Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 64 Shelby Valley 57 -- 15th Region All "A" Championship
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:Jarrell never shot free throws on the charge call, you must have been in lala land or something. As for the charge being called a block in the first half, maybe because it was a block in the first half. In the first half Jarrell wasn't in position to take a charge, she was moving while trying to take one. The call at the end of the game was a charge, Jarrell NEVER moved from the time the girl started her drive at the top of the key. And I don't recall THREE girls from Valley fouling out, I think you may be exaggerating a lil bit.

Seems that you were the one in "lala land" because Jarrell DID shoot free throws after the charge call, they were in the bonus. The point I was making was that I was unaware that you could shoot, even in the bonus, free throws on an offensive foul.

Basicball is right. Laura Perkins, Sasha Stanley, and Sally Roberts all THREE fouled out. Count 'em. So no, I didn't exaggerate.
i was there.. and the refs were awful. valley had 7 fouls to paintsvilles 1... and that by far was not right at all.

i think napier got out coached in this one. but good game to valley
and congrats to paintsville
"The Dork" Wrote:Seems that you were the one in "lala land" because Jarrell DID shoot free throws after the charge call, they were in the bonus. The point I was making was that I was unaware that you could shoot, even in the bonus, free throws on an offensive foul.

Basicball is right. Laura Perkins, Sasha Stanley, and Sally Roberts all THREE fouled out. Count 'em. So no, I didn't exaggerate.
Jarrell DID NOT shoot freethrows after the charge. She was the one that threw the ball in under the basket.

Those girls fouled out with just under 2 minutes to go.
congrats pville
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:Okay HomeGrown, please tell me who on this Lady Tiger team was recruited to play for them. As a matter of fact, please tell me about ANY athlete at Paintsville high school who was recruited.

The game was POORLY officiated, on both sides. And the 15th DID have some great officials, Dale Conn being the BEST, they just don't make em like Dale anymore. There are some refs in the 15th region who SHOULDN'T be allowed to ref in the 15th due to being alumni of a 15th region school, or a faculty member of a 15th region school, that's a crock.

(first part reply) Okay, I think Homegrown took my words in a previous post incorrectly. Winning big games like this one is the best recruiting tool... I meant this as WINNING naturally brings folks in to a program because everyone wants to be a WINNER! You know, success breeds success. I wasn't trying to imply that the girls program recruits! Heavens no!

(second part reply) I agree!
"Fuzzy5118" Wrote:(first part reply) Okay, I think Homegrown took my words in a previous post incorrectly. Winning big games like this one is the best recruiting tool... I meant this as WINNING naturally brings folks in to a program because everyone wants to be a WINNER! You know, success breeds success. I wasn't trying to imply that the girls program recruits! Heavens no!

(second part reply) I agree!

I understand what you are saying Fuzzy, but HomeGrown decided to get smart and imply that Pville really does recruit players. There isn't an athlete in that school who was "recruited" to come play for the tradition rich Paintsville High School.
Maybe winning the All A region will get Paintsville over the hump. I know, PHS is 12-4. But, they let Magoffin and Johnson central take them out of their game plan and play their game. Paintsville did not play well against either team and those teams had everything to do with it. Paintsville is whole lot better than they showed in those 2 games and what they showed in the All A region.

This team MUST stop forcing things, continue shooting a good percentage, limit opposing lay ups, and rebound better. They are SO close to getting over the hump.

We'll see this coming week. They play at Allen Central Tuesday, at Prestonsburg Thursday, and at home against Shelby Valley the following Monday. Then they go to All A state at Richmond.
Congrats to Paintsville. The ALL A treats teams better than the Big Show does.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Maybe winning the All A region will get Paintsville over the hump. I know, PHS is 12-4. But, they let Magoffin and Johnson central take them out of their game plan and play their game. Paintsville did not play well against either team and those teams had everything to do with it. Paintsville is whole lot better than they showed in those 2 games and what they showed in the All A region.

This team MUST stop forcing things, continue shooting a good percentage, limit opposing lay ups, and rebound better. They are SO close to getting over the hump.

We'll see this coming week. They play at Allen Central Tuesday, at Prestonsburg Thursday, and at home against Shelby Valley the following Monday. Then they go to All A state at Richmond.

I totally agree!
"snoop" Wrote:Jarrell didn't hurt SV, it was the role players that did. Valley got the ball out of Carrol's hands and then the role players for PHS stepped up.

NO, I wouldn't think so, I mean she only had a double-double, 10 of her points coming in the 3rd quarter, you know, when they came back on SV, but if you say so, she didn't hurt SV at all.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:NO, I wouldn't think so, I mean she only had a double-double, 10 of her points coming in the 3rd quarter, you know, when they came back on SV, but if you say so, she didn't hurt SV at all.
Good point!!

Halftime:
Valley-31
Paintsville-21

3rd quarter:
Paintsville-17 Jarrell 10 pts and 5 reb
Valley-10
Congrats Pville!
Congrats Girls!!! I've Been Cheering You On The Whole Time! I Don't Get To Be With You All At State But I'm Sure You'll Make The Best Of It! Win The First One So I Can Come Watch You Play. This Was A Great Win For You Girls!!!! :wenumber1
congrats
Yes this was a great game for them..congrats to the girls
Awesome Can Girls....close Game But Good....keep It Up
-78-