Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 2011
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:The only problem is he's only a hero in your hometown. Outside of JC, he's not respected, runs up the score on weak teams and has problems with game tapes. JC will never win a state title until they clean up their act in regards to sportsmanship.....watched a replay of the Highlands/JC game and noticed Jude at the end of the game kneeling on the sidelines when he should have been out there shaking hands. It starts from the top down. I think JC could be a contender year in and out if they clean out their closets. The past couple seasons you've said that this could be the year you get over the hurdle......Best of luck against all 4a competition minus the Birds of course. Jude will be huge next year for the eagles.

I think that he is more than a hometown hero, it seems that every JC Thread becomes a JJ thread, and I know that all of these posters, posting comments about JJ are not from JC. Are you from JC? Because I noticed you posting on several thread in regard to this young man.
[quote=whackem'n'stackem']The only problem is he's only a hero in your hometown. Outside of JC, he's not respected, runs up the score on weak teams and has problems with game tapes. JC will never win a state title until they clean up their act in regards to sportsmanship.....watched a replay of the Highlands/JC game and noticed Jude at the end of the game kneeling on the sidelines when he should have been out there shaking hands. It starts from the top down. I think JC could be a contender year in and out if they clean out their closets. The past couple seasons you've said that this could be the year you get over the hurdle......Best of luck against all 4a competition minus the Birds of course. Jude will be huge next year for the eagles.[/QUOT
so what your saying is jude doesnt have respect from anywhere outside of jc your are wrong sir jude is one of the best rb in the state maybe the best (no disrespect to any other but it true.all state rb is good respect from my point of view
eagle Wrote:I think that he is more than a hometown hero, it seems that every JC Thread becomes a JJ thread, and I know that all of these posters, posting comments about JJ are not from JC. Are you from JC? Because I noticed you posting on several thread in regard to this young man.

Great post! Matney is respected out of his hometown and gets multiple offers every year from other schools. He is a great coach and a class act. The reason people complian about him is he beat most of them!

JJ Jude is a find young man but even JJ would say there is more to JC football than him. Some of the best talent they have had is coming up. The program is to the point now that it can reload and still compete year in and year out.

I look for another great year from the Eagles!
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:The only problem is he's only a hero in your hometown. Outside of JC, he's not respected, runs up the score on weak teams and has problems with game tapes. JC will never win a state title until they clean up their act in regards to sportsmanship.....watched a replay of the Highlands/JC game and noticed Jude at the end of the game kneeling on the sidelines when he should have been out there shaking hands. It starts from the top down. I think JC could be a contender year in and out if they clean out their closets. The past couple seasons you've said that this could be the year you get over the hurdle......Best of luck against all 4a competition minus the Birds of course. Jude will be huge next year for the eagles.

I'm not from Johnson County and i respect what he has done with the JC program.
best of luck to johnson central in 2011, JJ Jude is one heckuva football player!!
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Consider me the Simon Cowell of high school prospects. I don't always say things that folks want to hear, but I speak the truth. Like I said, he will have a much better opportunity in wrestling.

Hey Simon, looks like you were right on the money with that know all instinctive eye for talent you've got.:blabbermo:blabbermo

NOT!!!

Looks like Jude is everyones first team all state selection on every poll.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Weaknesses: no speed, no "natural" athleticism, no size; stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey by some teams this year.

Strengths: physical strength; what he lacks in raw athleticism he makes up for in sheer will and determination.

In the end, it's will vs. skill....................and skill always wins.:moon:

Again your knowledge is just uncanny.
Bob Seger Wrote:Again your knowledge is just uncanny.

I congratulate JC and JJ Jude on the selection. He definitely is deserving of this. However, I'm not sure what all state and D1 has in common. Bob, I don't see us ever agreeing on this subject. Again, congrats to JJ.:igiveup:
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:I congratulate JC and JJ Jude on the selection. He definitely is deserving of this. However, I'm not sure what all state and D1 has in common. Bob, I don't see us ever agreeing on this subject. Again, congrats to JJ.:igiveup:
Who said it did? Just pointing out that you mercilessly cut the kid's talent every which way you knew how. Funny how nobody else that matters saw it that way. But then again, I'm sure you're convinced that everyone else is just an idiot though, right?
Bob Seger Wrote:Who said it did? Just pointing out that you mercilessly cut the kid's talent every which way you knew how. Funny how nobody else that matters saw it that way. But then again, I'm sure you're convinced that everyone else is just an idiot though, right?

You asked me to list the reasons why I didn't think he was capable of being an impact player at the next level and I stated IMO why. Now, you say I mercilessly attacked the kid. Think before posting such nonsense.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:You asked me to list the reasons why I didn't think he was capable of being an impact player at the next level and I stated IMO why. Now, you say I mercilessly attacked the kid. Think before posting such nonsense.

I did no such thing. You blabbermouthed and rambled on about how he has no skill, (even though you have never even seen him play). You have tried to cut and knock him every way you could. I just called your hand on it. You can just dispense with all this BS now wacky and tacky, nobody else it buying it. I guess you think people are too stupid to go back and read your crap.
Bob Seger Wrote:I did no such thing. You blabbermouthed and rambled on about how he has no skill, (even though you have never even seen him play). You have tried to cut and knock him every way you could. I just called your hand on it. You can just dispense with all this BS now wacky and tacky, nobody else it buying it. I guess you think people are too stupid to go back and read your crap.

lol, I'm done with you.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:lol, I'm done with you.

