Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How long will Coach Rhodes stay at Cordia?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
zaga_fan Wrote:Rodrick Rhodes posted this on his Facebook with the caption...
WE BALL...WE WORK HARD....

Could this be the transfers?!?!?!
[Image: 279050_10150244276186723_677806722_7968662_60434.jpg]

Yes, these are the two transfer's. I only know the name of the boy in the red, his name is Chris Hudson.
yea, kid in the reds hudson being recruited hard by south carolina..dont kno much bout the other but as far as i can see 14th region better watch out for the lions!!!!
Sweet Pics, I'm glad to see the transfers actaully at Cordia and not just rumored anymore. Go Lions!
Just a little info about Chris Hudson from Max Preps.

[Image: Untitled.png]
WALL2WALL Wrote:Yes, these are the two transfer's. I only know the name of the boy in the red, his name is Chris Hudson.

The other one is named Akeem Williams and I can't find any stats on him.
All I have said about LCC is there basketball team is just not that good this year. They are big and stron but will not be able to get up and down the court with Cordia and they have NO ONE who is a good hand to shoot the ball. This is a basketball thread, not the entire school athletics program thread to who gives a load about the rest of their sports, stay on topic!!!!

I have been saying they were defiantly coming from day one, really kept it quiet for the longest time way before the rumors started on here.

People this kid is getting looked at by top colleges, he is a guard and is only going to get taller, his dad is 6'8" and he is about 6'3" or 6'4". IMO the top 4 teams in this region is Buckhorn, Knott, Perry, and Cordia in no particular order! This is Single Handedly is the worst team that Big Al has ever had in his coaching career. This suppose below .500 Cordia team just lost to Hazard this summer by 4 points. And they walked up and down the court for most of the game. A new coach who they will get in shape in under and 2 new players, they are a top 4 team in this region. If I had to put them 4 teams in order right now it would be

1. Knott
2. Buckhorn
3. PCC
4. Cordia
zaga_fan Wrote:The other one is named Akeem Williams and I can't find any stats on him.

They got 3 transfers, the 3rd name is Colbi Johnson. They say that Hudson is the real deal though from what I've heard. They also picked up Zach Owens from Knott Central, that'll be a bigger help than most people think. Hudson which is the oldest will only be a sophomore. Looks like Cordia is here to stay!
Crazy Horse Wrote:All I have said about LCC is there basketball team is just not that good this year. They are big and stron but will not be able to get up and down the court with Cordia and they have NO ONE who is a good hand to shoot the ball. This is a basketball thread, not the entire school athletics program thread to who gives a load about the rest of their sports, stay on topic!!!!

I have been saying they were defiantly coming from day one, really kept it quiet for the longest time way before the rumors started on here.

People this kid is getting looked at by top colleges, he is a guard and is only going to get taller, his dad is 6'8" and he is about 6'3" or 6'4". IMO the top 4 teams in this region is Buckhorn, Knott, Perry, and Cordia in no particular order! This is Single Handedly is the worst team that Big Al has ever had in his coaching career. This suppose below .500 Cordia team just lost to Hazard this summer by 4 points. And they walked up and down the court for most of the game. A new coach who they will get in shape in under and 2 new players, they are a top 4 team in this region. If I had to put them 4 teams in order right now it would be

1. Knott
2. Buckhorn
3. PCC
4. Cordia

I wont make a bold prediction and say Cordia is a top 5 team yet. I've not seen these new kids play yet. I got a buddy who has a brother on the team this year and he's been to the open gyms and he's big on the Hudson kid. Cordia will have some pressure on them that they havent had in quite some time. Remember Rome wasnt built over night, if Cordia dont win the region this year ,they will return most of the team the following year to take a shot at it again.
MVP2 Wrote:I wont make a bold prediction and say Cordia is a top 5 team yet. I've not seen these new kids play yet. I got a buddy who has a brother on the team this year and he's been to the open gyms and he's big on the Hudson kid. Cordia will have some pressure on them that they havent had in quite some time. Remember Rome wasnt built over night, if Cordia dont win the region this year ,they will return most of the team the following year to take a shot of it again.

Good Point. If this does pan out for Cordia, they will have a very bright future. If and when it does happen, I will be the first to admit I was wrong.
Here is a picture of the b-ball team at a cookout or something....
No one on here looks like they are a threat in the paint but I'm sure there are some good guards in the group.
There are some pics up of them practicing and they look like they are practicing pretty hard.
We'll see what they do.
However, they have proven nothing by practicing with a few transfers and signing a former big name player as a coach.
Until the season starts we won't know what will happen.
Summer-ball and preseason is NOT any indicator of what any of these teams will do.
Perry beat a top-5 team in the state during preseason a few years ago and no one paid attention to that.

