•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamar Dawson
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:I read today that Dawson's top 3 are Tennessee, USC and UCF. The teams are in no particular order and the information came from one of Tennessee's recruiting experts. If that is his actual top 3, then I would think he'll end up in Knoxville. He's supposed to visit UT on the final recruiting weekend (28th), but you never know what can happen, when it comes to recruiting.

That would be news to me. From what I've heard Kentucky, USC, and Oregon are top 3. If I was betting on it, I'd say it ends up at UK or Oregon.
Ok,thats better,I almost had a heart attack when I saw Tennessee as his final three.lol
He just posted on facebook "Go Ducks!!" Maybe that's a hint. lol
I really have no idea, just sharing what I read. Could just be speculation, but the Tennessee folks seem to like their chances with him.
Those are his final 3 official visits.... Not his Top 3 schools.
Oh. Now, I get it. I see that ugly orange "T".lol You tryin to start something? Just kiddin. No, really. Those are his last 3 visits he has scheduled, not his top 3.
Dawson and Josh Forrest are scheduled to visit Central Florida Jan. 21.
Tica Wrote:Dawson and Josh Forrest are scheduled to visit Central Florida Jan. 21.

Yes. Along with Parker and several other KY high school seniors. I believe there is about 6-7 goin that wknd from here.
SportzAnimal Wrote:Oh. Now, I get it. I see that ugly orange "T".lol You tryin to start something? Just kiddin. No, really. Those are his last 3 visits he has scheduled, not his top 3.

Haha.. A UT fan would never share misleading information, on a message board, in hopes that a top recruit will end up in Big Orange Country.

In all seriousness though, it must've been a typo or just an opinion on where they think Dawson stands, right now. Either way, I'm really looking forward to see where he ends up.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:Haha.. A UT fan would never share misleading information, on a message board, in hopes that a top recruit will end up in Big Orange Country.

Nah...never! :eyeroll: Lol!

I think we are all anxious to hear his decision.
Does anyone know Lamar's final stats from the All-American game?

I know I saw him make a tackle and force a fumble on the East's TE but was in and out and didn't get to consistently watch the whole game.
It was 2-3 tackles and a forced fumble. Not much since they primarily threw the ball.
Rebel55 Wrote:That would be news to me. From what I've heard Kentucky, USC, and Oregon are top 3. If I was betting on it, I'd say it ends up at UK or Oregon.

hmm... would he stay at home and play for a joker or go get loaded on free nike gear? I thought USC wasn't allowed to offer scholarships this year
toussaints Wrote:hmm... would he stay at home and play for a joker or go get loaded on free nike gear? I thought USC wasn't allowed to offer scholarships this year

At least he has a chance to play for a joker unlike all of us on here.
toussaints Wrote:hmm... would he stay at home and play for a joker or go get loaded on free nike gear? I thought USC wasn't allowed to offer scholarships this year

They can still offer scholarships, they are just limited to the number of scholarship players they can have. I am not sure on this but I think for this coming year it is 15 less scholarship players than normal.
This may be selfish, but would love to see him stay in state so i could go watch him
Saw on ESPN that Kentucky's recruiting class was just outside of the top 25. If they land Lamar it may push them into the top 25.
MSU Eagle Wrote:Saw on ESPN that Kentucky's recruiting class was just outside of the top 25. If they land Lamar it may push them into the top 25.

I'd love to see us get him and land a top 25 recruiting class.Come on Lamar pick the blue and white!

He'll be at USC this weekend so they have at least 1 for him. I think they have less scholarships than non sanctioned schools but they still have them. I think they can't go to a bowl or be on tv next year and then they are good.
Ah UT would be a disaster. We are already going to lose the best QB in the state to UT, Kyle Bolin.
i hope lamar picks the school that will help him become a great student, great football player, and most importantly the school that will make him the happiest.
toussaints Wrote:i hope lamar picks the school that will help him become a great student, great football player, and most importantly the school that will make him the happiest.

Amen brother. Couldn't be said any better.
Whoever he plays for will be on TV so at least we can watch him there.
Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:Whoever he plays for will be on TV so at least we can watch him there.

I haven't seen many Central Florida games on the tube......
why wouldnt the stud go to OREGON!
Long way away maybe. Heard a big name college coach the other day say that 2/3 of all big time recruits eventually end up going to school within 150 miles of where they live. Don't think I realized that. Course he could have been mistaken.
Most big-time recruits don't come from Kentucky and usually live within 150 miles of a national contender. Now of course there are going to be exceptions. I hardly consider UK, UofL, Cincy, UT, Vandy, or WKU a national contender. I feel like if any highly touted recruit ends up staying in state it's because that's what everyone else wanted them to do and they felt obligated or felt like they would be alienated for choosing a school outside of the state.
After reading the article in the Danville paper last Friday where he said.......and I am paraphrasing......"how much a school wins is not a determining factor in my decision. I want to go where I can play right away and what feels like the best fit for me."

Since winning games is not a priority and playing time is I can't help but think he'll be a Wildcat. Or at Central Florida who has apparently told him he would start right away for them. Everyone else on his list wins or knows how to win or has a rich tradition based on winning.
Me either, but with the other schools still in consideration, I don't think there's much chance he'll go there. The others are on TV quite a bit, with Oregon being on probably the least.
For what it's worth, I follow recruiting pretty hard and ThaRinger (A pretty Respectable source) tweeted in response to "@RivalsCNee: Lamar has narrowed his choices to Kentucky, Oregon, USC, Tenn, and UCF"

"@ Alexi_ G Not Looking great for USC with Dawson."

"ThaRinger: With Dawson? He's Kentucky. Too much comfort with that staff."
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next