At least your smart enough to know when you've been whupped.:biggrin:
Bob Seger Wrote:At least your smart enough to know when you've been whupped.:biggrin:

You remind me of ole' Mr. Kimball. He and I had some knock down drag out's just like you. Are you sure you're not related? lol
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:You remind me of ole' Mr. Kimball. He and I had some knock down drag out's just like you. Are you sure you're not related? lol
Never met the lad. Perhaps your just so easy?:biggrin:
Who will replace ousley and Bratton in JC's backfield next season? I think JC will be pretty good, but they lost a lot of talent on both sides of the ball.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Weaknesses: no speed, no "natural" athleticism, no size; stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey by some teams this year.

Strengths: physical strength; what he lacks in raw athleticism he makes up for in sheer will and determination.

In the end, it's will vs. skill....................and skill always wins.:moon:

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge,but rather a lack of will." You know who said that "Whacky"? A gentleman by the name of Vince Lombardi!!!!!!!!
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge,but rather a lack of will." You know who said that "Whacky"? A gentleman by the name of Vince Lombardi!!!!!!!!
:Thumbs: Too many people think that a great time for a 40 defines athleticism. Jude is one of the top wrestlers in his weight class in the nation. Non-athletic wrestlers do not fare well on the mat and neither do indecisive ones. Jude is very athletic and he also consistently makes quick, good decisions on the football field.

I am eager to see what Coach Matney does next season to develop additional offensive threats to create some space for Jude to work. Losing J. K. Hall, D. J. Ousley, and Tanner Bratten will require some big adjustments next season. It will be an interesting season.
Hoot Gibson Wrote::Thumbs: Too many people think that a great time for a 40 defines athleticism. Jude is one of the top wrestlers in his weight class in the nation. Non-athletic wrestlers do not fare well on the mat and neither do indecisive ones. Jude is very athletic and he also consistently makes quick, good decisions on the football field.

I am eager to see what Coach Matney does next season to develop additional offensive threats to create some space for Jude to work. Losing J. K. Hall, D. J. Ousley, and Tanner Bratten will require some big adjustments next season. It will be an interesting season.

Too much is made over the 40 times. I have seen players with slow 40 times go out and get it done (Jude and Collinsworth are two examples), and people with fast 40 times who can not get it done. Field vision and ability to make cuts is very important as well as quick turn over ration with your legs and not long strides.
does jude have any offers from schools???
JJ would start at any school in the state. However he wont look quite as good next year without Bratton and Ousley leading the way. They were the unsung heroes this year.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:JJ would start at any school in the state. However he wont look quite as good next year without Bratton and Ousley leading the way. They were the unsung heroes this year.
They we're unsung by the media, but I know JJ hugged their necks and thanked them after every game. He also thanked his line. It will be tough to replace Tanner, D.J., J.K. and the o line. On defence I think Bratton's is the one spot that will be hard to replace. There's a lot of young speed and size on this team. It will all depend on how hard they are willing to work this off season. The future looks great for JCHS football. We have 2 fine teams coming up from the middle school in the next couple of years.:Thumbs:
I would think Sanor will probably take over quarterback position for central; another could be is BJ Hamilton.
100 meter dash times and 40 yard dash times are very much related. A true 4.5 40 yard dash guy can go out and run the 100 meters in sub 11 seconds. Sub 4.4 guys like Dion Sanders or even UK's D. Lock can run the 100 meters in 10.5 or lower. If a guy is not running under 11 in 100 meters then he is not Sub 4.5. The 4.6 and the 11.1 that is about right. Note that at one one of the biggest Camps (300 top kids) in Texas there was ZERO sub 4.5 40 dash times. Most UK football fans don't relize what Rich Brooks done for UK... he brought in SPEED Lock and Alfonzo Smith were TRUE SUB 4.4 guys, Smith was a back up at UK but he made a NFL Roster. Lock long JUMPED 25 feet I might add.
potlimit2002 Wrote:100 meter dash times and 40 yard dash times are very much related. A true 4.5 40 yard dash guy can go out and run the 100 meters in sub 11 seconds. Sub 4.4 guys like Dion Sanders or even UK's D. Lock can run the 100 meters in 10.5 or lower. If a guy is not running under 11 in 100 meters then he is not Sub 4.5. The 4.6 and the 11.1 that is about right. Note that at one one of the biggest Camps (300 top kids) in Texas there was ZERO sub 4.5 40 dash times. Most UK football fans don't relize what Rich Brooks done for UK... he brought in SPEED Lock and Alfonzo Smith were TRUE SUB 4.4 guys, Smith was a back up at UK but he made a NFL Roster. Lock long JUMPED 25 feet I might add.
There are still those that do not have a quick start out of the blocks and accelerate at a different point in a sprint. Your examples are of those that are able to do both. It's not always a standard.

Rich Brooks did not get Locke, as far as him being a football recruit to the university. He was not highly recruited as a football player and came to UK on a track scholarship, and took a stab as being a potential part of the football team later on.
JC will be a good solid quality football team as they are year in, year out. Best of Luck to Johnson Central and JJ Jude!
What's the schedule looking like?
I think the loss of Bratton will be difficult for the Eagles. He was the best offense player last fall in the JC-HHS game.
Replacing Tanner for next falls line-up will be easy,just like it was for the players before him. However, in doing so, it's finding that one with the determination,heart and love for the game that might be hard to replace. They're out there and I'm sure coach Matney will find him.
GOOOO EAGLES!!!!:Cheerlead
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:Replacing Tanner for next falls line-up will be easy,just like it was for the players before him. However, in doing so, it's finding that one with the determination,heart and love for the game that might be hard to replace. They're out there and I'm sure coach Matney will find him.
GOOOO EAGLES!!!!:Cheerlead

Very nice post momma. Now that's class.:Thumbs: