•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 2011
What was so wrong? Norman has a great year in '09 and falls back a bit this year after losing 18 or so seniors off the '09 team
Chapman hahahahhahaha.

But yeah I'm hearing Whitaker from LCC.
LOL ...I heard he is trying to get out.
I couldn't ever imagine why.
I heard its out of copley and Whitaker. I really have to wonder about the two. Going to a hard district, and playing playoff games that is unbelievable. Since Norman is going, wonder where his kid will go????
I know. It will be out soon.
Wow...not much being said about the next coach in the Valley...give us an idea of who Hawkeye....
Anyone know records on Whittaker, Chapman or Copley?
Interesting situation this late as spring ball starts. Not just for SV, but if they get one of these three, the schools left will be in a pinch.
Dungy Wrote:Interesting situation this late as spring ball starts. Not just for SV, but if they get one of these three, the schools left will be in a pinch.

Copley resigned from Greenup a while back, so they won't be effected anymore than they are now. PCC and LCC would be different, though. I don't know why Chapman would leave PCC. Sure, PCC has a tough district, but have you seen the sister district of SV? Talk about brutal! Unless Whitaker has absolutely nothing returning at Pine Mountain the next 4 years, I can't see why he would be interested, either. 5A East is the place to be through 2014 because it is absolutely wide open IMHO.
In my opinion, I would say this job is pretty hard. To begin with, the loss of Norman, more than likely lost the QB and maybe a player or two to a rivalry school. Also the only candidate that might want it is the one out of a job which would be copley. I think it is time to look at an in-house candidate and have spring practice. Mike Roberts, Bobby Branham and Anthony Hampton would be a good choice. IMO
To begin with the loss of Norman is a positive thing for this team. Had it not been for A. Hampton and M. Roberts and a few other volunteer "coaches" there would have been nothing. As far as QB there are a couple younger kids that could have played that position better all along. His kid could contribute to the team prob more so with him out as coach but not a QB. Plenty young kids to fill those shoes though. The only person who has continued to see this program through all the turmoil from beginning to end has been A. Hampton. He continues to work with the players although politics will prob not give him a fair shot. He deserves this chance and the boys deserve to have him. They have never been stronger or more enthusiastic (sp) but that will burst like a bubble if the BOE goes for an outsider AGAIN !!!! Valley will not lose any key players no matter who the coach because these boys are VALLEY players and want to play for their school and not going to leave because of a coach. If they made it through the crap with Norman they are in for the long haul.
I was at the Valley ball game last night and got the name of the new coach. It will be a big surprise. It is a great hire and it is an outsider. He may have won just four games last year but he is a big name. Dont know how long he is going to stay though.

100% U heard it first.
So don't be shy...give us a name....Copley?
It will be interesting to see what happens. SV has trouble keeping coaches for whatever reason.I hope they get a coach that will be there for a while,work with all of the kids and take pride in the community. I also hope the parents will support the next coach and make it work.:Thumbs: I also heard an interesting name at the game.Confusedhh:
So why keep it a secret...
He doesn't know.
I dont know, I gave you his win total. If he comes, it will definitely help the program. He is HC and has been for a while, just not at that program.
So are you saying this person is not with the football program at all???? Give it up dude..why on earth would u even keep ur guess a secret..
who ever it is (better be a good one) becouse valley wont win more than 4 games!!!
I really dont want to say, because he is at another school. If he backs out, I dont want to get him into trouble. sorry
he wont get into trouble over a nobody on the internet. No offense, but many people in the sports world dont take anything about this site serious.
I agree !!!!! The site is not very reliable!!!!!!!!!!
Shelby Valley at any time can win 9 games with the talent that they have.
sportscritic Wrote:I dont know, I gave you his win total. If he comes, it will definitely help the program. He is HC and has been for a while, just not at that program.

Am I correct in assuming this coach would have to cross the state line to get to Valley?:argue:
how long has the coach been coaching? What is record?
Dont think he would have to cross statelines.
I know he has been in Ky. for 20 years !
Oh my God, either post a name, or your don't know. It's that simple.
If we get him and the people leave him alone then we will be best in the district because he knows his stuff when it comes to winning regional game, semifinal game, and has coached a couple of state title games. So he knows how to win games.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next