• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 2011
Who will step into Tim Smith's position?

Will Coach Norman be back? I know he has a talented son that plays quarterback.
I really doubt he'll be back.
Can a moderator fix the title? It is my fault.

If norman isnt back, it would destroy the team with them losing a couple of coaches and a talented quarterback.
tebow Wrote:Can a moderator fix the title? It is my fault.

If norman isnt back, it would destroy the team with them losing a couple of coaches and a talented quarterback.
Why wouldnt he be back
I dont know, just going by what Real said.
He will be back. He had a great 1st season and lost some outstanding players. He will continue to work with the players he has plus his son is there not esay to just uproot like that.
I heard he was getting cut.
What does that mean? Teacher cutbacks? If so will they be forced to hire someone already on staff?
I think this is all a rumor, allocations dont come out until march and april.
Coach Norman will be back. Why wouldnt he.?They went 3-8. they lost like 17 seniors. This team played a lot of sophomores. Also they had some injuries. And the schedule early on was very brutal.They have alot of people back this season. i dont think that they have the personel on offense to go to the wishbone, because they need a bruising back. I have heard that the kids are working hard in the weight room.
SV boys are working hard in the weight room but it has nothing to do with Norman. If he is gone for next season that still leaves Roberts, Hampton and whomever is hired as the head coach. No big loss.
This thread needs to be closed. its obviously not about the team or the coaches. I don't think it suppose to be a gossip mill!!
It is definitely not a rumor that he is not in the weight room or currently assisting the boys at this point conditioning. SV True - you should be able to validate that.
Delete
Norman won't be back next year in my opinion but that is just b/c some of the things I know he has done that the community ain't too fond of! Well the parents anyways. But I guess we'll wait and see. It is the soap opera known as Shelby Valley after all!
Which boys are transferring to Pikeville?
TurboPanther Wrote:Which boys are transferring to Pikeville?

None! Our boys play for the Shelby Valley Wildcats, not a coach.
I hear 3 boys are coming!
Word today, Norman will be replaced.
Wheels are falling off over at the Johnson Sports Complex.
Will not win a playoff game until mabey 2013...
Sounds to me like they are getting their house in order!

Any prospective new coaches?
What's going on at SV with Norman? He had one of the best years in the schools history in 2009, and a rough year this year, but what coach doesn't in their first couple years at a program, especially one that historically hasn't been a power anyway?
Had 2 or 3 of the worst losses in school history, lost 4 games they should've won, alot of turmoil in season and out of season, doesn't have any respect from within the community, lost to East Ridge for the first time in school history, etc.
Lost 2 games in 09 they should've won. Great bunch of football players on that team.
Hustle Wrote:Had 2 or 3 of the worst losses in school history, lost 4 games they should've won, alot of turmoil in season and out of season, doesn't have any respect from within the community, lost to East Ridge for the first time in school history, etc.
Lost 2 games in 09 they should've won. Great bunch of football players on that team.

The turmoil in and out of season, and the lack of respect from the community are going to be his downfall. You can throw the win/loss thing out because most of them can be tied back to the turmoil at the time during that week. I don't know the specific kids or parents involved, but I do know for a fact that the coach burnt some bridges along the way that will do him in.
Alpha_Male Wrote:Will not win a playoff game until mabey 2013...

With the new alignment, their opposite district for the playoffs includes Danville, Somerset, and Lex. Christian. Their next shot to win a playoff game will be to try to get into another district for 2015. Danville, Somerset, and LCA's only losses during the year may be when they play each other.
Hustle Wrote:Had 2 or 3 of the worst losses in school history, lost 4 games they should've won, alot of turmoil in season and out of season, doesn't have any respect from within the community, lost to East Ridge for the first time in school history, etc.

what the heck did happen without naming names.

You're so silly, thats whats up! But serious, if you thought for a second that after losing such a great class in 2009 that Valley wouldn't have problems coming back then you need to get out.
Real Badman Wrote:You're so silly, thats whats up! But serious, if you thought for a second that after losing such a great class in 2009 that Valley wouldn't have problems coming back then you need to get out.

Send him over here, I played with Norman. And what I saw out of him the last few years he is a really good coach.TongueirateSho
Alpha_Male Wrote:Will not win a playoff game until mabey 2013...

They might win a playoff game before you win a spelling contest that's for sure!

Anyways it wasn't his coaching that is in question here it's the other things he was doing.

They need to just hire Anthony and get it over with. They know he is the best for the job
  • 1(current)
  • Next