Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How long will Coach Rhodes stay at Cordia?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
WALL2WALL Wrote:I don't know if Rhodes is already their guardian or not. But the father of one of the boys is moving to Lotts Creek, and you can't tell me that boys have never got eligible by moving and living with guardians.

I sure can't.
Find out where I said anything close to that.

All I see is where I said his Dad moving won't have bearing if he's not the guardian.
zaga_fan Wrote:I sure can't.
Find out where I said anything close to that.

All I see is where I said his Dad moving won't have bearing if he's not the guardian.

Well I have no idea if he is or isn't at this point.
The questions that the KHSAA will pose for them is "it is coincidental that your Guardian is your basketball coach" and they will be suspicious especially if guardianship is not obtained until they have already moved. If guardianship has already been obtained in Texas, there shouldn't be a problem. If it is obtained in Knott or Perry County, I think they will have concerns. It may be delayed but in the long haul, I think they will be declared eligible. The problems will be that the primary reason that they moved cannot be due to athletics. Living with their coach in an apartment in Cordia after coming from Texas with no parents(except one) may cause the KHSAA to investigate further. Robert Warren came to Hazard with Eddie Whitaker but Robert had been living with them for approximately a year before they ever left Bell County to come to Hazard.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:The questions that the KHSAA will pose for them is "it is coincidental that your Guardian is your basketball coach" and they will be suspicious especially if guardianship is not obtained until they have already moved. If guardianship has already been obtained in Texas, there shouldn't be a problem. If it is obtained in Knott or Perry County, I think they will have concerns. It may be delayed but in the long haul, I think they will be declared eligible. The problems will be that the primary reason that they moved cannot be due to athletics. Living with their coach in an apartment in Cordia after coming from Texas with no parents(except one) may cause the KHSAA to investigate further. Robert Warren came to Hazard with Eddie Whitaker but Robert had been living with them for approximately a year before they ever left Bell County to come to Hazard.

I believe ultimately that they will be eligible, but only God knows how this thing will plan out. I have no clue if he became guardian before they left Texas or not. It will be very interesting!!
WALL2WALL Wrote:I believe ultimately that they will be eligible, but only God knows how this thing will plan out. I have no clue if he became guardian before they left Texas or not. It will be very interesting!!

Just a simple question for giggles...

How far would Cordia go without the transfers?

also

How far will Cordia go with the transfers?
zaga_fan Wrote:Just a simple question for giggles...

also

Without the transfers, its hard telling.
But I can tell you this..
With Rhodes at Cordia - They will be in a building process..
Much attention will be gained from the gradeschool players that are coming into highschool just because Rhodes is Rhodes, a former Wildcat.
zaga_fan Wrote:Just a simple question for giggles...

also

Without, District Semi's. With, Regional Tournament.
Noone on here is a KHSAA rep..
Noone on here is a KHSAA house member..
So, to the posters commenting on the eligibility.. I would know the whole story before I stuck my nose in it or "ASSumed" anything..
WALL2WALL Wrote:He will stay until he wins a region title, no matter how long that may be.

You're sooo optimistic.
Aslan Wrote:You're sooo optimistic.

lol, I said that because that is the feeling I got when I talked to him. He wants to build Cordia's program and take them to RUPP, his words.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Without, District Semi's. With, Regional Tournament.

So the "impact" transfers will win you one more game?
zaga_fan Wrote:So the "impact" transfers will win you one more game?

Hahaha, ok that has killed me.
zaga_fan Wrote:So the "impact" transfers will win you one more game?

Not jus get to the region, but compete. They will most defiantly get to the semi's if they make it to the region.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Not jus get to the region, but compete. They will most defiantly get to the semi's if they make it to the region.

Sounds good.

So to clarify....

2 more games for the "impact" transfers?
zaga_fan Wrote:Sounds good.

So to clarify....

2 more games for the "impact" transfers?

I know what your doing!!! lol, they will make Cordia a contender. Without, mid way of this region. With, they WILL compete for a region title. I am not saying they will win, but they will compete.
WALL2WALL Wrote:I know what your doing!!! lol, they will make Cordia a contender. Without, mid way of this region. With, they WILL compete for a region title. I am not saying they will win, but they will compete.

LOL

What am I doing?
Redonkulous.
Begore the transfers they would be lucky to compete for the district, but with the transfers they will compete for the region. That is what the "impact" players will help.
Ballers Wrote:Noone on here is a KHSAA rep..
Noone on here is a KHSAA house member..
So, to the posters commenting on the eligibility.. I would know the whole story before I stuck my nose in it or "ASSumed" anything..

Okay Mr. ASSumed, I was throwing out situations that the KHSAA looks at when determining eligibility especially when dealing with guardianship situations. No one said anything negative. Stick to things you may know something about like Cordia basketball(maybe) and pocket pool.
I don't follow 14th Region basketball very closely, and have no vested interest. I can't see anything that would keep Rhodes at Cordia. If any transfers are there, they won't be there long. This whole thing may be legal, but it sure raises a lot of questions.
mandan Wrote:I don't follow 14th Region basketball very closely, and have no vested interest. I can't see anything that would keep Rhodes at Cordia. If any transfers are there, they won't be there long. This whole thing may be legal, but it sure raises a lot of questions.

You are 100% correct mandan but you better get ready to be criticized. The Cordia mafia are all "Rhodes" scholars now and they feel they are intellectually superior when it comes to Basketball 101. They take offense to anyone who thinks different.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Okay Mr. ASSumed, I was throwing out situations that the KHSAA looks at when determining eligibility especially when dealing with guardianship situations. No one said anything negative. Stick to things you may know something about like Cordia basketball(maybe) and pocket pool.

I do know some about basketball...
But I heard you are a pool wizard when it comes to pocket pool..
Get Merked..
OrangenowBlue Wrote:You are 100% correct mandan but you better get ready to be criticized. The Cordia mafia are all "Rhodes" scholars now and they feel they are intellectually superior when it comes to Basketball 101. They take offense to anyone who thinks different.

I don't say I know everything about basketball because I don't. I'd bet everything I own that I know more about the game than you.
Ballers Wrote:I do know some about basketball...
But I heard you are a pool wizard when it comes to pocket pool..
Get Merked..

:eyeroll:
WALL2WALL Wrote:I don't say I know everything about basketball because I don't. I'd bet everything I own that I know more about the game than you.

:lmao: I don't need two garbage bags of junk and season tickets to Cordia.
^ Hilarious!!
WALL2WALL Wrote:Begore the transfers they would be lucky to compete for the district, but with the transfers they will compete for the region. That is what the "impact" players will help.

REALLY??? You think so.... So you think a team that won 7 games and didn't beat anyone last season will be in the mix with Knott, Perry, Hazard, Buckhorn, and Letcher...

I know Cordia will play Jenkins, Owsley, Menifee, Jackson City, and South Floyd all twice, so I guess after they beat this teams we'll all be hearing about their great season.
OrangenowBlue Wrote::lmao: I don't need two garbage bags of junk and season tickets to Cordia.

Too bad you don't play pick-up ball or a friendly game of one on one.
Aslan Wrote:Redonkulous.

Yes, your avatar is pretty "Redonkulous"..
Ballers Wrote:Too bad you don't play pick-up ball or a friendly game of one on one.

You guys cannot outthink or outsmart me so you have to resort to challenging me one on one. Well I will be the first to tell you that the shape I am in now, it wouldn't take much to beat me. I was already challenged on the other thread. Did you read the KHSAA rules I posted on the other thread. According to you Pro- Cordia posters, there may be several KHSAA rules violations at Cordia. You might want to check them out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10