• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamar Dawson
Has he narrowed down his choices or even made a decision yet ?:thanks:
Last I heard he had it down to Oregon, USC, Florida, Michigan, UofL, UK, and Tennessee.

I think he said he'll announce his decision at the Army All American game
Man i wish he would go to UK. i really like watching him play.
MSU Eagle Wrote:Last I heard he had it down to Oregon, USC, Florida, Michigan, UofL, UK, and Tennessee.

I think he said he'll announce his decision at the Army All American game

:thanks: and 100% agree with you rocksolid :Thumbs:
He'll still be taking visits after the All Star Game if I am not mistaken. I believe he'll announce in the February signing period last I was told.

I am hearing rumblings that he canceled his visit to Florida because of their recent developments but I haven't confirmed that yet.
RebelPride12 Wrote:He'll still be taking visits after the All Star Game if I am not mistaken. I believe he'll announce in the February signing period last I was told.

I am hearing rumblings that he canceled his visit to Florida because of their recent developments but I haven't confirmed that yet.

I've heard that Lamar said he was canceling his trip to Florida this weekend. A Florida coached was in town yesterday trying to get him to change his mind from what I've been told. I have not heard anything today as to what happened.
Needs to be a Card Coach Strong will get in to the next level
i have been hearing hear in Arkanasas he was going to Oregon, but thats hear say...
Pigskinman53 Wrote:Needs to be a Card Coach Strong will get in to the next level

What if Coach Strong is leading the Gators next year?
What happens if UK gets Randy Shannon like sources say we will on Monday?
RoShamBo Wrote:What if Coach Strong is leading the Gators next year?

BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:What happens if UK gets Randy Shannon like sources say we will on Monday?

I believe both of those possibilities help both schools. The Title Town faithful can answer a lot more questions than I can.
UK needs this young man, but so does U of L.
I can not see him saying no to Chuck Smith.
To be honest Lamar has keep his mouth shut on this topic. My daughter, dates one of his friends at school and he doesn't know. Hear is what I've heard so far from each.

Oregon - Really liked it and had a great visit. IMO 1 of the 3 teams that are leading for his services. #1 and playing in the BCS Championship only helps along with all the Nike stuff the University recieves.

Florida - 1 of the other 3, but with Urban leaving, this throws a wrench into it until the new hire comes. If a Charlie Strong gets this job, IMO they become the leader.

Kentucky - the other 1- of 3 imo. I feel Chuck Smith is working his magic here again in Boyle County. Kentucky was the first to offer Lamar and a must for Joker. UK has to start getting the best players from Kentucky to compete in the SEC.

USC - I've been told that USC was his favorite college while growing up. I do know they have had coaches come to Danville on numerous times. They been to games filming from the sidelines and I keep hearing they are not out of the mix.

Louisville - Really likes Charlie Strong alot. I keep hearing that since Charlie is a defensive coach, it has really impress Lamar. IMO the only thing that hurts Louisville's chances is that Strong could leave before Lamar's 4 years are up for a bigger school.

Michigan and Tennessee - These two have me puzzled some. I know both are great, and I keep hearing he likes them both. From some reason these two schools have been kept quite over the others choices.
I would have to think Chuck Smith was one of his idols growing up, while leading Boyle to all those state titles. Surely, Smith can haul this kid in for the Wildcats. I think he is going to be a good player at the next level, and I will be tremendously disappointed if we don't bring him in. Hopefully, the hiring of a new defensive coordinator will help the cause!!!
Rebel55 Wrote:To be honest Lamar has keep his mouth shut on this topic. My daughter, dates one of his friends at school and he doesn't know. Hear is what I've heard so far from each.

Oregon - Really liked it and had a great visit. IMO 1 of the 3 teams that are leading for his services. #1 and playing in the BCS Championship only helps along with all the Nike stuff the University recieves.

Florida - 1 of the other 3, but with Urban leaving, this throws a wrench into it until the new hire comes. If a Charlie Strong gets this job, IMO they become the leader.

Kentucky - the other 1- of 3 imo. I feel Chuck Smith is working his magic here again in Boyle County. Kentucky was the first to offer Lamar and a must for Joker. UK has to start getting the best players from Kentucky to compete in the SEC.

USC - I've been told that USC was his favorite college while growing up. I do know they have had coaches come to Danville on numerous times. They been to games filming from the sidelines and I keep hearing they are not out of the mix.

Louisville - Really likes Charlie Strong alot. I keep hearing that since Charlie is a defensive coach, it has really impress Lamar. IMO the only thing that hurts Louisville's chances is that Strong could leave before Lamar's 4 years are up for a bigger school.

Michigan and Tennessee - These two have me puzzled some. I know both are great, and I keep hearing he likes them both. From some reason these two schools have been kept quite over the others choices.

