see the personal foul and to say its nothing but a pancake block is crazy. When the whistle blows, you continue to push a kid 4-5 yards up field, then sling him to the ground, that's a personal foul. Like it or not. Overall it was a well officiated game, their were missed calls for both sides, but the refs let the boys play. Can't ask for much more.

Why was it after the PF against you guys it was 1st and 10. He only marked the PF off 2 yards and didn't lose the down?
McMillian got the first down around the 10 yard line after getting his head whipped back with the face mask on a cut back. Then the flag for personal foul. Then the qtr ended HC 14 Bell 12. Switch ends for the 4th qtr. Bears get it around the 21 yard line first and ten. The Bears were rolling down the field til this flag. The video will show it clearly. Congrats to the Bell County Bobcats. You got the win and I wish you well in the playoffs. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Don't forget it was a Harlan Co refs tonight. Wink

Harlan County lost with there on refs, what would have happen if it was Bell refs.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Why was it after the PF against you guys it was 1st and 10. He only marked the PF off 2 yards and didn't lose the down?

I think it was after the play and McMillian had picked up a first down on the 5 yard the personal foul the moved it out to the 20.

I agree no real complaints about the officiating.
LivingTheDream Wrote:I don't have a dog in this fight, but this game probably came down to one play!

With seconds left in the third quarter, the Black Bears had the ball 1st and goal at the three-yard line. Instead of punching it in, and taking a 21-12 lead in the fourth, a senseless, irresponsible, atrocious personal foul penalty on the HC tight end, gave the Bears a 1st and 10 from the 21.

Give Bell the credit for holding HC on four downs, but I really think the Black Bears would have won the game if not for that penalty. It was a good call, as the tight end threw the player to the ground after the whistle. I don't think the HC player was being dirty, just a little too careless.

Great game by both teams. I hope they both go on to win the title in their respective classes!

I hope Harlan learns from making these penaltys, It could hurt them at a team like Franklin.
MVP2 Wrote:The Bobcats are the "King of the Mts" and have been for the last few years. Bell Co still hasnt lost to a Mt team @ home since 06.

Guess who it was to.........Rockcastle County. Rock beat them twice in the 06 season, including in the playoffs and in 05 Bell lost at home in the playoffs.
^That truly shows how great that rivalry is. Since Rock had those down years, nobody else in the mountains has beaten them, and Rock did it numerous times, and Bell County returned the favor.
LWC Wrote:Guess who it was to.........Rockcastle County. Rock beat them twice in the 06 season, including in the playoffs and in 05 Bell lost at home in the playoffs.

That shutout @ home in the playoffs was a tough loss to swallow.
Patriot Wrote:I think it was after the play and McMillian had picked up a first down on the 5 yard the personal foul the moved it out to the 20.

Officiating was pretty fair both ways.
Sounds like it was a great game but, Bell County proves that they're still the best team in the Mountains!! :1:

Congrats Bobcats!!
Patriot Wrote:I think it was after the play and McMillian had picked up a first down on the 5 yard the personal foul the moved it out to the 20.

watching the iHigh replay, I'll get back to you on the facemask.
Great win by the Bobcats. Looked really bad in the 1st half no aggression shown. 2nd half was total turn around. Coach Mills did a great job of getting the Bobcats ready to meet the challenge.
I love Harlan Football. Best football experience ever. Keep your heads up . You have the pride and the community behind you.
CATDAD2 Wrote:Congrats to HC, very hard faught game. Hats off to Bells defense, really stopped HC when it counted. Bells speed was just too much in tonights match up.:thanks:

I will have to say that HC whipped Bell Co all night up and down the field. Bell Co had three great plays of long runs and that was it. Other than that that HC physically wore them out. Guess the score board shows the winner as Bell but they were whipped up front the whole night by the HC line. HC never had to punt.
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:That was a nice game to go watch a nice classic! Harlan County has a really good football team. The Bobcats showed pride and came back and won!! To show who the real number 1 team is and also The King Of Mountains as this game was billed as!

the score was Bell 25 - Harlan 14 not 24-14

Blackbears has a really good team. they run the ball to much they need to develope a passing game and then they would be hard to beat.

I will same the same for Bell Co. How many passes did they complete tonight? With a better passing attack they would be really good.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:I didn't see the face mask so I can't comment, but I did see the personal foul and to say its nothing but a pancake block is crazy. When the whistle blows, you continue to push a kid 4-5 yards up field, then sling him to the ground, that's a personal foul. Like it or not. Overall it was a well officiated game, their were missed calls for both sides, but the refs let the boys play. Can't ask for much more.

