•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamar Dawson
Lamar Dawson:
I am going to make my own decision. I really am not relying on anyone else to help me decide
[Comment From BrianBrian: ]
Would it be important to be a key factor to try and help a program turn the page?
Wednesday October 27, 2010 7:06 Brian
7:06

Lamar Dawson:
History really does not play a factor with me. I am just looking at what is best for me as of now
Lamar Dawson:
I really have not thought about what I could do for a program or anything like that. I just want to decide where will be best for me
[Comment From BGBG: ]
What do u like the most about UK?

Lamar Dawson:
I like that Kentucky is close to home and knowing the city up there and I know people like Jordan Aumiler
[Comment From GuestGuest: ]
I graduated UK and am biased about the SEC being the best league in college football. Do you think you are strong and fast enough to start as a freshman in the SEC?

Lamar Dawson:
I think I am fast enough and strong enough to play and that's what teams are telling me is why they are recruiting me
[Comment From BGBG: ]
Can u tell us why you are considering Tennessee???? What are the upsides to going there???

Lamar Dawson:
They have a good program, they are in the SEC and I like the coaches
[Comment From BrianBrian: ]
Are you a UK fan in the sense of being a fan? Your recruitment out of the way.

Lamar Dawson:
I have been a Kentucky fan ever since I was little
Lamar Dawson:
At some point I will narrow down to about three or four. That is still hard to do until I get to visit each place
Those are just excerpts from both of his live chats with Larry Vaught. You can go to http://vaughtsviews.com/ and look under Live Chat Archives if you want to read both of the transcripts from the chats.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I know for a fact that Chuck told him when he was a freshman,that he had a place for him at UK when he graduated.

That's fine and dandy I just don't think that people should make the assumption that Lamar will go to UK because Chuck Smith is from Boyle County. If he goes to UK it won't be because Chuck Smith is from Boyle County, IMO.
My gut feeling is that since he said he would narrow to 3 or 4, that he narrows to UK, UL, Oregon and UT.

I do not know Lamar, am not close to Boyle County or anything like that. I am just guessing.
LWC Wrote:My gut feeling is that since he said he would narrow to 3 or 4, that he narrows to UK, UL, Oregon and UT.

I do not know Lamar, am not close to Boyle County or anything like that. I am just guessing.

I could definitely see that happening. We are all guessing.:Thumbs:
Still, you only get to make this choice once in a lifetime. This is a kid with a legit shot at the NFL and the 7 digit dollars that entails. To choose anything less than your best place to shine would be a costly mistake in more ways than one. The pressure is on UK to earn a player like Dawson. I hope they do.
This may be a tad bit off topic, but if I were graduating from high school right now, and could choose my school, I would have to be looking to Vanderbilt and Gus Malzahn.

If a kid has the grades to get into Vandy, Malzahn is one of the best minds in football, period. I hate that he landed a job in the SEC East. Hate it!!!
LivingTheDream Wrote:This may be a tad bit off topic, but if I were graduating from high school right now, and could choose my school, I would have to be looking to Vanderbilt and Gus Malzahn.

If a kid has the grades to get into Vandy, Malzahn is one of the best minds in football, period. I hate that he landed a job in the SEC East. Hate it!!!

Vandy offered but they didn't make his short list.
LivingTheDream Wrote:This may be a tad bit off topic, but if I were graduating from high school right now, and could choose my school, I would have to be looking to Vanderbilt and Gus Malzahn.

As a QB or RB...then yes.

As a defensive player? That's definitely yet to be seen. Auburn's defense is horrible and Malzahn does not have a defensive background.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:As a QB or RB...then yes.

As a defensive player? That's definitely yet to be seen. Auburn's defense is horrible and Malzahn does not have a defensive background.

They are playing for a national championship. I think "horrible" is a little harsh.
RebelPride12 Wrote:That's fine and dandy I just don't think that people should make the assumption that Lamar will go to UK because Chuck Smith is from Boyle County. If he goes to UK it won't be because Chuck Smith is from Boyle County, IMO.

