•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamar Dawson
RebelPride12 Wrote:Yes, words cannot express the disgust I have that FSU didn't take a good look at him. For the next 4 years I get to say Lamar would have made that tackle:HitWall:

I completely agree with this. I am a big FSU fan it would have just been awesome to watch a Kentucky native play for them. It disgusts me!
Hey UCF might be in the Big East in a couple years. On the plus side if he go to Oregon he get free Nike stuff !
cavery59 Wrote:Hey UCF might be in the Big East in a couple years. On the plus side if he go to Oregon he get free Nike stuff !

He can get free Nike stuff at UK.
Rebel55 Wrote:Don't know if this means anything but Lamar had on a Kentucky sweatshirt all week at school.

:biggrin:

What does it mean? That we already know he will likely end up at UK? He said "Go Ducks" on facebook when they played Auburn.:eyeroll::biggrin:
Lamar has been selected as a Parade All-American.
SportzAnimal Wrote:Lamar has been selected as a Parade All-American.

Just started a thread on that with the article.

Great minds think alike. :biggrin:
Trenches07 Wrote:[quote=runningbeck81]well, lets be honest. uk, florida, ul and ut suck. hes an elite player i mean why wouldnt u want to go to oregon?????? i love uk and ul but cmon man!

national spotlight, do people on espn even talk about uk? idts
oregon has amazing jerseys and theyre contenders. i woulda went to LSU but thats me.

and its either ur good enuff for the nfl or not, doesnt matter what school.
uk produces hardly any nfl talent so....OREGON, LSU, **** even USC.

Surely you have to be drunk or something that has altered you clear thinkin?
FLORDIA, UT and even UK (as bad as it kills me to say that) are competitors in the most talent deep conference in America! That have won numerous national championchips. Oregon does have the backing but how many national championship have they won?

maybe iam......
I take issue with the people who are want to second guess Lamar for multiple visits and maybe even choosing to attend a school besides UK. This from a school whose BB program is built on snagging the best players from all over the nation.
I was told this morning by a reliable source close to coach French that as of last night Lamar would be going to Tennesee instead of UK.I sure hope my source is wrong.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I was told this morning by a reliable source close to coach French that as of last night Lamar would be going to Tennesee instead of UK.I sure hope my source is wrong.

If you are right I hope people don't turn their back on him because he didn't go to UK. I don't think people would do him that way but you never know. At the end of the day he has to do what he feels is best for him and not us.

I still think he goes to UK.
RebelPride12 Wrote:If you are right I hope people don't turn their back on him because he didn't go to UK. I don't think people would do him that way but you never know. At the end of the day he has to do what he feels is best for him and not us.

I still think he goes to UK.

Lets be real here guys. Look at the product of all the linebackers that have been sent to the NFL out of Knoxville, TN. If you want whats best for him and his future and if you look at the big picture. The better future is in TN at HIS POSITION. Just my opinion for what its worth.
i know, right? Wrote:I completely agree with this. I am a big FSU fan it would have just been awesome to watch a Kentucky native play for them. It disgusts me!
No offense to Mr. Dawson, but FSU will be fine without him. FSU is stacked at LB for the near future.

5* Nigel Bradham
5* Jeff Luc
5* Christian Jones
4* Telvin Smith
4* Vince Williams
5* James Wilder Jr. (RB now, but a better LB)
4* Arrington Jenkins
and a Possible #1 5* Tony Steward on NSD
Trenches07 Wrote:Lets be real here guys. Look at the product of all the linebackers that have been sent to the NFL out of Knoxville, TN. If you want whats best for him and his future and if you look at the big picture. The better future is in TN at HIS POSITION. Just my opinion for what its worth.

Actually, if Lamar is looking at what's best for his future, the future better be beyond the NFL. Many a super stud football player doesn't last more than 4 or 5 years in the NFL. Way too many career ending injuries. If I was advising the kid, I'd advise him to go to a college that can best network him for a good paying job after his NFL career, assuming he even makes it to the NFL. With that in mind, if he'd like to live and work in central Ky after his football playing days are over, going to UK might be the best place for him to go.
Panther Thunder Wrote:No offense to Mr. Dawson, but FSU will be fine without him. FSU is stacked at LB for the near future.

5* Nigel Bradham
5* Jeff Luc
5* Christian Jones
4* Telvin Smith
4* Vince Williams
5* James Wilder Jr. (RB now, but a better LB)
4* Arrington Jenkins
and a Possible #1 5* Tony Steward on NSD

Jeff Luc is a freak of nature.
I'm still holdin out hope for UK. I've held on since the beginning, so I'm not giving up til it's 'official'! A lil over 12 hrs left....
WNOX radio was saying this afternoon that they feel he is coming to UT.
charlie22 Wrote:Actually, if Lamar is looking at what's best for his future, the future better be beyond the NFL. Many a super stud football player doesn't last more than 4 or 5 years in the NFL. Way too many career ending injuries. If I was advising the kid, I'd advise him to go to a college that can best network him for a good paying job after his NFL career, assuming he even makes it to the NFL. With that in mind, if he'd like to live and work in central Ky after his football playing days are over, going to UK might be the best place for him to go.

Why does he need to go to UK to make connections to live and work in Central KY when his playing days are over?

Do you honestly think that if he goes to UT, beats UK 4 years straight. Garners all SEC honors and then plays 4-5 years in the league that he is going to have ANY trouble returning home and getting a job? IF that's what he wants to do?
I played against this guy when he was a freshmen. He played running back then I have to say trying to tackle him was ridiculous he was just strong. He stiff armed me and it was miserable, but I wish him the best of luck on wherever he commits.
Please come to UK!!!!!!!!!
Kentucky has put as many players in the NFL as Tennessee has over the past 5 or 6 years, so that argument is moot.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lamar picks UK or Tennessee, but I still like UK's chances more so than Tennessee.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Kentucky has put as many players in the NFL as Tennessee has over the past 5 or 6 years, so that argument is moot.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lamar picks UK or Tennessee, but I still like UK's chances more so than Tennessee.

I think you probably got your facts confused. Go count them and see.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Kentucky has put as many players in the NFL as Tennessee has over the past 5 or 6 years, so that argument is moot.

Did you even attempted to research this stat? Or did you just pull it out of your ***?

There are currently 38 Tennessee players on NFL Rosters, while there are only 11 Kentucky players.

Please stop making stupid claims that can't be backed up.

And just to make it easy next time you can check for yourself @

http://espn.go.com/nfl/college/_/letter/k
I also said in the past 5 or 6 years, plus all 11 players UK has in the NFL played at UK within the last 4 years. I'll bet that's just as many as Tennessee has in the last 4 also.

Back on-topic, Dawson is expected to pick USC over UK & Tennessee now.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)