Actually the Bell player pulled the HC player to ground and there was a face mask not called.
HAT51 Wrote:Actually the Bell player pulled the HC player to ground and there was a face mask not called.

Watching the replay, I'm not sure it was a facemask. McMillian is fast. Very fast..looked to me like the Bell tackler had his hand on the shoulder pad and McMillians momentum made it look so violent. I just didnt see a facemask. And from the Bell sideline sure looked to me like it was Cox that was on the receiving end of hitting the ground, and had been 3 or 4 plays before that after the whistle had blowed. The iHigh guys were seeing the same thing.
On this play, the Bears had just marched the ball 60 yards down the field to the 5 yard line. McMillian on his way to the 5 made a cutback had his head jerked around with the face mask and continued on to the five. In the meantime the HC blocker away from the ball was finishing a pancake block at the same time Mcmillian was finishing his run. The face mask was very obvious. The Bears shouldve started the 4th qtr on the 2 and a half with first down. The personal foul was terrible call and the uncalled face mask was too. This did change the outcome of this game. All is on the game film and clear. Momentum changed and Bells defense strengthened up and held the bears from the twenty out of the endzone. Hats off to Bell. Bears had 20 first downs and Bell had 10. Bell had three big plays and not much more at all on the rushing side. Oslonian showed how much class he has..NONE. Thats on game film too. Also, all in all the officiating wasn't bad, with the exception of that lame Personal foul call and the missed face mask call. Again Hats off to Bell County. They got the win. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!
BB CLAW Wrote:On this play, the Bears had just marched the ball 60 yards down the field to the 5 yard line. McMillian on his way to the 5 made a cutback had his head jerked around with the face mask and continued on to the five. In the meantime the HC blocker away from the ball was finishing a pancake block at the same time Mcmillian was finishing his run. The face mask was very obvious. The Bears shouldve started the 4th qtr on the 2 and a half with first down. The personal foul was terrible call and the uncalled face mask was too. This did change the outcome of this game. All is on the game film and clear. Momentum changed and Bells defense strengthened up and held the bears from the twenty out of the endzone. Hats off to Bell. Bears had 20 first downs and Bell had 10. Bell had three big plays and not much more at all on the rushing side. Oslonian showed how much class he has..NONE. Thats on game film too. Also, all in all the officiating wasn't bad, with the exception of that lame Personal foul call and the missed face mask call. Again Hats off to Bell County. They got the win. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!

Okay, it's one thing that you claim it was a pancake, clearly a PF, he was lucky it wasn't called earlier, the refs let it go 3 or 4 times, but calling a high school KID classless? yea, pot meet kettle. You wanna call somebody classless aim it at the classless bunch of HC fans in the back of the endzone that was jawing and talking bad to him every time he was near the endzone.:redboxer:
Not saying either side of the fence was right, but from what I saw he was the one jawing and even provoking then later capped it off with more.
HAT51 Wrote:I will have to say that HC whipped Bell Co all night up and down the field. Bell Co had three great plays of long runs and that was it. Other than that that HC physically wore them out. Guess the score board shows the winner as Bell but they were whipped up front the whole night by the HC line. HC never had to punt.
bell line whipped harlans .second scoring drive drove it down there for the score .too bad harlan couldnt get no more than three or four yards a carry .if they couldnt at least get that then they wouldnt be any good at all .they never had to punt because they got stopped on 4th down .that awsome running attack couldnt get 10 yards on 4 downs the last 2 series of the game tells me they got their buts handed to them when it mattered most.correct me if i am wrong ,but i think harlan scored their points in the first quarter then were shut out the rest of the game.if thats getting whipped i will take that EVERYweek .:flame:
:redboxer:[quote=BellCoFaithful]Okay, it's one thing that you claim it was a pancake, clearly a PF, he was lucky it wasn't called earlier, the refs let it go 3 or 4 times, but calling a high school KID classless? yea, pot meet kettle. You wanna call somebody classless aim it at the classless bunch of HC fans in the back of the endzone that was jawing and talking bad to him every time he was near the endzone.:redboxer:[/QUOTE
same with their players ,us having senior night and them throwing balls around where we were standing . then when marsee told them to get out of the way they stood behind us cussing .the cheerleader behind us keep saying did u here what he said.DID our players act like that last year i dont think so ,,they act like somebody owes them something.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8