[Image: 228810_10150244909111723_677806722_79759...0760_n.jpg]
zaga_fan Wrote:That's what she said

Who is she?
zaga_fan Wrote:Here is a picture of the b-ball team at a cookout or something....
No one on here looks like they are a threat in the paint but I'm sure there are some good guards in the group.
There are some pics up of them practicing and they look like they are practicing pretty hard.
We'll see what they do.
However, they have proven nothing by practicing with a few transfers and signing a former big name player as a coach.
Until the season starts we won't know what will happen.
Summer-ball and preseason is NOT any indicator of what any of these teams will do.
Perry beat a top-5 team in the state during preseason a few years ago and no one paid attention to that.

[Image: 228810_10150244909111723_677806722_79759...0760_n.jpg]

This is only the boys who wanted their pic took, plenty of the team not in this pic.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Who is she?

Where ya been, bro?
Did you know Cordia is taking your District this year?
*Rumor* (I'll list this as a rumor, I dont know if it no more true than the next person on here)

Tonight I heard Williams is getting some interest from D1 schools too. Williams led his team to a state tournament appearance last season (Hightower High School). Williams is suposely having interest in him with schools such as Duke and Kansas St. With Hudson and Williams both only sophomores the future is bright for the Lions Den. Go Lions!
WALL2WALL Wrote:This is only the boys who wanted their pic took, plenty of the team not in this pic.

Then just pay attention to the very last portion of that post and forget I mentioned anything ever on this thread since you have a rebuttal for everything.

Here is comes.....

**officially retiring from this thread**

It's been a while since I've had to do that but this one's been overdue.

Rodrick:
Work your boys to death because you have your work cut out for you.
You knew that coming into this job and I'm sure you're prepared to do what is necessary to win some ball games.
Best of luck to you and most of all the kids.

To everyone on the thread:
See ya after football season....
when it matters Wink
Crazy Horse Wrote:All I have said about LCC is there basketball team is just not that good this year. They are big and stron but will not be able to get up and down the court with Cordia and they have NO ONE who is a good hand to shoot the ball. This is a basketball thread, not the entire school athletics program thread to who gives a load about the rest of their sports, stay on topic!!!!

1. Knott
2. Buckhorn
3. PCC
4. Cordia

If these players have family that didn't move to Lotts Creek along with them, according to the rules there is no way they can be eligible. The whole family must move.

By the way Cordia will not be better than Hazard. Hazard will be deep and talented. You shouldn't put much stock in summer ball.

1. Knott
2. Buckhorn
3. PCC
4. Cordia

Al's 2006 and then his 2007 teams at Perry was hands down the worst....

Hazard beat Cordia by 4 in Summer Ball LOL..... Summer Ball.... And without Bj Combs or Jordan Olinger...
MVP2 Wrote:*Rumor* (I'll list this as a rumor, I dont know if it no more true than the next person on here)

Tonight I heard Williams is getting some interest from D1 schools too. Williams led his team to a state tournament appearance last season (Hightower High School). Williams is suposely having interest in him with schools such as Duke and Kansas St. With Hudson and Williams both only sophomores the future is bright for the Lions Den. Go Lions!

I'm sorry I dont know the kid and he might be a great player but NO WAY IN HE!! .... No coach is going to let a player being looked at by Duke walk away.... And if he's that good then...

Why come to a school (Cordia) that has been bad for along time?

Why come to a region where no one D-1 scout look? <-- That's a big question, if he's that good there's a lot of big time prep schools out there...

Why come play for someone who has never been a head coach???? I know, I know great player but you still have to win as a coach...
I love Perry Central, but I would love to see Cordia win the 14th this year.
ekff Wrote:I'm sorry I dont know the kid and he might be a great player but NO WAY IN HE!! .... No coach is going to let a player being looked at by Duke walk away.... And if he's that good then...

Why come to a school (Cordia) that has been bad for along time?

Why come to a region where no one D-1 scout look? <-- That's a big question, if he's that good there's a lot of big time prep schools out there...

Why come play for someone who has never been a head coach???? I know, I know great player but you still have to win as a coach...

