•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamar Dawson
Lamar had already took 1 visit to Oregon. Has plans for Tenn, USC, and Michigan in Jan. If he goes to UK this weekend that makes 5. I was thinking that 5 is the limit. If so, Than Florida does not look good and this moment.
adopted purple Wrote:If he goes to UK he will be "The" player on the team. If he goes anywhere else he will be "A" player on the team. I hope he's the one that doesn't leave and helps UK build their program into a national power. It could happen and it has to start somewhere.

I think he would be "THE" player wherever he went as long as he works hard. He is physically gifted enough. Plus I would rather see him be "A" player in the BCS Championship game than "THE" player in the Birmingham Bowl. :please::biggrin:

Dear Adopted Purple,

UK will never be a national power in football.

Signed,

John Calipari
Rebel55 Wrote:Lamar had already took 1 visit to Oregon. Has plans for Tenn, USC, and Michigan in Jan. If he goes to UK this weekend that makes 5. I was thinking that 5 is the limit. If so, Than Florida does not look good and this moment.

At this point I will be shocked if he doesn't go to UK and I expect him to cancel his other visits shortly after this weekend and announce UK at the All Star Game now. Just my gut feeling, nothing that I know or can confirm. :igiveup:
adopted purple Wrote:If he goes to UK he will be "The" player on the team. If he goes anywhere else he will be "A" player on the team. I hope he's the one that doesn't leave and helps UK build their program into a national power. It could happen and it has to start somewhere.

UK will never be a National Power. They don't want to put any money into there football program.
It look like UK only care about Basketball, and cheerleader.
RebelPride12 Wrote:I think he would be "THE" player wherever he went as long as he works hard. He is physically gifted enough. Plus I would rather see him be "A" player in the BCS Championship game than "THE" player in the Birmingham Bowl. :please::biggrin:

Dear Adopted Purple,

UK will never be a national power in football.

Signed,

John Calipari

LOL. Maybe not in my lifetime, but I'm old. You need to be a little more optimistic Rebel.
RebelPride: nice letter there by Coach Cal...lol

I just want Lamar to go where he'll be happy with his decision. He is smart and, in the end, will make the right choice for himself. I hope it's UK, since that's where I've said he go from the jump, but Oregon would be nice too. I just don't wanna see him go to another SEC school or Loserville.

For him to use an official visit to UK...well, we could wrap him up this wknd! Let's hope the players and the coaching staff can come through for us!
adopted purple Wrote:LOL. Maybe not in my lifetime, but I'm old. You need to be a little more optimistic Rebel.

LOL! He's not gonna be optimistic, he's a Seminole fan...
cj2561 Wrote:UK will never be a National Power. They don't want to put any money into there football program.
It look like UK only care about Basketball, and cheerleader.

Well I think it's time to change that. I hope the new President and Atheletic Director will make football a priority. Well, next to basketball and cheerleading of course.
SportzAnimal Wrote:LOL! He's not gonna be optimistic, he's a Seminole fan...

The truth finally comes out. No wonder we didn't hit it off right away.:biggrin:
Hey I like UK football, even though they did Mike Hartline wrong but I digress......I just wish that Lamar would go to a school with a great program/history. But, if UK is what will make him happy so be it. I'll still be watching and rooting for him regardless. This Nole fan was ready to be a Gator fan for 4 years had he gone to to Florida. As much as it pains me to admit that.
I'd be a Lamar Dawson fan, but never a Gator or Cardinal fan....NEVER!

Since, I'm already a Cat and Duck fan (way more Cat)...I'm feelin pretty confident right now.
....and they did do Hartline wrong
Lamar is a player and with others as gifted as him could take UK to a BCS game or even a championship game.Now I'm a big UK fan,so don't get mad at me guys.lol
SportzAnimal Wrote:I'd be a Lamar Dawson fan, but never a Gator or Cardinal fan....NEVER!

Since, I'm already a Cat and Duck fan (way more Cat)...I'm feelin pretty confident right now.

Same here. You could also add Tennessee to the list of Never a fan of. Also from the story I heard of what happened at the party, Hartline IMO got everythng that he deserved.
Rebel55 Wrote:Same here. You could also add Tennessee to the list of Never a fan of. Also from the story I heard of what happened at the party, Hartline IMO got everythng that he deserved.