You are right,knowing Lamar he will do what he feels is best for him.
adopted purple Wrote:They are playing for a national championship. I think "horrible" is a little harsh.

True... their defense is awful. Is that better?

If Auburn didn't have the offensive weapons to score crazy amount of points they would have lost no less than 4 games do to their defenses' ineptitude.
I think his Top 5 are UK, UL, Oregon, Florida, and USC. Michigan and UT are the also-rans...IMO

I can see a Top 3 of UK, Oregon, and Florida

Again, it's all just speculation. Lamar has been very quiet about the whole process. I'm sure we'll all learn and hear more as the visits come and go. He's enjoying the whole 'process'! Can't say I blame him....

I still say it's UK! Couldn't be upset at Oregon either...
I am a UK fan and hope he chooses UK. Joker has got to get Dawson if he hopes to start getting the best in KY.
To a real football player. Way would any true footbal player pick UK. UK don't want to put any money into there football program. Just because of that, would put them as there last choose.

If UK would have put some money into there football program back in the 50's. UK might be a football school also. After winning the Nat. title in 51 at UK. They give Rupp a new car, But didn't do nothing for Paul Bear Bryant. Ever one know what he done. If UK would have give him the what he ask for. UK might be a POWER football program now.
When UK starts treating their football program like their basketball program then it will have a chance to be successful. Until then, enjoy bowl games in the greater Birmingham and Nashville areas.

Please go big, Lamar. Go big. If it doesn't work out you can always transfer back to UK or UL. They'll still need you and take you in a second.
i never have seen him play,(Dawson) just wondering if he is supposed to be better than Miacah Johnson?i havent heard anything lately on him,has anyone picked him up, since he didnt get drafted?
cuppett777 Wrote:i never have seen him play,(Dawson) just wondering if he is supposed to be better than Miacah Johnson?i havent heard anything lately on him,has anyone picked him up, since he didnt get drafted?

Micah was probably a little more heralded than Lamar at this point.

However to Lamar's credit he is the Gatorade Player of the year in KY, Invited to the All-American Bowl, Ranked the top KY recruit and among the more sought after LB's in the nation.

One other thing in Lamar's resume not in Micah's: 2 State Titles. :1:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:True... their defense is awful. Is that better?

If Auburn didn't have the offensive weapons to score crazy amount of points they would have lost no less than 4 games do to their defenses' ineptitude.

I just don't think you go undeafeated in the best football conference in the country unless you have a pretty good defense. The same could be said about Oregon, TCU, Wisconsin...ect. JMO
EKUAlum05 Wrote:As a QB or RB...then yes.

If Auburns Defense is horrible what in the world would you calls UK. The only team on the list with a defensive minded head coach is UofL, as great as Oregan is Kelly is an offensive guy, but at Oregan he will get tons of Nike gear. Lamar please don't go to UK and be like Micah Johnson and never be heard of again. Coach Strong will get you to the next level and has a proven track record. He took a 2* safety and made him a freshman All-American
Just read on the Catspause that Dawson will be making an Official Visit this coming weekend to UK... Joker has to sell this kid on his program and where he wants to take this program over the next 4 years.
Navajo4life Wrote:Just read on the Catspause that Dawson will be making an Official Visit this coming weekend to UK... Joker has to sell this kid on his program and where he wants to take this program over the next 4 years.

I think that is huge news for UK fans. If he cancels an official visit to Florida to take an official visit to UK you can't help but think his recruitment is leaning towards a UK commitment. If he changes his mind and announces at the All Star Game then he will be a Wildcat, IMO. I think it would be hard for any recruit to withstand or say no to the full court press the BBN is putting on him.
If he goes to UK he will be "The" player on the team. If he goes anywhere else he will be "A" player on the team. I hope he's the one that doesn't leave and helps UK build their program into a national power. It could happen and it has to start somewhere.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next