Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott County Central 53 - Hazard 46 (14th Region - 1st RD)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Pat Riot Wrote:I think that amburgey was a solid young coach who really benefitted from the turmoil at JBS. But he didnt have the expirience to handle that team he had thats why they went out and got more expirienced guys to run the program like Fraley and now Coach King. And it shows with the big postseason wins that have happened in the past 2 seasons.
You got lucky on a goal tend call that was not called last year and you haven't really accomplished anything yet this year.So have good have you been the last two years.
jackbenimble Wrote:You got lucky on a goal tend call that was not called last year and you haven't really accomplished anything yet this year.So have good have you been the last two years.

?
jackbenimble Wrote:You got lucky on a goal tend call that was not called last year and you haven't really accomplished anything yet this year.So have good have you been the last two years.

lol.
Oh poor Hazard fans.. :please:
HeGotGame Wrote:lol.
Oh poor Hazard fans.. :please:

Beat Hazard out. Would that be considered an accomplishment?
2 districts championships and a regional championship, still have the semis and finals to be played this year who knows what will happen? But that is a pretty good 2 years if you ask me. For a school that only had one district championship in the last 10 yrs.
Pat Riot Wrote:neverguesswhoiam why do you come on here with a kcc avatar and then continually bash kcc on every thread. Continually bash the coach and go after other kcc fans on this site? The past 2 seasons have taken kcc basketball back to where we belong competing for regional titles. We hadnt been there since David Jeff Stamper was the coach. if your really a kcc fan why are you doing this? or are you a jealous bitter person in the community?

definitely not a jealous person in the community. i went to KCC.

TheMasterpiece Wrote:The success KCC is enjoyed last year and somewhat this year started being built when the seniors were freshman. Amburgey and his staff rebuilt the team and put all the hard work it but just didn't get to stay around to enjoy it. Fraley walked into a team that should have walked to a region title and about blew it and now BB has been handed a great team with a lot of experience and have mixed results. People have been quick to judge BB this year but I think give him a few years when he gets his players through and see how it goes before you trash him.

it all starts with knott screwing neal feltner. they then screwed amburgey by assigning his assistant coaches for him and trying to control what was called and who played. fraley, well he was a hire to set up the job for BB so it looked like the superintendent wasn't setting out to hire him in the first place. BB doesn't deserve to be the coach, he's an awful coach. knott will never win a region championship as long as he's there. so hey, please keep him :Thumbs:
Alright people, let's get serious and think about what you are saying. Let's dip into the past for a minute...take Whitaker of the floor for Hazard, take Martin off the floor for PCC, and take Cox and Roberts off the floor for KCC...none of these teams would have competed for a regional title if you were to take these "transfers" off the floor! Furthermore, take Back off the floor for Hazard THIS year, and they probably wouldn't have even made it to the region. It's not about the kids, it's about the parents wanting better for their children that what they had. Let's not be giving ANY props to these coaches, for they have not spent the time in the gym with these kids. They have only benefited from what these kids have brought to their programs. If that's the case, then we might as well give the Stepp brothers all the props for TATE, since he did go there since Preschool! And DID NOT leave for basketball...LOL...trust me there were other reasons, and NO I don't mean he thought he could get a better education at KCC!! Get real! On another note, give Ronald Combs all the credit for Corey Martin, and give Mr. Whitaker credit for all he has done for Josh, his son. If you want to impress me as a coach, find the kids you coach a place to play AFTER high school, where they can also get a better education.....FOR FREE that is. Then, we'll talk about someone being a "good coach," not because they got lucky and got handed a few "already developed" players. I want to either see a coach that can develop the players himself....and then can get them a scholarship AFTER high school....that's what it's all about isn't it??????
Ok...while I am on a roll...if we want to talk about "transfers"...then heck let's give JBS credit where credit is due! They went to the Sweet 16 in 2007 WITH ALL THEIR OWN FREAKIN PLAYERS...NO TRANSFERS! Don't get me wrong, a couple of them may have played elsewhere in grade school...but high school, I think not! Yeah that's what I'm talking about! Get some!
neverguesswhoiam Wrote:definitely not a jealous person in the community. i went to KCC.