I seen on Scout.com, where he still has visits set up for these two schools in Jan. and a visit to USC next month too. I really hope he stays home and goes to UK.
MVP2 Wrote:I seen on Scout.com, where he still has visits set up for these two schools in Jan. and a visit to USC next month too. I really hope he stays home and goes to UK.

I saw him dominate in the title game. UK should offer him the moon. As far as USC goes, I wouldn't send my dog there until they get rid of their head coach (Lane Kiffen).
adopted purple Wrote:I saw him dominate in the title game. UK should offer him the moon. As far as USC goes, I wouldn't send my dog there until they get rid of their head coach (Lane Kiffen).

100% agreed he's one of the best in state players we have had in a while and joker but come up with a hummer or something to get that kid there:Thumbs:
instead of but should be better
the light wizard Wrote:100% agreed he's one of the best in state players we have had in a while and joker but come up with a hummer or something to get that kid there:Thumbs:

No, he shouldn't :please:
I would love to see him stay at UK to make our mediocre football team better. But honestly, why would he? This is THE elite athlete in KY football. Why would he not choose the very best football school in contention? Oregon is that school unfortunately.
Football1 Wrote:I would love to see him stay at UK to make our mediocre football team better. But honestly, why would he? This is THE elite athlete in KY football. Why would he not choose the very best football school in contention? Oregon is that school unfortunately.

He can stand out at UK. Playing in the best conference in America plus, his family and friends can go watch him play. He might miss moms cooking. I hope he stays home.
How does Muschamp to UF affect his decision?
The only connection to Chuck Smith that Lamar has is that they both have rings at Boyle County. Don't get caught overselling that fact. He had never met Chuck when Chuck was at Boyle and it does help that they both have ties to Boyle County but I don't think that is an important part of the recruiting. If it was why look elsewhere.

Lamar was at the home basketball game on Friday. I would think that if he was still going to UF this weekend he would have left Friday but I am not sure. I just know I saw him Friday night at the game.

It's doubtful he'll miss his moms cooking.

With Muschamp going to Florida many still believe that Louisville will be his choice amongst the instate schools. He is really really high on Charlie Strong.

I understand the disdain for USC and Lane Kiffin, but Lane's dad, Monte Kiffin is one of the greatest football defensive minds ever. I'd love to see Monte turn Lamar into Derrick Brooks.

All that being said, I, like everyone else besides Lamar, have no idea where he will go. I hope he goes big, but my gut says UL or UK. I hope my gut is wrong. I am getting DirectTv so I can watch him at Oregon or USC.
I sure missed my moms cooking when I went to college.:biggrin:
adopted purple Wrote:I sure missed my moms cooking when I went to college.:biggrin:

When i was in college my mom cooking was the last thing i was thinking about.
RebelPride12 Wrote:The only connection to Chuck Smith that Lamar has is that they both have rings at Boyle County. Don't get caught overselling that fact. He had never met Chuck when Chuck was at Boyle and it does help that they both have ties to Boyle County but I don't think that is an important part of the recruiting. If it was why look elsewhere.

Lamar was at the home basketball game on Friday. I would think that if he was still going to UF this weekend he would have left Friday but I am not sure. I just know I saw him Friday night at the game.

It's doubtful he'll miss his moms cooking.

With Muschamp going to Florida many still believe that Louisville will be his choice amongst the instate schools. He is really really high on Charlie Strong.

I understand the disdain for USC and Lane Kiffin, but Lane's dad, Monte Kiffin is one of the greatest football defensive minds ever. I'd love to see Monte turn Lamar into Derrick Brooks.

All that being said, I, like everyone else besides Lamar, have no idea where he will go. I hope he goes big, but my gut says UL or UK. I hope my gut is wrong. I am getting DirectTv so I can watch him at Oregon or USC.

I know for a fact that Chuck told him when he was a freshman,that he had a place for him at UK when he graduated.
I'm sure that Florida, Oregon, and USC has alot of Moms cooking for the high profile freshman players, to keep them from being homesick.
Lamar's own words......

"Lamar Dawson:
I plan right now to make my decision around signing day. My top schools remain Kentucky, Oregon, Florida, Michigan, Louisville, USC and Tennessee "
Lamar's words......

Lamar Dawson:
I am looking for the best school where I feel comfortable. Distance will not be a factor. It will be a combination of how I fit with the players and coaches
More Lamar.......

7:03

[Comment From BrianBrian: ]
Are you aware that you will fit very nicely with UK, a team that needs a stud LB like you?
Wednesday October 27, 2010 7:03 Brian
7:04

Lamar Dawson:
It could be a great opportunity for me but there is also a chance for playing time at other schools. A chance to play early will be a little bit of a factor in my college choice
  • 1(current)
  • Next