Right, I never said it. I listed it as a rumor. Those are all good questions, I'm with you if you are getting interest from Duke go to a prep school where you are more likely to get noticed over a very small school in EKY. Maybe its just to get that region championship at that small school that has NEVER won a regional title.Rhodes might just be at Cordia to get that first regional title for the school and than moving on, than help those boys get into a prep school if needed.I've been told Rhodes has connections with a lot of D-1 coaches so why would it matter if scouts come to the 14th region, Rhodes can send videos right? Rhodes could contact those scouts to come if needed right? Call up and say you need to come out and look at this kid. I dont know, just saying what I was told.

Heres a link.

http://www.bluegrasssportsreport.com/app...-transfers

I was just told bout this from someone close to the school. I dont even know the guy who wrote the article to the story (It could be all made up as far as I know). IMO It's highly unlikely a kid getting looks from Duke or KSU coming to the 14th region. JMO.Now, we all know the transfers are here, we'll have to wait untill Oct. to see how good they truly are without hear say. I know, I want to see Cordia get that 1st region title and Perry Central get that 1st playoff win in football, hopefully this is the year for both. Good Luck Lions!

Hurry Up Football Season!!!!
MVP2 Wrote:Right, I never said it. I listed it as a rumor. Those are all good questions, I'm with you if you are getting interest from Duke go to a prep school where you are more likely to get noticed over a very small school in EKY. Maybe its just to get that region championship at that small school that has NEVER won a regional title.Rhodes might just be at Cordia to get that first regional title for the school and than moving on, than help those boys get into a prep school if needed.I've been told Rhodes has connections with a lot of D-1 coaches so why would it matter if scouts come to the 14th region, Rhodes can send videos right? Rhodes could contact those scouts to come if needed right? Call up and say you need to come out and look at this kid. I dont know, just saying what I was told.

Heres a link.

I was just told bout this from someone close to the school. I dont even know the guy who wrote the article to the story (It could be all made up as far as I know). IMO It's highly unlikely a kid getting looks from Duke or KSU coming to the 14th region. JMO.Now, we all know the transfers are here, we'll have to wait untill Oct. to see how good they truly are without hear say. I know, I want to see Cordia get that 1st region title and Perry Central get that 1st playoff win in football, hopefully this is the year for both. Good Luck Lions!

Yes and I don't want people to think i'm hating on Cordia I just IDK about it all...... BUT Scouts also want to see good players playing against other good players..... Not much for a scout to really see what a player can do against other D-1 players in the 14th region... Scouts know what their doing.... Jon Bentley knows T. Ford really well but I don't see any of his kids playing at Oklahoma State......

But one reason those kids might be coming to Cordia is to stay out of trouble.
zaga_fan Wrote:Where ya been, bro?
Did you know Cordia is taking your District this year?

I Hope!!!:rockon::Thumbs::Cheerlead
MVP2 Wrote:Right, I never said it. I listed it as a rumor. Those are all good questions, I'm with you if you are getting interest from Duke go to a prep school where you are more likely to get noticed over a very small school in EKY. Maybe its just to get that region championship at that small school that has NEVER won a regional title.Rhodes might just be at Cordia to get that first regional title for the school and than moving on, than help those boys get into a prep school if needed.I've been told Rhodes has connections with a lot of D-1 coaches so why would it matter if scouts come to the 14th region, Rhodes can send videos right? Rhodes could contact those scouts to come if needed right? Call up and say you need to come out and look at this kid. I dont know, just saying what I was told.

Heres a link.

:Thumbs: Great Article!!! Maybe we might see Coach K on Lotts Creek soon. :rockon:
ekff Wrote:Al's 2006 and then his 2007 teams at Perry was hands down the worst....

Hazard beat Cordia by 4 in Summer Ball LOL..... Summer Ball.... And without Bj Combs or Jordan Olinger...

I was at that game, BJ wasn't there but Jordan was. Jordin played alot of min in that game as well.
king360 Wrote:I love Perry Central, but I would love to see Cordia win the 14th this year.

Same here, many of friends in the Perry school system, am rooting for them to do well, but Go LIONS!!!
MVP2 Wrote:They got 3 transfers, the 3rd name is Colbi Johnson. They say that Hudson is the real deal though from what I've heard. They also picked up Zach Owens from Knott Central, that'll be a bigger help than most people think. Hudson which is the oldest will only be a sophomore. Looks like Cordia is here to stay!

This kid is deadly from downtown
king360 Wrote:This kid is deadly from downtown

Unless my eyes are bad. This team can really be good.:worthy:
king360 Wrote:This kid is deadly from downtown

Agree, kid will definitely help the Lions out.
BTW - The kids in the pic are much bigger than they look.
Talked to Zack Owens brother yesterday and he is staying at Knott.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10