Suspend him a quarter, maybe a half, but the whole game is excessive. Hartline has never been loved by the BBN so I am sure the stories on him are just like the stories on Billy G. Watch the charges get dropped. Then what? Suspended for nothing. When Newton and Moss stink up the joint against Pitt Hartline will get blamed for that also. I still think Newton(or his daddy) called the cops.
Hatz Wrote:Micah was probably a little more heralded than Lamar at this point.

However to Lamar's credit he is the Gatorade Player of the year in KY, Invited to the All-American Bowl, Ranked the top KY recruit and among the more sought after LB's in the nation.

One other thing in Lamar's resume not in Micah's: 2 State Titles. :1:

yea i know, i thought Belfry would face him those couple of yrs but Ft.Campbell got beat out..
Rebel55 Wrote:Lamar had already took 1 visit to Oregon. Has plans for Tenn, USC, and Michigan in Jan. If he goes to UK this weekend that makes 5. I was thinking that 5 is the limit. If so, Than Florida does not look good and this moment.

It's my understanding that Mich. is not an official visit.
Must've changed his mind on that too. His official visits were originally... Oregon, USC, Florida, Michigan, and Tennessee. He didn't want to use an official visit on a school close to home, like UK or UL. That's why, I would think, that since he is now using one on UK...we have a very, very good chance of landing him. We shall see how it all pans out...
Last night, I've heard for the first time that one school has moved ahead of them all at this time and a decision could be made sooner than expected.
Nice! Was the source reliable?
RebelPride12 Wrote:Hey I like UK football, even though they did Mike Hartline wrong but I digress......I just wish that Lamar would go to a school with a great program/history. But, if UK is what will make him happy so be it. I'll still be watching and rooting for him regardless. This Nole fan was ready to be a Gator fan for 4 years had he gone to to Florida. As much as it pains me to admit that.

how can you say THEY did Hartline wrong?THEY didnt make him go out and get in trouble, he done that his self,everybody does wrong and should be forgiven,but you have to pay for your wrong,does it hurt UK chances,yes,but maybe the others will learn from it...
cuppett777 Wrote:how can you say THEY did Hartline wrong?THEY didnt make him go out and get in trouble, he done that his self,everybody does wrong and should be forgiven,but you have to pay for your wrong,does it hurt UK chances,yes,but maybe the others will learn from it...

I can say it because that is my opinion on the situation. First time he has ever been in trouble, last game ever......like I said, 1 quarter even a half suspension is cool. Whole game? Excessive. There will be plenty more incidents like this in the future and when it happens to someone the BBN loves everyone won't be so happy then.
Rebel55 Wrote:Last night, I've heard for the first time that one school has moved ahead of them all at this time and a decision could be made sooner than expected.

And that school is UK, right? Come one now Rebel.......spill it, son. I think it is pretty obvious myself.
RebelPride12 Wrote:And that school is UK, right? Come one now Rebel.......spill it, son. I think it is pretty obvious myself.

You know me, I'm not one to gossip. It's a Confusedecret:
Well, I hope all speculation is correct. I'd love to drive over to Lex and watch him play, as to having to watch him on TV. Come on Joker, coaches, former players, current players, and commits. This is a big time recruiting wknd, and not just because of Lamar. We have some really nice players comin in this wknd. Let's get it done and land these kids!

So. If he does decide to commit earlier than thought, would it be.... just an announcement, a media staged announcement (like at the HS), or at the Army AA Bowl?
Most recent Lamar Dawson article from UK's recruiting consultant in charge of bringing Lamar to UK.

http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews/spor...6753.story
I think he would be a great fit in UT he would have a really great chance of freshman playing time and they need all the help they can get and it would be pretty close to home for him>no matter where he gos he will be a great player at the next level best of luck to lamar!
I for one am glad to see this kid go! lol He chased my son around the backield twice this year and I cringed evrytime he got near him.He had a great 2 games against us (LexCath) and suprised me what a good running back he is.
So when is he expected to make his decision?
I read today that Dawson's top 3 are Tennessee, USC and UCF. The teams are in no particular order and the information came from one of Tennessee's recruiting experts. If that is his actual top 3, then I would think he'll end up in Knoxville. He's supposed to visit UT on the final recruiting weekend (28th), but you never know what can happen, when it comes to recruiting.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next