Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How long will Coach Rhodes stay at Cordia?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Aslan Wrote:Mannnn, you guys are optimistic.

We are.....I don't see it. If Davis is healthy, then I say Knott and Cordia are the best two in the 53rd, if he is not, then Cordia and Letcher are. Yes, Knott still has the really good freshman, and probably the best player(Justice), but I do believe without Davis Cordia has the better team.
Guys how can you speculate on a team without the pieces every being together. Collective talent does not ensure success on any level. It does improve the likelihood of it. You are putting too much pressure on the new coach, its new players, and the current ones. Pressure makes for problems.
Who cares!!!!!! If he coaches anything like he played he will just quit and transfer just like he did for the cats. Stop making him to be a basketball legend here in Kentucky.
Letcher is bottom tier in the region...
I think Cordia has a real shot at beating them both times..
They return all players except one correct?
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I do not believe I stated that LCC was a titan. I do not believe you will find anywhere that I have predicted that they will win the region or even the district. I have not made any predictions as have many of the Cordia Kool-Aid drinkers. So you want me to put it on the line.

Okay here is my offer.

On January 24, LCC plays at Cordia. If LCC wins you cannot post any comments on Bluegrassrivals for 1 week following the game. If Cordia wins, I will not post any comments on Bluegrassrivals for 1 week following the game.

On February 3, Cordia plays at LCC. The same rules apply. Whoever loses does not post on Bluegrassrivals for 1 week.

This means any thread on Bluegrassrivals for 1 week after each game.

One other catch. If LCC sweeps the regular season, you cannot post on any threads on Bluegrassrivals until after the final game of the boys Sweet Sixteen. The same for me if Cordia sweeps the regular season.

Bawlers, I believe I made a bet with you.
Ballers Wrote:Sounds like a winner to me.

And you accepted the bet. Bye Bye Bawlers. See you in a week.
ballers Wrote:letcher is bottom tier in the region...
I think cordia has a real shot at beating them both times..
They return all players except one correct?

yeah ok.... Lol
I hear he has some new recruits coming as we speak from Mexico.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Bawlers, I believe I made a bet with you.

L o L

I don't think he has a computer now anyway.
I think deep down at heart OrangenowBlue really wants to be a Lion, but is not willing to come out of the closet lol!!!! Smile
^I don't think Hot Rod even wants to be a lion right now lol
I dont think anyone wants to be a Lion except the people that live on lotts creek
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:I think deep down at heart OrangenowBlue really wants to be a Lion, but is not willing to come out of the closet lol!!!! Smile

Actually I heard they were changing their names. Due to the way the kids have been screwed over by Coach Rhodes, it is rumored that they were changing their name to the Nittany Lions. No I have never had no secret desires to be a Lion. I am a Riverside Rams type person. A school where they teach you how to read and write. A school where they lose with their dignity and self respect still intact. A school that the coach attends every game. A school where they do not lie, cheat, and break every rule and still lose.
hey Orangenowblue, if you were at the LCC vs Cordia game, do you know who ended up coaching them since Rhodes wasn't there?
ANEWPAT Wrote:hey Orangenowblue, if you were at the LCC vs Cordia game, do you know who ended up coaching them since Rhodes wasn't there?

I wasn't there. I traveled to Perry Central and watched the PCC/LCC girls game.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Actually I heard they were changing their names. Due to the way the kids have been screwed over by Coach Rhodes, it is rumored that they were changing their name to the Nittany Lions. No I have never had no secret desires to be a Lion. I am a Riverside Rams type person. A school where they teach you how to read and write. A school where they lose with their dignity and self respect still intact. A school that the coach attends every game. A school where they do not lie, cheat, and break every rule and still lose.
Sounds like you are describing Whitesburg back in the day when John High was having all of his success. I am sure your description of the residents on Lotts Creek are buck tooth, beer belly and spitting in a bottle. I am sure that the percentage of people that have gone to college from Cordia would totally agree with the know it all animal lurking in a Pine Mountain cave. It is really disgusting that you always want to bring in perverted points of views "not enough in Virgins in Lotts Creek" "Kids like Nittany Lions" Why don't you think before you speak sometimes??
ah boys...
ANEWPAT Wrote:hey Orangenowblue, if you were at the LCC vs Cordia game, do you know who ended up coaching them since Rhodes wasn't there?
Why does it matter? It was the tall bald headed guy from what I hear, but who cares? It wasn't Rhodes for whatever reason he could find, not good in my opinion.
Owsley County beat Cordia tonight by 16. Hudson had a couple of dunks, one was a one hander off a missed shot that rimmed out that was impressive. But the Lions sure didn't shoot very well, and they took a bunch of 3's instead of working the ball into Hudson. Hudson also stayed far from the basket too much for a guy his size, and took several 3's himself.
D1Recruiter Wrote:Why does it matter? It was the tall bald headed guy from what I hear, but who cares? It wasn't Rhodes for whatever reason he could find, not good in my opinion.

