Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott County Central 53 - Hazard 46 (14th Region - 1st RD)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Final
Way to go Patriots! Getting Davis back and Roberts playing both way less than 100% showed a big heart. Great leadership and Potter making clutch free throws. Don't count out the defending champs just yet! Great game and Hazard played hard just missed some shots they usually make. Keep focused Patriots and don't overlook Monday's opponent.
Big Win for Coach Barry King and the Knott County Central squad. !!!!
Looks like they hid the fact that Davis was playing right up until game time tonight, I'm sure that surprised everyone in the gym and will definitely make the region different now. It's a 3 team race, Perry/Letcher and Knott to see who goes to Rupp! The Patriots are still the 14th region champs until someone can prove otherwise. Good luck the rest of the way.
Does anybody have scoring on this game?
Congratulations BB King and the Patriots.

We were all very anxious to see the faces of fans when Zach was in the starting line up and it didn't disappoint.. awesome night.
Looks like the Dawgs were just ready for the season to be over. There has been many problems in the dog house this year, I'm sure there will be some changes, should be interesting to watch.
Congrats Patriots!!
EKYHoops Wrote:Looks like the Dawgs were just ready for the season to be over. There has been many problems in the dog house this year, I'm sure there will be some changes, should be interesting to watch.

I thought Hazard's boys played very hard til the end, shots were not falling, and they just couldn't pull it off...
Glad to see Davis back in the lineup. It dont look like Perry has the 14th regional title just yet. Congrats KCC, very good win tonight. Good luck against Estill.
HeGotGame Wrote:I thought Hazard's boys played very hard til the end, shots were not falling, and they just couldn't pull it off...
Yeah, what is up with letting the 40 seconds run off the clock only down 7 points? Didn't they remember last year when Knott scores 10 in a minute to come back and win. Showed absolutely NO HEART. That was the problem all year long, even when they went to the All A. :HitWall:
Congrats KCC
Congrats KCC
EKYHoops Wrote:Yeah, what is up with letting the 40 seconds run off the clock only down 7 points? Didn't they remember last year when Knott scores 10 in a minute to come back and win. Showed absolutely NO HEART. That was the problem all year long, even when they went to the All A. :HitWall:

I didn't realize there was that much time on the clock..
MVP2 Wrote:Glad to see Davis back in the lineup. It dont look like Perry has the 14th regional title just yet. Congrats KCC, very good win tonight. Good luck against Estill.

I second that! I had a feeling that KCC would pull off the win.
:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead Even though KC missed about 30 lay up's and made my KC by 37 prediction off!!! SMH!!!! :popcorn:

Congrats KC!!
With Davis back in the lineup, Knott played with more energy. Hazard played hard, but just couldn't hit those late 3's to fall. This is the best game I've seen Knotts guards play, they've been the weakness of the team most of the year. Now the question is, can Knott beat Perry with Davis? At the beginning of the year, I picked Knott to win it because Perry was only returning one key player. I thought Perrys guards were going to be a major weakness for the Dores, but Hatcher has developed the young guards very quickly, particularly the 7th grader, Beverly. If the rematch happens I'd take Perry because I feel their guards have a huge advantage over Knotts, however with Davis it's definitely going to be closer this time. It's all irrelevant, they both have to win their semi final games, and both teams will be challenged in them.
Congrats Knott, thank you for sending those dawgs home!
congrats to KCC
Congrats Patriots!!! Awesome clutch free throw shooting by Davis and Potter to hold Knott's lead at the end. This also marks the 7th straight time KCC has beaten Hazard and Coach Holland. Has any team ever beat Holland 7 times in a row??? Even if so, that is still quite an accomplishment. The last time Hazard beat KCC was Feb. 19, 2009 @ Knott in OT.

I also just wanted to say how proud I am of KCC's and Hazard's fans. Very good class shown on both sides with no bad drama, fights, or police intervention. These two schools know how to have a ball game.

Congrats KCC and good luck against Estill on Monday!
i'll never figure out this hazard team. a lot of talent, no heart, no leadership, no chemistry. won't take anything away from knott. they'll roll past a weak estill team and then it's perry's to lose.
neverguesswhoiam Wrote:i'll never figure out this hazard team. a lot of talent, no heart, no leadership, no chemistry. won't take anything away from knott. they'll roll past a weak estill team and then it's perry's to lose.

we're not weak. you may think that we're weak bc of some of the close games we lost, but we're not weak.
MVP2 Wrote:This one is a toss up.

Talent wise- I give the edge to Knott with a heathy Roberts.
Experience-Hazard, Knott only returned one starter from last years region team
Hazard has home court advantage
If it comes down to coaching, Hazard no question.

so IMO Hazard is favorite to win but I'm going to say Knott Central in a barnburner. Mike Slone with a huge game.

Knott Central-56
Hazard-53

Ballers Wrote:lol, thats funny.

Aye Ballers, is that prediction of Knott winning funny now?
EKYHoops Wrote:Yeah, what is up with letting the 40 seconds run off the clock only down 7 points? Didn't they remember last year when Knott scores 10 in a minute to come back and win. Showed absolutely NO HEART. That was the problem all year long, even when they went to the All A. :HitWall:

That was pretty disgraceful....
and then not coming out to get the trophy was pretty low.....
Knott definitely deserved this one.

Davis's 3 at the end of the 3rd was tough.

Hazard is 1-8 against Knott in the last 3 years!
When is the last time Hazard took a first round exit?

I said in the Perry-Hazard recap thread that Hazard would be lining up the seats in the finals but would not be playing for it.

Looks like I was right Wink
Congrats to KCC on the win.
Congrats to Knott!
3/3/2011
Knott Co. Central 53
Hazard 46
Knott Co. Central 10 7 16 20 53
Hazard 9 10 7 20 46
14th Region
Knott Co. Central (18-9) -- Slone 16, Potter 17, Roberts 4, Davis 12, Adams 2, Hall 2.
Hazard (16-12) -- Olinger 9, B. Combs 17, Jo. Combs 2, Ja. Combs 2, Back 13, Frazier 1, Blanton 2.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/15374...z1Fd3O5ZEz
Total shocker to me. I didnt know Zach Davis would be back. Zach Davis to me was the best player in the region before he got hurt. He is a brute and he has it all in basketball skills, good size for a guard, good shooter, ball handler, rebounder, you name it. The kid knows the game. Glad to see him back. This will make the Perry game very interesting.
Strikeout King Wrote:we're not weak. you may think that we're weak bc of some of the close games we lost, but we're not weak.

I agree. I think the Estill/Knott game will be closer than some think. It's hard to "roll" past any team during tourney time.
Tuned in at halftime and when I heard the Davis was playing I was in absolute shock. With him back it makes it twice as hard to defend them. IMO Hazard is the best defenseive team as far as just guarding you in this region, and look what Knott was able to do. With him back now I believe that they have a ligitament shot at winning region. To beat Perry you got to beat them shooting jump shots cause nno one is going to beat them around the rim. With Davis back that gives Knott plenty of shooters to be able to. Hope we get to see another KCC and PCC finals, which I believe it will easily be. But we will have to wait and see what the Cougars of Letcher Central have to say about that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4