it all starts with knott screwing neal feltner. they then screwed amburgey by assigning his assistant coaches for him and trying to control what was called and who played. fraley, well he was a hire to set up the job for BB so it looked like the superintendent wasn't setting out to hire him in the first place. BB doesn't deserve to be the coach, he's an awful coach. knott will never win a region championship as long as he's there. so hey, please keep him :Thumbs:

my question is why are you bashing knott all the time then? If your a kcc person and Im assuming you are because of your avatar...what do you have to complain about you won 20 + games last year with a district and regional championship and youve already won 18 games this yr without the best player in the region for over half the year and won the district already with a chance to win the region. You have nothing to complain about as a fan so obviously your bitter about something.
neverguesswhoiam your talking about all this stuff about people getting done wrong. Bottom line is since the super took over the ball team has done nothing but get better. she has done what she has had to do like get tates mom a job and get rid of some coaches but bottom line its worked. They have had more success since she did all of this, more success than the coaches you spoke about getting screwed. No one can argue with the moves she has made because they have worked.
Pat Riot Wrote:neverguesswhoiam your talking about all this stuff about people getting done wrong. Bottom line is since the super took over the ball team has done nothing but get better. she has done what she has had to do like get tates mom a job and get rid of some coaches but bottom line its worked. They have had more success since she did all of this, more success than the coaches you spoke about getting screwed. No one can argue with the moves she has made because they have worked.

Should a super be directly involved in hiring and picking coaches? Looks to me like that should be the AD and principal's job. I think Amburgey would have won the region with last years KCC team and maybe even went a little father at Rupp. Who know what he would have done with this years team but I would say they would be in the same position, so I don't think she necessarily made moves that have made the team any more successful. I think the true test of what she has done is wait a couple of years and see what kind of shape the program is in. I have heard Fraley did nothing with the grade schools, or freshman or JV so we should see the ramifications if that in the next few years.
TheMasterpiece Wrote:Should a super be directly involved in hiring and picking coaches? Looks to me like that should be the AD and principal's job. I think Amburgey would have won the region with last years KCC team and maybe even went a little father at Rupp. Who know what he would have done with this years team but I would say they would be in the same position, so I don't think she necessarily made moves that have made the team any more successful. I think the true test of what she has done is wait a couple of years and see what kind of shape the program is in. I have heard Fraley did nothing with the grade schools, or freshman or JV so we should see the ramifications if that in the next few years.

Who cares who hires and fires coaches as long as the right moves are made. You cant honestly complain about the moves she has made? What exactly did feltner or amburgey do that was so special for the grade school teams?I never saw amburgey at one grade school game ever
Ignore NeverguesswhoIam he is just a disgruntled "coach" or ex JBS fan.. "hint hint" and I use that term loosely..very loosely..who use to be on the inside and is no longer there.. so JEALOUSY should be the topic of this post..

Amburgey is happy where he is, so I am not sure why his name keeps being brought up..

And BB is doing a good job.. give him time and credit for this season.

Furthermore.. Neal Feltner was a coach under an entirely different administration.

To be from KCC but not care at all about their athletics....you sure BURN up their topics on this message board.
HeGotGame Wrote:Ignore NeverguesswhoIam he is just a disgruntled "coach" or ex JBS fan.. "hint hint" and I use that term loosely..very loosely..who use to be on the inside and is no longer there.. so JEALOUSY should be the topic of this post..

Amburgey is happy where he is, so I am not sure why his name keeps being brought up..

And BB is doing a good job.. give him time and credit for this season.

Furthermore.. Neal Feltner was a coach under an entirely different administration.

To be from KCC but not care at all about their athletics....you sure BURN up their topics on this message board.

Confusedhh:
Pages: 1 2 3 4