Curiousity!! Was actually wondering if the Smith guy decided to return. Jimmy Closterman coached. Don't know him, but one of Cordia's fans said he has been on the bench all year. He is said to be a great guy and pastors a church that meets in Cordia's cafeteria. I am just hoping the people in charge up there wake up and get those boys a coach they can depend on.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Owsley County beat Cordia tonight by 16. Hudson had a couple of dunks, one was a one hander off a missed shot that rimmed out that was impressive. But the Lions sure didn't shoot very well, and they took a bunch of 3's instead of working the ball into Hudson. Hudson also stayed far from the basket too much for a guy his size, and took several 3's himself.

Was Rhodes back?
The Pastor has been there all year, Smith was at the KCC/Breathitt game, seen him talking to Fugate and the radio guys. Dont think he will be returning as long as Rhodes is there. Dunno if Rhodes is back though
calipari4prez Wrote:The Pastor has been there all year, Smith was at the KCC/Breathitt game, seen him talking to Fugate and the radio guys. Dont think he will be returning as long as Rhodes is there. Dunno if Rhodes is back though

I am glad that someone is looking out for the kids at Cordia.
How long will Coach Rhodes stay at Cordia?

Well I'd now say 3/4 of a year. He's missed a few games for some different reasons so he hasn't coached a full year IMO.
I'd like for Rhodes to get him about 3 or 4 more good players to go with Hudson. Not stars, just good average players. Some size and shooting ability would be a plus. Hopefully some of the kids riding the PINE at Perry Central and Hazard will wake up and get out of there. Hatcher plays 7 players and Hazard plays about 8. Theres a lot of wasted talent at all the schools. GO SOMEWHERE YOU CAN PLAY!
Cordia looked really bad tongiht, Owsley drop back into a simple 2-3 zone and cordia player want not even get close hey where jacking up thress from 6 and 7 feet behingd the line and shot several. The only player they had looked like he was trying was the big guy and at times he did not either. wow its hard to believe the coach won't bother coaching his team.
Just talked to a Cordia fan who said Rhodes didn't coach at the Owsley game. He said word is Rhodes will be back on Lotts Creek this weekend but that the truth is a lot of people are starting to wish he would just stay in California. So sad for the boys who are trying to give a 100% on that team.
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear. Most of the opinions on here about Rhodes are from ignoranance and spectulation, most have never seen him coach a game or practice. Yes I understand he has had the misfortune of being suspended, he did not miss a game in Bracken County Tournament, and had a personal issue that he had to be present for this week. All the hatred and animosity on here for Rhodes comes from what people are afraid he will accomplish in the future if he stays. Maybe some of you guys could help poor little cordia by paying your $5 and attending a game. Haters are motivators!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The_Rock Wrote:I'd like for Rhodes to get him about 3 or 4 more good players to go with Hudson. Not stars, just good average players. Some size and shooting ability would be a plus. Hopefully some of the kids riding the PINE at Perry Central and Hazard will wake up and get out of there. Hatcher plays 7 players and Hazard plays about 8. Theres a lot of wasted talent at all the schools. GO SOMEWHERE YOU CAN PLAY!

Hatcher and Holland don't WASTE talent lol
Rhodes is back on Lotts Creek......he had to take care of some NBA stuff in California....Hudson is going to be a star....and with what is going to be around him coming up.....Rhodes will be here a while.....so that will give you something to worry about for a while!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10