Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
How good will they be?
Should be pretty decent in my opinion. I say JJ Jude will do everything. I heard at halftime he was going to help at the concessions so JC fans can see him play and not have to wait in a long line. LOL
As stated they return Jude, so that'll be a plus. How much of the offensive line do they return?
very good
should be another good year for JC. do they move to 4A this up coming season ?
the light wizard Wrote:should be another good year for JC. do they move to 4A this up coming season ?

YEP, right back with Highland,Boyle,work cut out for them..
Who will they move into the QB spot, with the loss of Hall?
will be tha same moot as always, "Maybe next year"! You'll never even get to the final 4...
Matney has taken a program that was a joke and made them a title contender from day one using what talent he has. JC will reload again and be very competitive. Matney is closing the gap with the state's top teams and this could be the year we get over the hurdle. Several stong classes of underclassmen comng in.
always_Blue Wrote:will be tha same moot as always, "Maybe next year"! You'll never even get to the final 4...

Are you putting any thought into any of your posts?
BIG time rebuilding season. Going to be a LOT to replace.

Losing Hall, Bratton, Ousley, Parker out of the primary offensive backfield. Couple of the o-linemen. Also losing the same players off defense, plus Salyer at DB. Don't have the roster in front of me to pull off all the linemen's names, but losses there are considerable as well. The talent in the pipeline is fantastic, but probably still a year or two from contention. You just can't replace all that and have the same results!
NCC41 Wrote:Are you putting any thought into any of your posts?
History backs my posts! Always next year, we hear it at this time of year, every year! Read the sign at Memorial Field if you want to see what Final 4 and Regional Chamionships are about :eyeroll:
There's one in every crowd. Can't even ask a question without someone being negative. I believe we may be down just a tad,but i still think we will be better than some people think. We do have some big shoes to fill.
falcon ed Wrote:There's one in every crowd. Can't even ask a question without someone being negative. I believe we may be down just a tad,but i still think we will be better than some people think. We do have some big shoes to fill.
Ahhh, what we have here is the last of a dying breed. lol

Isn't it funny how he talks about other teams when his team has been nothing short of being absolutely terrible. :blabbermo

At least JC has a hope of next year. His team? None !!!! :yikes:
Is Jude getting any D1 offers?
I think a lot of people will be suprised with the team next season. I am one of the older Central followers on this site. I was in grade school the first year that Central had a football team and went to many games. Needless to say, I have seen a lot of bad football. In my day, the answer to how will Central do next year would be "Who cares!". In 2010, Central was the second best team in 5A football in the entire state and could have possibly won a state championship if any one of several plays had a different outcome. I am extremely proud of these kids and what they have accomplished. It will be extremely difficult to replace Tanner, D.J., J.K., Cody, Caleb, Travis, J.B. and the others. However, throughout the years, people said it would be impossible to replace players such as Ron Blume, Shawn Grim, Chase Richardson, Nate Dillon, Michael Tackett, Blake Johnson, Tommy Taylor, J.K. Ratliff, etc.
tebow Wrote:Is Jude getting any D1 offers?

Jude is not D1 material. D2 would be a better fit. Heard he's good at wrestling.....may be his meal ticket to D1 school, but certainly not football.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Jude is not D1 material. D2 would be a better fit. Heard he's good at wrestling.....may be his meal ticket to D1 school, but certainly not football.

Thank you Mel Kiper.
Diogenes Wrote:BIG time rebuilding season. Going to be a LOT to replace.

Losing Hall, Bratton, Ousley, Parker out of the primary offensive backfield. Couple of the o-linemen. Also losing the same players off defense, plus Salyer at DB. Don't have the roster in front of me to pull off all the linemen's names, but losses there are considerable as well. The talent in the pipeline is fantastic, but probably still a year or two from contention. You just can't replace all that and have the same results!

Matney, will bring in some recruits to fill the holes..You guys will be loaded again in 2011
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Jude is not D1 material. D2 would be a better fit. Heard he's good at wrestling.....may be his meal ticket to D1 school, but certainly not football.

Hey folks, just lookie what we got here. Now I'll just bet your the one they all call to get the EXPERT advice from. You know, the authoritative final word. :eyeroll:

Would you care to present to us all your resume of past major college talent evaluation acheivements? I just know it's got to be a dandy!!:popcorn:
OK, let's try this again....

always_Blue Wrote:History backs my posts! Always next year, we hear it at this time of year, every year! Read the sign at Memorial Field if you want to see what Final 4 and Regional Chamionships are about :eyeroll:

I took a pressure washer over there the other day to try and knock the dust off that sign, but it was too thick. Guess nobody's needed to wash it off for a while to paint anything new there.
OffTheHook Wrote:OK, let's try this again....

B.J. Hamilton was the backup for this season. Ross Sanor was backup for the season prior, and certainly also could play. Also Gound played in MS, and this year's 8th grade QB (whom I admit I did not get to watch play, but have been in the same room with) certainly appears to have an athletic build as well. I would imagine if Sanor were going to be groomed as the next QB, that would've happened this year, so I'd expect to see Hamilton behind center. He did start and win the Breathitt game and looked capable in the process, although admittedly that game plan was rather conservative to give him the best possible chance.
Thank You.

Was just wandering. IMO, that's gonna be the hardest spot to fill. Due to the athelicism that is graduating. JK's shoes are gonna be hard to fill.
Hear lot's of really good things about the Gound kid. He from what I hear is athletic,has a good arm and good speed. I expect him to be a regular by around game three. It may take that long to prove to the faithful that's where he belongs.
Short of moving to NKy what would the kid have to do in order to prove himself?
You are right about the Gound kid Charlie nice athlete i think he will step in and do fine
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Hear lot's of really good things about the Gound kid. He from what I hear is athletic,has a good arm and good speed. I expect him to be a regular by around game three. It may take that long to prove to the faithful that's where he belongs.

I think in the scrimmages and first few games of the upcoming season, you're going to see a whole lot of the younger kids get some significant playing time in an effort to see which of them will actually be able to contribute on the varsity level. Some of those kids are going to have to come up big in order to keep the program steady this year, and I suspect several of them will be names most people outside the program haven't heard (yet, anyhow). As for Gound, I think he'll be one seeing a lot of field time, even if it's not at QB. Too good an athlete to keep off the field entirely.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Short of moving to NKy what would the kid have to do in order to prove himself?

He's obviously proven to be a fantastic RB for JC. He is just not D1 material. You'll see.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:He's obviously proven to be a fantastic RB for JC. He is just not D1 material. You'll see.

I dont think that anyone ever said he was to begin with. The point is that you (Mr. Fan without a team) is so infinately knowledgeable to determine that he isn't and quickly point that out. I notice you're still not showcasing any of your creditentials for all to view.
Pages: 1 2 3 4